PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo revolution, ps3, or xbox360?

zodiak
10-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Okay, so 3 new systems are going to be born into the world. The nintendo revolution, ps3, and the xbox360. As everyone know these systems will be expensive. Wich one will you buy first?:eek:

(Nintendo Revolution has a weird controller. whats with that;).)

Zeke Arcadia
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
I will support my "homies" of Nintendo. Then Ps3. Xbox not my type.

katrina_survivor
10-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Instead of buying any of these, I'm gonna buy as much listarine as I can and get trashed.

I can't afford any of them. And even if I could, I'd spend the money on an Ipod nano.

zodiak
10-17-2005, 10:25 PM
hu...;):eek: so you would want to get wasted on listerine, good god man do you have any desency. I mean really.

Storm Strife
10-18-2005, 01:10 AM
And even if I could, I'd spend the money on an Ipod nano. Do yourself a favor....don't.

Back on topic, I'm going to try and get all 3 consoles. Granted it would take a few years, but it allows me to see games from each system's point of view. But I'm not sure which I would buy first....most likely the one that costs the less money later on (I'll be buying when prices go down). But I might see if I can get the Revolution first (despite the fact it's controller looks like a certain sex toy :D)

Darth Tyranus
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
The revolution because the games will be something NEW, i can't tell you how tired i am of half assed sequels.

Zedekiah
10-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Don't be narrow minded. Get 'em all.

Loljoke
10-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Xbox 360

-_-Tan-_-
10-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Xbox360

picano
10-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll be getting the Revolution for sure, gonna try winning an XBox 360 or atleast buy it once the price drops.

william_birkins
10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I don't know if I still want to get the Revolution with all the cool features but I stuck with Playstation ever since it came out but if it were between the two, it would probably be the Revolution.

Darth Tyranus
10-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Don't be narrow minded. Get 'em all.It isn't being narrow minded if the others don't have games you want to play.

Loljoke
10-19-2005, 02:14 PM
It isn't being narrow minded if the others don't have games you want to play.
Your looking forward to any future Star Wars game on the Revolution, right?
Swordfights with the remote controller, whooho!

Anyways, I'm not getting it.

Gate_Guardian
12-31-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, people cant pick a system thats so sad.

!.Ski Takeshi.!
12-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Nintendo Revolution is not finish yet turns out those pictures are not the finished project.

Loljoke
12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Nintendo Revolution is not finish yet turns out those pictures are not the finished project.
The rumours says that it will get even smaller than it is on the current pictures.

saskie
12-31-2005, 08:38 PM
PS3 for life

Loljoke
12-31-2005, 08:40 PM
PS3 for life
And still, the public knows almost nothing about it.
I find it amusing.

Grim Scythe
01-01-2006, 10:31 AM
im going to wait a few months after the new systems come out(most of the recent systems had some kind of bug in them that was worked out in a few months) to truly pass judgement
but if i was going to choose it be the 360

Darth Tyranus
01-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Don't be narrow minded. Get 'em all. If this gen turns out like the last 3 I will, just when I buy them remains the question.

philmaster628
01-01-2006, 10:59 AM
i would buy the ps3 then xbox 360....i wouldn't even get the revolution

Darth Tyranus
01-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Your looking forward to any future Star Wars game on the Revolution, right?
Swordfights with the remote controller, whooho!

Anyways, I'm not getting it. That isn't the only reason I want one, but me being the huge star wars fan I am I can't help but love this idea. Anyway as of right now the system clearly isn't for evryone, but maybe that will change with time.

Hanzo
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Ps3

Loljoke
01-01-2006, 12:37 PM
That isn't the only reason I want one, but me being the huge star wars fan I am I can't help but love this idea. Anyway as of right now the system clearly isn't for evryone, but maybe that will change with time.
Maybe.
I've never been a huge fan of Nintendo, but they have some really great stuff on the market.

We'll have to wait and see.

gotenks x3
01-01-2006, 12:47 PM
i am going to get ps3 the xbox360 has bug that there trying to fix and until they get that fixed i am stickin with ps3

Loljoke
01-01-2006, 01:48 PM
i am going to get ps3 the xbox360 has bug that there trying to fix and until they get that fixed i am stickin with ps3
Like the majority of gamers, I do not have any problems at all with my Xbox 360.

