PDA

View Full Version : Gantz [Anime and Manga Discussion] *Unmarked Spoilers*

MistaCloudStrife
11-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Alright... Just read this manga and seen this anime...

I'll start with a summary... Alright, I warn you beforehand that it's going to sound stupid but it really is a good manga...

It about this boy named Kurono Kei... He's a normal High School student... And he's on his way home(In the subway station) when this homeless guy falls onto the tracks... He just looks at him and doesn't do crap to help... Then his childhood friend(That he hasn't seen since elementary school) runs down to help the guy(Masaru).. He can't carry him by himself so he yells for someone else to come and help him... And his eyes meet Kei's... He remembers his face and yells for Kei to come help him... And Kei goes down to help(Although he's reluctant in his mind)... Anyways... They manage to save the homeless guy but they get killed by a passing train.

LOL... I just wanted to end it there so I could make you confused.. Anyways, I'll continue now.

Kei and Masaru suddenly appear in an apartment room with several people and a big black ball(Gantz)... They find out that everyone in the room had died and were all brought back to that room... Then some text appears on the ball... It says, "Your lives have ended. How you use your new lives is entirely up to me. That's the theory anyways."

And so... Now thier lives are in control of this black ball that gives them armor and weapons and sends them out to kill aliens and whatnot...

Sounds stupid right? But... You just have to read the manga to understand it better... it's great, believe me..

Ahhh... Alright... Now my opinion... I think the manga is great... Great characters, story is original, and all that stuff...

As for the anime... Hmm.... I think it was good when they were following the manga's story... Then it goes off into it's own little thing and it got boring... For me anyways...

Ahhhhh... Well i'm finished... I doubt many people have seen it, but for those that have... please have fun discussing.. ^_^