PDA

View Full Version : migraine (sp?)

Lady_Farore
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
have you ever had such a bad head ach that it feels like your being stabbed in the eyes or a boulder fell on your head?

for me yes! right now too. too much time on the computer x_X

and for you people who think im complaining, im not o.O it was just a random topic that came to mind after i got a head ach XD

zodiak
11-05-2005, 10:53 PM
uh.. a bit random and no i have never had a migrane that bad. like a small one not to serious, but if you rsaying it hurts that much uh... its called the hospital. i think your either having a brain hemorage or brain tumor.

Chaos Master Dark
11-05-2005, 10:59 PM
If you mean the type of head ache that gets stronger,
and when you take something it stops for about half a hour,
then comes back just as strong as when it stoped, and gets stronger still,
and no matter how much you take the process repeats.
I'v had one for about 2 weeks. Dont complain.

S_C_L-1
11-09-2005, 04:34 AM
yes... but mine are always feverish... i lose control over my breathing... get dizzy... nautious (sp?)... limbs go numb... visual/audio hallucinations...

i had my first migrain at the age of 5... every 1 thought i was just trying to get attention... so they started yelling at me... and my bro was watching star wars in the next room... light saber battles.......

MistressPookyChan
11-09-2005, 06:34 AM
I started getting them in the spring, actually. It comes at the same time as my period, which is actually pretty common. My mom also started to get them when she was my age. I hate them SO much. Dizzy, sounds sound loud, light seems brighter, it hurts to sit up, etc etc. What's worse is that, since I'm a teacher, I sometimes have to deal with these while I'm teaching really hyper kids.

The best medicine (as recommended by a friend): bitter chocolate and a bottle of Coke. Works wonders.

DragonNight
11-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Yes...
It was on and off since Friday..
Too much computer time AND too much chocolate from my Halloween Bag.. Im a bit allergic to chocolate, but that doesnt stop me from eating it XP
But God do they hurt...;_;

En Svensk Tiger
11-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I haven't had a headache since like forever. Lucky me.

g0d_of_death
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I had a migraine once... it was like a couple of weeks ago. That was the first time I had a migrain, and I got the "tunnel vision". It really, really sucked, and then my head started pounding... so I went to sleep because I didn't wanna feel it anymore XDDD

True story. It was three weeks ago, I had a fever, then I got a migraine while I still had a fever -_-

forgotten Duo
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I reccomend Exedrin Migraine, or just get it generic. It's the only thing that works for my husband. If you get them often, you might think about taking feverfew, if your not into drugs. Dosage and info here - http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,780,00.html

S_C_L-1
11-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I started getting them in the spring, actually. It comes at the same time as my period, which is actually pretty common. My mom also started to get them when she was my age. I hate them SO much. Dizzy, sounds sound loud, light seems brighter, it hurts to sit up, etc etc. What's worse is that, since I'm a teacher, I sometimes have to deal with these while I'm teaching really hyper kids.

The best medicine (as recommended by a friend): bitter chocolate and a bottle of Coke. Works wonders.

good tip! i just tryed it... works pretty well...

heres my lil trick! if you feel 1 coming on, have a coffe.

but if you have it already, DONT!!!!!! itll make it 3 times worse! its all in the timing!

MistressPookyChan
11-10-2005, 03:32 AM
good tip! i just tryed it... works pretty well...

heres my lil trick! if you feel 1 coming on, have a coffe.

but if you have it already, DONT!!!!!! itll make it 3 times worse! its all in the timing!

Maybe because coffee has TOO much caffine and coke has just enough? Interesting...

Thyrax'll
11-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Stress causes the worst migranes ever!
Trust on that knowledge.
I have cronic headaches caused in times of stress that never go away

S_C_L-1
11-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Maybe because coffee has TOO much caffine and coke has just enough? Interesting...

i dunno... maybe coffe thins out the blood or something... im not quite sure...

also, eating fruit is also very good for that... and you gotta drink alot of water... fructose (simple sugar contained in fruit... duh) is very easily digested (and since the brain is made almost entirely out of fat and water...)

Rachey-nee
11-10-2005, 03:26 PM
When I was younger (from 7-11), I had horrible migraines. I don't really have them anymore, though. I had to learn which foods to stay away from, etc.

So to answer your question, yes. :)

Nespa
01-25-2006, 02:05 PM
i hate my migraine (though sometimes i use it as a excuse to stay home from work lol). but what i find worse is that most people don't believe you until you vommit over there shoes.:(

Limitus
01-25-2006, 02:11 PM
just this morning! i got up in my bed and felt such a heavy hit in my head, that i'd rather lay down and sleep again instead of going to work!

Tsuna Kadiri
01-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah. I usually get them when my shoulder problem kicks into overdrive. Which happens every now and then.

My vision gets super extremely bad when I get migranes. And I can't eat, can't sleep very well, stomach gets upset.. really sucks.

Medicine doesn't seem to work too well when I get them, either.

The Flame Alchemist
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
I get frequent migraines and it's a pain in the ***.

S_C_L-1
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
i hate my migraine (though sometimes i use it as a excuse to stay home from work lol). but what i find worse is that most people don't believe you until you vommit over there shoes.:(
i hear ya... unless its something apparent like the lack of a limb or something... "its just an excuse"...

last time some 1 said that, i was so pissed (migrain = pissed) that i punched him in the arm. "OW!" he said, as to which i replyed "its just an excuse right?"

BlueyedFox
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
um, i get migranes alot and when I get them I pretty much go blind and I forget what words mean and my fingertips go numb ^_^'

migranes are terrible!

Angel~Eyes
01-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Ack! Yes, it is rather annoying actually, but on the plus side my headaches do not usually last very long^^ I wear glasses for driving, and usually if I wear my glasses for a long period of time I begin to develop a headache, but once again, my headaches usually last for a short period of time...unless I am sick, then they never seem to go away=p

Luv Angel Eyes