Grim Scythe
01-02-2006, 03:24 AM
-yes iv heard rumors about 360s having bugs
-i said it was going to have some just like the xbox and ps2 ac cables bein recalled due to fire hazards
-and the ps3 isnt out yet, none of us now if it will or will not have its own problems

Bluefox-chan
01-03-2006, 07:47 AM
hmm i dont know they havent come out yet(p23 or revolution) i will probably wait and see which has the best games!

Loljoke
01-03-2006, 08:23 AM
-yes iv heard rumors about 360s having bugs
-i said it was going to have some just like the xbox and ps2 ac cables bein recalled due to fire hazards
-and the ps3 isnt out yet, none of us now if it will or will not have its own problems
Several Devs. has already admitted that the PS3 has had several problems.
Doesn't anyone remember that the dev. kits melted?

Buruku
01-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Revolution for sure, i cant wait to see what Nintendo does next, as far as games go.
i'm not sure what my second choice would be....

sasuke-fan-1
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I would buy PS3 first because it seems to be taking longer to make. So that must mean a lot of improvement is being done. Which mean it will be better than the 360. Then I will buy the Revolution because Nintendo may have less sales than Sony and Xbox but they have lots of unique games that you won't see on the other systems. Like Animal Crossing was one and the Mario sport games.

Nickl
01-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Revolution well I like the fact that you will be able to play old games like earthbound and Crono Trigger. Awsome games I might add.

Starkwynd
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Several Devs. has already admitted that the PS3 has had several problems.
Doesn't anyone remember that the dev. kits melted?
I've heard rumors lately that sony may completely scrap the current PS3 design because they haven't been able to fix those problems.

Darth Tyranus
01-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't surprise me, I have heard nothing but massive problems coming from sony of late dealign with the ps3.

Loljoke
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Indeed, Sony has had alot of trouble with the PS3, I'm sure they'll come up with something to deal with it though, but it will definitly delay the console.

I would buy PS3 first because it seems to be taking longer to make. So that must mean a lot of improvement is being done. Which mean it will be better than the 360. Then I will buy the Revolution because Nintendo may have less sales than Sony and Xbox but they have lots of unique games that you won't see on the other systems. Like Animal Crossing was one and the Mario sport games.
And some people can't think logically.

Sephy
01-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't really have a preference. They all have their positives and negatives. Plus, one of my roommates is the Nintendo freak, so we will have the next Nintendo here. Another roommate is the Microsoft freak, so we will have a 360 here, and I am in love with Sony, so I will be buying the PS3. We already have a PS2, Gamecube, and XBOX hooked up in the living room. So I'm not worried about it.

It is a wonder though that we are all alive. We have had some great arguments in the past ^^

Loljoke
01-04-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't really have a preference. They all have their positives and negatives. Plus, one of my roommates is the Nintendo freak, so we will have the next Nintendo here. Another roommate is the Microsoft freak, so we will have a 360 here, and I am in love with Sony, so I will be buying the PS3. We already have a PS2, Gamecube, and XBOX hooked up in the living room. So I'm not worried about it.

You're lucky :p

Black Outlaw
01-04-2006, 08:54 AM
ps3... then a revolution.. i hate Xbox so never that

RichardE40k
01-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Personally I am on the PS3’s side, as I am a first person gamer who likes the best graphics. Not to say the others don’t have outstanding capabilities but I grew p with play station.

The Pros.

