PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks friends are useless? 2.0

Darklord
11-18-2005, 10:20 AM
The last thread was closed because it had reached its limit.

Q: Who thinks friends are useless?

me: yes I do think friends are useless, yes I do have a few friends. Mostly form the net but 0 in real life. My father said that there are only allies and secretaries that can help you and thats all. In my opinion I agree, even if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes.

Sword
11-18-2005, 11:03 AM
....Why?

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Dude if they were to betray you they would have a reason to... Its not like any one is out to get you geez stop being such a loser and get some friends part of life is to experience Good and bad... If they betray you whats the big deal? its not like you have any thing to lose what i mean by that is yuo dont have a multy million CO. or anything...

have a nice day XD

.Lovebeat
11-18-2005, 01:52 PM
even if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes. ...meh -.- you're so mean T_______________________T

I think that it depends on your attitude if friends are usueless or not, if you think so, they are, if you don't, they're not.
I think that friends are NOT useless, they can help you in difficult situations and they will be there for you, if they really are your friends. You can have fun with them and you don't have to feel or be alone...my opinion :happy:

Btw, my friends are really precious to me, I would never betray them in any way.

Wonderwice
11-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I think friends are there to help you if you need them. Though I don't have much, those I have I would never betray. Darklord, you have friends, and I will never betray you as a friend.
...I have spoken.

darkheart1252
11-18-2005, 01:56 PM

me: yes I do think friends are useless, yes I do have a few friends. Mostly form the net but 0 in real life. My father said that there are only allies and secretaries that can help you and thats all. In my opinion I agree, even if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes. if friends are useless then why talk to people why not just go shut yourself away from everyone and then you can never be betrayed

Eris
11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Friends are not useless, however they are overrated - or perhaps, it is solitude that is underrated? I like being alone, no people around to bug me all the time so I finally can think clearly.

Vagary
11-18-2005, 02:06 PM
It depends on the kind of friends you want to have. I only have two close friends, (one closer than the other), and I appreciate everything they do for me. My friends aren't useless.

-_-Tan-_-
11-18-2005, 02:07 PM
i think friends arent useless

Eris
11-18-2005, 02:12 PM
i think friends arent useless

See, this is why threads like this turn into pointless spamfests. That post had absolutely not contents. What's interesting isn't that you think that - in fact I could care less what you think about the subject, but the interesting part is why you think that? See, that is something you can discuss.

Kyoshi
11-18-2005, 02:14 PM
i agree w/darklord

shi_amai
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Friends to me, are ultimately important.

I am indeed a quiet and shy person (in real life people, don't get ahead of yourselves), who often likes to be alone and not talk, however, where would one be without friends? Sure, you're going to get hurt every now and again, but that is because we are all human, and therefor are not perfect, so you can't entirely blame some for that, since you aren't either.

I personally think that friends are worth taking a chance of getting hurt. You can have the greatest times in the world with them, and they're there to help you when you're having the horrible ones. They make life better, more worth while.

I understood more how wonderful friends can be this past weekend. Wonderful times.

I understand your opinion Dark Lord, but do you truly enjoy being alone all the time? Do you really want to be cold, alone, and bitter? If so, okay, it's your life, but happiness is something found partially in friends, even if it means you may get hurt. If you get hurt, yes, it was probably for a good reason. Taking a chance is good, because then you could find a great find, someone to have the good times with, and get helping with the bad times, who wouldn't hurt you.

And I have been saved by my friends, so I know they can help you and heal you. That is not hurting you, if they're saving you.

I had a friend once who only considered people "allies". I tried to save him, because he had no friends, obviously, and smoked. He lied to me and told me he didn't, and other stuff, like drugs. Yes, I did get hurt, but do I regret trying to help someone? No. So what if I got hurt, I still had wonderful friends there for me in the long run, and that's what matters.

You may waste your life away alone, but it just won't be as good.

P.S. Dieselmannen, is this long enough for you? Lol.

zodiak
11-19-2005, 01:19 AM
friends are great, you need them in order to be sane. if you didn't have them, well you would be a kid at my school named colin (freaky dude that likes to look at people but not talk to them)

Darklord
11-19-2005, 09:40 AM
AAAAEEHHH!!!.....Why is everyone attacking me! O_o;....I had said that I do have 'NET' friends but no 'REAL' friends. What's wrong with having no friends!...I only have allies but no friends. In this country you can go nowhere with friends except if you befriend gang members in this country, and yes my family has many relations with ganglike people here. So therefore I do not find any use for real friends.....

