PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I've searched, and I've found some similar threads, but I think this one is original enough not to be closed.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Tell what you think and why you think it. And please, if you're going to say, "Ewwwww....... gays are gross!!!" please refrain from posting. If you don't support it, that's fine but please have a good reason for your opinion.

I'll post mine later, once I hear some other shout-outs.

P.S.- Oh, that reminds me, did anyone see the new episode of South Park. Is it me or does that show juts keep getting better? lol

Naruto711
11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I think gay marriage is fine. Im not gay but if you want to be gay thats your choice. Gay marriage is fine in my book.

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:01 PM
i personally don't have anything against gay marriage...i don't fully agree with it, i mean it's not so natural, but i have nothing against it...it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird...but i'm not gonna stop it.

Chaos Master Dark
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I dont mind it. i encourage it.
After the human race dies out the
earth can prosper again.

Capernicus
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Totally FD. Nothing wrong at all with gay marriage. I think it should be legal. I mean, who are we to stop them?

Diasuke
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
I've searched, and I've found some similar threads, but I think this one is original enough not to be closed.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage. Tell what you think and why you think it. And please, if you're going to say, "Ewwwww....... gays are gross!!!" please refrain from posting. If you don't support it, that's fine but please have a good reason for your opinion.

I'll post mine later, once I hear some other shout-outs.

P.S.- Oh, that reminds me, did anyone see the new episode of South Park. Is it me or does that show juts keep getting better? lol
2 things
1.gey marriage will cuase our population to decrease if you ask me but im not sure if thats good or bad
2.YEAH!i cuaght that episode!frikin funny if you ask me!

YaiiShi°
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
It doesn't matter with me. I you want to be gay, and wanna get married, fine with me. ^^ It's your life, your choise.

Ah, we don't have South Park anymore in Holland. I love that show...T.T
GO KENNY! ^O^

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:11 PM
gay marriage will greatly decrease the population of earth...if there is enough of it happening, but that's not at all a bad thing. the earth will be overpopulated if nothing can stop it, so i encourage gay marriage for that reason too.

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:16 PM
i personally don't have anything against gay marriage...i don't fully agree with it, i mean it's not so natural, but i have nothing against it...it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird...but i'm not gonna stop it.
I'm obviously alot more liberal than the people posting lol jk.

Anyway, I support gay marriage. Everyone deserves equal rights. Gays are people, and being gay is a part of who they are. To even attempt to take that away from them is wrong in my book.

Oh, and Flame Demon...... Cudos on letting people have equal right even though you don't fully agree with them, but just for my own knowledge, why do you think it is so unatural? I mean, gay people are born with genes that determine whether they are gay or not. Not criticising, just asking.

Darth Tyranus
11-05-2005, 01:17 PM
if you want to be gay thats your choice
Being gay isn't a choice, to them it is as natural as breathing.

gay marriage will greatly decrease the population of earth
Yeah that just isn't true. As it stands now the gay/straight ratio is 1/10, so what you're saying is impossible. The only thing that will thin the human race out is monogamy.

All in all I'm for gay marriage.

Capernicus
11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes. It's in their peronality, in their soul, and in their heart. And ust so you know, I am gay too. ^_^

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, even if it did decreace the population, are we so concerned with keeping our race at a staggeringly high number that we are willing to trample all over the rights of other human beings? Think about that.

P.S.- Capernicus, I'm not going to get into an arguement with you cause you're cool, but I do think that it is a genetic trait, just like some people are predisposed to take risks because of their genes. Not that the envioronment of a person doesn't contribute, but genes determine an infinate number of things that we know so little about.

Chaos Master Dark
11-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Either gay marrige will be allowed and the pop will drop now.
or the earth will over populate and human pop will drop by over half,
and most likely take every animal pop w/ it.

Kewii
11-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't understand how you guys think gay marriage will depopulate the earth. These people are already gay. It's not like if they can't get married, they're going to go straight suddenly.

I'm all for gay marriage and it was recently legalized in Canada. Go Canada.

Darth Tyranus
11-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Gaydom/gayness is not in the genesActually many are starting to think it is in fact in your genes.

And the idea gay marriage will decrease the population is absurd, the marriage itself wouldn't do a damn thing. It's not like if they didn't get married they would like the other sex more and then breed.
:edit:looks like i spoke to late

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't understand how you guys think gay marriage will depopulate the earth. These people are already gay. It's not like if they can't get married, they're going to go straight suddenly.

I'm all for gay marriage and it was recently legalized in Canada. Go Canada.
Thank you, I forgot to mention that. Well, the people who think that gays will depopulate the earth aren't really refering to gay marriage, but homosexuality in general. They think that the way to stop it is to turn gays staight.

I'm going to stop myself now before I get on an hour long rant.

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:26 PM
hey katrina, my thouhts about naturality are different than yours i guess. i don't think ppl are born with a determining homosexual gene...i think society and environment kind of influences it, also the amount of care from certain parents as a child...i don't kow, i'm weird. again, i have nothing against gay people, i just don't think it's a natural genetic thing...but it doesn't bother me.

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
hey katrina, my thouhts about naturality are different than yours i guess. i don't think ppl are born with a determining homosexual gene...i think society and environment kind of influences it, also the amount of care from certain parents as a child...i don't kow, i'm weird. again, i have nothing against gay people, i just don't think it's a natural genetic thing...but it doesn't bother me.
OK, I just wanted to get some perspective from the other side of the issue. Whenever I ask someone why they think what you think, they say, "It's not natural cause gays are gross," then I say, "Why do you think that is a good enough reason," and they say, "Cause it is," and so on and so forth.

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
stupid kids and their homophobia...i used to be like that, and i decided to be a little more open minded...gay people are people, nothing more and nothing less...they're like us, so anyone who's against gay people for a stupid reason GROW UP! get with the program, it's something that we are living with and have been living with since the beginning of time alright...it's not like you know nothing about this topic anyway...it's not nice to discriminate!