More FPS games planned for the PS3 than the 360 or revolution
Is the most powerful of all three consoles, I do not wish to go into all the tech specs so I will keep it brief.
Still has companies only devoted to it, like the makers of kill zone
So Sony still has games that will not be available to any other console just like the revolution unless Nintendo decide to open the gates, seeing as the game cube was the lowest selling of the consoles and there have been rumours. However 360 no longer has any one system companies, so even halo 3 could appear on the ps3 with a lot of money from Sony
Still has the same build controller that everyone is used to except for a few minor details, just like the Xbox 360.
Has the biggest selection of games thanks to its long life with backwards compatibility and popularity
Most probably will have some sort of connectivity with the PSP just like the Nintendo advance had with the game cube
Now is planned to have an online system like the 360, could creat3e competition with lower prices or even free use
Backwards compatibility does not require an expensive hard drive to be backward compatible, plus the Xbox 360 has proved to even lag with some of its old games. (This has been tested by me trying to play Half Life 2 on a 360 system)
Blue Ray disks, holding 6 times more than the DVD Xbox disks.

The Cons

Has not been released first so will not have the advantage of first selling opportunities
Has been cancelled many times due to faults and errors with the system, it could end up less powerful or even slower than the 360 due to changes with the console
Has had many criticisms for looking similar to its brother the ps2.
Has the unfortunate situation of when released, halo 3 being released, so tough competition is rising.
Has so much power unlike the other that it may never be used by games companies until much later on, this could cause problems for its old and new games

If anything appears to be wrong just PM me and I will look into it, Thank you.

colonelsp
01-04-2006, 10:06 AM
xbox360 for me

Darth Tyranus
01-04-2006, 02:26 PM
So Sony still has games that will not be available to any other console just like the revolution unless Nintendo decide to open the gates, seeing as the game cube was the lowest selling of the consoles and there have been rumours. However 360 no longer has any one system companies, so even halo 3 could appear on the ps3 with a lot of money from Sony
This is ALL basless conjecture, as is most of your idiotic post. If you like sony fine, but don't go saying things as stupid as halo 3 or nintendo games could appear on the ps3. No way in hell could this happen, no matter how mcuh sony offered. Plus they would NEVER make the money back, kind of like ms hasn't gotten the money back for buying rare yet. I doubt they ever will too.

Plus despite being in third place (in america) the cube has MADE A PROFIT, so it would be beyond foolish for nintendo to make games for nayone else. What I'm saying is shut up unless you have actual facts, which of course you don't.

Scion
01-04-2006, 02:58 PM
I really don't know what I am going to get. Right now I have my eye on the Revolution and the 360. The Ps3 might actually finish (by 07 if they keep this up). Oddly Sony has been having troubles like that incident with that other company and now this. Seriously, Sony has to pull it together or they will die on the market. As for the Revolution and 360, its all about the sales and how quick the prices drop for me.

anime_being_god
01-04-2006, 03:02 PM
ok ive only played x box 360 and i think its going to get blowed away by the ps3

Loljoke
01-04-2006, 04:20 PM
RichardE40k:

Most of what you told us are either speculations or completely wrong, I won't bother to correct all of it, cause the list is pretty long.
Just to mention a couple of things, the PS3 will NOT have a online system like Xbox Live, but one similiar to the PS2 instead.
And ofcourse Microsoft still owns developers, go check it out! As an example, Microsoft would never give away bungie, no matter price tag.

Why I didn't send a PM? Go figure.

RichardE40k
01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Well I said to PM me if you had problems with the post I made, I really have no time for rudeness, a simple PM could have cleared things up. The main reason I made it is because I have one family member in the Microsoft company and the other in Sony, I get my facts from my family, I will look into them again as I said I would but just to reinstate, no need for rudeness or sarcasm in future as I have no time for arguements over forums.

Richard

currupted_ soul
01-04-2006, 05:40 PM
-thinks- I would say X-Box360.

Darth Tyranus
01-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Well I said to PM me if you had problems with the post I made, I really have no time for rudeness, a simple PM could have cleared things up. The main reason I made it is because I have one family member in the Microsoft company and the other in Sony, I get my facts from my family, I will look into them again as I said I would but just to reinstate, no need for rudeness or sarcasm in future as I have no time for arguements over forums.

Richard Facts? What facts, most of your post were things that made no sense or were just rumors. I don't care if you have a family memeber who works for the company, saying nintendo games might come to the ps3 is just plain stupid case closed.

