PDA

View Full Version : Those Great shows we used to love

Lon
10-13-2005, 02:04 PM
By gone are the days of the 80's, and gone are the days of the greatest TV shows ever to be known to man! (or atleast in my opinion as it is my generation that had these shows.)

Personally, TV programing now days just doesn't seem to live up to the calibur and quality (maybe not of animation but of content) of the TV shows of the 80's and early 90's. Random humor is fun, but we just don't seem to have a lot of great stuff now days. Albeit the exception of maybe Kim Possible and a few others.

Ever notice how the motto of the 80's TV childrens programing was "Never grow up" and "Kids can do anything" or "Kids are can be in power and can do the same stuff grown ups can do" How awesome was those days?! A lot of the 80's tv shows and tv comercials during that time reflected this. Take the old Toys R Us jingle "I don't wanna grow up....I'm a toys r us kid" as your proof.

What even more is amazing, is now children of the 80's *my generation* are starting to come into power. So a lot of the gold old shows are starting to make a come back. My jaw dropped the day I saw a "Popple" in a toy store again. I LOVED the Popples and owned a large collection of them! The purple was my favorite. Is this a coinsciedence that the "old school" shows are making a comeback on tv and re-entering the market via Hot Topics and toys again??? Probably not.

I just want to test your knowledge. How many of these shows do you remember from when you were a kid? Furhtermore... how many more have I left out, can you remember?

Berenstein Bears
Care Bears
Pin Wheel
Reading Rainbow
Seasemi Street (I love the Count! ah ah ah...)
Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood
You Can't Do THAT On Television?
Double Dare & Family Double Dare
Heman
Shera
My Little Ponies Adventures
Barbi!
G.I. Joe! The Real American Hero
Ghost Busters
The REAL Ghost busters
Peter Pan and the Pirates
Peter Pan (there was another peter pan show on about the same time as the one above... I'm not sure of its working title, but it didn't last as long as Pete and the Pirates.)
The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (remember when steve irkle did his voice? This was the one that had the Princess in it, and was a fairly dark plot for a kids show.)
Sonic The Hedgehog (the more cartoonie one.)
Popples
Gumi Bears Adventures!
Teddy Ruxpen!
Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers
Transformers
The Get-Along Gang
The Bloodhound Gang
Punkie Brewster
Pippy Longstocking
The animated show of Punkie Brewster
The Animated show of Pippy Longstocking
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Mask!
Thunder Cats
Goof Troop
Duck Tales -The Movie
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Finders Keepers
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? -The animated show
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? - The Game Show -first 2 seasons. the rest got stupid.
Ren & Stimpy
Eruika's Castle (yeah I was about 10 maybe 13 when this was popular but the show had a catchy tune and it was all about Megellon*sp?* anyways.)
Knights of the Roundtable- it was an Autherian legend spin off.
Visionaries??? (Help me here guys... I know the show but I'm fuzzy on the name. Everyone in the show had a plate with a holographic monster or animal on it....and they could call the animal forth from the plate to do battle or something... the show was popular around 1986- maybe 1988??)
The Knights of Trin-inough
Kids In Corperated
Power House
X-men
Spiderman
The Fantastic Four!
Short Curcit*sp?* - I think was the name.. had the character Glitch was completely computer 3d animated. Lasted several seasons. Aired in the mid 1990s. All the characters were programs or viruses inside a computer.
Wishbone- I think was early to mid 90's.
Doug - the non disney version
Rocko's modern life
Strawbery Shortcake
Rainbow Bright
The Light Bright Comercial! (the tune still gets stuck in my head)
The Legend of Zelda - Well Excuuuuuuuuse me Princess
Super Mario World
The Super Mario Brothers Show
Captan N -The Game Master

......brain dead.... Anything I missed that you can think of that you loved and miss?

mokulen22
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Edit: I took out my rant 'cause I'm going to make another thread.

I remember all those shows--I loved them all. Smurfs and Can't do that on Television were the best! :p Man, you got most of the ones I would have said...humm...