I'm Ol' Gregg
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I have nothing against gay marriage.. I do find being gay slightly unnatural in a sexual sense, I won't go into detail.. although one of my best friends is bisexual and he always goes into details of his sexual relationships and it quite frankly, creeps me out.

Being gay/ bi-sexual doesn't offend me.. I just don't find it totally natural, and as for the population decreasing, I don't agree, seeing as many gay couples adopt children, it doesn't really make a difference. I don't have any real prejudices seeing as many of my close friends are gay or bi-sexual..

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:38 PM
stupid kids and their homophobia...i used to be like that, and i decided to be a little more open minded...gay people are people, nothing more and nothing less...they're like us, so anyone who's against gay people for a stupid reason GROW UP! get with the program, it's something that we are living with and have been living with since the beginning of time alright...it's not like you know nothing about this topic anyway...it's not nice to discriminate!
You think you have it bad? I lived in one of the most liberal cities in the south. Now I'm in Texas. lol This is the most conservitive place I've ever been, and I'm in Austin, the most liberal city in Texas. Can't state my opinion without getting a shell in the forhead. lol oh, well. That's America.

Crazy Chicken
11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
i think Gay Marriage is the same thing as getting Married, well it's not our choice it's theirs and if you got a problem just ignore it then.....and i'm not gay

TodayIsMine
11-05-2005, 01:44 PM
all i know is gay people are people with rights, give them a friggin choice! that's my input here.

ps. i'm not gay lol...just thought i'd let you all know

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 01:45 PM
i think Gay Marriage is the same thing as getting Married, well it's not our choice it's theirs and if you got a problem just ignore it then.....and i'm not gayI find it so weird that everyone thinks that if you support gay marriage, you have to make sure no one thinks you're gay. I'm not gay, in case no one knew, and I'm the one who started this thread. I guess it reflects that the average American is so homophobic that they don't even like people who are ok with gays(not talking about you, chicken. I'm talking about the people who you were trying to protect yourself from).

Annie Hall
11-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I think that gay marriage shouldn't be so looked down upon, I mean come on >>; Homophobia really sucks x.x;;;; but yea, I'm all for it, I mean If I fall in love with some girl I meet, I'd wanna be able to marry her. As I would want to marry a man if I feel in love with him(depends on who I fall 'in love' with) =/. So I just think people should stop turning it into a huge deal,their blowing it outta porportion. I mean if they don't get married they'll still be couple so why the hell would it matter if they've said their I do's or not. The only person it'd affect would be them, I'm sure all who attened the wedding would be in on the same sex partner secret so it wouldn't be like "Mom, I'm gay so um..will you come to my wedding?" Many people confess WAY before the point of marriage.

Crazy Chicken
11-05-2005, 01:55 PM
I find it so weird that everyone thinks that if you support gay marriage, you have to make sure no one thinks you're gay. I'm not gay, in case no one knew, and I'm the one who started this thread. I guess it reflects that the average American is so homophobic that they don't even like people who are ok with gays(not talking about you, chicken. I'm talking about the people who you were trying to protect yourself from).
yea that is true lol

Lavo Madding
11-05-2005, 02:05 PM
I root for gay marriage. It's messed up to say that a couple can't get married because of their gender. I mean, I'm bisexual, and I've loved a girl before, so I really have strong feelings about gay marriage and love. Plus, I know a few guys who are bi and they're with other guys they're really in love with. I don't give a damn that "world population with decrease" 'cause you know what? Gays aren't gonna go and do a chick. They're gays. We can't really change that, can we?

Gjallarhorn
11-05-2005, 02:07 PM
I am straight and I have not problem with the idea of gay marriage, or gays in general. I have a lot of friends who are gay, and they are really cool. The only thing i have a problem with is the overly flamboyant types. If they are gay, they are gay. If people fall in love, they should be able to get married if they choose to.
Then again, my uncle is gay and has been partners with this other guy for 15 years or so, and he is completely against the idea of gay marriage....go figure.....

As for "gaydom", as it was called, decreasing the Earth's population, that would be entirly untrue. It is not like gay people have been having babies before and they will probably never be able to, so they have never been adding to the population in the first place, and therefore, and not take away a percentage of world's birth-rate.

zodiak
11-05-2005, 02:11 PM
well, im not sure. Like everyone is making such a big deal about this. Like why does it matter. Sure. but... i don't know

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Then again, my uncle is gay and has been partners with this other guy for 15 years or so, and he is completely against the idea of gay marriage....go figure.....
It's possible that your uncle is so christian that he hates himself for being gay, but has accepted that(according to christian beliefs) he is going to "hell".

But, I don't know him. I'm basing this purely on people I know or have heard about.

Capernicus
11-05-2005, 02:12 PM
As for "gaydom", as it was called, decreasing the Earth's population, that would be entirly untrue. It is not like gay people have been having babies before and they will probably never be able to, so they have never been adding to the population in the first place, and therefore, and not take away a percentage of world's birth-rate.
Whow, I didn't mean gaydom in a bad way. I'm gay too, and I think people should marry whoever they fall in love with. I plan to marry the woman that I have fallen in love with. Now the only problem I have is how to explain it to my mom...........................and who will wear the suit and who the dress. lol ^_^

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Whow, I didn't mean gaydom in a bad way. I'm gay too, and I think people should marry whoever they fall in love with. I plan to marry the woman that I have fallen in love with. Now the only problem I have is how to explain it to my mom...........................and who will wear the suit and who the dress. lol ^_^
I know you've probably gotten alot of advice about this, but one more won't hurt...

If you're mom's not gonna accept you, then how can you possibly expect to have a real relationship with her. I say come out, loud and proud lol.

To stay on topic, I'll say this. If you(not you, capernicus, just everyone) really think that homosexuality is imoral, deal with it. People are gay, and a surprising number of people don't accept your morals. Get used to it.