RichardE40k
01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Well we will just have to see then

Darth Tyranus
01-04-2006, 09:09 PM
See what? There is NO WAY nintendo games or halo 3 will ever be on the ps3. There is no waiting and seeing, those thing just wont happen.

iernt8
01-04-2006, 09:18 PM
i would say that the PS3 will be the best out of them all

Loljoke
01-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry Richard, I didn't mean to act rude.

Anyways, as Darth says, there's no way that for an instance Halo 3 will come out to the PS3 (If it comes out at all, still no announcment). Microsoft owns Bungie.

You're not the only one that has relatives in Microsoft you know, Microsoft is huge.
Even I have a cousin that works there.

You can ask your relative what Peter Moore announced at CES in Las Vegas yesterday, for the Xbox 360.
I know, because I'm involved with the industry and the community, but I'm pretty sure that if you ask your relative today, he wouldn't know.
Note: Today.

-Batman-
01-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I know, because I'm involved with the industry and the community
Which is why you're opinion is biased.

We can't even decide this yet because out of the 3 systems the only one out at the moment is the 360. The PS3 may be having production problems, but it's not like the 360 didn't. As for the Revolution, Nintendo always pulls through for it's fans. Than again, we have yet to see the revolution either, so we can't judge on that.

This thread is completely pointless because we only have one of the three said systems.

krncrazykid
01-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Nintendo !

krncrazykid
01-05-2006, 01:53 PM
how do u change the way you look for your rpg character?

Loljoke
01-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Which is why you're opinion is biased.

We can't even decide this yet because out of the 3 systems the only one out at the moment is the 360. The PS3 may be having production problems, but it's not like the 360 didn't. As for the Revolution, Nintendo always pulls through for it's fans. Than again, we have yet to see the revolution either, so we can't judge on that.

This thread is completely pointless because we only have one of the three said systems.Didn't you even read the rest of my post?
That statement came after I asked him if he could check if his relative knew what Peter Moore and Bill Gates announced at CES, I didn't say I knew which one of the consoles was better.

If you read my post better, you would have easily seen what I was saying.

Apostolos
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
the revolution...

Darth Tyranus
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I know, because I'm involved with the industry and the community
Involved with the industry? You have a cousin who works there and apparently he knows very little about it. How is that being involved witht the industry?

Ayame_102
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
i prefer the xbox cuz to me the ps3 is like the ps2...

Loljoke
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Involved with the industry? You have a cousin who works there and apparently he knows very little about it. How is that being involved witht the industry?
I thought you knew I'm an independant game developer for the PC.
It has nothing to do with my cousin.

NARUTO_AND_SAKURA
01-05-2006, 08:19 PM
i would say Xbox 360 but its not doing good like burning out or somethingy its really fun tho and mine is working fine so xbox!

RichardE40k
01-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Burning out? It sounds like overheating, just like some of the Xbox’s did when first made. I would check you're system. But I doubt it is anything too serious, if it continues or gets very got, contact Microsoft, do not go through the company who sold it to you unless Microsoft advise it, as they will try to detour you without helping, just some advise.

Light Guardian
01-07-2006, 07:12 AM
only PS3...

Xiahou_Dun
01-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm going with the Revolution. It's going to have teh best of all the graphic and the best line-up of game's. I'm looking forward to Super Smashbrothers 3.

!.Ski Takeshi.!
01-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Look, N64 to GC
had to be the biggest jump in system history.
that was a Revolution in gaming,
PS1 then PS2 same
Xbox then Xbox360 same
GC then Revolution,, stepping outside the box is what makes a good system
the games for this will be awesome, one of a kind, then I bet you PS lovers and Xbox
worshipers will see.

NinjaSniper
01-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I would get a PS3 beacuse the xbox 360 dosn't have any games that are very interesting. I would get the 360 only for Halo 3. But if I had to chose from the three I would get a PS3.