Remember: (if I repeat some sorries)

Zorro (not the black and white one...the other one. If you're Canadian it played on YTV)

The Little Mermaid (remember when the prince had to drink some "special" water to breath under water?)
Today's Special (I'm pretty sure this was a low-budge channel 2 show)
Muppets (not sure if you had this one or not)
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Jem (JEM IS HER NAME! NOONE ELSE IS THE SAME!)
Beetlejuice
Bernstein Bears
C.O.P.S. (I loved this show!)
the Gummi Bears

Garfield and Friends

Heathcliff

Inspector Gadget

The Little Prince (boring as hell but I still remember watching it)

Mario Bros. (the live-action one)

Maya The Bee (was that anime?)

My Pet Monster

Punky Brewster

Thundercats

Smurfs

Lon
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
>.< How could I ahve forgotten the smurfs!

SamuraiGirl13
10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
You forgot the Thunder Cats. I used to love those guys.

mokulen22
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I just updated my list--it's on there. *thumbs up*

Eris
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Haha, i remember M.A.S.K. That rocked.

SamuraiGirl13
10-13-2005, 03:41 PM
thanks.

Lon
10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
I didn't forget thundercats. You CANT forget thundercats! Trust me. its up there.

Oh yes.. Add the Mr. and Miss Pacman show to the list.

Flintstone KIDS
The one scooby doo show where they were all kids.
Bird Man!
Space Ghost
Go Bots!
what others can I think of...

Oooh yes... Cartoon Express. ...wasn't a show...but hell yes it rocked!
Hong Kong Fooy
Muppet Babies
>.< I'm a dork for missing Alvin and the Chipmonks.

what else is there...

Naokomi ShYana
10-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Hmm Beavis and Butthead? xD Haha I actually miss that show..Anyways. >.>

omg! You missed

Ahhh! Real Monsters

That was like my favorite show.

ranma_my_luv
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
when i was little i watched sailor moon, lmao, thats kinda sad...

Keitaru-san
10-13-2005, 08:11 PM
hmmm, well
hono koshi chobin(star boy chobin)
miti coman(im not sure if it spelled right)
star blazers
honey bee neko
captain tsubasa
transformers
Pat the postman
and a germany series i forgot what is called it was a man who was a woodturner and had a animated little friend which could go invisible, i liked that program.

-Batman-
10-13-2005, 08:44 PM
heres a list of my favorites

Thundercats-THUNDER CATS HHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Silver Hawks-Just because it was on before thundercats
The Adventures of sonic the Hedgehog- I loved thiss as a child, more so than the cartoon sonic
G-Force- It was power-rangers, but animated and they had better fasion sense
The Pirates of Darkwater- All hail Niddler, the monkey-bird god!
Power Rangers- the original one...Go go power rangers do do do do do
Super Mario Brothers power hour!- Swing your arms, from side to side come to the mario....
Rocko's moddern life- Mr Big Head is my father in cartoon version.
Doug- Doug owns, but disney got there hands on it.
The Legend of Zelda-heh....there were only 2 peices of the triforce...that show sucked hard...reeallll hard. Link could pull the universe out of his pocket if he so willed it.
Hong Kong Fooy-The only living being who could defeat bruce lee!
Roughnecks- A 3D star ship troopers spin off...it pwned
G.I. JOE- GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOE!!
Spider-Man- My favorite show growing up, i loved spiderman.
X-Men- God in animated form
Reboot- Come on, the main characters name is Bob, how can it now pwn.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Shredder was my Idol!
Wayne Head- i forgot all about this show up untill i saw this topic >_>
2 Stupid Dogs- Same as wayne head...i forgot about it
Transformers- self explanatory
Beast Wars- Gotta love the raptor guy...whos name slips my mind at the moment.

there are others...but i can't think of them at the moment.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-13-2005, 08:58 PM
OMG .. 'Rocko's Modern Life'. I loved that show. If they started playing it again, I'd watch it.

