PDA

View Full Version : When will they give up on pokemon?

sasukechan12
11-12-2005, 08:31 PM
When will they give up on pokemon? i mean theres like6 movies over 300 episodesd and 1000 differnt tc's . a person would think they wold have given up by now.:banghead:

Annik
11-12-2005, 08:32 PM
They'll give up when I stop doing this.

GO PIKACHU!

-throws pokeball-

3BladeDemoness
11-12-2005, 08:37 PM
I hate it do be honest, its annoying and stupid. Give up already!!

sasukechan12
11-12-2005, 08:39 PM
yeah totally

shinju hoshi
11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
i dont no when they well giv up but hope its soon

Life & Death
11-12-2005, 08:54 PM
i reckon they should give up while there ahead

MistaCloudStrife
11-12-2005, 09:01 PM
They'll give up when they stop making money... And right now they're still making a steady flow of cash...

Let me ask YOU this... If YOU made Poke'mon and are making a steady cashflow from it, would you stop it?? Would you say no to money?? I think not.

Pyrobrave
11-28-2005, 03:23 PM
They'll give up when they stop making money... And right now they're still making a steady flow of cash...

Let me ask YOU this... If YOU made Poke'mon and are making a steady cashflow from it, would you stop it?? Would you say no to money?? I think not.
Totally true. It's called supply and demand. As long as kids are watching them on TV and buying their cards, and going to there movies and buying theior stuffed animals they will never end. It's basic business crap

PokemonTrainerLisa
11-28-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, and as far as I can see, Nintendo is doing a great job with the Pokemon franchise, and has been ever since the days of Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Of course, now things are gonna get a lot more interesting, cause once Pokemon Pearl and Diamond come out for the Nintendo DS in Japan, I have a feeling people are gonna start loving the Pokemon franchise all over again (or, at least, I hope so).

And I think those games will probably bring a lot more people back to Pokemon, and hopefully, they'll get some new people into it as well. ^_^

When will they give up on pokemon? i mean theres like6 movies over 300 episodesd and 1000 differnt tc's . a person would think they wold have given up by now.:banghead:Well, to answer your question, sasukechan12, as long as Nintendo and Game Freak keep making Pokemon games, they will keep making episodes of the Pokemon anime, keep making movies, and keep making more cards as well.

And I'm sorry, but I think you're a little bit off on your facts there....

To be more exact, Pokemon has 8 movies currently and they're working on a 9th one now (that's in Japan, of course, they still haven't released the 8th movie in the U.S. yet). And they now have over 400 episodes of the Pokemon anime (again, that's in Japan, in the U.S., we're still in the 300's).

And like that one person said, why would they stop making Pokemon stuff if it makes them money?

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone on here knows this, but Pokemon has actually made two records in the Guiness Book of World Records.

One record was for Most Seizures Caused By A TV Show (and I feel bad for all of those Japanese kids, why did they put that in the book anyway?).

And the other record was of course, for the Fastest Selling Game, and that was Pokemon Yellow. I forgot just how fast they said it sold, but that was really fast....

On a side note, I know for a fact that Pokemon is one of the longest running anime series ever. I mean, with 400 plus episodes, and Japan making a new episode every week, that's definitely an achievement.

Romantic
11-28-2005, 10:57 PM
When will they give up on pokemon? i mean theres like6 movies over 300 episodesd and 1000 differnt tc's . a person would think they wold have given up by now.:banghead: The day kids stop being so gullable.

buhbibutterfly
11-28-2005, 11:05 PM
i'm probably one of the few who's actually gonna say this but i don't mind pokemon ^-^ i actually love the series and the movie...and the music and the games...so it doesn't really matter to me that it's still going ^^

PokemonTrainerLisa
11-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Aww....

That's great, buhbibutterfly!!!! ^_^

Anyway, the truth is everyone, that people other than kids are into Pokemon.

I mean, take me for example, I just turned 19 and I still love the Pokemon franchise. And I like everything about it, the games, the cards, and especially the anime. Of course, I'm not the only teen who's into it, most people I know on the Pokemon forums that I go to are around the ages of 13 to 20, and some of my good friends on there are actually older than 20.

So, when it comes to Pokemon, age really doesn't matter.

Unless, you're one of those people who worries about people hating what you like and stuff, then you probably just don't let anyone know that you like Pokemon or something....

Anyway, really all it takes to like Pokemon is imagination, because the whole Pokemon franchise itself is very imaginative, and also very creative.

