PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita

Piper
09-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm sure most of you already know about it. xD But it's like, going to hit MY city. o_O; So uh.. Not sure what's going to happen. Other than the fact, that I will lose power, so if I am not online this weekend. No one panic. I am NOT dead. xD We just have no power. But it'll be back on, and I'll be back. I just thought it was funny, because the walmart here, are like sold out of water, flashlights, batteries, etc. So I thought it was just crazy. Lol. Anyway. Yeah, what's your thoughts about it? O_o

Darrmyth
09-21-2005, 10:09 PM
oh ok just flee the run run dont die we need you here

Ami~chan
09-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm in central Louisiana, so I'm not quite sure how it'll be over here. We'll probably get a drizzle or some heavy, heavy winds. Don't really know.

I hope that everyone who is going to be hit by Rita is prepared and will be safe; it's very wise to be prepared and ready for a huge storm like this.

ThatBurnyFeelin
09-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Hope you'll get out safely!

shi_amai
09-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Where do you live Piper? I live in Florida, and we're only supposed to be hit with some rain, and maybe a little wind, and knowing how crappy my town is I'll end up losing my power. That seems to happen so easily. "Hey look, a bird's flying by! ... Crap... power went out."

Marie2007
09-22-2005, 06:33 AM
hope y'all get through it safely because it is going to be one of the strongest we have had this hurricane season

bms
09-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Take good care of yourself

Chi#1
09-22-2005, 08:02 AM
wow...pple that actually live somewhat close to me...i live in fl...broward county...it didn't really do anything to us...but it was still and awsome storm...yesterday i sat on the hood of my step dads catilac (sp?..lol) while it rained...n.n..*and the night of the hurricane i walked arounnd my block and saw trash bags that could fly *.and be careful !...don't get blown away, washed away...or banged in the head with a tree branch while trying to see whats going on outside in the night!...*sounds like something that would happen to me..lmao...*

Fabala
09-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Is the hurricane itself touching down on you, or the accompanying storms? Because from everything I'm hearing, Rita is significantly worse than Katrina (wind speeds of 216mph???). If it's the former, get OUT.

nami
09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Uwan~ I hope that you and yours are safe, Piper!

Tragedy
09-22-2005, 01:22 PM
lets see...

houston ... don't expect her to stop t the cost ...
she will run up te bay right into your ....
she is worse the katrina
rita is the strongewst since andrew.... and if you all don't rember him there is something worng with you aor you were to young or not born
katrina has nothin on rita
rita has her beat in every catgory
so evacute farther inland
espicall if your on the coast
and expect the usal of pre- present- post hurrcaine conditions
including human influence
anyway
get out will you can ...
i have already made sure my friends down there got out
~ has friends live on Glaveston ~( sp ?? )

look on new site for video's and look for one that shows what a category 3 storm would do to that area
then just imagine how a category 5 would hit it

take important things with you
it might not be there when you get back .....

and keep you head above what longhorns

thats a reason i was born in the desert
so i don't gotta worry about hurricanes
~ born in El Paso, Texas ~

souske
09-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Dang man my family is going to get hit again.

Tsuna Kadiri
09-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I heard about this storm being a catagory 5. Or is going to hit as a catagory 5 ... scary. O_o .. I'm wondering what's going on with nature. Is this just a coincidence that these two HUGE hurricanes are coming at us around the same time, or is there something else going on? Hmm ..

I don't know whether or not I'll be feeling any of the effects. Maybe some wind on Monday or a few showers. Guess I'll keep a lookout.

Tragedy
09-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I heard about this storm being a catagory 5. Or is going to hit as a catagory 5 ... scary. O_o .. I'm wondering what's going on with nature. Is this just a coincidence that these two HUGE hurricanes are coming at us around the same time, or is there something else going on? Hmm ..

I don't know whether or not I'll be feeling any of the effects. Maybe some wind on Monday or a few showers. Guess I'll keep a lookout.
global warming possibly
it said to make weather parrtenrs worse then change drasticly
that might explain it

or thousands of other reasons
but hey
im just guessin here

The Archangel
09-22-2005, 03:57 PM
mother nature is pissed. first katrina now this one.

Kit Katy
09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Kit:Katrina first rita next.
I herd Rita might hit part of texas.
I sure hope you and you're family will be safe.

KidCash
09-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Well i hope every 1 in that area will be ok and hope u come back asap

Marie2007
09-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Mother Nature can be so evil at times I just hope everyone in Texas makes in through and the cities survive it as well. Especially El Paso and Wichita Falls. After all I was born in Wichita Falls, Texas.

Tsuna Kadiri
09-22-2005, 06:45 PM
global warming possibly
it said to make weather parrtenrs worse then change drasticly
that might explain it

or thousands of other reasons That's what I was thinking. Or, it could just be a bad Hurricane season. All we can do right now is guess, pretty much. =\

Pina Colada
09-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I live in northern Texas, so the hurricane won't hit us, but unfortunatly we'll get strong winds and about 20 inches of rain from it.

†-Wrath-†
09-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, I live in Florida( the panhandle part) So I'm safe. :D

Fabala
09-22-2005, 09:23 PM

Mm...yes, I hear it chalked up to global warming. Not only are they bad, but, frankly, how often do we MAKE it to "R?"