The Governator
11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
i support it, cause theres no need to ban it, does it affect anyones lives? no people jst over react to everything they need to chill and think things over before jst banning it

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 02:42 PM
i support it, cause theres no need to ban it, does it affect anyones lives? no people jst over react to everything they need to chill and think things over before jst banning itGeorge Bush just started up the topic to get votes from the rednecks.... I'm sorry, did I say rednecks? I meant Republicans lol.

The point is it wouldn't even have been an issue if not for him.

P.S.- No offense to any republican who is ok with gay marriage.

Fuu Kasumi
11-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not against it. Some of my best friends are gay, and what if one day they want to get married..But no, people just think, "Oh if they marry the same sex, soon they'll want to marry an animal." x_x;

The Governator
11-05-2005, 02:44 PM
also i support it cause im gay BUT im in england wich is lucky ^^

Crazy Chicken
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
also i support it cause im gay BUT im in england wich is lucky ^^
are most people gay there or something like that?

Capernicus
11-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! >.< That is what the bible says. And Billy Graham (he's in charge of the 700 Club, which is a Christin lobbyist group) that gays are also child molestors. So stupid, huh?

The Governator
11-05-2005, 02:47 PM
are most people gay there or something like that?
no its jst that in england they dont have a problem agasint gay marriage or gays in general

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! >.< That is what the bible says. And Billy Graham (he's in charge of the 700 Club, which is a Christin lobbyist group) that gays are also child molestors. So stupid, huh?
Do these people even use their brains to think up this crap anymore, or have they figured out that no matter what they say the fanatics will believe it?

Crazy Chicken
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
So it is lucky for you...Billy Graham is a crak head then lol

mimichan1000
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
i'm not gay but if you feel that being with someone the same gender will make you happy, then do it.

The Governator
11-05-2005, 02:54 PM
well bout the 700 club, my dad watches it and they had a christian priest guy on and he said that they dont have to do everything the bible says cause the bible says its ok to stone ur children, he was ok wiv gay marriage

Poison
11-05-2005, 03:01 PM
I support gay marriage. If people don't like it, fine, they should just leave it alone instead of sticking their nose in it. They're human too.

ranma_my_luv
11-05-2005, 03:03 PM
i personally think some of the most fun people in the world are gay. its nothing they can help, so i dont think they should be punished by not being able to marry the ones they love for something they cant do anything about. i support gay marriage. but thats just me.....
<3 from ranma_my_luv

Gjallarhorn
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM
It's possible that your uncle is so christian that he hates himself for being gay, but has accepted that(according to christian beliefs) he is going to "hell".

But, I don't know him. I'm basing this purely on people I know or have heard about.
actually, dispite living in a deeply christian family, my uncle and i are atheists. His reason is that they don't need some formal title just to be together.

Anyone here about the group of 40 fundametalist christians from tennessee who came to an elementary school in massachusetts to protest the fact that the school let a girl write an essay about why she looks up to Ellen Degeneras(the talk show host)? they said the school was "promoting homosexuality" and "satanic behavior"......they held signs and shouted at the 5-12 year old kids very prejudice things which i can't put on this site....

prettyketty
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with gay marraige. i have nothing againist it. People have the right to love anybody they desire

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 03:39 PM
actually, dispite living in a deeply christian family, my uncle and i are atheists. His reason is that they don't need some formal title just to be together.

Anyone here about the group of 40 fundametalist christians from tennessee who came to an elementary school in massachusetts to protest the fact that the school let a girl write an essay about why she looks up to Ellen Degeneras(the talk show host)? they said the school was "promoting homosexuality" and "satanic behavior"......they held signs and shouted at the 5-12 year old kids very prejudice things which i can't put on this site....
God damn it. This is why I hate rednecks. They can't accept that gay people even exist or that anyone can support them. I'm a good and honest liberal, but I wouldn't mind a single one of those bastards getting the chair. Homophobic mother fuckers. Go ahead, warn me for using bad language. Totally worth it to bash those prejudiced sonsof*****es. Do they really think that the "higher power", the "almighty", that "God" would honestly promote such behavior over homosexuality. It's rediculous.

-akichan-
11-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Please dun mind me talking about God, but gay marriages isnt something that God wanted us to do or have.

and theres no point of bad repping to say the truth^^;
Im straight, and i kinda have problem with peoples that are in relationships with the same sex. Because we are made to be in love wth opposite sex, i also feel realli realli uncomfortable when i see two guys or two girls making out at school, if you think you are gay or lesbian and you cant help it, think in a way...how would pplz think of you.^^;

Thats wut i think, guy can disagree with me but dun pick on anything cos this is a discussion, no need to pick on fight like last time i discussed about something kinda like this.

Fire Shaper Alchemist
11-05-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't see what's wrong with gays, they're nice too. >> Cause I know some. I mean, it's not me who's bi or anything but it shouldn't be a big deal, it's stupid to for it to be illegal in somes states.
If someone can name one thing what any gay/bi did to society to make it so wrong, then do so. Other then that I support them, it's love for all I know, no matter what the heritage, or gender. Taking away rights for love it's pure out evil.

All I have to say.

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Please dun mind me talking about God, but gay marriages isnt something that God wanted us to do or have.

Im straight, and i kinda have problem with peoples that are in relationships with the same sex. Because we are made to be in love wth opposite sex, i also feel realli realli uncomfortable when i see two guys or two girls making out at school, if you think you are gay or lesbian and you cant help it, think in a way...how would pplz think of you.^^;

Thats wut i think, guy can disagree with me but dun pick on anything cos this is a discussion, no need to pick on fight like last time i discussed about something kinda like this.
This whole world doesn't run on your religion. That's the idea of the seperation of church and state. Many believe very differently from you and those who think that homosexuality is fine should be able to practice their beliefs just like you can practice your's

____
11-05-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm straight, and I don't have a problem with gay marriage or gays in general. I know people who are gay, and it hasn't bothered me at all. The way I see it, gays are kind of like Romeo and Juliet. (Except for gays, it's not the boy and girl story.) Yeah, I probably sound lame bringing up the story of Romeo and Juliet, but it makes a bit of sense, right? They were denied love and gays are denied love in some areas of the world.