RichardE40k
01-08-2006, 01:57 PM
The problem I have always had with Nintendo is it’s child like cartoon games. I mean admittedly Xbox and PS have these as well like PS’s heroes, like crash bandicoot and spyro, but personally id rather play them than Mario, or Zelda. Which I have just never liked, I will admit they have had some good games like gun but that’s not enough, I enjoyed their games when I was 6. It just does not give me my range of games which I like anymore as an adult.

itachi_64
01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
idd get ps3

[Deathscythe]
01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Well considering neither the PS3 or Revolution are out yet, it can't be said which is the 'best' exactly. Anything I say that you may or may not agree with is just my opinion, do NOT argue what I say (the reason I'm saying this is because I've had enough idiotic people try to argue with me on this same topic, though not in this forum I justwant to make sure it stays that way).

X-Box 360 -- My opinion -- This console is overrated, sure it has excellent specs and it looks better than its predeccessor (though still it's huge and ugly). I don't know why Microsoft released it when they did, they must have known about the rubbish cooling system and couldn't be bothered to fix it.

PS3 -- My opinion -- Very nice, it has great specs and even though it's pretty big it can pull of the look (unlike the 360). Sony had came across the same problem as Microsoft with the overheating and the damn melting of a console you'd pay muchly for (it's to do with all the powerful hardware it uses by the way, for those who don't know at least), the difference between Sony and Microsoft is that Sony weren't lazy like those Microsoft bums and actually fixed the problem.

Revolution -- My opinion -- My favourite, being a fan of Nintendo I suppose my answer is sorta biased but then again it isn't. Nintendo aren't trying to compete with Sony or Microsoft, therefore, the Revolution will NOT be extremely powerful, it may not have the greatest graphics and it may not be HD though that is what Nintendo want as it is what I want. I've always preferred the older consoles to these new machines with super duper "realistic" or so said graphics. The Revolution I feel will be more like the older consoles (ones that truly were revolutionary), this is why I believe the Revolution to be best in my opinion.

Showgan Jin
01-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Ps3, cause of the final fantasy series.

Khanxay
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
']Well considering neither the PS3 or Revolution are out yet, it can't be said which is the 'best' exactly. Anything I say that you may or may not agree with is just my opinion, do NOT argue what I say (the reason I'm saying this is because I've had enough idiotic people try to argue with me on this same topic, though not in this forum I justwant to make sure it stays that way).

Thats basically what i wanted to say. Two of these systems arent even out yet. So we really decide which is best. And for the x-box 360, it was just released and hasnt show what potential it has. Just a release lineup. Thats all it has right now. So we really cant decide anything till they are all out. "they" being each system and several games that came out after the system the system has been released.

Darth Tyranus
01-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I thought you knew I'm an independant game developer for the PC.
It has nothing to do with my cousin. Come now you're 14, you're a home brewer lets not trump this into something it isn't.

RichardE40k
01-08-2006, 06:06 PM
Axeit could still develop pc games at his age.

-Batman-
01-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Aexit, if you create games than you should have a website or a place to download them. So...Link us.

Darth Tyranus
01-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Axeit could still develop pc games at his age. I would imagine the extent of a 14 year old home brewer would be hacks and mods for the most part. I'm not being rude just stating what most homedevelopers do. And even those are hard to do and take a long time.

Starkwynd
01-08-2006, 11:22 PM
My 360 has yet to melt.... I haven't even gotten the overheating warning light yet. I do have a scratched PGR3 disc cause my mom wanted to move my system while it was playing, but other than that it's functioned perfectly. Very happy with it.

Also, not arguing, just identifying that Sony hasn't fixed the overheating problem yet.

[Deathscythe]
01-09-2006, 03:34 AM
The Specs

Xbox 360 System Performance Specifications
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
10 MB of embedded DRAM
48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance
500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate
16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance
48 billion shader operations per second

Memory
512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth
22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance
1 teraflop

Storage
Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O
Support for up to four wireless game controllers
Three USB 2.0 ports
Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online
Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
Built-in Ethernet port
Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
Video camera ready

Digital Media Support
Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
Custom playlists in every game
Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support
All games supported at 16:9, 720p, and 1080i, anti-aliasing
Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio
Multi-channel surround sound output
Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
320 independent decompression channels
32-bit audio processing
Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation
Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates
Interchangeable to personalize the console

PS3
CPU
Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance
2 TFLOPS

Storage
Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O
USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB 2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media
CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Unfortunatly Nintendo aren't giving out the specs to their new console, however, there are a few known facts such as IBM will be creating the CPU "broadway" and a few others I can't list I gotta go xD

<is in college and has to do a test>

(note: The reason for this post is just to let you know the stats of the consoles, sorry if it doesn't belong here)

RichardE40k
01-09-2006, 03:47 AM
True, I was just commenting because I and friends made block games in college, nothing fancy. Personally I never looked at mods or hacks so I would not know how difficult they are, I just don't use them.