Did you forget 'Ren and Stimpy'? .. I thought that show was funny .. happy happy joy joy .. XD .. although I still don't know which one is a dog and which one is a cat.

And there used to be this one show on Nickelodeon (sp?) with these kids that worked at this summer camp with their boss or whatever. Does anyone remember what that show was called? It was on there for a while .. then eventually it got taken off the air. ><

Naokomi ShYana
10-13-2005, 09:06 PM
OMG .. 'Rocko's Modern Life'. I loved that show. If they started playing it again, I'd watch it.

Did you forget 'Ren and Stimpy'? .. I thought that show was funny .. happy happy joy joy .. XD .. although I still don't know which one is a dog and which one is a cat.

And there used to be this one show on Nickelodeon (sp?) with these kids that worked at this summer camp with their boss or whatever. Does anyone remember what that show was called? It was on there for a while .. then eventually it got taken off the air. ><omgomg! Yeahh Camp onawana loll or something like that

Andd The nickalodeon show
Are You Afraid of the Dark?

That show used to scare me back in the day haha

Angel~Eyes
10-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh my gosh, I loved so many of those old cartoons/shows...I am definetely going to be repeating some already mentioned, but here are my favourites,

Inspector Gadget
Samurai Pizza Cats
Rainbow Bright
Shera
Heman
X-Men
The Smurfs
Fraggle Rock (Loved this one)
Today's Special *It was so great*
Astro
Sesame Street/Muppets
Transformers
The Flinstones
Dinosaurs (was that what it was called? The one with the baby who always hit his dad's head with a frying pan..ha ha ha Classic)
Thunder Cats
Reboot *Still like it today ^_~*
My Pet Monster
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Mario Brothers Power Hour
The Legend of Zelda *Great quote lon*
Care Bears
Teddy Ruxpen
Strawberry Shortcake
The ORIGINAL Power Rangers
My Little Pony
What A Mess!
Ghost Busters
Are You Afraid of the Dark

Oh goodness, that's a long list, but they were all sooo great^^

Luv Angel Eyes

Anime is poison
10-13-2005, 11:43 PM
The Turtles were awesome, I still have about 20 episodes on VHS and DVD. You can get seasons one and two on DVD right now, so go for it. The rest I remember slightly except for one or two of them, but I would have included the Snorks, and Fantastic Max.

Mistress Koneko
10-14-2005, 12:03 AM
oh man.....so many shows! so many memories! damn I watched a lot of TV as a kid XD are we just talking cartoons or are we talking shows too? here's a few I didn't see on the lists

Justice Friends
Captain Kangaroo
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
A-Team (I pity da foo' who doesn't remember this show!)
Mr.T's cartoon show with those kids....
ANIMANIACS!!! ( I loved that show!)
Battle of the Planets
Voltron
Go-Bots
Knight Rider
Silver Spoons
Diff'rent Strokes
Pee Wee's Playhouse
Mickey Mouse Club
Gargoyles

I looked at the lists so far and I have seen almost all of them....how scary is that?!

Lon
10-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Here's another I forgot! Captain Planet! He's our hero... gonna take polution down to Zero!

And Dino-Saucers!

Jem and the Holograms! I must say the ONE cool thing about Jem was... The show was an american done magical girl/ teen pop star show. America was doing something that Japan was at roughly the same time! And Jem even had a transformation sequence!

Camp Candy
Salute Your Shorts!
Hey Dude!
Little House of Horrors
Count Duckula
Bannana Man
Danger Mouse
Teen Wolf
Little Jinx
Casper
Archie and Friends
The Littles
Pete and Pete

DarkPrinceBman
10-14-2005, 12:20 AM
well the only ones i really can remember are
AH Real Monsters
Rockos Mondern Life
and Red And Stimpy

Lon
10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Tiney Tunes
Mighty Max...

Both shows ahead of their times... Both would do great now days if brought back. Normal was Sooooo Cool from Mighty Max "Zombies! I eat Zombies for....ermm ... Nevermind."