I find this part kind of ironic. Christians are supposed to "love" everyone, right? And yet, gays are hated by some Christians. (Not all.) At least that is how I see it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Demond
11-05-2005, 04:10 PM
i'm ok with gay mariages becouse i know alot of gay ppl who are couples although i don't like it when gay ppl hit on me they are cool at some times

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 04:11 PM
I don't see what's wrong with gays, they're nice too. >> Cause I know some. I mean, it's not me who's bi or anything but it shouldn't be a big deal, it's stupid to for it to be illegal in somes states.
If someone can name one thing what any gay/bi did to society to make it so wrong, then do so. Other then that I support them, it's love for all I know, no matter what the heritage, or gender. Taking away rights for love it's pure out evil.

All I have to say.
According to some christians, it is wrong to be who they are and who they were born as.

-akichan-
11-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Why is it wrong to be who you are and wut you believe it is not true, if they believe that they are straight just like _____, hes straight, be me and ____ didnt say that gay pplz are stupid, we both think that some gay pplz could be nice.

Fire Shaper Alchemist
11-05-2005, 04:15 PM
According to some christians, it is wrong to be who they are and who they were born as.
=| I don't believe in religon, to me it's just something for people to follow, anyway. That's why the world has opinions, and mine is that it's okay to be gay.

Demond
11-05-2005, 04:24 PM
that sux....hey wait i'm a christain but i don't think that way well like you said some

Faceless111
11-05-2005, 04:24 PM
This whole world doesn't run on your religion. That's the idea of the seperation of church and state. Many believe very differently from you and those who think that homosexuality is fine should be able to practice their beliefs just like you can practice your's
So he's not entitled to his opinion because everyone isn't Christian. That sounds wrong. So what if he's against it, he had opinion and reason. That should be respected.

Anyway, I'm fine with gay marriage. I believe homosexual people have every right to be as depressed and miserable as straight people.

-akichan-
11-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Well i can say that im not realli a christian, im not saying that pplz has to follow it, it was only WUT I THINK, so yeah...o____O;

Demond
11-05-2005, 04:28 PM
So he's not entitled to his opinion because everyone isn't Christian. That sounds wrong. So what if he's against it, he had opinion and reason. That should be respected.

Anyway, I'm fine with gay marriage. I believe homosexual people have every right to be as depressed and miserable as straight people.thats how i feel i just don't like them hitting on me it's just nasty

sjøpølse
11-05-2005, 04:41 PM
it doesn't bother me unless they start having sex...that's when it gets a little weird... I know we can't go too deep in the subject of, sex, since this site has alot of young members, but how come is it "weird"? I mean, it's the exact same organs, doing the exact same things (physiologically). Some of the greatest works of literature (Marquis de Sade), for instance, wrote only about homosexual, and, generally, sexual relations, but still it is great. I'd like to know, frankly.

Thats wut i think, guy can disagree with me but dun pick on anything cos this is a discussion, no need to pick on fight like last time i discussed about something kinda like this. Those discussions about gay marriage always end up in the same old rant, but whatever. As katrina_survivor stated, there has been, in history, bloody and long fights to end up in a seperation between state and church. Because it's not a god that rules your country, but merely other humans. However, seeing the importance of religious lobbies, I daresay the separation is not fully achieved.

The risk when bringing in religion is that other people can also put in theirs, and how can a belief stand up against another without interfering and trying to crush it? I mean, if someone brings the divine words of God #xyz (Christian, Muslim, Raelian, whatever) and I claim to possess the absolute truth of the divinity Bianca, how can we seriously debate? We will just enclose ourselves in our faith and illusions without even having advanced a little in our (mis)conceptions.

For, as much as some people can disagree, opinions and beliefs CAN be discussed, argued. However, there's a way to do it in some limits of convenience and politeness. That just requires some open-mindness.

On-topic now, just to make it clear, this thread is not "What do you think about bi/homosexuality?" but "What do you think about gay marriage?". It is not the same thing. You can be homophobic and still be okay with gay marriage, for you could also believe in one individual's right to get married. Of course, there are some moral values influencing that choice.

As for myself, I'm entirely for gay marriages, and, as said by Klutz, it is now legal in Canada. Now, I know there's the couple allocation problematic, sometimes brought in the debate, which does not exist in Canada, since money is given for each children born/adopted. However, I do believe that, in the US, for instance, it is not the only thing motivating gay couples. I don't personally believe in life-long marriage or agree with the underlying concept, but as some heterosexual believe in commitment and love-forever and marriage's symbolism, why shouldn't homosexuals too?

Silver_Star_of_Darkness
11-05-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm straight, I don't have any problems with it.
It's not written in stone that a guy has to marry a girl.

chiifanloversis
11-05-2005, 05:10 PM
i support gays! they have all rights to so what they want. UNLESS they start using against the other persons will.....u know what i mean.........other wise POWER TO THE GAYS!

thekaratekid
11-05-2005, 05:25 PM
there was an south park show adout gay marriage, and all i have to say adout gay marriage is i dont give a [removed]:D

Kyouken
11-05-2005, 05:29 PM
No skin off my nose. Really don't pay attention to things beyond this computer.

Crimson Blood
11-05-2005, 05:40 PM
I have absolutely no problem with gay marriages. What harm is it doing to anyone besides "damaging" the overly religious' perfect world? If you don't like something, then deal with it. Gays can be the nicest people in the world. I know people who are gay. And I have friends who are friends with gays. Making love illegal to a certain group of people is just wrong, and shouldn't be allowed.