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Ah grow up dude... get some friends and have fun dont turn your life all serious other wise youll most likely be a prick when you get older... And seriously if there are gangs around and your woried about your life then go out there and live it geez man it isnt that hard and what country are you talking about? Oh and sorry didnt mean to give you a life lesson but it seems like you need one...

have a nice day XD

Wonderwice
11-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Oh, don't be so hard for him..
Treat him with a bit respect, 'k?
thank you.
but
Friends do have meaning, Darklord. Friends aren't useless.

~lost~
11-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Some friends are impotant others not so much, for me that is. I only have about three really close friends (two of them being ex's) and they are really the only thing keeping me out of jail o.o; The other people i just consider people that i know that is pretty much it. But those three guys are the only thing that i really care about, besides i need somewhere to go when my mom kicks me out of the house right? =^.^=

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh, don't be so hard for him..
Treat him with a bit respect, 'k?
thank you.
but
Friends do have meaning, Darklord. Friends aren't useless.
well he has to be a bit more realistic... all i can say...

Dark Knight Yuka
11-19-2005, 02:14 PM
I like friends....o.o

Imp[losion]
11-19-2005, 02:15 PM
even if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes.
That's not a friend, my friend.

Dude if they were to betray you they would have a reason to...
I don't think there's anything as a good reason for betrayal, especially between friends.

Now, to answer the question, I don't consider friends to be useless. They have their... purposes. They help you when you need help, and, as a friend, it is your duty to help them when they need it.

Sword
11-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Think of what your future would be like without friends, man. I can think of a few examples which may require them but I'm not going to give any. I want YOU to think about it. You'll see the right way in the end.

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-19-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't think there's anything as a good reason for betrayal, especially between friends.

What i ment was that you would have to give them a reason to betray you... and yes you can do that...

Mariya Shidō
11-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Only those that have no friends would consider friends useless. And friends dont betray you or whatever, they get into the breach for you when youre in trouble. I think such a topic is redundant :p

-Batman-
11-22-2005, 11:23 AM

me: yes I do think friends are useless, yes I do have a few friends. Mostly form the net but 0 in real life. My father said that there are only allies and secretaries that can help you and thats all. In my opinion I agree, even if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes.
Emo maybe?
You know it's bad for you...humans needs contact of some kind. You can't just stay locked up in your room feeling like the world is going to betray you. sure, there are some assholes out there who use people, but not every last human being on the planet is like that.

Darklord
11-24-2005, 09:48 AM
OK!....I understand your points. Except I am what I am, and no I am not an Emo. And also it is not bad for you to stay locked up in your room, actually its peaceful........ Actually I really didnt have any friends from young age, maybe thats the prob.

[BlackDeath]
11-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Why are they useless? They are more useful than useless, think of all the money you can get, all the information, their contacts who can become your contacts. Sometimes they can get ahold of things that you may find hard to get but they don't. So in actual fact they have more uses than not having any! Plus you get the friendship bonus of being friends and what-not.

dragoninja
11-24-2005, 08:24 PM
im a loser so i never had friends for a long time but yeah, friends kick azz

chiifanloversis
11-24-2005, 08:34 PM
PEOPLE RELAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darklord...its ur choice if want to bealone i dont blame u im always alone :)
but yet i have many friends i sometimes i depend on them to comfort me and give me advice when i need it when i need extra help
its up to u who u wanna hang-out wit or dont hang-out wit

but darklord i agree wit u all the way...allies...thats all they are..most of the time

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Anyone who thinks friends are useless is just foolish.

Humans need companions...studies show that people with close personal ties with others are more developed as people.

Example: Someone with allies will be more blind to the worls then someone with friends. Also note trhat people with friends...even just one, are much more emotionally mature then those without, becauuse people help people grow.

Again, I am a psychology student, don't even go there with me

Darklord
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Ok, but has anyone heard of the term 'different'?

Lola Granola
12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
"Who thinks friends are useless?"

What kind of a question is that? If you're seriously contemplating the matter you:

a) Need new friends.

b) Are just a jerk who should be more considerate concerning relationships with those who care about you.