The Addams Family Cartoon. Both of them.

Swat Cats!

Prince Sapphire
10-14-2005, 01:22 AM
So many awesome shows! I don't even know where to begin, so for the sake of the thread I wont even try
But I did want to add just one more I think you missed: Pinky & The Brain! I loved that show...

"Yes Pinky, the same thing we do every night...try to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!"

The way they bluntly portrayed evil was just hilarious! :D

BloodyRamune
10-14-2005, 04:36 AM
ANIMANIACS!!! ( I loved that show!) *sob* I miss it... It was the funniest show ever.

Swat Cats! Oh, yeah! I remember I was addicted to it. Chance and Jake were my heroes, and the reason why I like cats. ^_^

Now let's see...
Freakazoid
The Mask
Pinky and the Brain <3
The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo
Little Dracula
The Addams Family
The Smurfs
...and that's all I can think of now.

Edit: And Taz-Mania! How could I have possibly forgotten about it!

"Taz hate water!"

The Wing Man
10-14-2005, 04:37 AM
Too many good shows.

Lon
10-14-2005, 04:40 AM
Oh yes... Tazmania! ...Duh!

Also Toonsilvania

-bumped-

The Wing Man
10-14-2005, 04:43 AM
That sweet spiderman cartoon was pretty cool in the 90's.

teed
10-14-2005, 04:58 AM
omgomg! Yeahh Camp onawana loll or something like that

Andd The nickalodeon show
Are You Afraid of the Dark?

That show used to scare me back in the day haha
hey i loved that show(are you afraid of the dark?)
too bad cant see it again!!

Piper
10-14-2005, 06:24 AM
xD OH HO! This thread SO brings back my childhood. I used to LOVE watching:

Alex Mack
Muppet Babies
Alegra's Window
Captain Planet
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Mighty Max (Doody Diapers!) xD!
Salute your Shorts
The Little Bits! (We're the little bits. They're all aroooound we're the little bits!) xD!!

Heh.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-14-2005, 08:10 AM
omgomg! Yeahh Camp onawana loll or something like thatOMG that's it! <3 ... that show was awesome. I want it to come back so badly.

Oh yeah, and the show 'Doug' ... (I know someone said it already O_o) .. I loved that show. But why was his friend Skeeter blue? .. and that one kid was green, and yet Doug and everyone else was white .... =\

OH! And 'Cousin Skeeter'. XD .. does anyone remember that? He was like a puppet and he lived with real people ... and yet they never realized he was a puppet .. I wonder if his parents were puppets .. or they were half-puppet and I never realized it ..

Oh-so-mysterious. =P

Piper
10-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Anyone remember Ralph? The talking puppet that lived with real people? He always hid behind something. xD Cause a hand was so controling him. Or what about Full-House? Or.. Family Matters, oh and.. Step-by-Step.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Ehhhh, Ralph sounds kind of familiar. Unless I'm just thinking about Alf. ^^;;

I loved Full House. Wasn't so much into Step-by-Step, though. Too many people on that show, I could never keep track. I never knew which kids were brothers and sisters, and which ones were just friends.

mokulen22
10-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Did any one mention Ghost Writer?

A few that might only have appeared here in Canada

Degressi Jr High/High (OMG! How did I forget this! I'm so obessed!)
Take Part (they could make anything out of garbage!)
Shinning Time Station

Amix
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Man, I miss Ren and Stimpy, but I miss the three stooges the most. I used to watch that when I was younger with my grandma every night..And Ren and Stimpy..Man that show was just hillarious, lol. And Cousin Skeeter was awsome!! I want all those shows to come back. I miss them. --Tear.-- o_o

SamuraiGirl13
10-14-2005, 08:44 AM
The one scooby doo show where they were all kids. It's called A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Piper
10-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Ehhhh, Ralph sounds kind of familiar. Unless I'm just thinking about Alf. ^^;;

I loved Full House. Wasn't so much into Step-by-Step, though. Too many people on that show, I could never keep track. I never knew which kids were brothers and sisters, and which ones were just friends.
Omg, I so meant Alf. ;_; You know, it's been so long.. I was close!

