PDA

View Full Version : Do You Get Caught in Grocery Store Traps?

TodayIsMine
11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
grocery stores have a sick way of trapping people...well, kinda seducing them to get to every part of it before finishing.

How they do this:
-they make it so that when you come to get something like milk (something most people need often) they put it at the back of the store, when they could just as well throw it in the front, where it would be convenient. the reason is because they want you to look around the whole store before you get there.

-they put the fruits and vegetables at the front (do they not?!)
this is to give a colourful, warm feeling, to get the customers ready for a fun-filled search for food!

-they put snacks and such in the middle so when you or your parents go to get you food for school or something, they have to pass through the ever so beautiful fruits, then they will likely decide to check the rest of the store because at the end of the aisle, they've found something else that attracts them.

i've observed this...lol, and i've read about it somewhere...i never get caught by this, but my mom definitely does. every time she drags me out to the store with her to help her get food she can take as long as 2 hours searching for nothing! lol...the store has trapped her once she's in.

so...aside from ym mom, who else do you know that gets trapped by the grocery store setup?

darkheart1252
11-11-2005, 02:14 PM
the only way I've been caught by the traps are when they put out samples w/coupons

gets me all the time

g0d_of_death
11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Ah the mom thing. That's why I try to avoid going out with her, 'cause I know I won't get home when I want to -_-;. I havn't noticed that at all... the grocery store trap thing... The few time's that I've actually gone to a grocery store alone to get a few things, I just picked up what I needed and left. It's not really hard to avoid these "traps" if you have a mind-set of getting in, getting what you need, and getting out.

TodayIsMine
11-11-2005, 02:17 PM
hahaha, ya samples are nice to have, but do you search the store for nothing in particular?

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-11-2005, 02:20 PM
um the only store trap ive bin in was... One day after geting BLAZED OFF MY [removed] with my friend we got stuck in one of those cyrcly doors or spiny doors it was wierd we were all cought i=on the inside and couldent get in or out of the store lol man that day was cool XD

Have a nice day XD

darkheart1252
i go for bread and such but when i spot the goodies im screwed

Ωmega
wow,its not like that at my store at all! dairy is off to the side,isles in the middle,fruits in the back,meat in the back....frozen foods on the side...and checkout in the front. so if anything,its a mission to get your cart to where the actual food is! theres so many people blocking you!

Chaos Master Dark
11-11-2005, 02:22 PM
the only way I've been caught by the traps are when they put out samples w/coupons

gets me all the time
Ditto. Same for me. Indeed. I do concur. SAM'S CLUB RULES!

ranma_my_luv
11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
i try to avoid grocery shopping with my mother, its hell on earth

Chibi-chan
11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
My sister gets caught up in the trap...That's why my mom never wants to bring her along. My mother will always end up spending twice as much as she planned on when my sister tags along. That kid will just see things and run after them, saying that she really wants it. ...Then what she really wants will end up going bad when she forgets about it! Lol.

TodayIsMine
11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
eh...damn grocery stores! lol...i think people should just get what they need and get the hell out...it's like a prison...but one that mom's love lol.

Sweet Lucidity
11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
wow,its not like that at my store at all! dairy is off to the side,isles in the middle,fruits in the back,meat in the back....frozen foods on the side...and checkout in the front. so if anything,its a mission to get your cart to where the actual food is! theres so many people blocking you!
Where in the hell do you shop???

well any way yes the grocery store is very clever it traps me all the time . once i went in to get lunchables and instead ended up getting creampuffs and beef jerky T.T it has such power over me!!!!

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-11-2005, 03:15 PM
i hate grocery stores XD

Have a nice day XD

Sword
11-11-2005, 03:22 PM
I hate the start of the stores. After the fruit there is always the meat. That section is always really cold :s

TodayIsMine
11-12-2005, 06:50 AM
lol...grocery stores were trying to take us for years...even before we were all born....all of us! lol.

Eris
11-12-2005, 08:52 AM
It's dictionary time!