Masali
12-06-2005, 04:43 PM
God this is so stupid! This thread could be sumed up in the following manner:
"WAAAAHHHH IM DARKLORD AND I GOTS NO FRIENDS! NO BODY LIKES ME!!!!"
then everyone else comes in and says:
"AWwW! You poor pathetic little shrew! We love you, we'll be your internet friend!"
Which is follwed by either
A) Thanks guys *sniffle* I guess friends are good, thanks for the LOADS OF ATTENTION that I wanted so badly
B) NO! I've been hurt to much in the past *cut cut cut cut cut cut*

the choice...is yours

as for me, I love my friends. I have many, I depend on them they depend on me and we all whatch each other's back. Friends that don't look out for you are sucky friends

dragoninja
12-07-2005, 08:12 AM
if I had a friend, he or she might betray me in maximum time of 3 minutes.
.... who ... what .... dude

3 minutes! bet i can make it in 2! brb .....

Trinity Muse
03-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Everyone needs a friend, a mate, a partner, a companion, a comrade...
It's someone you care about and that someone cares about you.
And (in my opinion) it's not possible to not have any friends. But well, I can't argue with the fact that some people (like yourself, Darklord) find it hard to make friends. Yes, it is possible that others judge you by something they personally dislike. But maybe there's another reason? Are you shy or incommunicative? If so, you have to be more social...
Oh, and if a friend betrays you, he can't be considered as a friend anymore. Those people (in my own opinion) are pathetic and don't have selfrespect.
And as for me, I never had any problems with friendship. My friends are all loyal.

So, I wish you luck finding friends (in real life) , Darklord. -Huggle.-

ZG~

lorie
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
ok friends are not useless! how can they be if you can enjoy yourself with them or share things with them if you get betrayed by them then they are not friends! friends are what ppl consider to be good to hang out with you can relax with them and just hang out
seriously hav you ever watched a typical anime - theres always a solitary wolf one that doesnt like to be around ppl because they hav had a bad past-learn from them at the end of the series the solitary wolf starts appreciating the value of friendship and all you see them do is smile
and yes it is good to just be by yourself sometimes but you wouldnt wannt that to the same forever would you
someone here sed that when you dont hav any friends then you turn weird because it does psychological damage to your brain
theres no problem in being different but live a little-when you start having friends you will understand wat im talking about because this subject is rely hard to explain

Kaikou
03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
It depends on your judgement. If you choose your friends wisely then you should have no problem with betrayal. I have two friends that I've know since I was 8 and they've never betrayed me, and if they did for what ever reason they made sure to make it up to me a.s.a.p. This is where you're loyalty as a friend comes into play. If you can forgive them then it proves you are worthy of being a friend, if you can not there must be jealousy or hatered already implanted towards that person you choose as a friend. Again, It will depend on the pridicament, it may be logical that your friend be punished for betraying you, or maybe not.

With in reason, friends are supposed to be there for you when you have no one to talk to, when you can't tell your parents, or siblings or anyone else. They're there to comfort you at bad times and to support your idea's and maybe even get involved in your plans. They're a shoulder to lean on and Bodyguard to spoken lies. They will stand up for you. They will be there to assist you if you need help. Friends are like your brothers or sisters, only since you're not related there is less fighting and they brighten up your life when you spend time with them. This is what it means to have friends. If you choose right, friends have more uses then a Jackknife and if you choose wrong...that's your fault.

Allies are not as useful, they're missing one major factor that a good friend has, Trust.
I feel sorry for those who do not have the pleasure of having at least one friend.

lorie
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
i noticed that relationships change you can drift apart frm your friends or after an arguement either break up the relationship or mend it but act different towards each other-anyways as equally as it matters for your friends to come through for you, you hav to see if you will do the same for them
you can change your friends-maybe they used to be worse off before you came along and taught them how to be a good friend by being a good friend yourself and yes you must be prepared to hav arguements with your friends but thats normal it means that you can trust your friendship

Martherus
03-28-2006, 08:24 AM
Well.. you must know who your friends are..
I mean.. people who betray you in no time are not friends.
not that I have many^^

Anyway, not all people are bad..