SamuraiGirl13
10-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Okay, these are 90s shows but they were awesome:
Are You Afraid Of the Dark?
My Cousin Skeeter
That show with al of the slime... What was it?
The Real Jet Jackson
That one about the girl who solved mysterys... You know, on Nickelodeon
Clarissa Explains it all (I used to think me and Clarissa had a lot in common)
And that show on NickTeen...I think it's Catlin's Way?

mokulen22
10-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Anyone remember All Stars!* "Bo, knows Baseball!" OMAL!!!! I think that show lasted all of like 6 episodes...haha.

*that's the right name, right?

retro
10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Red Dwarf
Transformers
Mutant Ninja Turtles
Bucky'O Hare
Power Rangers
Mario

Tsuna Kadiri
10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
That show with al of the slime... What was it?I think you mean Double Dare. With the families and all the ... slime. X3 Hehe.

And how could I forget ... 'Kenan And Kel'. <3 ... I forget what store they use to work at. Was the bosses name Mark or something like that? I remember that he was like 30 something and lived with his mother... lol.
Oh, and Kel's orange soda. XD

Lon
10-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Dear god... speaking of Jr. High... What was that one Nick show.. o.O I think it was nickolodian, That was all about Middle School? I'm drawing complete blanks, but it was like a scetch comedy too. probably was on tv between 1995 and 1997

While I'm thinking bout it, saved by the bell too.

DUuuuuude Bucky O'hare and the Space Pirates YESSSSS! Rock on man! I forgot bout that show!

And the slime thing was huge in the 80's with nickolodian. It was eather Double Dare/Family Double Dare. OR it could have been You Can't Do THAT on Television! (Remember the firing squad skits???) YCDT started the entire slime thing really.

Regex
10-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm shocked and amazed..

My favorites:
Duck Tales
The Muppet Show (None of that baby junk)
Looney Toons - Yes, the ORIGINALS. Those have been reran so many times over the years...
Inspector Gadget
The Super Mario Brothers Super Show
Captain N

And, from not so far back... How about The Tick? That's a show that should have been kept around a little longer..

Piper
10-14-2005, 03:22 PM
The Muppet Show (None of that baby junk)

You were too old to fully appreciate Muppet Babies.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Ohhhhh.. what was that one show .. with the blue and pink bunny, they had something to do with the Looney Tunes, but they were all younger. I can't remember the name ..

Piper
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Ohhhhh.. what was that one show .. with the blue and pink bunny, they had something to do with the Looney Tunes, but they were all younger. I can't remember the name ..

Tiny Toons. oo;

Eris
10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
McGyver. That guy could do anything with a paper clip and a piece of gum. Really miss it.

Boo
10-14-2005, 04:01 PM
Rean And stimpy,Rockos Modern Life and All that.I didnt really watch T.V. back then.

AnimeLegend!713
Zorro
Ren and Stimpy
Thunder Cats....just a 3 of my favorites.I like a lot more though.

Tsuna Kadiri
Tiny Toons. oo;Ah, I remember now. <3 ... they never play that show anymore, either.

There was another show called David The Gnome I used to watch when I was little little .. I don't even remember what the show was about. It was just him, his wife, and a fox. Strange. X3

Kewii
10-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I didn't see anyone mention Denver the Last Dinosaur or My Pet Monster. Does anyone remember those shows?

I loved them as a kid.

Keitaru-san
10-14-2005, 04:29 PM
i think i watched one them klutz, can you describe them plese.

SamuraiGirl13
10-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Who loves Orange soda? Man how could I have forgotten that show? It was so funny! Oh and thanks for telling me the show was Double Dare Tsuna.

