PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Love?

Secret Asian Man
09-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Now, I know FF VII is great and all but what about FF VIII? Just want to know if there's any love for FF VIII, I love FF VIII (still need to beat it, lol) It has a great story and a very fun battle system. Where's the love y'all?

:EDIT:
thanks for putting it in the right place, mod!

Darth Tyranus
09-24-2005, 01:57 AM
For gods sake there are other games on the planet besides final fantasy!

Marie2007
09-24-2005, 09:05 PM
i personally love both FFs they are awesome

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 09:11 PM
..ok..ok. I know Final Fantasy is a big deal an all,
but come on people there are other games you can get obsessed over.
all Im saying is just try.

Nineteenth
09-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Here's my Anti- Love for Final Fantasy 8

It has a pretty boy main character based off a Japanese pop singer.
The main guy, Squirrel is as dense as a brick. The first real noticable instance of VideoGame Emo.
The characters defy the rules of being shot. Several times in the chest.
The story works around a Time Paradox although the ends are'nt loose , the party at the end of the game is uncalled for.
They are self justified in what they do.
They are rebels not terrorists as in ff7.
They are soon downgraded from Rebel group to.. Well. Idiots. = )
Squall should have been executed right at that moment, rather than tormented .
The Omega Weapon -should- have been 100% unbeatable.
The music and the world map are dull almost beyond understanding.
Oh yeah one more thing. Don't make a final boss that can be killed by one move called "The End." It does'nt work on other bosses but the final one.. Dies. O o?
Speaking of the final boss , they recycled music from other games for her music.
The only thing I did like?

The Triple Triad game. That's all. The only reason I went through the game was to find Joker and play against Elone. -/

Secret Asian Man
09-24-2005, 11:13 PM
..ok..ok. I now Final Fantasy is a big deal an all,
but come on people there are other games you can get obsessed over.
all Im saying is just try.
You're right about that, and I do obsess over other non-FF games (Chrono Trigger and Lufia 1 & 2 being my most fav) , but I tossed this thread out here because all I see are FF VII stuff, and I thought FF VIII deserved a little attention.

Darth Tyranus
09-24-2005, 11:19 PM
I thought FF VIII deserved a little attention.

This mediocre franchise has gotten more than enough attention.

SilverDragonUltimas
09-25-2005, 12:10 AM
Final Fantasy 8 was good, I give it that. It sold better than Legend of Dragoon, I give it that also, The main character was Squall Leonhart and yes he had a problem with being a stone BRICK most of the time and yes resembling Gackt..But Final Fantasy 8's storyline is soo erratic and warped, that no one but the most dedicated gamer will understand it...and being 1 of the 2 people who do understand it, its very hard to explain without BIG Words, BIG Colorful Drawings and 3 Hours I do not have at the moment. SO please, Lets end this topic before all the Final Fantasy 7 Trolls get in here and start a War 8 can't win.

Please, listen to Adolf - http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/1127377865172.gif

Annik
09-25-2005, 02:47 AM
Downgraded to idiots. Snerk. Classic.

Anyway. I can point out many bad things about FF8, as I can with 9 (and, indeed, all the other FF games) but the fact remains I still liked it.

Squall's angsting only made me laugh. Just like how Tidus' whining amused me.

It's a good game, just a bit lacking.