Sayoran
03-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Good friends are hard to come by, but they are far from useless, for example they can entertain you... Go forth my jesters! ^^

I believe it is better to have a few close friends rather than lots of more distant ones, but that's just me... And also, you lot shouldn't be so hard on people who lack friends in real life, and/or prefer ones online - I have found online friends can be just as good if not better in some circumstances.

Thanks,
Sayoran ^_^

lorie
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
yeh online friends are good but seriously theres a life outside and i love living it!!

.Alumina
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
My friends are really important to me and why aren't they inportant to you? (referring to person who started this thread) that's just stupid if you dont care about them then how can you call them your friends?

Kaikou
03-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Ok, but has anyone heard of the term 'different'?
I wouldn't call it different. I'd call it stupid. No offence. But if you need to bring out "I am different then everybody because I don't except anyone as my friend." as an excuse then that's just pathetic. Really.

I think maybe you have been hurt by a former friend who may have betrayed you. You should probably listen to me carefully here, when I say that not everyone is like that. You shouldn't give up on having friends because of one set back. That's like giving up on playing Baseball because you missed catching the ball 'Once'. Nobody does that, now do they? What you need is to make friends that like what you like. Go to anime conventions or anime stores and if you see someone looking at something you like get up the courage to talk to them. Just say, "So, You like that anime too?" It's that easy. You're problem might even be that you can't find anyone you want to be friends with, so look harder.

.Alumina
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
8applauds* that was nice Kaikou,
you wanna know how i met my friends? i started a slagging match over anime, and we sorta became friends sweet,no? and i think its fine having friends online. but having a gang of really close friends is better then having a large group of 'just ok' friends,or thats my opinion.

shdow_blade
03-28-2006, 01:33 PM
friends aren't useless......i don't know why they are not useless, but they are not useless

Ayame_Sohma
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Hello

I See where you are coming round if you dont have real friends in the real world no one can hurt you but also u must be sooo lonely yes it true thats some people only want to hurt and even betray you but also there are some people that will truly wanna to be with friends in the real world and also they can fill your life with all much happiness and joy so dont give up Darklord :D

philmaster628
03-28-2006, 03:29 PM
they are not useless.....they can help u out sometimes like borrow a game or help jump someone

Dr.McDoom!
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh, i know a lot of friendly ppl. But they don't mean much to me, so, i stay away from them. A friend can be an extra help, but an extra burden as well. I keep very less friends close, but i keep them good. Not all ppl i know are trustworthy, so, i only stick with the best.

lorie
03-28-2006, 03:48 PM
friends aren't useless......i don't know why they are not useless, but they are not useless
tell it like it is!!!

Lilium Filix
03-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Friends are not useless.
Even though some friends may turn out to be cheating backstabbers.
True friends are a treasure (sue me for being cheessy xp)
One can have many benefits from having loyal friends.
I am speaking with experience when I say that.
My friends always have my back, and I am grateful for that.
So why do you think friends are useless?

~Angel has spoken~
~AEK~

Bean Bandit
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
If a friend is useless... Then apparently they were not a true trusted friend anyways.

A friend should be able to stand by you in the good and the bad times. Basically listen to your good stuff, and also listen to your ramblings or whinings or what ever people wish to call it.

A true friend never leaves your side, even if you do get mad at each other. Anything you confided in them, would always remain with them.

lorie
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
yep thats it the true value of friendship
Darklord i will even thank you for starting this thread

Ichiro Matsuchani
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
In some ways that can be true but in other ways I can say a bit differently.

There are some people that put priority on friends more then anything else in their life. That in itself is a mistake. I say that because if you say that you have a lot of friends, then I would question the quality of them.

Now to my point. Friends are to be understanding and be there to help you in times of mental or physical need. And vise versa. In that way friends are not useless.

At least I think so.

Bean Bandit
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
But everyone is different, and everyone values friendships differently.
Some people have the need or the urge to have a lot of friends. THere is nothing wrong in that. It might be giving them the moral or boost of confidence they need.

Quality of friends is a different subject. you can have 50 friends in a room. Out of those 50 friends you might just trust one as your total best friend you can trust with anything. And again there is nothing wrong with that.

Kaikou
03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
8applauds* that was nice KaikouThank you. I am a great guru of absolute knowledge. Ha ha ha! ... ... Just kidding. o.o; I'm merely stating the obvious.