I mean, just the way that the games and especially the anime present the Pokemon world to you is just amazing. It really does bring the Pokemon world to life (or, at least it does for me, anyway).

buhbibutterfly
11-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Aww....

That's great!!!! ^_^

Anyway, the truth is everyone, that people other than kids are into Pokemon.

I mean, take me for example, I just turned 19 and I still love the Pokemon franchise. And I like everything about it, the games, the cards, and especially the anime. Of course, I'm not the only teen who's into it, most people I know on the Pokemon forums that I go to are around the ages of 13 to 20, and some of my good friends on there are actually older than 20.

So, when it comes to Pokemon, age really doesn't matter.

Unless, you're one of those people who worries about people hating what you like and stuff, then you probably just don't let anyone know that you like Pokemon or something....

Anyway, really all it takes to like Pokemon is imagination, because the whole Pokemon franchise itself is very imaginative, and also very creative.

I mean, just the way that the games and especially the anime present the Pokemon world to you is just amazing. It really does bring the Pokemon world to life (or, at least it does for me, anyway).
nope your not alone i'm 20 and i can say i love pokemon and alot of the other kiddish anime...and i love pokemon cuz of all the different pokemons really...i love seeing all the different types cuz alot of them are really cute and imaginative

SeijouOmni
11-29-2005, 12:10 AM
It's so successful that people run out to buy games that are based of taking PICTURES to the animals...and games that are based on WATCHING one of them WATCH TV.

I would NEVER stop. It's like people are just...throwing money at your face all the time.

And Lisa's right. I haven't owned the games since red/blue, but I have friends that do, and watching them play...the games are incredibly deep. Everything you do in battles and other training changes the way the little things' stats grow. I even saw a strategy guide of different effects in different battles and how stat values increase and it hurt MY head...I can't imagine how a kid could handle it. I imagine they don't, really. It'd a game that's as good as you wanna make it. For kids, it's just a glorified Tiajuana cock fight and a race to get the ones that look cool. For teens and adults, there's a very deep underlying game with enough nuances and extras to really spend a lot of time with. I may hate the anime, but deep down in my True Gamer's Spirit...I cannot deny that the games (The actual Gameboy collecting/RPG games, not the stadiums and pinballs and snaps and channels and whatever else) ARE quality titles if you're into that kinda thing. Certainly more so than any of the Yu-Gi-Oh games.

LittleMomo
11-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Pokemon is not that bad. I used to watch it when I was little. Now, it is annoying because they say things over and over. "go pokeball" and so forth. It used to be good but, as the more episodes you watch, you will want to change the channel. It's like Yu-Gi-Oh but just cards. Basically Pokemon is boring, though it was fun during child memories.:happy:

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah, the Pokemon anime is definitely good....

People just need to look at it differently, rather than the usual 'Oh, that's too childish for me to watch' kinda thing.

If only people would just watch at least one of the new Pokemon Advanced Battle episodes (the 8th season), then maybe people would think of Pokemon differently or at least start watching it. ^_^

And a little fact for everyone, just for fun:

The first 5 seasons of Pokemon is called Pocket Monsters in Japan. And season 6 and up is called Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation (or just AG, for short).

Demented_Demon
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I used to like pokemon but it got stale quick.
But it got boring with all the repeativeness...

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, it's kinda sad, but the fact is during season 3, The Johto Journeys, a lot of people stopped watching Pokemon....

And that was mainly because they had a lot of filler episodes in that season, episodes where nothing really important happened or anything.

I mean, in that season, it took Ash and everyone lots of episodes just to get to the next town, let alone the next gym battle. O_O

So, yeah, that explains why a lot of fans got bored with all of the fillers and stopped watching.

Either that, or some people just don't get the channel that Pokemon comes on anymore (and that's sad, I wish they could watch Pokemon).

Anyway, I'm actually one of the few people who have never stopped watching the Pokemon anime.

*is a hardcore Pokemon fan*

The Little girl
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Pokemon isn't that bad.I remember when I use to watch pokemon.It wasn't that bad when I was little. I think it was my first anime show I had ever watched or Sailor Moon, I don't remember.But still, it was very nice, until they started on the new episodes and then I just grew up from watching it.

harakiri
12-08-2005, 09:32 PM
pokemon has gotten WAY old. it's just dragging on. how many pokemon are there now? way to many.

beowulf88
12-08-2005, 10:52 PM
the story line keeps repeating it self. its the same thing over and over. they are ruining a good thing

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, but didn't any of you guys notice how much better the animation started getting near the end of Master Quest (5th season)?

I mean, about the time of the episode "You're A Star Larvitar", everything seemed to look a lot better.