The one spec Nintendo have released is that the console will contain the Hollywood ATI graphics card. The 360 contains a higher ATI card and PS3 contains NVIDIA’s secret weapon.

Loljoke
01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Come now you're 14, you're a home brewer lets not trump this into something it isn't.Haha, I've been programming since I was eight years old.
The team's called WindScythe Studios, and we currently haven't got a website, still working on getting someone with broad skills in PHP and HTML to fix the design for us. But what I can give you a link to, is my profile at garagegames, which also says I'm an owner of the Torque SDK.
http://www.garagegames.com/my/home/view.profile.php?qid=58716

Now please do not underestimate me because of my age, it has nothing to do with the fact that I make games.

Now, shall we get back on topic?

Darth Tyranus
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
You have been programming since you were 8 and you dont have anything to show for it?
No games at all? Come on face it it's a hobby, that doesn't make you apart of the industry. The guys who make the mods and hacks or even home brews for the stari systems aren't in the industry, they are programmers but not apart of the larger industy. Which was my point all along.

RichardE40k
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Back on topic. I've just had very nice news of finding out doom 3 will be on the PS3, just as will Quake 4, STALKER and many other pc title FPS games.

Darth Tyranus
01-09-2006, 03:08 PM
That's great ports of PC games that were just ok the first time around, can't wait!

RichardE40k
01-09-2006, 03:24 PM
If you don't like them fine, however I do. No need to be sarcastic.

Loljoke
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
You have been programming since you were 8 and you dont have anything to show for it?
No games at all? Come on face it it's a hobby, that doesn't make you apart of the industry. The guys who make the mods and hacks or even home brews for the stari systems aren't in the industry, they are programmers but not apart of the larger industy. Which was my point all along.If you read my garagegames profile, I've only owned the SDK since October, but I have indeed been programming since I was eight, just not 3D games.
And yeah, I have school and work in addition to this, work for earning money to be able to pay the guys helping me out with the project and school to get good grades for my college degree.
Besides, as long as I make games and are a part of a larger team, that makes me involved with the industry. It basicly means, I'm in the industry.

Now, this ain't a matter of discussion, it's a matter of personal buisness, and I don't need your comments on it, Darth.

Darth Tyranus
01-09-2006, 08:28 PM
It basicly means, I'm in the industry.

Now, this ain't a matter of discussion, it's a matter of personal buisness, and I don't need your comments on it, Darth.
Think what you like but unless you have games published, and real ones at that you are not a part of the industry.

And on an unrelated subject, it would be much easier for me to take you seriously if you didn't have such an emorific avatar. Not to mention your a freshmen, you really don't need to be worrying about college yet.

Hanzo
01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Back on topic. I've just had very nice news of finding out doom 3 will be on the PS3, just as will Quake 4, STALKER and many other pc title FPS games.
That's some interesting news.

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Yea I mean I once thought ID software had become devoted to Microsoft but it was only because they have the hard ware to deal with the games but as the PS3 will be able to play the games on full like the pc can, they will be focusing on both companies, this means we should see Return to castle wolfenstein which is still in development coming to the consoles as well as PC. And THQ's STALKER is interesting, I mean it will be more than amazing when released combing the graphics of fear with the AI. But using the size of something bigger than the game state San Andréa’s, 16 square miles I believe, to the same size of the Chernobyl “zone” site. But it's been put back so much, September 06 now damn it.

Loljoke
01-10-2006, 08:26 AM
And on an unrelated subject, it would be much easier for me to take you seriously if you didn't have such an emorific avatar. Not to mention your a freshmen, you really don't need to be worrying about college yet.Do you think I have it any easier taking you seriously with your avatar?
And what do you know about Norways school system anyway, it's quite different than in many other countries, which also means that I'm not a freshman.

