PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Peach: Sailor Moon rip-off?

Ωmega
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
i saw an episode of wedding peach recently...and its very much like sailor moon.
they both:
1. fight for love
2. start off fighting an evil queen
3. transform into miniskirt fukus
4. each has a "first name"( sailor moon has "sailor" before thier names, wedding peach has "angel" before thier names)
5. their names are inspirired by nature (sailormoon has planets,wedding peach has flowers)
i mean,is it just me????
please do post your opinions
(do make sure to follow the rules: stay on topic,respect all members (and mods) and their opinions,use the edit button if you have to,dont multiple post)

Capernicus
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Maru Maru Maru. I'm sure there is already a thread on this. I like you so much I don't care. Of course Wedding Peach ripped off Sailor Moon! They are exactly the same (what with those horny girls drooling over those soccer players *sigh*). The only difference I see is that I think Sailor is okay, whereas I think wedding Peach sucks. She just seems so deparate in that wedding dress. lol

SGI
11-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Wedding Peach ripped off Sailormoon.... that much is true, but isn't every anime these days a rip off of SOMETHING?

Besides, Sailormoon itself is a rip off of Minky Momo.

animeseishi
11-10-2005, 03:49 AM
yes.. what you say are true...maybe their creators are the same... not sure.. i think ill check it out... but the thing that i dont like with both.. is the same changing costume routine...

I Love Kakashi
11-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Wedding Peach is awsome.

Kikyo Fan!

Nipun
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
i agree with the person above me

Nipun
12-10-2005, 11:45 PM
i agree

anime_Geek
12-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Wedding Peach is awsome.

Kikyo Fan!is that u Kikyo Rox! from 4kids sorry if i am mistakein because that sig only 4kids kikyo rox does it!

i thought it was mew mew power which was like
sailor moon and sailor moon and mmp r both awsome and wedding oeach too!!

Sailor Chibimoon
01-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh my god. Ok I am so fricken sick and tired of seeing people on the internet claiming that Wedding Peach is a rip off of Sailormoon. Its its own series. I guess you call any mahou shoujo anime a rip off Sailormoon then. Wedding Peach is cool.

Ωmega
01-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh my god. Ok I am so fricken sick and tired of seeing people on the internet claiming that Wedding Peach is a rip off of Sailormoon. Its its own series. I guess you call any mahou shoujo anime a rip off Sailormoon then. Wedding Peach is cool.How often have you seen that??? My point is that Wedding Peach has ALOT in common with Sailor Moon....and guess which one came out first? Sailor Moon. If I were to create a game that had to do with a corportaion that created a drug that cause the dead to walk and called it Dead Zone (or something) then guess what, its a resident evil rip-off. Its a game all on its own, I could have totally different characters with totally different histories and backgrounds, but its still a rip-off, just like Wedding Peach ripped-off Sailor Moon. Whether or not you like Wedding Peach is totally irrevelant

red storm
01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
The point is that any magical girl series include the following ingredients:

-Fighting for love
-transforming in miniskirts
-each team has some returning element in their name (Sailor, Angel, Mew etc.)

Calling Wedding Peach a Sailor Moon ripp-off is like calling Samurai Shamploo a Rurouni Kenshin rip-off. Personally, I hate the word rip-off, as it is used grosly inacuratly. When someone -as with your example- takes the idea of zombies, but creates a completely different story, characters, histories and suroundings it can't be called a rip-off. I prefer the words 'inspired by'. There is nothing wrong with using a good idea as an example for whatever you are making. Everybody does it, from movies to games to anime.

animeadmirer
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Still, considering how so many different characters of different anime act and speak practically the same with each other if not looking similar to one another it's not too hard to think of them as clones. I am sometimes thrown off by how one character from a anime look just like a character from another anime.

Sailor Chibimoon
01-24-2006, 12:32 AM
It's not a rip off. That would be like saying any typical mahou shoujo anime ever created AFTER Sailormoon is a rip off, which isn't true. Nobody cares which one came out first. I personally like Sailormoon better, but I also like Wedding Peach. Also, just as fyi the manga Wedding Peach came out in 1992 during the same time as Sailormoon. I was also just stating my opinion. That's not against the rules, is it? Nope. Didn't think so. Kthnx. -_-;

anime_Geek
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
It's not a rip off. That would be like saying any typical mahou shoujo anime ever created AFTER Sailormoon is a rip off, which isn't true. Nobody cares which one came out first. I personally like Sailormoon better, but I also like Wedding Peach. Also, just as fyi the manga Wedding Peach came out in 1992 during the same time as Sailormoon. I was also just stating my opinion. That's not against the rules, is it? Nope. Didn't think so. Kthnx. -_-;
sailor chibimoon is sooooooooo right but its just that i thought in a way that was negitave but i still like sailor moon sooooo better then mew mew or wedding peach etc.

Ωmega
01-31-2006, 09:28 AM
It's not a rip off. That would be like saying any typical mahou shoujo anime ever created AFTER Sailormoon is a rip off, which isn't true. Nobody cares which one came out first. I personally like Sailormoon better, but I also like Wedding Peach. Also, just as fyi the manga Wedding Peach came out in 1992 during the same time as Sailormoon. I was also just stating my opinion. That's not against the rules, is it? Nope. Didn't think so. Kthnx. -_-;Did I ever say it was a rip off? Even in the title theres a question mark. Its just to see peoples opinions on this (i.e do any of you think its a rip off?). I NEVER said it was a rip off, so no need to be rude. Oh, and FYI, posting your site here is SPAM.

Capernicus
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, regardless if every mahou anime is a "rip off" of another, I think every anime is a "rip off" of another, just as the Don said. It's diffidult to come up with an incredibly original story, and even then there is SOMETHING that you took from somewhere else and used. We are developed by our experiences, and if we have a positive experience with one h, we are inclined to duplicate it because, obviously, it works. I think even FLCL ripped off Magical Market Mushrambo (or whatever it's called).

Miss Moonlight
06-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Wedding peach has heart shaped transformation lockets with WINGS on them. Wonder where they got that idea from .. hmm.

Also, this pose looks mighty familar ...

http://www.tachyoon.com/bildres/wp-peach2.jpg

hmm .. look at the hand gesture of this red-haired character ..

http://img293.echo.cx/img293/7218/peach541qa.jpg

All i'm saying is that they can't seem to come up with any original ideas.

I think SOME of the producers who worked on sailormoon might have also worked on wedding peach .. but it's not the same company, I don't think.

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Well the anime look totally alike but I think the people who draw sailor moon had also done the drawings of wedding peach and I totally agree there is one BIG difference Wedding Peach is so scary but Sailor Moon is well just fine.

A True Friend
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I like wedding peach betta but it is a copy!

[:*Angel Ichigo-chan*:]
09-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Wedding Peach is a copy but I kinda like it! ^^