Moon Helix Avatar
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Astro Boy, Kimba(simba?) the white Lion, Unico the unicorn is like ainchant and I barely recall.
Could NOT stand the Letter ppl!
Rambo the cartoon....remember that?! lol
CBS Story Break
Dungeons & Dragons
Fraggle Rock
Cap N the game master was a fave of mine lol
Nintendo power hour
Inspector Gadgit
Conan
JEM.......all you girls left that out...can't belive that!! lmao
Pole Position(old school as it gets!)

Thats about all I can think of right now, all these were cool though.Wow this is quite a walk down memory lane lol

Piper
10-14-2005, 05:01 PM
What is Jem about? oo;

Hey, does anyone remember a show that came on nick.. Like, a long long long long time ago.. It was about this girl, who had a kowala bear outside her tree, and she would rub noses with him, and he would come to life? ;_; Anyone remember that show?

Or or or.. This show that used to come on UPN.. It was about these two boys, and two girls, and they would transform into these super people, but they were GIANTS fightning monsters and stuff.. oo; And they would be like "SCORPIO!" to change into the Giant hero thing?

harakiri
10-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I used to watch most of those shows.I like all of them.

Prince Sapphire
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
...The Little Bits! (We're the little bits. They're all aroooound we're the little bits!) xD!!

Heh. Piper, you're now my new best friend! That was one of my most favorite shows!

And believe it or not, The Little Bits is actually...*drum roll* ...anime!!
Yes indeed, I did some research a few months back and found out that it was origionally shown in Japan under a rather long title that I already forgot. o.o

Lon
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
OMG Denver and David the Gnome! ...How could I forget these shows.. they rocked so much!

OMG... the qualla... yes.. I remember that show. They would always go on these wild and tripped out adventures all over the place... WHAT was it called?!
I was like maybe 7 or 8 I think when it was out... so that had to put the show being on the air between 1986 and 1989. To allow a few years buffer either way.

Kewii
10-14-2005, 07:59 PM
i think i watched one them klutz, can you describe them plese.
Well, Denver the Last Dionsaur is sort of self-explanatory. His name was Denver. He was the last dinosaur. He was green, I believe.

My Pet Monster was about a stuffed monster, who was actually a real monster. There were handcuffs involved I believe. I think when the cuffs were on, he was a toy. And there was always this bigger monster trying to get him.

Lon
10-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Also there was Pocket Monster too. Not to be confused with Pokemon. They were classic movie monsters like dracula and mummy etc who were pocket sized and went on adventures in this kids room.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I remember watching a cartoon about Spiderman and his Super Friends or something like that. XD I don't remember their names, but one guy was like Iceman and the other one was Firestar, and they'd fight crime together. I think my brother still has the movies.

Myrra
10-15-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm really rather lazy..ok, I'm also in a hurry.
I don't know that it was mentioned or not, but there used to be a series of shorts that ran on CBS called School House Rock.
I loved it. Conjunction, junction, What's your function?
They taught you English grammar as well as how a bill went through congress and lots of other things. Not to mention some of those songs were quite catchy.
Fraggle Rock...did anyone mention that show? I loved it. So cute.

Piper, you never heard of JEM?? How insane is that!?!?
She was the best!! An alternative to the evils of Barbie. She was in a rock band. And could change costumes quickly cos of some sort of holographic device. I can't really recall much of it now, other than I really loved it.
Though there is now a singer from Wales who's name really is Jem. O_o

And Klutzy, the My Pet Monster came with cute little hand cuffs that he broke out of. Cool pet!!! I wanted one, but I was too old.

Does anyone recall the Garbage Pail Kids?
the antithesis of the Cabbage Patch Kids, which I think was also a cartoon.

*edit* Tsuna it was called Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. It had Iceman and Firestar as his friends. Aunt May never suspected a thing in that neat room they had that converted to a secret headquarters

ranma_my_luv
10-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm really rather lazy..ok, I'm also in a hurry.
I don't know that it was mentioned or not, but there used to be a series of shorts that ran on CBS called School House Rock.
I loved it. Conjunction, junction, What's your function?
They taught you English grammar as well as how a bill went through congress and lots of other things. Not to mention some of those songs were quite catchy.
Fraggle Rock...did anyone mention that show? I loved it. So cute.