-akichan-, it's okay to feel unconfortable when you see two guys/girls making out. It's natural.
-akichan- was simply stating her opinion. I bet she didn't mean to put in a negative effect in her post. She stated that she has a problem, but she deals with it, or am I wrong -akichan-?

~Crimson Blood

Edit: I'm straight in case anyone is wondering.

katrina_survivor
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
there was an south park show adout gay marriage, and all i have to say adout gay marriage is i dont give a [removed]:D As I get older and more educated about the issues, such as gay marriage and the hurricane, South Park gets funnier and funnier. People think that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are just a couple of idiots, but they really do present the issues lol.

To stay on topic, I'll say this. The fanatics talk about the sanctity of life that is being threatened by homosexuality and gay marriage. Funny how the person leading the conservitive side of this whole agruement, George Bush, had more people exicuted in his time as the governor of Texas than any other in history.

Ms. Lucy
11-05-2005, 05:52 PM
I definitely support gay marriage. I am bi and there is a 50 % chance that I will get married to a girl so I support gays. I am also christian and heres my theory; God loves all humans, whether gay bi or straight. God has infinite love and acceptance for his children. Even though other christians say that you will go to hell if you're gay, that's what they believe.

Keitaru-san
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
hmmm i got nothing agaisnt gay's or bi's they are human ike us....but my openion is that its against nature forget the fact of religions beliefs its still kinda wrong...but than again who am i to say anything about it i should worry about my ownself.

Eris
11-05-2005, 08:54 PM
hmmm i got nothing agaisnt gay's or bi's they are human ike us....but my openion is that its against nature forget the fact of religions beliefs its still kinda wrong...but than again who am i to say anything about it i should worry about my ownself.

Just so you know, homosexuality occurs in nature too.

Gjallarhorn
11-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Just so you know, homosexuality occurs in nature too. Actually, homosexuallity is very common in penguins. In 2003, a gay penguin couple was "married" in a zoo, and it was actually legal for them to do so. So apparently gay penguins can get married and gay humans cannot. Anyone else find that too be funny?
Some other homosexual animals:
Dolphins
Horses
Cats(although very rarely)

Well, that is all i know. But yeah, homosexuality does occur in nature.

So he's not entitled to his opinion because everyone isn't Christian. That sounds wrong. So what if he's against it, he had opinion and reason. That should be respected. What i believe he means is that everyone has the right to believe in what they choose to, as long as they do not directly interfere with the beliefs of another. One person has no right to say how another person should live because their way of life is against their beliefs. although, what i just said can be taken in a cyclical way.

Possessed
11-05-2005, 09:50 PM
I fine gays to be perfectly fine, in fact they are great. We should let them get married I see no problem with it, they deserve it.

Im not gay, so dont think that.IM NOT GAY!!!

Shawaazu
11-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Anyway, I support gay marriage. Everyone deserves equal rights. Gays are people, and being gay is a part of who they are. To even attempt to take that away from them is wrong in my book.

I agree. Love is love. Sex on the other hand . . . . . . . . well, I don't really much care 'bout that. But then again, you probably would't get married for sex. :p That's just general homosexual stuff.

Gizoku
11-05-2005, 10:20 PM
doesnt matter at all to me. gay marriages wont die down even if you want it to (not that I have anything against gay marriages). plus its the persons own choice of the heart.

Demented_Demon
11-05-2005, 10:31 PM
I have nothing with gay marrages it think gay people should get equal rights as we do.
Also i'm not gay.

Yojimbo51
11-05-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm for gay marriage. If I wasn't, then I'd have to be against all marriage, at least I think so.

And here's just a little idea to reflect on for people who think that gay marriage is unnatural - People aren't born married. It's not as though as soon as you turn 21, you and your partner sprout matching rings and your houses homogenize. Marriage in itself is a construct of humans, so why is gay marriage any less natural than the more accepted kind?

Rin!
11-05-2005, 10:56 PM
gay peepl r gay peepl that wont change and gay marrige is fine i chouldnt care less coz i cant be gay :P

3BladeDemoness
11-05-2005, 10:58 PM
I agree with Rin why bother with something your not going to be, but in my opion im not necissarily against it nor am I for it...

Faceless111
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
gay peepl r gay peepl that wont change and gay marrige is fine i chouldnt care less coz i cant be gay :P
Woah woah woah. Slow down, buddy. All the lack of grammar is making me dizzy.

Anyway, the biggest reason I'm not against gay marriage is because I'm too lazy to argue with them. Plus, why not? I'm sure God doesn't mind. I don't see any smiten people yet.

Yojimbo51
11-05-2005, 11:42 PM
With deepest apologies to Darth Tyranus...

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/2438/grammartime2jh.gif

kenny_killer
11-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Woah woah woah. Slow down, buddy. All the lack of grammar is making me dizzy.

Anyway, the biggest reason I'm not against gay marriage is because I'm too lazy to argue with them. Plus, why not? I'm sure God doesn't mind. I don't see any smiten people yet.

oh hes'ah cookin' somtin uhp...... lol...

*looks around* Wohw…haven’t been here in a while…

Well….Anyways…

Yo…I have no preference with homosexuals…
(if I said my true presumption I would be enormously flamed (not that anything I said up there wasn’t true its just that some ignorant fool with misunderstandings would belie my highly intellectual state of mind))

Yojimbo51
11-06-2005, 12:26 AM
then why did you post to begin with?

Capernicus
11-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Man, it doesn't matter if you are straight or not! It has nothing to do with your opinion on it. I mean, yeah, most gays believe that gay marriage is okay, but they don't have too. When I was first discovering my gayness (is that a word?), I thought gay marriage should be legal, but also that is was wrong. But after I started accepting it I realized that it may not be so wrong, and still should be legal. And now I am hovering between gay and bi, prefering women mostly. ^_^ But every once in a while a guy will get my wheels going, if you know what I mean. *wink*

kenny_killer
11-06-2005, 12:57 AM
then why did you post to begin with?
because i wanted to say what i felt, just not so much so that people would start arguments over it...

