PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Duke Nukem?

Raimego
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
What the hell happened to Duke Nukem? It was awsome, the creators better make a new Duke Nukem game!:badrazz:

Angel Andrews
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
i agrea that game was fun!

Remie-chan
09-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Definetly....I actually enjoyed playing tha game when it was on N64...But, I havent heard about the game in awhile...

Darth Tyranus
09-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Duke nukem forever was announed almost 8 years ago, and recent rumors have been spreading for a next gen game. But really who the hell knows.

Marie2007
09-29-2005, 07:48 PM
yeah what ever happened to it i enjoyed playing it and then it just vanished.

Saint Mana
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition still reigns as one of the best 3D Shooters ever. I love that game! Anyway, I think a Duke Nukem movie would be sweet. Even better if they could get Swarzenegger to star in it. To bad he is busy pretending to be a Governer.

[BlackDeath]
09-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Duke nukem forever was announed almost 8 years ago, and recent rumors have been spreading for a next gen game. But really who the hell knows.Really!? 8 years old, cause i've seen some screen shots for it and looks pretty good in terms of graphics. Though I doubt it is gonna be released in the end.

Duke Nukem 2 was pretty fun, but the N64 one was the best <3

red storm
09-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Over here we don't even call it Duke Nuken forever anymore, we call it Duke Nukem whenever.

S_C_L-1
09-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition still reigns as one of the best 3D Shooters ever. I love that game! Anyway, I think a Duke Nukem movie would be sweet. Even better if they could get Swarzenegger to star in it. To bad he is busy pretending to be a Governer.

actually... i read in a gaming magazine that they were making 1...

altho... that was about 7 years ago...

i basically just stopped caring... duke nukem wasnt that great a game to begin with...... it was OK for a "shoot-em-up"... but it doesnt go any further than that... not to mention that the plot sounds like something coming from a 13 year old boys crotch... seriously...

Saint Mana
09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
i basically just stopped caring... duke nukem wasnt that great a game to begin with...... it was OK for a "shoot-em-up"... but it doesnt go any further than that... not to mention that the plot sounds like something coming from a 13 year old boys crotch... seriously...
It was never about the plot. It was about guns, aliens, and the aftermath. It was so simple, yet so perfect. I mean, who doesn't like whipping out the Chaingun and goring dozens of aliens?

S_C_L-1
09-30-2005, 02:47 AM
It was never about the plot. It was about guns, aliens, and the aftermath. It was so simple, yet so perfect. I mean, who doesn't like whipping out the Chaingun and goring dozens of aliens?

thus the "shoot-em-up" part of my post...

anyway... nowadays, the plot has become more and more important for videogames...

Mousie
09-30-2005, 03:59 AM
i think he died

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-30-2005, 07:43 AM
Duke Nukem was my favorite game. It still would be if they hadn't came out with the Halo games. The made a Duke Nukem game after Duke64(Nintendo 64) called "Duke Nukem Time To Kill" I think It wasn't as good as Duke64 though. It would be awesome if they made another Duke Nukem gaem for like the XBox360 or something.

S_C_L-1
09-30-2005, 09:09 AM
Duke Nukem was my favorite game. It still would be if they hadn't came out with the Halo games. The made a Duke Nukem game after Duke64(Nintendo 64) called "Duke Nukem Time To Kill" I think It wasn't as good as Duke64 though. It would be awesome if they made another Duke Nukem gaem for like the XBox360 or something.

actually... you might have just stumbled upon the reason for the discontinuity... time to kill sucked >_<

Darth Tyranus
09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Time to kill was the tomb raider rip off wasn't it?

i think he died
Please if you don't know anything don't post.

anyway... nowadays, the plot has become more and more important for videogames...
No they haven't not in the least, some games need plots the Duke was not a game that did. Same with doom 3 or countless other action games.

Really!? 8 years old, cause i've seen some screen shots for it and looks pretty good in terms of graphics. Though I doubt it is gonna be released in the end.

I said it was announced 8 years ago i have no idea how long it has been in development and i would imagine development stopped years ago. If a next gen game is in the works they would have most likely started up development from scratch.

S_C_L-1
10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
No they haven't not in the least, some games need plots the Duke was not a game that did. Same with doom 3 or countless other action games.

Well... i hope that you ppl agree that a plot like that wont bring in many new gamers... and a video game that clings only to ol'skoo players wont really make it that far...

"aliens captured all the earths hot women to make them their sex-slaves! im gonna blow them the hell up WITHOUT saving more than 3 women for my own personal 'use'..."

Darth Tyranus
10-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Well... i hope that you ppl agree that a plot like that wont bring in many new gamers... and a video game that clings only to ol'skoo players wont really make it that far...

"aliens captured all the earths hot women to make them their sex-slaves! im gonna blow them the hell up WITHOUT saving more than 3 women for my own personal 'use'..."It would be better if you just stopped talking because you clearly don't know what you're yammering about. You have no idea why people buy the games they do, just because YOU play games with deep plots doesn't mean everyone does or wants to.

glass_angel_kikyou
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
i don't know, i liked duke nukem. twas a fun game. o well. *sigh*

S_C_L-1
10-01-2005, 11:38 PM
It would be better if you just stopped talking because you clearly don't know what you're yammering about. You have no idea why people buy the games they do, just because YOU play games with deep plots doesn't mean everyone does or wants to.

*coughs* i actually own all the duke nukem games up to Atomic edition (plus 2 add-on cds)

Darth Tyranus
10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
And that would have what to do with you not knowing what gamers want?

kny
10-02-2005, 11:40 AM
he's dead XD lol

S_C_L-1
10-03-2005, 04:12 AM
And that would have what to do with you not knowing what gamers want?

I AM a gamer.

have been since i was 2.