Fuu Kasumi
09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, I bet all the people from New Orleans and around that area that went to Texas are mad. I hope for the best for them. I heard Rita is stronger than Katrina was.. With winds up to 175 mph. I really hope that the hurricane weakens and everyone makes it through this. I send my best wishes.

katrina_survivor
09-22-2005, 09:38 PM
If the outer layers of Rita cause significant damage to New Orleans, I'm going to cry. Just fall to the floor and cry.

softrain
09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah everyone from Houston is comming to my city. The most I think that my city might get from the hurricane is tornados and rain.

Halio
09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I hope you'll be alright my aunt lives in housten and the phones have been out a couple days her b-day was monday and she works at one of the hospitals I hope you and them are ok

Chi#1
09-23-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm actrually very surprised that Rita got soooo strong...I heard its gonna hit somewhere near Mexico or something like that...but as long as it passes florida and doesn't do much damage i'll be just fine

Piper
09-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Rita actually weakened in the past 24 hours.. Not a lot though.. And they say it can grow even more muscle, by the time it hits land.. But yeah. The city of Galvestion is GONE. Devistated. Or rather.. Will be. But .. They said we'll have about 16 inches or rain, tornado warnings, and flooding.

The weather is acting very strange.. BTW: I live in Austin! So I do live inland. But it moved east, BUT. They say that Rita CAN shift back around because of the warm climate up near Kansas. And it will turn around and come right though Texas.. That's when I'll just run. Like. Far.

the cutest devel ever!!
09-23-2005, 11:56 AM
my aunt is on a ramage. lol

Kyo Kusanagi
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
In all likelihood San Antonio will just get a few scattered showers from this. So Rita is not a concern to me ..... not when I'm throwing up like crazy. x_x;

Best of wishes to those who are to be affected by Rita.

Piper
09-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Well. The path that it's on now. It won't hit me. xD Yaaay. But like I said, it can shift. O_o; But I doubt it. Anyway. I should be safe.. we may get lots of rain, and lightning storms. But nothing worse. Because we'll get the outskirts of it. Plus; it is now a category 2. It's weakening.

Sachiko-Chan
09-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I live in Texas. Saltillo, TX...it's about 2 hours north east of dallas...i think...well, hurricane rita is now a cat. 3...that makes me feel a little better. but i'm probably gonna freak out when it hits...even if it's just a little rain and thunder...man...i hate storms.but we sure do need the rain...

Also...my step-dad's parents live in Katy...about 60 miles away from Houston...my mom and step-dad told them to leave...but they wouldn't listen...:( well, i wish them luck...

i keep hearing ppl talking about how it's the end of the world.....o.0

Also...i wish luck to all of you that are going to feel the effects of Rita...bless you all...i give you all my blessings...

FarEastStyle
09-23-2005, 03:36 PM
ummmm..is it just me, or is that hurricane following something>?

nami
09-23-2005, 04:36 PM

I don't know whether or not I'll be feeling any of the effects. Maybe some wind on Monday or a few showers. Guess I'll keep a lookout.The two most popular opinions in Alaska are:

1) The Apocolypse is upon us
2) The whole world is going to hell. Soon all that will be left is Alaska and we shall, naturally, rule the world! *cue evil laughter*

Yeah. Elitist pig-dogs. ;p

Pina Colada
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
So far where I live I think we're only going to be getting storms on the weekend from this

Piper
09-23-2005, 09:16 PM
To be quite honest. I don't believe this to be any sign of the end of the world. Or any other related such thing. It is NOT unusual for the Gulf Coast to have these types of hurricanes. Back in 1983, a Category 4 Hurricane destroyed the whole Galveston area (which is where this one is heading). And a survivor of Katrina also stated that it is not unusual for hurricanes to hit New Orleans. Just as California has earthquakes, Central US has Tornados, and East coast has hurricanes.

It's simply a new cycle of weather. It happens every few centries or so. It'll all blow over in another year or so.

Tsuna Kadiri
09-23-2005, 09:33 PM
I haven't been paying attention to Rita much today. Mainly because I'm an idiot. XD

Haha, so it has died down then? I don't know what's going on with it .. And I don't see much of the Hurricane coverage on TV .. unless CNN is jam-packed with it and I just skipped that channel. =\

Pina Colada
09-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Thankfully my area hasnt gotten the 20 inches of rain we were supposed to...but its very windy and we should be getting some storms

katrina_survivor
09-25-2005, 11:53 AM
To be quite honest. I don't believe this to be any sign of the end of the world. Or any other related such thing. It is NOT unusual for the Gulf Coast to have these types of hurricanes. Back in 1983, a Category 4 Hurricane destroyed the whole Galveston area (which is where this one is heading). And a survivor of Katrina also stated that it is not unusual for hurricanes to hit New Orleans. Just as California has earthquakes, Central US has Tornados, and East coast has hurricanes.

It's simply a new cycle of weather. It happens every few centries or so. It'll all blow over in another year or so.
Completely true. I'm from New Orleans, and we get hurricanes all of the time(never as strong as these ones, but still). Also, Hurricane Rita turned out to be half as bad as projected, mostly because we were prepared for it.

Keitaru-san
09-25-2005, 12:02 PM
its not the end of the world yes but its act of nature for its own restoration from global warming thats why(lol just like the day after tommorow, exept its not like the movie too strong or seriouse).