-akichan-
11-06-2005, 01:44 AM
-akichan-, it's okay to feel unconfortable when you see two guys/girls making out. It's natural.
-akichan- was simply stating her opinion. I bet she didn't mean to put in a negative effect in her post. She stated that she has a problem, but she deals with it, or am I wrong -akichan-?

~Crimson Blood

Edit: I'm straight in case anyone is wondering.
Nope you're right, you're actually saying something i meant. So PLEASE! it was only wut i was thinking about the gay stuff, this is forum, we talk about wut we THINK about the TOPIC.

And as i said, yes i feel uncomfortable seeing and knowing it. This is my opinion, it is wut i think.

*Raine*
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
I have no problem with Gay marriages. I have a friend named Ryan and he's gay, he has a boyfriend now, and Id love for them to get married. I believe that if dating the same sex is what you want....then take it. The rest of the world shouldn't see that as a crime. That's not right.

*ms.azrah*
11-06-2005, 02:52 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh... i do think its quite bad.... i mean..... that wasnt really supposed to be right? but then.. thats only my opinion.

Tye
11-06-2005, 02:54 AM
I think people should marry who ever they fall in love with, so i have no problem with that gay thing, i have like one or two friends that are gay, and there pretty funny, but sometimes it freaks me out when they make out in public, but oh well.....

FierceFeli.
11-06-2005, 07:41 AM
If I were in love with a girl (I am hetero, so i wouldn't, whatever) and really wnated to spend the rest of my life with her, of course i would want to marry her! and I have nothing against gay men and women.
I think they have the same rights to go to church and get married .

Keitaru-san
11-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Just so you know, homosexuality occurs in nature too.yes that is possible when animals are close to humans, like dark said n the zoo or anywhere that human are.

cuase what if all animals were gay? they would instinct in years...hahaha sorry but no fertilazation....hahaha that would be funny.

also its against religion BUT! they wanna do it in church or any other temple or holy place...thats kinda stupid(stupid not in offencive way)...oh well i don't have anything to worry about cuase again is not my life...i only worry about me.

Faceless111
11-06-2005, 08:08 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh... i do think its quite bad.... i mean..... that wasnt really supposed to be right? but then.. thats only my opinion.

Har har har... foolish human. If your opinion doesn't match those of the flamers, you shall be flamed.

Eris
11-06-2005, 08:11 AM
yes that is possible when animals are close to humans, like dark said n the zoo or anywhere that human are.

It also occurs in wild animals.

cuase what if all animals were gay? they would instinct in years...hahaha sorry but no fertilazation....hahaha that would be funny.

That argument is so bad I'm not going to dignify it with an answer.

Mushrambo
11-06-2005, 08:12 AM
My opinion is that I DO NOT support gay marriage. Yall can argue with my opinion but I just don't support it. Genes? What in the world does it have to do with genes? If their parents weren't gay then y do they have to be........I just don't get that. But anyway I don't really care what they do as long as they stay away from me with it. I know a few gay ppl and I told them this straight to their faces.....their still my friends though but they just can't do that stuff around me cause I don't find that right. Whoever made us did they really put us on this earth to go with the same sex? I don't think so in my opinion.

Keitaru-san
11-06-2005, 08:14 AM
hahahaha...dieselmannen do you know ricky gervais? go and search for his animal live stand up comedy... you will find out about gay community in animals.

katrina_survivor
11-06-2005, 12:00 PM
My opinion is that I DO NOT support gay marriage. Yall can argue with my opinion but I just don't support it. Genes? What in the world does it have to do with genes? If their parents weren't gay then y do they have to be........I just don't get that. But anyway I don't really care what they do as long as they stay away from me with it. I know a few gay ppl and I told them this straight to their faces.....their still my friends though but they just can't do that stuff around me cause I don't find that right. Whoever made us did they really put us on this earth to go with the same sex? I don't think so in my opinion.Once again, I'm trying to keep religion out of this conversation, but this being a gay marriage issue I sort of expected it to happen eventually.

Seperation of church and state means that you can't make laws that are tied to religion. Everyone has to have the right to practice whatever beliefs they have without others imposing theirs on them. So, even if you don't think gay marriage is natural according to your "God", you have to let them do it.

Genetics determine so many things about us. You may not think they have anything to do with it, but genes determine whether we are pre-disposed to take risks, be depressed, be suceptible to certain illnesses, and as I and many scientists think, be atracted to the same sex.

P.S.- I fully understand that you want to practice your beliefs that homosexuality is imoral without gay people imposing their sexual preference on you.

stigmatize
11-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Well, personally, i think there is nothing wrong with gay marriages. If two people are really in love and truely want to be together, then why stop them? Just let them be. I don't think it's quite fair that gays are discriminated by society just because of their sexual preference. It's their life, they're humans as well, and they jolly well have the rights to live as who they are and however they want. Besides, for some gays, it's not like they want to be gays, but they are naturally like that, and so they should not be blame for spreading 'unhealthy and wrong' morals to the society.

I have nothing against gay poeple, though maybe seeing two poeple of the same sex making out seriously would be quite uncomfortable to me.

Ollie
11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Guh. I'm SO sick of this issue. It's been beaten to the ground, revived, and beaten one too many times. Stupid dead horses.

Um, I don't really care too much. If it's legalized , great. If not, too bad. If [i]someone makes an amendment to the Constitution that makes it impossible for people of the same sex to marry, I will shake my fist and send angry letters.

Faceless111
11-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Once again, I'm trying to keep religion out of this conversation, but this being a gay marriage issue I sort of expected it to happen eventually.

