PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen the movie Excorsism of Emily Rose

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
10-22-2005, 01:52 PM
hey, has any of you seen the Excorsism of Emily Rose? (i dunno if Excorsism is spelled right) what did you think of it?

i saw it. it was awsome. oh and it was based on a true story. i study that stuff and everything they talked about really IS true. but, a normal human cant have 6 demons inside them. a human body would be overwhelmed with just 2, so 6 is pretty much impossible.

please, no cussing, no spamming, and if your gonna argue about something, dont post. im tired of my threads being closed. thank you.

Naberius The Slayer
10-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Well I saw it opening day at the theaters, it was a really cool movie.One of the better ones that I've seen on the subject, though I've never personally studied exorcisms.

Die Tod von Euch
10-23-2005, 02:33 AM
Um... Actually, the movie was barely like Annaliese Michel's case (http://www.horrorchannel.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=687)...

Here's merely one example...

Two years later the case was finally brought to trial. Nearly forty hours of audio tape of the exorcism was played before the court. Testimony was heard from witnesses who had no doubts of demonic presences in the girl. But in the end it was the coroner's report that Anneliese has starved to death that proved to be their undoing. It was determined that admitting her to a hospital where she'd have been fed through a tube, even one week before she died, could have saved her life. They also asserted that, by introducing the concept of demonic possession, the parents and priest provided a scapegoat for her behavior, which allowed her to misbehave all she wanted to without fear of consequence. Though convicted, her parents and the priests received a light sentence of only six months in jail and probation. Both the priests (there were two on the case) and her parents were tried and convicted. And actually served some time... While in the movie, only the priest was tried (which I thought was ridiculous), and though found guilty, did not have to serve time. And she was crazy. Just plain crazy. With epilepsy.

Among the demons who claimed residence were Judas Iscariot, Nero, Cain, Hitler, a disgraced Frankish priest from the 16th Century, a host of other damned souls, and even Lucifer himself. Besides having more "demons" in her in real life than she claimed to in the movie (six in the film, no?), the very "demons" she claimed to have had within her prove she's false. Let's break it down, shall we?

Judas. While his name has come to be representative of a traitor, Judas did not do what he did because he wanted to. He did not do it to betray Jesus. He did not do it for money. Judas did it because he was told to. Because he had to. Three guesses who wanted him to do it. I'll give you a clue... It wasn't Satan, and it wasn't anyone who was human. Ok, now guess. Considering this, why in the world would he be a demon, or as the movie put it, have a demon reside within him?

Nero. He was just a crazy bugger. You can't say all crazy people are demons, or that they have demons in them.

Hitler. Last I checked, he was human. Like Nero. Was Stalin in her head too, I wonder? He also killed a lot of people and was nuttier than a Snickers bar...

Lucifer. Are you aware that "Lucifer" only appears once in the Bible, and in the Old Testament, and only in the King James version, and is NOT talking about the Christian Satan? Here, read this (http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/christ/xt-ibel2.htm) to see what I mean. Lucifer is not a proper noun at all. It is not a name. It most certainly is not the Devil. Except, of course, in Milton's Paradise Lost.

I was disappointed in the movie. It was more humerous than it was scary. It had a few good parts. Sadly, though, those parts were what they showed in the previews. So if you want the spookiness, just watch the previews and your set. If you watch the whole movie, the spookiness is ruined totally.

I liked the prosecuting attorney, though. He was great.

zodiak
10-23-2005, 02:38 PM
that movie was hilarious. Man:p

Saphire
10-23-2005, 02:39 PM
i've never seen that one but i've seen the rest and i know eventually i will see it!!

Angel~Eyes
10-23-2005, 02:43 PM
I haven't seen it, but I have heard that many people are disappointed with it beacuse they were thinking it was a "scary" movie, like "The Exorcist". I will probably rent it when it comes out on video, but I am not all that eager to see it...although it could very well prove intersting^^

Luv Angel Eyes

You Sing The Words
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I saw that movie awhile ago, it was pretty cool.

Ms. Lucy
10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
I saw the movie when it first came out and it was really good.

Missy
10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I have the whole collection of Exorcist movies. And when I saw the previews for this movie on TV, I expected it to be a lot better. I agree with DTvE about all the spooky parts being in the previews. And yes the prosecuting attorney was quite funny. I'm not much of a religious person, so I didn't understand too much of what they said about the 6 demons. But all in all, this movie was okay. Not something I'd recommend to horror fanatics but I still enjoyed it a bit.

Master Of Shred
10-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Was a deacent movie, was able to sit and watch the whole thing.That says something for me,if I'm bored with it in 5 minutes then well...