PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your anime?

bimbim18
09-29-2005, 11:03 AM
I was just wondering where you all shop (especially you guys that order from the internet) and mostly want more sources to get my anime from.

Myself, I buy from-
Animeniacs.com
Nextdayanime.com
bestbuy.com

what about you guys?

The Governator
09-29-2005, 11:07 AM
i go to this site, its great for us english folk

www.anime-on-line.com

Ωmega
09-29-2005, 11:15 AM
best buy! or i download it and burn it onto a disk...i usually dont buy too many anime...im more of a manga person...

Remie-chan
09-29-2005, 03:59 PM
SunCoast..
Best Buy..
or
Sam Goody...sometimes.

I never buy my anime from an online store...I dont know why, but I dont...--

SamuraiGirl13
09-29-2005, 04:02 PM
I normally don't buy anime, but I do buy manga. I most often mooch off of my friends for my manga, though I do buy some books from Barnes and Nobels

pyrothunder336
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Sam Goody. It is the only place i know of around here

AnimeLegend!713
09-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Best Buy and Suncoast.

†-Wrath-†
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Best buy... I go there like every weekend to buy Anime and stuff ;)

Saint Mana
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Buy anime? Haha, as in purchase? Heh, not likely...
BitTorrent exists for a reason, heh heh heh...
I do buy Manga though.

bimbim18
09-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Buy anime? Haha, as in purchase? Heh, not likely...
BitTorrent exists for a reason, heh heh heh...
I do buy Manga though.
I miss bit torrent, we dont have internet out here though

(we're limited to 30 mins a session on a crappy connections, so basically no downloads for us at all) :( I cant wait to get home......

00Hellsing00
09-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Here in aus theres not much anime sadly that i have seen , back in my home country i didnt see much either , but i love anime , and i found that on EBay you can find some people that sell anime and open shops for anime and manga on the site , i got Vampire Princess Miyu for a really good price from a seller , and more box sets that are original and well priced as i won them at auction.

So .. id recommend EBay if theres no place around you (like me ) , or you want to try your luck at a better price

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
09-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I use ebay sometimes too... but rarely. You have to be careful of bad copies and stuff so I mostly buy mine off of a very reliable site that I've bought series off of for ages ^_^

00Hellsing00
09-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I use ebay sometimes too... but rarely. You have to be careful of bad copies and stuff so I mostly buy mine off of a very reliable site that I've bought series off of for ages ^_^
Yea , there is some risk as always with ebay. Thats why i look at the feedback ratings and done usually associate with someone with less than about 99% good, and i always read the bad and good to get an idea of the seller. I found one reliable seller with a small anime shop , and i have ordered a few from him on auction , and saw he was reliable so now i shop with him if i find anything i want , he has not everything , but some good ones from Beserk - Fruit Baskets.

The main reason for ebaying though is that prices on online store sites are usually high compared to ebay , but you are right , you have to be careful and its always taking a chance. :)

grim_reaper
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
i get mine from eBAY too. but only if i can find a price thats less then normal

what is the 'very reliably site'?

mokulen22
09-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Manga: I use the local "Comic Wearhouse" or "Comic Den"

Anime: China town (BOOTLEGGED BABY!! I can get subbed anime--whole DVD quality boxed sets--for like 20-45 bucks!) and sometimes I buy online: ebay, or amazon. I have to REALLY like the series, OVA or movie to buy it thou. I think I've earn the right to buy cheap anime back in the day (not really old enoght to say that but...) I brought WAY to much anime (VHS) for 45 bucks each.

Unlicenced anime: China town, Bittorrent, and Ares.

Yuudai Kawai
09-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I sometimes buy it on Ebay

mimichan1000
09-30-2005, 12:45 PM
at discountanimedvd.com! they ship it free if you spend over 100.00 via UPS!

SilverOcean
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Anime
Best Buy
Suncoast

Manga
Barns & Nobles
Waldenbooks
Suncoast

Importing
Next Day Anime
Amazon
Japanimation
Toys N Joys
Discount Anime DVD

00Hellsing00
09-30-2005, 06:50 PM
MOKULEN22 =Anime: China town (BOOTLEGGED BABY!! I can get subbed anime--whole DVD quality boxed sets--for like 20-45 bucks!)
( sorry i messed up quoting and im in a hurry ! :p )

Eh yea they can be cheaper , but on ebay you can get originals for cheaper than some bootlegs ^^, . Some people buy them in bulk and sell them cheap as they got them really cheap for buying in bulk. I got Vampire Princess Miyu , all 1-26 eps on 3dvd's , totally original and factory sealed for .. about $25AUD ^^,

Angel~Eyes
09-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I usually buy my Manga from either the local Chapters or I buy it off of Amazon.ca. I also buy anime from Amazon if it is a decent price. A lot of my anime though I buy from e-bay. Anime on e-bay is generally priced cheaper, plus I can bid what I would like to pay on some items and hopefully I win^^

Luv Angel Eyes

demonix
10-06-2005, 08:13 AM
i go to this site, its great for us english folk

www.anime-on-line.com (http://www.anime-on-line.com/)
I've only used that site one and that was to buy a couple of keychains.

These are the sites I use (all of these sell 100% legit items)

http://www.up1.co.uk (good all round store with almost everything thats available with next day delivery on in stock items in the UK)
http://www.playusa.com (I don't use this site as much due to slow delivery times but it does have do free delivery but a small catalog)
http://www.rightstuf.com (I've only used this site once but it is good for all the things that the others don't stock :redface: )

sweetviciouskittycloud
10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
best buy but they usually dont have what i want i.e fma fruits baskets fushugi yugi and wolfs rain:mad:

Shawaazu
10-06-2005, 10:43 PM
www.animeonestop.com

I've never seen prices cheaper (for domestic DVDs)!

Spirit_Angel
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Future Shop lol

The Wing Man
10-07-2005, 02:04 AM
Where i can get it.

Zizhy
10-07-2005, 02:17 AM
trademe.com

MistaCloudStrife
10-07-2005, 02:28 AM
I rarely buy anime but if I like an anime so much that I would buy it heres where I would get it....

DVDs: Suncoast, Sam Goody, FYE, etc...

Imported DVDs: Unique Anime(Local Anime Store)

Box Sets: Best Buy(Cheaper box sets than other stores)

Lucky Finds: GameStop (Sometimes you can find some really good animes for cheap... Like 5 bucks a DVD.)