And not only that, but the animation got a whole lot better, and really good when the first AG episode "Get The Show On The Road" started.

So, Pokemon is definitely not the same as it was during the first season or with Johto, especially when it comes to how they do the animation now.

And about the storyline repeating itself beowulf88, that may be true to some degree, like with the filler episodes, and all the gym battles and stuff.

But, you're forgetting about the mysteries of the storyline of the Pokemon anime....

Like, for one thing, who is Ash's father? When will we find that out?

And of course, when will Ash become a Pokemon Master? What exactly is required in order for Ash to achieve that goal?

These are things that I, and many other Pokemon fans, have been wondering for a good while.

kakashiskitty
12-12-2005, 09:47 PM
i sure hope they stop it soon its alway the same story like they have hundreds of shows, movies and games like dont they know we've had enough!
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/930.gif

Capernicus
12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I loved Pokemon when it first came out. Team Rocket was hilarious, Ash was so likeable, Brook so ridiculous, and Misty so angry! Pokemon Red/Blue continues to be one of the top games ever made, and the tv show is still running. However, I think Pokemon was only good for the 1st season, 1st movie, and maybe the first 3 games. After that, it went down hill. The story got repetitive and new pokemon ridiculous and etc. They even ruined Team Rocket for me! *cries* It truely just needs to end. -_-

DanTheGreat
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
never watched the anime but the games were actually good.

3BladeDemoness
12-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Well its not that bad, but I do agree with it carrying on a bit ^^. I'm sure they will stop eventully..

Wonderwice
12-13-2005, 09:09 AM
well...Since they earn a lot of money with it, and -some- people still love it, why would they stop?
I liked it a few years ago, but now think it's a bit childish. But if I where them, I would'nt stop. They are soo rich o.O; and even getting richer o.O;

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
You're exactly right, just a girl.

I mean, to put it simply, Nintendo/Game Freak/TV Tokyo and everyone else associated with Pokemon are making millions of dollars off of Pokemon every year.

So, really, why would they wanna stop doing that?

They know that Pokemon sells good and has always sold good.

Just look at what's in the top selling game list whenever one of the Pokemon GBA games is released, Pokemon is always in the top 5, at least in Game Informer magazine.

Anyway, Nintendo (and everyone else) knows that as long as they keep making the games, the Pokemon franchise will keep going strong, so that's why they continue to make the fans happy, with more games, episodes of the anime, movies, and cards.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't think that they will ever end pokemon because so many little kids like it and it is so popular. It will keep on going and going and going.

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, that's definitely true.

I agree with you, dragonking.

hao~asakura
12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
i just love it and love it and love it and i'm 16. But i guess it should of stopped after the first series. It rocked when it was just misty, brock and ash, fighting team rocket etc. I love brock ^_^ *dances*

Illidan
12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
yes pokemon is nice not a aniem that i like but i can say its nice... and oh it will be running air like more 2 years

Demondaze
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
As long as there are children in the universe, there will be Pokemon. So all of you super Pokemon Haters just need to kill every child that likes em all.....should be too hard........right?

Saiyuko
12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Er...that's going to kill the population, big time if anyone attempts to do that...personally, I used to like pokemon but....when will it end?Probaly not for a long time since it's so popular.

Fetal Fetish
12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Pokemon is not bad. I used to watch it all the time,and before Inuaysha,it was my fav. show.I don't think they should give up on making it.They have come this far,and I doubt they would give up now.

Demondaze
12-14-2005, 06:23 PM
I hope you people know I was joking about the whole killing thing. My piont was it'll NEVER end, at least not for a while. When it does, no one will notice, I'd bet my soul if I hadn't sold it for an X-Box.

colonelsp
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
eventually when they stop i will party which will happen

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Well, I'm glad you were kidding about the killing thing, Demondaze....

And colonelsp, they'll never stop, just like Demondaze said.

Anyway, I hope they continue to make Pokemon games forever and ever!!!! ^_^

deathelf
12-15-2005, 06:58 AM
its all about not caring

it is all about the money with adults

if you don't like it ignore it

DaRkAnGeL_2919
12-17-2005, 02:59 PM
When will they give up on pokemon? i mean theres like6 movies over 300 episodesd and 1000 differnt tc's . a person would think they wold have given up by now.:banghead:i completely agree, i hope it ends sometime soon

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Well, the longer non-Pokemon fans keep complaining about it, the longer the franchise will go on.

