PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of "Azumanga Daioh"?

william_birkins
10-31-2005, 12:02 PM
I have recently bought 5 DVD set for $50.00 and I think the anime is hilarious. I was just wondering if anybody has heard of this anime and if anybody has, share your thoughts and your opinions based on this anime. Please no spamming!

www.advfilms.com/titles/azumanga (http://www.advfilms.com/titles/azumanga)

Engi no Juushichi
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
I've seen Azumanga Daioh, and it is hilarious! I have it on Anime Network on Demand. Osaka is one of my favorite characters.

Shawaazu
10-31-2005, 06:43 PM
I watched some of it on my Anime on Demand as well, but I didn't like it very much. I thought I'd like it more, considering all the good things that everyone has said.

Wandering Samurai
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
I've watched it before. It's really funny. Wut's up with the girls hair though. it moves.

Doll Face
11-01-2005, 07:34 AM
It is a really hilarious anime, though it is more popular in America then it was in Japan (kind of like Trigun). I have seen all the episodes (though club could not stand watching it since the first episode was too slow for them) but have not looked at the manga yet.

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
11-01-2005, 09:18 AM
probably one of the most random anime series i've ever seen lol! but it was funny lol ^-^ Strange! but funny... like the little girl taking her pony tails off and replacing them... that was weird lol!

william_birkins
11-01-2005, 11:35 AM
probably one of the most random anime series i've ever seen lol! but it was funny lol ^-^ Strange! but funny... like the little girl taking her pony tails off and replacing them... that was weird lol!
Yeah, that little girl Osaka is always slow and always think of weird things about Chiyo-chan's hair. Plus, Sakaki's obsession for cats and animals is pretty strange. She always gets bitten by that black cat on her way to school:D

Capernicus
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I think Happy Lesson is more ramdom, but I love Azumanga Daioh too! Sakaki-san is just soooooo coooool! ^_^ Here, I love this pic.

_CTA_
11-01-2005, 12:19 PM
i love it its funny

MistaCloudStrife
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
I've seen all of it...

If you take the time to watch it all, then it doesn't get so wierd... Alot of the wierd stuff is just in Osaka's head... Or in everyones dreams...

Umm... Anyways, I like Sakaki, she's awesome... She could like pet Tadakichi for hours... Lol... *spoierls* And that cat she gets... Awesome...

Chaos Master Dark
11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Its so funny.
Randomness rules.

.Kuro
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I love it!!! It´s really funny!!!

mokulen22
11-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I actually rented the first DVD just because I heard SO many great reviews on this anime. I popped it in the DVD player at 8:15 and turned it off at 8:20 scratching my head saying "what the hell was everyone raving about!" I hated it...I couldn't stand to watch it after five minutes...of course this was after focusing myself to watch Aquarian Age (The worst anime I’ve ever seen) so my attention span and tolerance level were VERY low.

sweetviciouskittycloud
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
its actually pretty random like when they do that cute stuffed animal cafe for their culture festival and the next episode they were discussing the color of pandas and if santa really existed
any who it is pretty funny

youko_kurama16
11-02-2005, 10:32 AM
i havn't heard of it is it good?

Capernicus
11-02-2005, 10:43 AM
YES!!! I have all 6 DVDs and both CDs! *hugs AZD stuff* Yay me! ^_^

william_birkins
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
its actually pretty random like when they do that cute stuffed animal cafe for their culture festival and the next episode they were discussing the color of pandas and if santa really existed
any who it is pretty funny
Yeah, that was funny too. I like the one part of the anime where Chiyo-chan dresses like a penguin (cute by the way) and attracts all the customers for their cafe (forget the name of cafe) by being adorable and cute just because she couldn't eat the food she bought. I thought that was funny.

The Governator
11-02-2005, 11:41 AM
i love Azu^^ its one of the best anime's ive ever seen, i really wanna get the manga's

oh and youko_kurama16, it is brilliant

ToMo-sAn
11-03-2005, 05:02 AM
I haven't seen the manga lately *digs through DVDs*..but I have been reading the manga,very funny.

The Governator
11-03-2005, 11:20 AM
dont double post

can any tell me if the mangas make more sense than the anime, cause the anime semmed to have no plot

Capernicus
11-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Yo, DON"T SPAM!!! Didn't you hear Mky? Sheesh. No, the manga doesn't make more sense. Actually the anime makes more sense because the manga is ordered wierd. Than anime put some theme skits together so they flow. Kind've. *shrugs*

The Governator
11-03-2005, 11:40 AM
well some peeps wont listen to advice ¬.¬

oh well then Azu has no plot, now i feel like an idiot tryin to make sense of it lol^^, i know im gettin all 6 DVDs for X-mas im askin cause i wanna hear wat they sound like in amrican

william_birkins
11-03-2005, 11:46 AM
well some peeps wont listen to advice ¬.¬

oh well then Azu has no plot, now i feel like an idiot tryin to make sense of it lol^^, i know im gettin all 6 DVDs for X-mas im askin cause i wanna hear wat they sound like in amrican
I believe it's just as good as the Japanese version. I own both of them (not to brag) and it's pretty good. I don't want to spoil anything but it does seem to make sense in the end as in the anime.

The Governator
11-03-2005, 11:47 AM
well are the dubs good i dont want to watch it wiv a crappy dub, i know the japanese is good, them ar the ones ive seen

william_birkins
11-10-2005, 11:38 AM
well are the dubs good i dont want to watch it wiv a crappy dub, i know the japanese is good, them ar the ones ive seen
The dubs are also good and goes with the anime. I don't about you but if you go buy it, I might think there is a little difference but not a lot. So altogether, yes the dub is good as the japanese version.

Frequency
11-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Well it has a bunch of hot girls,it is pretty cool anime.

william_birkins
11-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Well it has a bunch of hot girls,it is pretty cool anime.
Well, they are hot. Most of all about the anime is random stuff and being cute. Too bad they didn't make any more episodes to the series.:glare:

Sweet Lucidity
11-11-2005, 03:01 PM
i have a couple of the DVDS and yes it is random and halirious...perfect for ADD people^^