Isle, n: A small island.
Aisle, n: A narrow passage.

I don't know about you, but I generally don't encounter islands in my grocery store.

TodayIsMine
11-12-2005, 08:54 AM
alright...big deal lol. i edited the spelling error.

Tsuna Kadiri
11-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Um. I haven't been in a grocery store long enough to get caught in a trap. Or, something like that anyways.

I just can never find the strawberry milk. I go to the back of the store, look at the milk section, and no, there is no strawberry milk. They stuff it in the back like it's not worthy of being on the front lines, but it is! It's a hell of alot better than soy milk and all that crap but no, apparently people don't care about strawberry milk! X_x

The Wing Man
11-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I get stuck in stores like walmart, cuz you go in with your mom and she sais go look at stuff then you go to electronics to play the free games.Then you see all the games and dvds for sell and you see one you want.Then i go looking for my mom and i can not find her, that makes me walk around the entire store looking at more stuff.And then if i ask her to get me something and she sais yes, then i have to walk back to get it and then get it.And sense she got you this you think"What the hey?"So you ask for something else.

Karel
11-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Hell no.. I ignore everyone and everything.. when my destination is fulfilled and I've purchased what I came for.. I'm like peace out and then haul out

Although I did get caught outside by a blood mobile.. and I ended up donating blood.. x_x well it was for a good cause

bakakame
11-12-2005, 11:39 PM
From a business perspective, it's really an obvious store layout, even gas stations and mini-marts are that way.

Myself, I work in a grocery store, so I have to stare at the crap on the shelves all freakin day. I'm used to seeing all the "goodies" so they really don't catch my attention. The WORST part of a grocery store is, by far, the customers, especially the annoying little brats that run around crying and screaming and going up to every item on the shelf and going "oh, can we get this please? It's my favorite! Why not?!!! WAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! BUT I WANT IT!!!!!"

I don't know about you, but I generally don't encounter islands in my grocery store.
Ah, just thought I'd point out that there are displays, in our store at least, that sit in the middle of an aisle, we refer to them as islandshttp://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/wink.gif

[BlackDeath]
11-13-2005, 06:34 PM
Sometimes but most of the time I say no. Though I would try all the free samples and still not buy the product if they are doing some of those schemes in the shop.

iernt8
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
i never go shopping with my mom i go with my friends and its not usually grocerys its games.....
but i dont think ill get caught in those traps maybe my mom does (hmmm....maybe thats why she takes so long grocery shopping...)

Buruku
11-13-2005, 09:47 PM
hey i never really though about store tricks, but your totally right!

i dont know if they 'trick' me though, i just get what i think looks good.
it seems women get more side-tracked them men. guys have more of a destination when they shop, or at least thats what it seems like.

Demented_Demon
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I get tricked by the evil grocery stores.

Thyrax'll
11-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Its easy.
Ignore all the stuff and get what you need.
If only i listened to my advice.

Mistress Koneko
11-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I do sometimes...but then I get confused and lost in it too no matter how many times I've been there ^^;; Sometimes I will go in for a certain thing and get other things I need too and forget the thing that I originally went in there for ^^;; I'm such a ditz sometimes.....

Darklord
11-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Well me....hmmm..oh yes. I dont really get trapped, especially not the coupons because I always take my scientific calculator to the shops or grocery stores. In this country everythinng is screwed into different places, I once asked this to those store
employees 'um excuse me ma'am, what the heck are the teddy bear cookies doing with the shaving creams!!!'. But I usually get what I need and drive back home without buying any sugary foods or things like you guys would fall for >_>.....

Angel~Eyes
11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Arrghhh, yes! Grrrrrr grocery stores. I will go in with a determined list and by the time I get to the till, I am like "oh...crud!" I don't always buy things I don't need, and I am very aware of the traps stores set out to get consumers to buy more, but sometimes I do fall into them, mostly when I know I have the money to spend...I guess that way I don't feel too guilty =p

Luv Angel Eyes