On topic:
It's cool that those games are coming to the PS3, but it's games that I have completed long ago, so it doesn't make me want the PS3 any more than I did before.

nega_knives
01-10-2006, 09:08 AM
ps3 rules over all, nothing can stop the ps3 from powning everything. my point I guess is the ps3 rules over all.

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 10:26 AM
True but its just me Axeit, I mean I have re-played doom 3, 4 - 5 times and I'm playing it again. As long as it's a very good FPS, I can keep it going man ytimes. To each his own lol.

Storm Strife
01-10-2006, 10:56 AM
ps3 rules over all, nothing can stop the ps3 from powning everything. my point I guess is the ps3 rules over all.Got any proof?

Loljoke
01-10-2006, 11:18 AM
True but its just me Axeit, I mean I have re-played doom 3, 4 - 5 times and I'm playing it again. As long as it's a very good FPS, I can keep it going man ytimes. To each his own lol.I agree with you that Doom 3 is a very good game, I've played it through twice myself.
Have you tried Quake 4 yet? That was a dissapointment, it was good. But not great.

Oh and, Darth:

If you're the type who always has something to say to everything, do us all a favor, suck it up, and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. This is getting ridiculous.

kenji_son_of_kenshin
01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
i think the first one im ganna buy will be the Nintendo revolution....in the future i may buy the others as the price goes down as i did with ps2 and xbox but first off im ganna get revolution

Live on Nintendo!!!

Darth Tyranus
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Do you think I have it any easier taking you seriously with your avatar? Don't see why not, phoenix wright is an awesome game.

what do you know about Norways school system anyway, it's quite different than in many other countries, which also means that I'm not a freshman. I don't know mutch about norwars school systems (I didn't even catch that you were from there until about a minute ago). Still I would think norway or not 14 years old seems a bit young to be worried about college.

Oh and, Darth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAeris

If you're the type who always has something to say to everything, do us all a favor, suck it up, and KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. This is getting ridiculous. If you don't want to hear from me get me banned, I honestly wouldn't care since I have been thinking about leaving this site for some time now. The only reason I come at all is to argue, I go to other much better sites to have good conversations.

Loljoke
01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't know mutch about norwars school systems (I didn't even catch that you were from there until about a minute ago). Still I would think norway or not 14 years old seems a bit young to be worried about college.
If you don't want to hear from me get me banned, I honestly wouldn't care since I have been thinking about leaving this site for some time now. The only reason I come at all is to argue, I go to other much better sites to have good conversations.Fair enough.
When I want good conversations I usually go meet my friends, it's a bit more social than ASCII ;)
And besides, I can't get you banned without getting myself a big red warning, so I wouldn't bother.
Honestly, I've been thinking of leaving this forum for good myself, but I don't think I will just yet.

So suit yourself, I'm sure a couple of people would be glad if you stayed.

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Axeit I have played Quake 4. It was very good, but not really the gripping adventure I received of Doom 3. It was just so damn easy. I guess that's what you get with quake, it's always been big guns, lot's of ammo and easy targets. And of course seeing as it uses Doom 3's engine, the Ai was non existent. But still very fun all the same.

PS: College was one of the best years of my life, however I prefer where I am at university lol.

Loljoke
01-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Axeit I have played Quake 4. It was very good, but not really the gripping adventure I received of Doom 3. It was just so damn easy. I guess that's what you get with quake, it's always been big guns, lot's of ammo and easy targets. And of course seeing as it uses Doom 3's engine, the Ai was non existent. But still very fun all the same.

PS: College was one of the best years of my life, however I prefer where I am at university lol.Quake 4 didn't have the feeling that FPS' should have.
Like when you fire guns in Halo, you have that 'Ah, soo good' feeling. You just don't get that with Quake 4, actually you don't get that feeling with most of the FPS' out there, just some of them.

