PDA

View Full Version : Who here is Wiccan?

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 06:58 PM
I wanted to know who here is Wiccan. I am Wiccan myself, and wanted to know what kind of things you do, and if you are a member of a coven. I've not be Wiccan for that long, maybe 3 months, and I want to know some more about it.

And people, if you're not Wiccan, don't post, and say you're not, because obviously that would be spamming, as I only want to know who's Wiccan, not who's not. Sorry if I sound mean, but I do hate t3h spamming.

Darrmyth
09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
What is a Wiccan? is that a nautral wicth or something like that if it is then i consider my self a male wiccan.

Shi_amai why wont you talk to me?

Marie2007
09-22-2005, 07:13 PM
i am

Darth Tyranus
09-22-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm not but i have a friend who is, she pulled out a crystal and said it would help with her headaches. I asked is this one of those things that only works if you believe it works? She said sort of, so i said you hardly ever hear that about penicillin.

She said she wanted a cauldron for simple spells i told her to get one made out of diamond. She said no so i said get a red one or better yet one made out of steel blue steel. At this point she was getting pissed at me, so i told her i didn't care what she believes in i think people should be allowed to worship as they see fit. I myself am atheist, i did get a good chuckle when she said all religions were false when she said "man creates god not the other way around". So i said doesn't that mean your god is made up too? She didn't respond i assume it's just a fad and she will stop caring in a few months.

It should be noted I was snickering throughout this whole conversation.

ThatBurnyFeelin
09-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm not a wiccan, but I probably know more about wiccans then wiccans themselves! PM me momma!(if you want to know more about wiccans)

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Hmm, that is actually pretty funny. And if your friend said that about other religions she's not really Wiccan, because they believe that people can believe whatever they wish, and they will not try to sway them. Lol, I know it's mean, but that is a pretty funny convo, I must say.

DragonNight
09-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I know about all the other religions, cept wicca
My friend is one, but we dont talk to each other any more and i would feel weird asking her O.o
I really want to find out about it...it sounds fascinating ^^

Pina Colada
09-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I am Wiccan, and this Christmas I will have been a Wiccan for 2 years.

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Wow, 2 years now? You must now alot about it then, right?

DarkPrinceBman
09-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I am not a wiccan but im something alittle more....but it doesnt matter because in the end religion is only created be man....Wiccan is not a religion like catholic or muslim....there is no god....like buddism there are rituals that are practiced and the belive of your internal power over nature and such....Wiccan is not anti anything...like some people say....they are not witches or wizzards but they believe that they have there abilities that there practice gives them....I havent come to understand fully what is the practice of Wiccans....but i know they are harmless

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Actually, Wiccans believe in the All, which is a the Goddess and God, and the mother nature, the earth and the trees. Wiccans are at peace with all these, and love them all, so technically they do.

And if I got that wrong I'm sorry, and please correct me >_<

Kirara the cute fox
09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
i dont know if im a wiccan or not cause when i tell ppl im a witch they say that im a wiccan and get me all confused >.< but all i know is im a witch or wiccan/goth/vampire irl o.o oh and 1 last thing, i really dont have a main religion so im a mix of most of em, and witch/wiccan is one of them but im still studying about it, it sounds interesting

shi_amai
09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
You're honestly confused. You don't have to be Goth to be Wiccan. You can be anyone! Wiccans are not evil, I promise.

Darrmyth
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
shi_amai why wont you talk to me.

um i belive in nature and all thing's have the power to be anything they wont. the power of mana flow throught all being and it is part of us and all thing's.

Pina Colada
09-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually, Wiccans believe in the All, which is a the Goddess and God, and the mother nature, the earth and the trees. Wiccans are at peace with all these, and love them all, so technically they do.

And if I got that wrong I'm sorry, and please correct me >_<
thats true, and there are other Gods and Goddesses as well, though. I do know quite a bit, but I am still learning. Also, some Wiccan's are witches but not all, but I myself am. Wiccan's are also constantly misunderstood. We arent a cult, and we dont worship Satan. We don't even believe in Satan. Some of us do use spells, but never to manipulate others, because that's against our Mother Goddess's will.

Loljoke
09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm not a wiccan, but I have a friend who is and I find it really fascinating.
I don't really believe in any religion, even though I'm a Christian I really don't agree with lots of things in the religion.

and sorry for posting even though I'm not wiccan myself.

Ollie
09-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Or more accurately, how many people here are Wiccan, not-female, and older than 16?