Piper, you never heard of JEM?? How insane is that!?!?
She was the best!! An alternative to the evils of Barbie. She was in a rock band. And could change costumes quickly cos of some sort of holographic device. I can't really recall much of it now, other than I really loved it.
Though there is now a singer from Wales who's name really is Jem. O_o

And Klutzy, the My Pet Monster came with cute little hand cuffs that he broke out of. Cool pet!!! I wanted one, but I was too old.

Does anyone recall the Garbage Pail Kids?
the antithesis of the Cabbage Patch Kids, which I think was also a cartoon.

*edit* Tsuna it was called Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. It had Iceman and Firestar as his friends. Aunt May never suspected a thing in that neat room they had that converted to a secret headquarters

omg Myrra, i <3 school house rock, and oddly enough, my school is putting on a musical using those songs this year, why i dont know.
oh gawd! they are stuck in my head.....conjunction junction whats ur function? hookin up words and phrases and clauses.... please kill me

Keitaru-san
10-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Well, Denver the Last Dionsaur is sort of self-explanatory. His name was Denver. He was the last dinosaur. He was green, I believe.

My Pet Monster was about a stuffed monster, who was actually a real monster. There were handcuffs involved I believe. I think when the cuffs were on, he was a toy. And there was always this bigger monster trying to get him.
well i think i saw the denver one, thanks, who remembers chobin? about a little with thingy from moon, and his arch enemy was a big bat?

oh and the another show a boy from stars, who cam to earth and was wondering through towns and cities, i was like 6-7 when i watched it.

Myrra
10-15-2005, 12:41 PM
omg Myrra, i <3 school house rock, and oddly enough, my school is putting on a musical using those songs this year, why i dont know.
oh gawd! they are stuck in my head.....conjunction junction whats ur function? hookin up words and phrases and clauses.... please kill me
*laughs evilly* Bwahahahahahaha!!
I meant to do that!

And I'm sad to say, I rememeber nearly every show mentioned here.
I'll stress nearly. I think some I blissfully forgot on purpose!

The Wing Man
10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
The old school days of power rangers.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-15-2005, 02:51 PM
*edit* Tsuna it was called Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. It had Iceman and Firestar as his friends. Aunt May never suspected a thing in that neat room they had that converted to a secret headquartersAh, I was close. I thought Iceman had a detailed name like Icewizard or something. ^_^;;

Power Rangers? Bleh, weird show. My brother had all the little action figures and I used to play with them and make them live with my stuffed animals. =P Them and those G.I. Joe's. Haha.

There were those two guys that were like the idiots that dressed in leather and were always making fun of the Power Rangers, but the Rangers always ended up saving them. I don't remember their names. XD

Lon
10-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Here we go with more! This thread seems to refuse to die.

Bobby's World
Voltron
umm.... CraP! brain died...

Ah yes.. aNd now for all the scooby doo clones:

Josie and the Pussy Cats
Jabber Jaw
I dont know the shows name but they had the talking off road car named Speedy. At least I think it was named speedy o.O

Alvin and the chipmonks - The Movie! Around the world in 80 days!

Prince Sapphire
10-17-2005, 11:18 AM
There were those two guys that were like the idiots that dressed in leather and were always making fun of the Power Rangers, but the Rangers always ended up saving them. I don't remember their names. XDBulk and Skull! They're one of the main reasons I watched that show! :D

ladyanime
10-17-2005, 11:34 AM
hey,hello ya all forgot x-men,gargoyles power rangers (original)ext.

SesshoumaruOtaku
10-17-2005, 12:23 PM
I remember....