Edit:
Heh, I've got my university degree all laid out already :p

RichardE40k
01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Well it's like FEAR. I know I go on about it a lot but it was one of the only ones of 2005 which actually shouted uniqueness and gave many, not just me, that revitalisation for FPS games. That’s why Half Life 2 and Far Cry did so well, not to say games Like Doom 3 were ignored, but not as original.

Darth Tyranus
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Fair enough.
When I want good conversations I usually go meet my friends, it's a bit more social than ASCII ;)
And besides, I can't get you banned without getting myself a big red warning, so I wouldn't bother.
Honestly, I've been thinking of leaving this forum for good myself, but I don't think I will just yet.

So suit yourself, I'm sure a couple of people would be glad if you stayed. Hardy har har, I have friends as well but most of them know little of games and such. Why would that get you a warning anyway? I don't know I have never tried to get a member here banned. And I'm sure a few folks would miss me but you have the vast majority who would be glad my to be rid of my eva, final fantasy, naruto hating ways.

iheartanime
01-10-2006, 10:26 PM
darth just leave if your thinking about it! dont give everyone's hopes up! but really this must be the only place where you find human interaction, since your personality is so..... (whats the word i'm looking for?) a$$-holying. i had to make a word up to describe your unpleasant personality.

you think you know everything when you really dont. and you constantly call yourself a "true gamer" but heavily favor the nintendo. and you quote too much!

and please dont say people want you to stay, those people are probably your alternate accounts you have for yourself (so no one will suspect how much you really post here, which is already a insane amount)

so let me be the first to say good bye and dont let the door hit your a$$ on the way out!

Darth Tyranus
01-11-2006, 02:32 PM
darth just leave if your thinking about it! dont give everyone's hopes up! but really this must be the only place where you find human interaction, since your personality is so..... (whats the word i'm looking for?) a$$-holying. i had to make a word up to describe your unpleasant personality.

you think you know everything when you really dont. and you constantly call yourself a "true gamer" but heavily favor the nintendo. and you quote too much!

and please dont say people want you to stay, those people are probably your alternate accounts you have for yourself (so no one will suspect how much you really post here, which is already a insane amount)

so let me be the first to say good bye and dont let the door hit your a$$ on the way out! Boo hoo, I'm cying in my cereal someone doesn't like me! Most of what you said is wrong, just dumb assumptions anyway. Let me just explain the thing with ninteno to get it out of the way now, I favor them now. But before this gen I got everything sega. In the future who I like could every will change, and folks act as if I'm the only one who likes one system over the other. Whatever, I don't have to explain myself to you.

-Batman-
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I like Darth, so does Masali (even if he had negitive feeling's twords us...this is the internet people). Are WE alternate accounts? No.

On topic...

I STILL say undecided, because 2 of the consoles aren't even out yet.

Darth Tyranus
01-11-2006, 07:46 PM
The big problem here is people take me to seriously, I'm just an irritable sort. Oh and darktwilight likes me so we have three people now.;) And You all know I'm fans of you all as well. This board only has a handful of smart members so it isn't hard to pick them out.

Mushrambo
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
PS3 for me. Even though it isn't out yet the Playstation series is by far the one I trust most. To me the other systems r kinda all about the graphics and not the storyline on the games which make them kinda boring and dull after awhile. The PS games have awesome storylines to me^_^

Darth Tyranus
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
What!? That doesn't make any sense at all just because its on the playstation doesn't mean it will have a good story and sony pushed the emotion graphics engine hard as hell when the ps2 came out. But I guess expecting folks on this forum to be coherent or know anything is a pipe dream.

RichardE40k
01-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Well to be fair Darth PS2 was not as advanced as the Xbox but I can see where Mushrambo is coming from, it did have a lot more story indulgent game than the Xbox, or it seems that way, however now it will be overflowing for graphics with the ps3 with most if not all its games planned to be very high end quality.

Loljoke
01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
EDIT:
Ignore this post.

enigma unit 01
01-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Why do people argue about these kind of things? Have you played the PS3 or the Revolution? If you have, then feel free to say which is better, but until then, this is pointless as we dont actually know which is better. Only fanboys would argue about something like this.

Sailor Julie
01-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Revolution. Nintendo and I go way back.