Rageling
03-29-2006, 12:17 AM
It sounds mean but the majority of people who think friends are useless only think that way because of their own inability to aquire them, so there not the best sources. Other than that it's just people who have had tramatic experiances who again are unable to give an objective opinion and wannabe emo punks who just like to sound dark. Even fake friends can be manipulated so even they have uses. Basically the human being is a social creature that requires friends to survive. Haven't you ever wondered why hermits usually turn out to be crazy?

Reika Yagami
03-29-2006, 12:32 AM
friendships are very most vital important. of course, you need them otherwise, you will be ended up become a loner. Even a loner need friends too. they may be help you all the times. ^^

lorie
03-29-2006, 04:27 AM
It sounds mean but the majority of people who think friends are useless only think that way because of their own inability to aquire them, so there not the best sources. Other than that it's just people who have had tramatic experiances who again are unable to give an objective opinion and wannabe emo punks who just like to sound dark. Even fake friends can be manipulated so even they have uses. Basically the human being is a social creature that requires friends to survive. Haven't you ever wondered why hermits usually turn out to be crazy?
wat you said is not rude at all its absolutely true! it is cus they cant get friends themselves so they start thinking theres no need for friends and everyone needs friends to survive or be sane(?)

Seldrima
03-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Not all friends are useless, i find that my friends are alotta help when i'm down u_u. But some can be a lil unhelpfull. But overall friends rock.

_allismine_
04-01-2006, 02:54 AM
Friends are meaningless. They only come to you when they want something. so you can't trust ANYONE. I've tried the 'friendship' thing hundreds of times, and all of them ended up stabbing me in the back. All attempts at 'friendship' end up in pain. They either betray you.

Or they die. Both instances I've experienced, BTW.

Redfield? Don't flame me, alright? ^^
I'm not emo. Really. But the only people I've MET are assholes, no matter where I've went!! They all want SOMETHING from me.
But I'm not emo because I haven't shut myself out. I'm still searching for that one person who's a true friend. Loyal, honest, always there for you, always there to talk, can KEEP your secrets, and likes you for who you ARE, rather than what you can DO or BUY for them. And vice-versa, because I would always be there for them.
But I've just described MY perfect friend. The more you want something, the less attainable it becomes (think about it). So I've just stopped caring. I don't lock myself in my room all day, listening to Hawthorne Heights, doing presumably unpleasant actions to myself with a sharp object, writing depressing poetry, and pretending I have life problems to gain pity from the world.
I only lock myself in my room HALF the day. My poetry is PROFOUND. I listen to SILVERSTEIN. I don't have to pretend. And I don't need your pity. XDDD

*sigh*
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just insane.

Souhi
04-01-2006, 07:57 AM
I can see where you're coming from _allismine_ most of the firends I've met either changed or thought that i wasn't cool enough t be worth their time anymore. I got to say, high school can really reveal who's your real friends, and who are the shallow ones. I used to think i had like a dozen of friends, but get this, after the summer, they won't even acknowledge my existence in the hallways or in class. Although i have managed to hang onto one friend, and he is a true, true friend. Last week when some older kid started beating me up, he jumped in and got hurt too while everyone else stood by and laughed. We rarely ever buy each other stuff, in fact the best times i've ever had are when we were just hanging out doing absolutely nothing. When i make friends, i follow one simple rule. I'd would rather have one amzing friend, then a group of friends i dont know as well. But then agin that's just me, and I'm a bit weird.

_allismine_
04-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I completely agree with you, animefreak. I hate it when people stand around in a crowd just watching, not doing anything.
That friend you have's a true one. Congrats. ^^

Souhi
04-02-2006, 06:58 PM
I completely agree with you, animefreak. I hate it when people stand around in a crowd just watching, not doing anything.
That friend you have's a true one. Congrats. ^^Thank you animegalleries, you've actually helped me appreciate my friends a bit more http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif I wish everyone could have at least one good friend. Everyone's different, but facing life alone sure can be difficult at times.

Knight_of_NI
04-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I have a total of two friends they were both [removed], I have not had a
friend in years and have lost all faith in the hole idea of friends. :(

Katrina_Survivor2
04-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Well, I will keep my anti-emo rants to myself.

