View Full Version : [TV series] Samurai 7

Pyrobrave
10-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Name: Samurai 7:
Genre: Action
Source: DVD, FUNimation, Gonzo
Year: 2005
__________________________________________________ _______________
Set in a futuristic world that has just witnessed the end of a massive war, scores of villages are terrorized by Nobuseri bandits. But the Nouseri are no normal bandits. They were once samurai, who during the warintegrated there living cells with machines to become dangerous weapons now appearingmore machine that man. Absolute power corrupts, and their reign of terror is increasing its hold on the countryside. But one group of villagers has had enough, deciding to hire samurai to protect their village. Kirara is a young priestess who travels to the city seeking out protection. One by one, she encounters brave samurai that the war has left behind. These men of skill and valor are each unique and not without their quirks. But can they come together as one to defend the helpless village?

Storyline: (9/10): The story has a deep plot that drags you into their world. The way the characters get to know each other is just like real life. This is a world that I hope never comes to be and that makes it even more interseting. Everybody want to know what is going to happen in the future. Thats one of the reason that people want to live forever. The story of the war is so realistic it makes you think it could actually happen and the brilliant animation makes it seem even more real

Characters: (9/10): The characters each have their own personality, and they fit each of them perfectly to what the character looks like. The more the story goes along the morew they learn to work together. Great character development.

Animation: (10/10): The way they integrated calssic anime hand drawing with CG animetion was brilliant. The beautiful colors that usually comeout with hand drawing shines through with the smoothness of CG animetion. They do a great job on all their titles including Last Exile. They couldn't have done any better on this anime.

Audio/Voice acting: (10/10): FUNimation always does a good job picking voice actors that match their characters so well and Samurai 7 is no different. They brought in Christopher Sabat (Vegeta, Piccolo) to play Kikuchiro. and he did a wonderful job. His voice could match any tough character. The voice of Kambai was R. Bruce Elliot, he matched his characer well too. The music from Samurai 7 was great, the opening theme and the closing theme matches the anime perfectly.

Overall: (10/10): This anime was just plain awesome. They hit the ball out of the park. It can't get any better than this. Great story, great animation, and great action. I don't care what you have to do watch this anime, you just have to.

Wizzy edit: No google links, please attach screenshots to the post using the 'manage attachments' button.

katayamadono
08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Plotline: 8/10:
One of the best things about this anime is that it is based off of one of the original plotlines of movie history, an adaption of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai (Shichinin no Samurai). But one thing you should not do is compare the two. Although the basic story is, in itself, tasteful and climatic, it has quite a few bumps in the plot that make it hard to get into. I've seen this series over and over again, and each time, certain elements make it harder to get to the end. But all in all, it also draws you in.

Characters: 9/10:
The seven samurai are a brilliant form of characters. Each one molds into the other so perfectly, and it is hard not to get attached to all of them, including the ones you'd love to hate. As for the side characters, I can honestly say that most of them just disrupt the flow of the anime, and can be done with out.

Voice Acting/ Music: 7/10
When I think about the voice acting, I want to laugh. Some of the voices are so perfect, and some of them terrible, English and Japanese. Christopher Sabat is one of the best voice actors out there, and he is teamed up with some equally talented voices. Bob Carter, Sonny Strait (although, it feels like he tries a little too hard to be menacing in this one), and R. Bruce Elliot. Just perfect. They arent as amazing as the Japanese, except Heihachi's Japanese voice is down right aweful.

The music, at first I was totally into it, adding on the fact I was 4 years younger then I am now. It seems great, but you have to see the anime a few times to know that the music does not fit. The music throughout the anime would be fine, but at times it doesnt work with the scene or it ends up being a little to loud. The opening and ending are good songs, but have no relevence or connection to the anime itself.

Overall: 9/10
Its one of my top animes, theres not doubt about it. It is slightly over looked, but I can see people having a hard time getting into it.