That's the way I see it. ^_^

deathelf
12-17-2005, 10:13 PM
people just ignor it

theyle take it off the air if the ratings drop below average

Windstorm
12-17-2005, 11:19 PM
I like Pokemon,I'm a fan of pokemon. I watch the anime,I play the games,I have some pokemon plushie dolls, and I'm a member of some Pokemon forums.

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Cool!!!! ^_^

So, which Pokemon forums are you on, Windstorm?

I'm on both Bulbagarden and Pokecommunity (PC).

Of course, my favorite is Bulbagarden, because that was my very first Pokemon forums. And I've been on there for more than 2 years.

Darth Tyranus
12-18-2005, 07:44 AM
The anime will be on for years to come, I bet you it will out last yugioh and all the other boring crappy kid shows. The games will keep on going as well, since man do they sell well. Back when it was popular I had the first three pokemon games yellow blue and red, but after that I had enough. Abotu a year ago I re bought blue after selling them all. I beat it and enjoyed it. So I thought why not try crystal? I found the game confusing and more or less boring. And the game played just like the first, so I had really ntohing to draw me in again. So I have learned my lesson, no more games from them either.

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Darth Tyranus, since you liked playing Red, Blue, and Yellow versions, then I suggest that you try playing Fire Red and Leaf Green versions (if you have a GBA). They're remixes of the original games, and they're awesome. I mean, they're basically just like R/B/Y, except that the graphics are much better, you can catch more Pokemon (some of the ones from Johto), and they also expanded the Kanto region by adding the Sevii Islands (7 islands that you can go to after beating the Elite Four).

Oh, and Darth Tyranus, haven't you tried playing any of the console Pokemon games?

Like the ones for N64 or Gamecube?

I loved both Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2, and I thought they were great. But, my favorite N64 Pokemon game is Pokemon Puzzle League, because it's fun, it's really addictive, and it has the characters from the Pokemon anime too.

As for Gamecube, Pokemon Colosseum is awesome. Although, I still need to get Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Of course, my favorite Gamecube game of all is Super Smash Brothers Melee (it isn't a Pokemon game exactly, but you can play as 4 different Pokemon, and you can use the Pokeball item to get different Pokemon to appear randomly, and you can also get all kinds of Pokemon trophies in the game).

Cursed~Amante
12-20-2005, 01:06 AM
i only have the yellow version, though i've played fire red on my coiusin's GBa.....

and i do agree, it's really cool!

Wolf Demon Rin
12-20-2005, 02:15 AM
I admit, Pokemon Isn't like it was,kinda dull but I still watch it from time to time, plus for parents it give the kids something to watch so I'd say they'll cancle pokemon when its over completly over or when Digimon is over o.O; (which should be soon).

But, I give them respect for hanging on for so long ( it started around 1990 right? oh I'll find out later.)

Opinionated
12-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Never... after the great nuclear wars and when everyone is dead, there will be cockroaches, your permanent record, and Pokemon. Hope the cockroaches like it.

water_Demon_girl
12-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Pokemon is very boring now. The plot has not changed or the characters too much. They need to do something new with it. And I think there is over 250 pokemon if anyone wants to know. I Know this because my sister still watches it. ;_;.

Apostolos
12-20-2005, 04:25 PM
when the company goes bankrupt...

kiskil
12-20-2005, 04:30 PM
when the company goes bankrupt...
i think the same

deskflipper
12-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Hopelfully soon as far as the shows go, but i like the games.

shadow_stalker
12-20-2005, 09:10 PM
never lol

Master leo
12-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I hate pokemon and want pikachu to die, the fuckin yellow painted rat. Everyone knows ash was bored so spray painted his rat yellow, and who the fuck keeps a ghost as a pet, or a whale or a giant bird.
~

I HATE POKEMON, *HOLD PICKET SIGN SAYING "KILL PIKACHU"*

VermillionRozes
12-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Psh...they'll never give up on it so long as they still are making money off it and they don't run out of ideas. : /

Thunder22
12-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I know huh they will never give up

PokemonTrainerLisa
12-21-2005, 03:30 PM
when the company goes bankrupt...It's Nintendo you're talking about here, cyrus the virus.

They're never gonna go bankrupt!!!!

LOL. XD

*ignores Master leo's post*

Anyway, I don't know why people get so worked up over Pokemon....

I mean, it's a great franchise.

People just need to respect it more.

One interesting that is that, in the anime, the guy who created Pokemon named Ash, Satoshi after himself (Satoshi Tajiri). He even named his rival Gary, Shigeru after Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario). Wow!! Is he nice or what? ^_^

Tekkenshaz
12-22-2005, 02:39 AM
yeah maybe