PDA

View Full Version : What if you were in WWI?

Frequency
11-09-2005, 05:18 PM
What if you were in WWI and you were fighting the Germans in trenchwarfare,what would you do to survive?

Lysander Cyric Korvein
11-09-2005, 05:28 PM
i would kill off some Germans, take their food and ammo and use their turret guns against them. plus i would sneak into their trenches at night after avoiding the land mines and silently kill them off, one by one

water_Demon_boy
11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
how would you do all that with out being shot blown up or captured?i would just fight like heck to kill and not be killed

Gjallarhorn
11-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Trench warfare?
1. always crouch or stay low
2. Never enter the No Mans Land
3. be sure to wear a helmet when at a guard post or looking up to see the enemy trench
4. Always have gernades
5. Keep mud out of my gun so it continues to work properly
6. conserve energy and food
7. Keep a journal to keep my sanity...a lot of people came back fairly messed up in the head
8. Don't fall so my clothes would stay dry and clean

Karel
11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Actually I'd rather be in World war II.. the greatest evil fought.. I know I'd die.. just being part of the war would be enough for me.. whether I was the first man shot or the last man standing

/Aifa|
11-09-2005, 08:19 PM
lol, WWII.... MG42 anyone??

I think luck would play a big part in surviving that kind of war, so wouldnt do anything special... ill just hope that im lucky.

Slayerfan
11-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Stock up on ammo and rations. Take out enemy positions with a quick force rushing them, taking the fight to them. Always staying low and in cover killing MG emplacements with grenades and rifle fire. Always stay with your men/company, no solo stuff. seek and eliminate the germans supply lines to weaken the enemy, and expand your survival by keeping hiden from artillary fire.

Faceless111
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Snipers picked off enemy troops with ease. So I'd become a sniper. Plus, if I were in WWI, I'd be dead now.

Karel
11-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Well I guess I'll go gangsta with a 1930 chicago suit and a Chicago Type writer to Gun everyone.

Naokomi ShYana
11-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Hmm I would play dead. o.o

«†~Äthäñös~†»
11-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Dude that would be great...
I would come up with a plan...
not let them maech at the muchiene guns...
Make an awsome sniper rifle and shooot thm all to helll mwahahahahahah XD

Have a nice day XD

TodayIsMine
11-10-2005, 05:10 AM
WWI...that was quite a war, considering they used chlorine and mustard gasses for the first time, making it impossible to detect by the soldiers until a few had been badly injured or killed by the effects...also, considering the weapons were really bad (locking up, freezing up, took time to load) people would be dying all the time...

hehe...SHY the gas would get you! lol. don't play dead, just follow me, i know the way to victory!

I would just fight my way as far as i could get through the war, i wouldn't be a coward and i wouldn't be a hero...or at least i don't think i would be...but i think that i would survive...perhaps by luck...perhaps by skill...perhaps by being hit by mustard gas and having my eyes burned out so i get sent home lol...i don't know.

Storm Strife
11-10-2005, 05:33 AM
I'd do all the things they did to survive. Keep low, never light more than one cigarette with the same match (First cigarette German sniper would spot the light, second one he'd set his sights, third one BANG), don't go into No Man's Land unless told by the person in charge (You either die in No Man's Land by German fire, or you die before you even get over the top by being shot in the back by the person telling you to go over the top) etc etc etc

TodayIsMine
11-10-2005, 05:37 AM
ya...No Man's Land was not a pretty place...but you know what...i think i'd just run out (sneakingly...u know all stealth-like) and get to the German general and kill him...like, one quick shot to the head or something...he's gone, no more German orders, war is over...no more killing has to be done...

Zedekiah
11-10-2005, 06:08 AM
If you'd be fighting the Germans in WWI, chances are you'd be killed. At least if you were French <3. Should it be WW2, you'd be a goner in a matter of seconds. Even more so if French.

darkheart1252
11-10-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd run away then when the battle ended i'd show back up to take all the glory

Storm Strife
11-10-2005, 10:21 AM
ya...No Man's Land was not a pretty place...but you know what...i think i'd just run out (sneakingly...u know all stealth-like) and get to the German general and kill him...like, one quick shot to the head or something...he's gone, no more German orders, war is over...no more killing has to be done... You think that the leader/s of the army would be in the next trench? Oh if only that were true....the people in power were far away from the battles in their cosy rooms enjoying themselfs while the soldiers doing the fighting were dying, catching diseases and what not, and generaly not having a happy time...and even if you did get to the leader/s they would be heavily guarded and you probably would be killed even before you got the chance to even point a rifle at him/them.

Eris
11-10-2005, 10:25 AM
What if you were in WWI and you were fighting the Germans in trenchwarfare,what would you do to survive?

I'd be the cook.

sjøpølse
11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Why would I be fighting Germans? Why not be one of them? You know, they too thought they were "on the good side".

forgotten Duo
11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
In war your really have two real choices. You can run away like a coward and probably be killed, possibly by your own side. Or you can stick around and follow orders while trying to stay alive.

I take care of several gentlemen who were in WWII, both Axis and Allies. None of them like to talk about what happened. War is hell.

Naokomi ShYana
11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
ya...No Man's Land was not a pretty place...but you know what...i think i'd just run out (sneakingly...u know all stealth-like) and get to the German general and kill him...like, one quick shot to the head or something...he's gone, no more German orders, war is over...no more killing has to be done...
Mm true the damned gas that makes you cough up your lung. Hmm well then I guess i'd play dead with a gas mask on. Aha! ..>.>

Loljoke
11-10-2005, 03:35 PM
I would probably be one of the 7864000 soldiers that died during the war.
And if not, then I would probably be dead by now anyway.

TodayIsMine
11-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Mm true the damned gas that makes you cough up your lung. Hmm well then I guess i'd play dead with a gas mask on. Aha! ..>.>hahaha, with a gas mask on lol. that's probably the smartest thing to do...only, artillery is flying everywhere, you would likely be blown up lol...but i would jump in the way and save you...actually, the explosion would kill us both hahaha, oh well...now what would u do SHY?

and strife, ur right about the leaders, but i was talking about generals (the commanders and such)...once they're dead i wouldn't think there would be will to fight anymore...only the Germans were trained to fight and were taught to be fearless through their years of training and preparing for the war...but then again, both sides were, that's how soldiers are trained, so they have the mental sanity and stability after killing loads of people...eh...alright, i'd just fight till i fell.

sorry about my comment before, i didn't mean it offensively...
::EDIT::