Berenstein Bears
Care Bears
Reading Rainbow
Sesame Street
Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood
Double Dare & Family Double Dare
Heman
My Little Pony's Adventures
G.I. Joe! The Real American Hero
Ghost Busters
The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (I liked this one better)
Sonic The Hedgehog
Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers
Transformers
Pippy Longstocking
The Animated show of Pippy Longstocking
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I was soooo obsessed with this when I was a kid XD )
Thunder Cats
Goof Troop
Duck Tales -The Movie
Duck Tales
Darkwing Duck
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? -The animated show
Ren & Stimpy
Eurika's Castle
Knights of the Roundtable
X-men (Used to be obsessed with this as well XD )
Spiderman
The Fantastic Four!
Short Curcit
Doug - the non disney version (The Disney version sucks)
Rocko's Modern Life
The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario World
The Super Mario Brothers Show

You forgot about Trolls, and Reboot, never forget the REBOOT! That was the best show ever.

mokulen22
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
well i think i saw the denver one, thanks, who remembers chobin? about a little with thingy from moon, and his arch enemy was a big bat?

oh and the another show a boy from stars, who cam to earth and was wondering through towns and cities, i was like 6-7 when i watched it.
I think that was "The Little Prince"

Sweet Lucidity
10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
cow and chicken and i think it was called Fantastic Max or something
everything else i can think of are allready up there

Darth Tyranus
10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
There is only one show i miss and it has a much better run than any of the shows listed, mystery science theater 3000 it was on for 10 years but boy so i miss it.

Tsuna Kadiri
10-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Bobby's WorldI loved that show! <3 I remember he had either some crazy grandpa or grandma or .. something like that. Bobby was so cute.

Mystery Science Theater was cool. They still play it on the Sci-Fi channel I think. I don't watch that channel too much, though.

TodayIsMine
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM
i watched shows from the 90s...mainly cuz i was born in 89 lol. umm, my fav show from the old days was TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURLES!!!!! and power rangers....i think i've done this before lol.

Marie2007
10-17-2005, 04:34 PM
I miss a lot of those shows but mostly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Washiko
10-18-2005, 07:55 PM
The Elephant show? (skiddamarinkidinkidink... skiddamarinkidu... I love you...) tell me someone else knows it?

And LAMBCHOP... you know, the Song that Never Ends? lol

Otherwise, exactly what you all have... gummy bears... captain planet... Power Rangers (the original of course!)... Care bears... um... Madeline... a pup named Scooby Doo... Scooby doo... etc.

Gizoku
10-18-2005, 11:35 PM
hmm Are You Afraid of The Dark... loved that show.

Darrmyth
10-18-2005, 11:50 PM
I loved are you afraid of the dasrk that was such a good show

TodayIsMine
10-19-2005, 05:45 AM
hey i saw someone talking about Bobby's World...i loved that show too lol.

mokulen22
10-19-2005, 07:49 AM
The Elephant show? (skiddamarinkidinkidink... skiddamarinkidu... I love you...) tell me someone else knows it?

And LAMBCHOP... you know, the Song that Never Ends? lol

Otherwise, exactly what you all have... gummy bears... captain planet... Power Rangers (the original of course!)... Care bears... um... Madeline... a pup named Scooby Doo... Scooby doo... etc.
I remember the Elephant Show! Sharon, Lois, and Bram!! They were the best! :awe:

Washiko
10-19-2005, 09:30 AM
... I just know the song... lol

MistressPookyChan
10-19-2005, 09:47 AM
This is haaaaaaard. I loved Nickelodon shows like "You can't say that on television" (I dont know! *slimed*) and "Double Dare", as well as the classic cartoons like David the Gnome. I also loved Samurai Pizza Cats, Care Bears, and Fraggle Rock.

Super Llama
03-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Freakazoid. I LOVE Freakazoid, and the fact that it was cancelled after only two seasons, combined with the knowledge that so far nobody's thought to release a DVD greatly depresses me.

"Hey. Cut it out."

xena
07-23-2006, 02:11 PM
wat about goosebumps and monster rancher? i used to love them! (wait, were they out in the 80s or the 90s???)