Seperation of church and state means that you can't make laws that are tied to religion. Everyone has to have the right to practice whatever beliefs they have without others imposing theirs on them. So, even if you don't think gay marriage is natural according to your "God", you have to let them do it.

Genetics determine so many things about us. You may not think they have anything to do with it, but genes determine whether we are pre-disposed to take risks, be depressed, be suceptible to certain illnesses, and as I and many scientists think, be atracted to the same sex.

P.S.- I fully understand that you want to practice your beliefs that homosexuality is imoral without gay people imposing their sexual preference on you.
I don't remember Mushrambo saying anything about religion in his post. And religion still has a major role in this whole debate. Those against gay marriage usually argue that it is against God's will. Religion is anti-gay marriage people's main defense, so trying to keep religion out is pointless. And since you brought up separation of church and state, what if the government made a law banning gay marriage but having nothing to do with religion? Then the arguement of church and state go out the door.

Ollie
11-06-2005, 01:44 PM
And since you brought up separation of church and state, what if the government made a law banning gay marriage but having nothing to do with religion? Then the arguement of church and state go out the door.The thing is, they would need a legitimate reason to do so. Can you think of any that could survive going through Congress?

katrina_survivor
11-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't remember Mushrambo saying anything about religion in his post. And religion still has a major role in this whole debate. Those against gay marriage usually argue that it is against God's will. Religion is anti-gay marriage people's main defense, so trying to keep religion out is pointless. And since you brought up separation of church and state, what if the government made a law banning gay marriage but having nothing to do with religion? Then the arguement of church and state go out the door.Mushrambo said that homosexuality wasn't natural in the eyes of the "higher power," which implies religion.

And for the government to pass such a law they would need a half-assed reason for stopping gay marriage. The only one they can think up is, "Homosexuality is unholy in the eyes of God," and that is most deffinately a religious reason.

edit: looks like whispers beat me to it lol.

KiriKat
11-06-2005, 02:00 PM
isn't it written in the Bible that you can't be attracted to the same sex?

KiriKat
11-06-2005, 02:04 PM
my pastor got me to think this was a sin
and that it should never be done

Ollie
11-06-2005, 02:31 PM
isn't it written in the Bible that you can't be attracted to the same sex?*sigh*

No, it's not. It is not written anywhere that homosexuality is a sin. It merely states that sodomy is a sin. Enormous difference.

The blame on all of this 'God hates fags' crap is blamable only on your interpretation of it - or how it was translated from Hebrew. Apparently the most exact translation was 'do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman,' which could be interpreted as 'do not sleep in women's pajamas.'

Since I am too lazy to write everything out myself, allow me to quote another:

“And with a male you shall not lie the lying down of a woman
is, as was stated, the most literal translation of Lev 18:22. The authors of the Hebrew Bible frequently use the verb construction "to lie" as a euphamism for sexual penetration: vaginal penetration in the case of male-female intercourse, anal penetration in the case of male-male intercourse. Thus, in this verse the subject is anal penetration.

The translation found in most modern Bibles, "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman" assumes that the injunction is directed toward the penetrative partner; essentially, you shouldn't penetrate a man, you should only penetrate a woman. But the original verse is a cognate-direct object construction analagous to other Hebrew idioms like "to dream a dream." So in the case of Lev 18:22, the injunction is directed toward the submissive, or penetrated, partner, since he is the one who is lying the lying down of a woman.

Why would this be a problem for the ancient Hebrews? There are two reasons, which I'll outline here. The first is that the Hebrew theology was exclusive, based on setting the ancient Hebrews apart from all other peoples of the world. This separation was accomplished through adherence to the type of strict societal rules found in Leviticus and Deuteronomy: if you're a Jew, you don't eat shellfish and you don't touch a menstruating woman; that's the sort of thing that distinguishes your people from everyone else, which is necessary, since you're YHWH's chosen. The system is based on the idea that some animals fall outside the natural order: fish are supposed to have fins and swim, but shellfish don't, so they fall outside the natural order, and are thus impure. The same applies to male-male intercourse. Now, if you want to apply every code in the Hebrew scriptures, including the laws governing diet, marriage, and slavery to modern life, then you might at least have a doctrinal argument for condemning male-male intercourse. But otherwise, there's no reason for it.

Reason number 2: to be penetrated anally was an act of submission. The Hebrews are notoriously possessed of an overpowering desire to be free from domination. Thus, they would be opposed to any act that implied acquiescence to another.

As a final point, the Hebrew Scriptures do not condemn homosexuality, they condemn male-male intercourse. There is no mention of oral sex, lesbianism, or any type of romantic love between memebers of the same sex.

MaGeaX~
11-06-2005, 02:35 PM
oh i have no problem
i have never thought about it before,
but yea,
now and then there are many gay people getting Married
and there are famous people,
but if that is what they want and their are not
attracted to the same sex ok fine then.

KiriKat
11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanx Whispers
ok i get it now In Awe

katrina_survivor
11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
*sigh*

No, it's not. It is not written anywhere that homosexuality is a sin. It merely states that sodomy is a sin. Enormous difference.

The blame on all of this 'God hates fags' crap is blamable only on your interpretation of it - or how it was translated from Hebrew. Apparently the most exact translation was 'do not lie with a man as with the layings of a woman,' which could be interpreted as 'do not sleep in women's pajamas.'

Since I am too lazy to write everything out myself, allow me to quote another:

[/b]
But, if we try to follow every crazy fairy tale writen a long long time ago, we'll never get anywhere. That's why we don't mix religious scriptures with bills and laws.

Side note: I'm not flaming you, whispers. I'm just saying that these scriptures contradict each other in so many ways. lol

paranoid android
11-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Love is love. Government shouldn't be run by a fiction book.

Hiei The Forgotten One
11-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Gaydom/gayness is not in the genes. It's in their peronality, in their soul, and in their heart. And ust so you know, I am gay too. ^_^You said it, because there nothing wrong about being gay show some pride, i'm only saying this because i'm gay too.