Darth Tyranus
09-25-2005, 01:00 PM
I am Wiccan, and this Christmas I will have been a Wiccan for 2 years.

I find that you are marking your second year on x-mas to very funny.

Or more accurately, how many people here are Wiccan, not-female, and older than 16?

I can't answer that but i can tell you this, i have only seen 2 gothics over 16 and both looked ridiculous. Honestly i think both things are just fads most people grow out of in a few years.

Ollie
09-25-2005, 01:03 PM
I can't answer that but i can tell you this, i have only seen 2 gothics over 16 and both looked ridiculous. Honestly i think both things are just fads most people grow out of in a few years.Pretty much. I don't think we'll be seeing many 34-year-olds dressed in black and moaning about how gruesome life is and how everyone - but themselves, of course - are such conformists.

Eventually, they all wake up one morning and think, "Hmm...maybe I'll wear yellow today."

Angel Andrews
09-25-2005, 01:13 PM
i am Wiccan and Pagan, the same with my close family (mom, dad, little brother, and me my big sis is not thow) and i have been 1 for all 15 year of my existence. thruth fully Wiccan and Pagan r similer they both beleave that everything has 'energy' in it; it flows therw u, me, and the cosmose. u can gather the energy and foces it on u. just u must not use it to harm some 1 in any way shape or form or eles it will come back at u ten foldes. and be carful who u tell that u r eather one most people fear what they do not under stand a they will try to harm u in every way leagly an non and trust me on that people do that to me allready and they do not know that. of cores i am 6'4 at the age of 15 and can just about eat my oun body weght in food (150lb) :(

Keitaru-san
09-25-2005, 01:15 PM
im not wiccan but i am interested though im looking for info here http://www.workingwitches.com/ so i might join it. hopefully.

softrain
09-25-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm not really sure what I am but I do believe in a lot of the same god/dess that Wiccans believe in. But I have also read books about Pagan and they really didn't seem any different than the Wiccan books. -no animal/people sacrifices, no use of blood(atleast in the ones that I have read), no Satanic beliefes, ect.- but I believe that Satan and Hell do not exist but rather evil spirits/demons or whatever that influence us to do wrong with your craft. I also meditate...thats really relaxing...although I'm not sure that is part of any of the crafts but it does help to be closer to your inner self and be more at peace.

Keitaru-san
09-25-2005, 03:23 PM
ok i did little search and i found a very useful website here you might wanna take a look.http://www.galdraheim.kirion.net/

mokulen22
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Wiccan here! *waves* and an adult one at that!

Wiccans are normal people; I wear normal makeup, I don't wear black (well sometimes...come on it go with everything!) and I have a normal office job (Samsung).

I have to say the mis-information and *rolls eyes* retarded teens going thru a "phase" mis-repersenting this religion erks me to no end. Its a religion, my little gothic one, not something to play arround with as you pertend death is cool.

SIDE NOTE: Many Christian holidays were adopted from paganism, such as Christmas and Easter.

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 02:59 PM
I find that you are marking your second year on x-mas to very funny.

I can't answer that but i can tell you this, i have only seen 2 gothics over 16 and both looked ridiculous. Honestly i think both things are just fads most people grow out of in a few years.
Um, yeah, excuse me, but Wiccans aren't gothics, and you can wear whatever you want and be Wiccan. It's not some fad, actually, it's a belief, and it actually appreciates life, not goes on about how horrible it is. It seems to me that you're going to go make a fool of yourself, because you say things that are far from the truth, just making yourself look plain stupid.

mokulen22, were you speaking of me? Because no, I don't think death is good, and I'm not getting any mis-information.

Oh, another side note, don't tell me what I mean, please, because I honestly wanted to know who's Wiccan because I want to learn as much as possible, not wanting to know who's Wiccan, male, and older than 16, thanks.

Darth Tyranus, mind explaining to me what gothics have to do with Wiccans? Because right now you're off topic.

mokulen22
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
oh, no, no, I wasn't really talking to anyone specially with the "Gothic little one" part; I just meant general ignorant Gothic kids that we all have to put up with on a daily basis.

Sorries, :awe: I should have been more clear. I tend to assume people will understand my random thoughts. teehee.

Edit: If you some/more information about Wicca you can PM me, or ask in a reply post.

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Oh, okay, lol, just making sure. Thanks okay, I ten to do that too.