This question depends entirely on the person who is answering. Different people get different uses out of different things. Me, friends are the only thing making me happy right now. And I am very happy, so they are good at what they are doin. I love them so much, they are so great. They just make it worth going to school, because every day I get up to go to school, I know I am one step closer to the weekend, when we can hang out.

Maya Miyazono
04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Of course I do not! Friendship is something you can't call useless.
It's hard having none and having some who don't understand you.

But in the end you'll see thats not why you became friends, You learn from eachother that you befriended one an other to never feel alone again or just to
be together, Whatever reason yourself have.

They'll always be your side and eventually risk there lives.

Watergnome
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Friendship is more of a pain in the [removed] then its worth.

_allismine_
04-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Friendship is more of a pain in the [removed] then its worth. XDDDD
Wow, that was direct. Thank you very much for proving my point. XD

Souhi
04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Yes, that is one of the less glamorous parts of friendship. A friend today, can very well be an enemy tomorrow. It's no easy task being and keeping friends. There really isn't a clear answer wether or not friends are useless.

Knight_of_NI
04-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a total of two friends they were both [removed], I have not had a
friend in years and have lost all faith in the hole idea of friends. :(

Yes I am quoteing my self but i would like to change someting.
I have not given up on haveing friends completly I think haveing
a GOOD friend is priceless, thats what they say anyway.
Thanks to some of the posts I have read I think I will start
lookin for a good friend again, one that wont be a backsabing,
flaky @#$^%$@#.:)

_allismine_
04-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks to some of the posts I have read I think I will start
lookin for a good friend again, one that wont be a backsabing,
flaky @#$^%$@#.
Cheers to that, mate. ^^

Grognar
04-06-2006, 12:44 AM
i dont think friends are useless
they can be helpful
like you can go to them with your problems
but then again there are some people out there that will twist the meaning of what you say to them >.<

Grim Scythe
04-06-2006, 02:20 AM
hmm this may be harsh but
you are an ingrate
have you ever had friends outside of the computer?
real friends dont betray eachother
and no my life isnt all happy
and iv probably been through more crap than you can even imagine
so before you bad mouth friends make some
flesh and blood ones
then come talk about how useless they are
if you have anything to say to me specifically pm me because i probably wont check this thread often
that goes for all who read this
hmm sorry if iv hurt anyfeelings but iv been through what you might call psychological "hell" (im atheist but since this is such a generalized term and i cant get in trouble with it i use it)

_allismine_
04-06-2006, 03:38 AM
We're not really bad mouthing friends. We're bad-mouthing the experiences we've had with 'friends'.
Read the posts a little more carefully.

Jullian
04-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Those who think friends are useless...have none. o:

Masali
04-06-2006, 10:48 AM
heh, okay. If you're friends have betrayed you then I have a feeling either:

A. you did something to piss them off real bad
B. they were never your friends in the first place.

it is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that humans require contact with other human being or else they will become antisocial, depressed, and isolated (aka, emo). So thinking friends are useless is turning you into an absolutely useless human being. We are social creatures, interaction between friends is almost essential to live happily. And @ threadstarter person: You're dad is a freaking idiot.

I think friends are very useful. You can't exactly tell your parents every little thing that happens in your life. It would be awkward if you went up to your mom and said "Damn, mom, julie gives the best freakin' [sensored naughty act =D]" In this respect friends are needed to joke around with, talk about personal things, and maintain your sanity.

A person without friends isn't a person anymore. Go out, talk to some people, and make some friends. and:

CHEER UP, EMO KID!

Kira_yamato69
04-06-2006, 10:52 AM
I do I do there so usless

Grognar
04-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I do I do there so uslessand do you have a reason why they are?
j/w
because i dont think you saying they are will convince me that they are:)

saskie
04-06-2006, 05:13 PM
Hm... Let me think... So you wanna become an old man and die by yourself? :P~! I'm just kidding. I know how you feel at times. But that's the problem. Your internet friends aren't gonna be there and be with you all the time... One day the internet will be cut... Then it'll be a while for you and them to connect again. They changed and you did you. Then it'll be going back to square one; you're alone again. What will you do then? You said that your friend are useless... At time I would have to agree with you. They're there sometimes and they don't help you speak out some of your problems. But I disagree with you that they're useless. They are not useless, they help you with your homework~! :D Nah I'm just kidding, they can help you get through some of your problem, and make you enjoy your life more. Stayong on the computer all the time gets boring, you know. So yea... :D Make new friends. From what I see, you don't have a very strong communication skills. :D Improve it by speaking out louder. ^__^

ShadowtheWarWolf
04-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Some friends are useless, but most of them aren't.