Mushrambo
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Not to be mean or anything but isn't this a religion-based world? Even if u don't have one some ppl kinda look to one as reference or something right? Some gays were actually in the some religions that forbidden gayness to happen and broke off it when they decided that they were going to be gay...........so religion was going to come up in this debate sooner or later

P.S. I am not being religous here or anything I am just thinking of how u wouldn't think that it wouldn't come up in this debate......that is all.

Capernicus
11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
But, if we try to follow every crazy fairy tale writen a long long time ago, we'll never get anywhere.
Yeah, totally. I agree katrina_survivor. In the bible is is considered "unclean" to mix types of cloth. So if you are wearing 2 types of material right now, say 50% cotton and 50% polyester, you are technically sinning. But no one gives a crap about that stuff because it is said that when Jesus died on the cross, all the unclean things were no longer sins. People didn't have to sacrifice sheep to be forgiven and could eat previously "unclean" animals, just like Paul did (you know, the 1st Pope and essentially author of Christianity). And the bible says that homosexuality is "unclean,", so now it would be acceptable, right? Does that make sense?

forgotten Duo
11-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I have very strong feelings about this topic, for not being homosexual. There are a few things I would like to point out, and I'll try hard to be polite.

- The World is not Christian, I am not Christian ... why should the bible be used in this conversation at all? The teachings of one religion should be irrelevant when it comes to law making.

- Homosxuals aren't hurting you by existing, how will that change if they get married? If you can think of something, tell me. I really want to know.

- Mind your own business. If you didn't know what they were doing and not approve, you'd probably think they were great people. Pull your head our of your ignorant behind.

- Homosxuality does occur in nature, wouldn't that make is natural? Birds, monkeys, etc. have all been seen performing homosexual acts. In nature. Natural.

I'll stop for now. I'm trying very hard to behave myself.

Lady_Farore
11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
eh... gay marrage is fine. i mean, it would be kinda dumb if it wasnt alloud because of variouse reasons that i dunno howta word o__O

and i agree 100% with forgotten duo. nice point you made out!

Yojimbo51
11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
And for the government to pass such a law they would need a half-assed reason for stopping gay marriage. The only one they can think up is, "Homosexuality is unholy in the eyes of God," and that is most deffinately a religious reason.
You see, that's the way it should work. Keep in mind that conservatives (who make up most of the christian right, hence the right) are in control of congress. One reason I heard attached to it was that it's bad for the kids, that kids with two fathers couldn't possibly be normal. If they can slap a reason like that on it to make it seem almost reasonable, it could be passed. An amendment, however, would be harder, as I believe they require 2/3 of both houses.

Yeah, totally. I agree katrina_survivor. In the bible is is considered "unclean" to mix types of cloth. So if you are wearing 2 types of material right now, say 50% cotton and 50% polyester, you are technically sinning. But no one gives a crap about that stuff because it is said that when Jesus died on the cross, all the unclean things were no longer sins. People didn't have to sacrifice sheep to be forgiven and could eat previously "unclean" animals, just like Paul did (you know, the 1st Pope and essentially author of Christianity). And the bible says that homosexuality is "unclean,", so now it would be acceptable, right? Does that make sense?let me first just say that Peter was actually the first Pope.

And another thing you have to remember about the bible is the Jesus stories that people rarely hear, and I've got a million of 'em. Like how about when he condemned a fig tree to eternal hellfire for not having any food for him? That's a personal favorite.

Basically, I agree with you, the bible's ideas are rarely followed to anything but a very general degree today. But the bible isn't the only reason people are against gay marriage. Some people think that it shouldn't be done because it's never been done before. Others think (mistakenly) that it's against science. And some people are just plain Homophobic.

-akichan-
11-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Peoples talks about "not ok with it" cos of their religion, as long as they dun bring it up too often then i think its fine, because if some pplz are christian and they give out opinions about themselves "not ok with gays", then it is normal cos we are suppose to give out opinions and thoughts or one self.

WhiteReaper
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I will never fully comprehend why some people are still torn on an issue as trivial as this. I mean, it's not like any physical harm of any sort occurs from gay marriage.

I am going to be upfront about this, anybody who says that homosexuals shouldn't get married because it goes against nature or that it goes against the will of God, or some stupid reason like that, is an irrational, intolerant bastard who should just die. (I must say though, the responses on this forum have been surprisingly even-minded. Bravo.) Anyways, to sum up, I have no problem with gay marraige, so why should anyone else? Hell, if more people were gay, we could very well put overpopulation under control!

As a side-note, I really think religion should be left out of governments completely because, if history has taught us anything at all, it's that it only ever leads to trouble (just look at the Crusades, Witch-burnings, the Holocaust, Saddam Hussein's rule, I could go on...)

Ollie
11-07-2005, 08:10 PM
- The World is not Christian, I am not Christian ... why should the bible be used in this conversation at all? The teachings of one religion should be irrelevant when it comes to law making.Because the majority of America [and the world, actually] is Christian. (and I think we all know the important political leaders of America are Christian)

If so many people believe that homosexuality IS a bad thing, it'll generally be taken as the status quo. I mean, that only changed...what, 10 years ago? Although that particular arguement is for another day.

MaGeaX~
11-07-2005, 09:16 PM
wow so many people agree! and i agree to what paranoid android said
P.S. i'm not gay

Yojimbo51
11-07-2005, 09:30 PM
why dos everyone have to have that little disclaimer? Just ecause you beieve that all people should be able to do something that harmless doesn't mean you're gay, just like believing that women should be payed the same amount as men doesn't necessarily mean you're a woman.

MaGeaX~
11-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I have it on because on a different forum they had something like this and i put down something like that fist post i made and someone that i was gay O.o

Bean Bandit
11-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Well this has run its course, and has had its share of complaints also. So it is time to wave by bye to it