Hmm, well, I wanted to know more about the dedication cermony, because I have 2 books, but I wanted to know what else people can tell me, because I'm having my dedication cermony very soon.

mokulen22
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Have you picked a name yet? Some wiccian like to have a magical name; a name they use for rituals. Little History lesson, this is an old custom that developed because of the whole witch hunting thing. If you didn't know the real name of your coven sisters than you couldn't rat them out.

I actually stop using it but mine was Raven Silvermoon. It was a play on of Silver Ravenwolfs name, if you didn't already guess. :P

Darth Tyranus
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Darth Tyranus, mind explaining to me what gothics have to do with Wiccans? Because right now you're off topic.

I was giving an example of a popular fad, and for many people wicca is a fad.

mokulen22
09-26-2005, 03:45 PM
For some people it's a fad, Darth, tsst tsst watch yourself. :P

Edit: You can say that about any religion. How many people give lip-service to Christian dogma, ne.

Darth Tyranus
09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
And for some it is a way of life, but for many teens it is a fad. Or they just call them selfs wicca and really don't know anything about it (not that i know much) they just think it sounds cool.

mokulen22
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree, and it bugs me to no end. But what can I do but shake my head. But I still think it should be stated that Wicca does have a hugh following, it is not a majority of little gothic kids running arround pretending do proform spells. If you don't believe check out witchvox some time.

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, I have thought a lot about my name, or as one of my friends call it, my true name. Apparently she meditated on her's, so I'm planning on doing the same tonight.

Yeah, I thought that name sounded familar. I have one of her books, pretty helpful, too.

A friend also told me that if you know a person's true name, or Wiccan name, I guess you could call it, you can hold great power over them.

Sangie
09-26-2005, 05:05 PM
most of my family is wiccan including me but now that the religeon is pretty much dying where i live we dont know that much

the first rule of wiccan: "harm non, do as you will"
i know what the colors mean and i have been researching it to find more about my family religeon if you need any help i can spare some of the info me and my sister have found

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I like that rule, because I think it's a really good one.

But okay, if I need anything, I'll be sure to ask. Thank you. ^_^

Alien Sinn
09-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Wiccan? WITCHRAFT!!!!!!

Noun
1. A polytheistic Neo-Pagan nature religion inspired by various pre-Christian western European beliefs, whose central deity is a mother goddess and which includes the use of herbal magic and benign witchcraft. 2. A group or community of believers or followers of this religion.
Etymology
Old English wicca, necromancer ; see witch.

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Mmm hmm, I believe that's not what I wanted to know, as I already know what Wicca is.

And what is your point in this definition, hmm?

Darth Tyranus
09-26-2005, 05:50 PM
you can hold great power over them.
How so?

shi_amai
09-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm not quite sure, she didn't tell me, she just told me her true name/wiccan name, and told me if someone knows it that they can hold great power over that person, and then told me she told me because she trusts me.

Darth Tyranus
09-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Hmm...very odd

ThatBurnyFeelin
09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Wiccan? WITCHRAFT!!!!!!

Noun
1. A polytheistic Neo-Pagan nature religion inspired by various pre-Christian western European beliefs, whose central deity is a mother goddess and which includes the use of herbal magic and benign witchcraft. 2. A group or community of believers or followers of this religion.
Etymology
Old English wicca, necromancer ; see witch.
Lol XD Omg thats freakin hilarious! Anyway I just wanna say about the wicca belief that there is a lot of controversy between actual believers. I've dated so many wiccans I guess there knowledge rubbed off on me. Between wiccans and witches a wicca would be known as a white witch (you know like in final fantasy black and white mages,yeah) and only use spells for healing not hurting if any wiccan was to harm someone she would be bound from incantations and spells plus recieve major karma. Basically if you're wicca you are kind of a hippie witch. Nothing you say can prove that wrong.

mokulen22
09-27-2005, 08:15 AM
haha a hippy witch, LOL.

Anyways, Shi_amai I doubt if anyone learns your magical name they could hold power over you. It's just a name, nothing more, really, why would Wiccans like Silver RavenMoon openly use her name if she thought someone could use it against her?

I have to say something about my belief of Wiccan, I am a modern women so I don't believe you can perform magic...it's more perception and mind over matter sort of logic. The tools used in rituals and do perform spells are more to help you force your energy. I do believe some people are born with a higher ability of concentration, so they can heal, read fortunes, and change their surroundings but it still more science than magic.