Grim Scythe
04-07-2006, 01:46 AM
i was responding to the thread maker i really didnt read the other posts because i really value my friends

_allismine_
04-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, not generalizing all friends like that! Just the ones WE'VE come into contact with. :-P

shougo amakousa
04-23-2006, 01:11 PM
well everyone needs friends sometime just not now maybe.people who think they dont need friends realise too late that they,do like me.

Cat_Demon
04-23-2006, 01:14 PM
if they are going to betray you does that make them a true friend? no, i got in a fight with a friend of mine, (due to her fault) but it doesnt mean i turn my back on them completly.

if you have no real friends in life, then get your butt off the chair and go meet new people!

Keyasaffection
04-23-2006, 01:30 PM
some are some are not.....

lorie
04-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Agreed. They are those who claim to be your friend and then backchat you. The thing is you always seemed to think of them as friends which is what makes the subject so depressing. I seem to have a lot of this in my school which is one of the reasons I hate it.

Keyasaffection
04-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Agreed. They are those who claim to be your friend and then backchat you. The thing is you always seemed to think of them as friends which is what makes the subject so depressing. I seem to have a lot of this in my school which is one of the reasons I hate it.
exactly what i ment but im to lazy to wright it my self.....^^

Scion
04-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Two words: Anti social.

Live, get out of your room or wherever the hell you spend your days and look for people who share common interests. Don't be a deppressing loser who won't even talk to other kids.

Cat_Demon
04-23-2006, 01:47 PM
so true, but no one likes to talk about me, since everyone still remembers last year, (i beat up a girl for calling me a w word and the b word) also since people think im super nice (unless you say something completly stupid or i hate you)

Keyasaffection
04-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Two words: Anti social.

Live, get out of your room or wherever the hell you spend your days and look for people who share common interests. Don't be a deppressing loser who won't even talk to other kids.now how are you talking to???...*confused*

lorie
04-23-2006, 01:57 PM
so true, but no one likes to talk about me, since everyone still remembers last year, (i beat up a girl for calling me a w word and the b word) also since people think im super nice (unless you say something completly stupid or i hate you)
Wow well thats really a very good thing. Its called respect and people know not to mess with you. You are uncanny to my cousin. She had anger-management issues though. I cant really bring myself to care about it when people cuss me. Its just too... troublesome. The girl who I kind of described as backchatting has now no friends but once she asked me 'are you talking to me?' in a meek voice and I couldnt bring myself to say no! Plus if theres someone who doesnt like me well theres no point in even worrying about this prospect. Its a waste of time. I like to choose who i hang out with and most of them are really nice, funny people.

Cat_Demon
04-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Wow well thats really a very good thing. Its called respect and people know not to mess with you. You are uncanny to my cousin. She had anger-management issues though. I cant really bring myself to care about it when people cuss me. Its just too... troublesome. The girl who I kind of described as backchatting has now no friends but once she asked me 'are you talking to me?' in a meek voice and I couldnt bring myself to say no! Plus if theres someone who doesnt like me well theres no point in even worrying about this prospect. Its a waste of time. I like to choose who i hang out with and most of them are really nice, funny people.
yep most of my friends love to goof off and make troble in class (mostly the guys do this) but its still funny.

Yeah but if she slaps you across your face, its a whole different story

lorie
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
yep most of my friends love to goof off and make troble in class (mostly the guys do this) but its still funny.

Yeah but if she slaps you across your face, its a whole different story
Very different. I would love to be able to fight though. Ive never had the experience before but I dont like many people thinking I'm weak. Its not really a good thing cus people can pick on you. Though that hasnt happened yet it might. Am scared! Oh well we will see.

