View Full Version : [Movie] Lupin the Third: Dragon of Doom

Pyrobrave
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Name: Lupin the Third: Dragon of Doom
Genre: Action/adventure, comedy
Source: DVD, FUNimation
Year: 2003
Length: 90 minutes
Website: www.lupinthethird.com (http://www.lupinthethird.com)
http://www.operationanime.com/dvds/big/lupin_dod.jpg
__________________________________________________ _______________
The Dragon of Doom has kept its secret inside the sunken Titanic for over eighty years. But when there's a treasure of immeasurable value at stake, some people just can't let the past lie still!
While taking a breather in Tokyo, Lupin and JIgen are carefully tracked by Hong Kong's nastiest gangster kingpin, and the guys find themselves thrown into an international race to find the dragon!
Join Goenma, Jigen, Fujiko, and Lupin as they rush for the treasure and dodge the bad guys... Only this time their friends might be enemies, too!

Storyline (8/10): They bring you into a world of intrigue and comedy as Lupin and his friends travel around the world to get the treasure and stop the evil gangster kingpin. And everything that happens fits the story so well. The way they include internatinal history works so well.

Characters (7/10): The main characters were really likeable and you wanted them to succeed somehow. How Lupin is really clubsy but always seems to get things done is really funny. They could have done better on the bad guys though. I didn't feel the bad guys were deep enough. Other that greed you couldn't tell what drove them to do the things they did. A couple bad guys really confused me. You don't know why they became evil in the first place. They were in Goenma's past and next thing you know their evil

Animation (6/10): The animation was decent. It had that classically drawn feel to it. It could used a little work but it worked how it needed to. Some of the characters could ahve used some work

Audio/Voices (8/10): I believe they did very well choosing people to play their characters. They had Sonny Strait(Krillin) as the Voice of Lupin, he was also the ADR director of this film, and Chris Sabat(Vegeta, Piccolo) as the voice of Jigen. They also picked good voice for the gangsters as well.

Overall (7.5/10): The did well on this movie it was very intertaining and I would watch it again. I laughed a lot throgh this movie. If you liked the TV series you will definatly like the movie.

"Even in the most dire straits or dangerous situations. Lupin's incredible luck, skill, style, and charm make James Bond seem like the cable guy."

---Anime Invasion

BuLmA
08-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Story: 7.99/10 This is the story of a four group of wise tiefs.Not really good for children but the story is great!

Character: 9/10 They are all funny!!! always makes me laugh especially the detective...I forgot his name.

Art/animation: 8/10 The animation is really funny the guy are very thin!!

Overall: 7.99/10 Watch it!!!