And then there are things that defy my current Wiccan/ Scientific logic. Such as my ability to read tarot. I have a lot of fun freaking people out with this at parties (usually some friend forces me to take them out and do a reading for a guest). I’m about 98% on the mark and they scream at me “how did you know that!” I reply, “It’s in the cards, muhahahaha”

Darth Tyranus
09-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Isn't tarot just the ancient art of coal reading?

Keitaru-san
09-27-2005, 03:33 PM
hmmmm...tarot i like them, see many religion defy doing stuff like this even in mine but the thing is i like learn more about the world i live in i don't want to die without knowing what was in my world, i wanna enjoy and experience my life thats why im trying to do lot of stuff(though i don't just doing it for funn i want to learn it seriously, i may not use it but its like a screwdriver, it might come in handy)you know what im saying?

Arise
09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm definitly not, and I don't think I've ever really met one.

shi_amai
09-28-2005, 12:50 AM
I guess it depends on the person, and who cares if someone knows their name or not.

Ah, Tarot. I wouldn't know yet if I can read them or not. My sister had a deck, but they were hers, and it's a rule that only one person can use a set of Tarot, and it is theirs and theirs alone. Is it true that someone isn't supposed to buy the Tarot cards for themselves, but instead it has to be a gift from someone?

I have a friend who can see auras, which I find really amazing. Apparently mine's yellow, I think that's what she said, I don't remember.

I think to an extent magick works, but it won't work if you don't believe it will. Also, I don't think it all works.

Draconocturn
09-28-2005, 01:39 AM
I have been a witch going on eight years now. One of those years I spent as part of a Gardenarian Wiccan coven. I don't pretend to know everything about everything, but if anyone has any questions, I can probably get you an answer.

FYI
I prefer the term Witch, not Wiccan, because I don't technically follow any traditional Wiccan belief structure, coven association aside.

mokulen22
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I guess it depends on the person, and who cares if someone knows their name or not.

Ah, Tarot. I wouldn't know yet if I can read them or not. My sister had a deck, but they were hers, and it's a rule that only one person can use a set of Tarot, and it is theirs and theirs alone. Is it true that someone isn't supposed to buy the Tarot cards for themselves, but instead it has to be a gift from someone?
I have never heard that rule BUT some believe that you should sleep near your deck and cover it with a black cloth. This is mainly so that the cards connect with you and the black cloth is so that engry doesn't infect the cards. I do both these practices.

Another rule NEVER use someone else card EVER! I have more than one deck so I usually let people play arround with one of my pretty decks that I only bought fot the pictures. My greek mythology deck I've had it for 9 years is HANDS OFF to everyone. I have them under my pillow wrapped in a black silk cloth. :P I love them, it was SO much easier to learn what each card meant when you can follow a familiar story--I studied greek myths BTW. The whole journey of the Fool was like WTF? to me back then. haha.

I have a friend who can see auras, which I find really amazing. Apparently mine's yellow, I think that's what she said, I don't remember.

I think to an extent magick works, but it won't work if you don't believe it will. Also, I don't think it all works.OH! *clap clap* you put the "K" in magic!! *pat pat* good girl! *thumbs up* ANyways, I agree with you. It's mind over matter--think along the lines of "the placebo effect"

shi_amai
09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
I have never heard that rule BUT some believe that you should sleep near your deck and cover it with a black cloth. This is mainly so that the cards connect with you and the black cloth is so that engry doesn't infect the cards. I do both these practices.

Another rule NEVER use someone else card EVER! I have more than one deck so I usually let people play arround with one of my pretty decks that I only bought fot the pictures. My greek mythology deck I've had it for 9 years is HANDS OFF to everyone. I have them under my pillow wrapped in a black silk cloth. :P I love them, it was SO much easier to learn what each card meant when you can follow a familiar story--I studied greek myths BTW. The whole journey of the Fool was like WTF? to me back then. haha.

OH! *clap clap* you put the "K" in magic!! *pat pat* good girl! *thumbs up* ANyways, I agree with you. It's mind over matter--think along the lines of "the placebo effect" Yeah, that's what I thought about the Tarot Cards. They're sort of like your life after a while, right? <3 I love Greek mythology, and mythology in general, actually.

Lol, yeah, spelling it magick is something I used to forget, but now it's like a habit.

For the dedication cermony, do you burn candles, incense, what? And do you really need a Cauldron, or something similiar. I'm having mine within a month, and need to know more about it. And yes, I believe that if you put your mind to something, like as in mind over matter as you said, then you can do whatever you put your mind to. Ah yes the Placebo effect. It's interesting, really.