Cat_Demon
04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Very different. I would love to be able to fight though. Ive never had the experience before but I dont like many people thinking I'm weak. Its not really a good thing cus people can pick on you. Though that hasnt happened yet it might. Am scared! Oh well we will see.
no one would dare to pick on me, if they try anything all i need to do is scream and boom they are jumped, my friends are overprotective of me, saying im to precious to fight and that i shouldnt waste time.

lorie
04-23-2006, 02:15 PM
no one would dare to pick on me, if they try anything all i need to do is scream and boom they are jumped, my friends are overprotective of me, saying im to precious to fight and that i shouldnt waste time.
Really??!! I seem to live in a bad area. Everywhere your friends like to see you fight. And win of course. And they have your back. if you have a sister then of course they try to stop it. I have seen this myself. Though have never been in a situation.
Its true when you use your mouth those wannabes usually back away. I love it when that happens!! It just shows how weak some people are.

Cat_Demon
04-23-2006, 02:20 PM
Really??!! I seem to live in a bad area. Everywhere your friends like to see you fight. And win of course. And they have your back. if you have a sister then of course they try to stop it. I have seen this myself. Though have never been in a situation.
Its true when you use your mouth those wannabes usually back away. I love it when that happens!! It just shows how weak some people are.
yep, i love that, so funny. I can talk so much smack to anyone but hey at least i can back myself up with no help

LittleMomo
04-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Friends aren't useless, they have helped me a lot, they cheered me up when I'm down, although we get into funny times, it's worth having great friends! ^-^ Who really do care for each other.

[Boolean]
04-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I must disagree with that. My friends help me all the time, and I try to return the favor. If it weren't for friends, ____ wouldn't have been able to complete a project while they were in Japan. If it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't like anime. If it weren't for my friends, I'd still be teased. Friends are as beneficial to humans as drinking water in my opinion; without them, you'd die (emotionally and socially only of course, but still).

Music Fiend
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, I have many friends on the 'net (one of them I have deep, strong feelings for), as well as a few good friends outside of the 'net. Sure, friends sometimes let you down, take advantage of you, or leave you out-to-dry, but I would much rather take those risks, than be alone forever. I have some great friends who know how to cheer me up and keep me on my toes. Not everyone can be lucky enough to find friends like those, but, when you do find those types of friends, its something really special.

ChaosAlchemist
04-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Darklord friends are useless they just get in the way that is why I dont have friends because they will stop if Im trying to do something how would you say evil friends as you would say are just annoyences becuase people are trying to become my frined but they dont take no for an answer so that is why I am by myself

**Fruits~Basket**
04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
At times Yeah
They get annoyig
I need some Alone time
But they Are comfort at times

bafflequeen
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
friends can sometimes be useful and useless....it really depends on what kind a friends do you have.

DontBlink
04-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Friends=fun

They can help you and give you advice.

_Anonymous_
04-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Okay, to be living, you have needs. And as humans, I believe that we need other people (friends). If you have no one to talk to about how you feel about things, all your feelings get bottled up, and unexpressed. Which is bad for mental/emotional health. And about needing friends... there are few people who havce one person that they can talk to about anything, because that person most likely has some quirks that bother them sometimes, and that they wish to talk about with someone else. Thus why I think friends are definitly not useless.

Lunamaria
04-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Friends aren't useless...they're the only reason that I do go to school or to any place...or unless my parents make me go anyway.

And why should you think friends are useless? Just because you don't have any friends in r/l, doesn't mean they ARE useless [which of course, they're not]. Try making friends. Let's see how you do.

To me, friends are the 3rd most important things in my life. Nope, 4th. But let's stay on topic. Without friends, it would be hard to find out instant help or questions. Friends are essential to our lives, they are part of our needs. We need friends and family to belong. Not to belong in the crowd where everyone has the same stuff but to belong in something.

To sum it up: GET SOME FRIENDS. Ya can't take your computer with you all the time, you know? Besides, it's fun to have friends you can see and hang out with on a daily basis.

White_Fang
04-24-2006, 02:59 AM
i am fine without friends..i have a lot online, but in real life..zero, obviously. =Pi don't really think friends are that important. and my dad agrees with darklord's dad. dads under the world are all the same, as it seems

bms
04-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Friends are never useless; if they're are useless they are not real friends. "One with no friends only has enemies."

lorie
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
i am fine without friends..i have a lot online, but in real life..zero, obviously. =Pi don't really think friends are that important. and my dad agrees with darklord's dad. dads under the world are all the same, as it seems
My Dad actually says the same. It is annoying. VERY annoying.