PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
You know i think it's more than a little unfair that members can give people bad reputation without having to attach their names to it. I have gotten my fair share of jerks that are too pussy to actually put their names on their hate mail. What are you afraid of? Some one might bad rep you? Man what a scary thought! Am i the only one thta thinks your name should just be attached regardless if the reputation is good or bad?

Keitaru-san
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
i guess your right, if you put any rep wheather bad or good you should put you name at the end, though when i give good rep i don't tell my name, i don't give bad reps no matter what, only good reps.

DarkPrinceBman
09-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah I mean some of the bad reps i got were really smart....I mean im not a person that take spite when someone disagrees with me....thats why i had a note at the bottom of my sig saying please leave your name.....I get a whole lot of, "wow your sig sucks" or "Your deaf cause thats not music" so on and so on....but i think my favorite was when i had my glowing eye sig and Yojimbo said..."wow look at your sig...there goes another hot topic" lol Its more entertaining for me to hear what people have to say. then them to spite behind my back.

DarkPrinceBman
09-17-2005, 10:38 PM
No im a realist there are people that have the highest disgust for sigs or any image that portrays disruption(for lack of a better word) The whole goth, punk, emo, whatever attitude are lables that are placed apon people with ideas that are alittle more pessimistic than others...like the prep, jock, cheer leader thing. Just titles that people have to dicriminate for cause if you look at the history of man....there has never been a society were opression towards a certain people wasnt taking place.
IE: Europeans vs Muslims
Romans vs Nomads
ect.
im always going to get bad rep from people that dont like my attitude and good rep from those that do...its nothing i havent experienced in real life aswell. I think i just grew up and realized this alot sooner than most do

FarEastStyle
09-17-2005, 10:43 PM
I put my name on reps, good sometimes bad
some people that want to remain unknown
doesn't bother me.

Prince Seven
09-17-2005, 10:47 PM
i totally agree i think users should attach there names to the bad or good rep.

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm glad some people get it, some of this stuff really is pretty funny let me share with you favorite bad reps.

U Suck U Think Your An Adm This came from me telling someone to not post in black, YOU CAN'T READ IT!

Announcing your little flame wars is a little lame. Your little "fanboy" bashing scene is getting old. I'm getting tired of seeing your little inconsiderate remarks in more thread than one. Annoying. ~/\/\ I guess the hope here is that i will suddenly love people who follow their favorite whatevers blindly. Won't happen grow a sense of humor.

*****ing isn't the same as arguing. get a life This was from some eva fan i served.

But my favorite reps are th ones with negative comments and positive rep, i guess the idiots sending it aren't to slick with the computer yet. And by the way Zan your sig is awesome.

Keitaru-san
09-17-2005, 10:51 PM
the one said U suck U think your an admn looks familliar i guess i know who is it hmm...

FarEastStyle
09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
lool that gives me the idea of making you a must horrofic sig muhahahahaha. should i?

hey far east how you doin?.

Hey keitaru-san I'll pm you.
I guess some people are just scared
to revealed who they are. :laugh:

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Whoever it is I'm sure their a real intellectual whip.

Keitaru-san
09-17-2005, 10:54 PM
they not scared they are coward...cow ard hahaha.

FarEastStyle
09-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Whoever it is I'm sure their a real intellectual whip.
Got the personality of a wet dish rag

Darrmyth
09-17-2005, 11:07 PM
i agree i think users should attach there names to the bad or good rep.

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I sent you a good rep did i not? I guess i was taken back by your plea for bad rep, did you give me some negative feed back because your rep turned out gray. Any way i applaud you for putting your name on it regardless.

Darrmyth
09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Who are you talking to?

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 11:23 PM
You.

Darrmyth
09-17-2005, 11:25 PM
oh ok talk to me throght private messageing ok

MistaCloudStrife
09-17-2005, 11:27 PM
The only person who tagged thier name on a bad rep to me was you Darth... And I usually tag my name after bad reps as well...Unless its so obvious that I don't need to...

And of course people are wimps they don't wanna add thier names to the reps... But if the rep is really bad has cussing or anything of that sort you can notify a mod and they MIGHT be able to do something... Of course they ARE busy with thier lives so you can't bother them all the time...

Keitaru-san
09-17-2005, 11:27 PM
loool this thread is so gonna be closed haha.

Bean Bandit
09-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Do not attempt to bypass the language filters here. If I see astericks it means you attempted to use the words.

If you wish for this to stay open stay with the topic at hand. If a mod has to edit a lot of posts for language, or delete off topicness it is seasier to jsut close it. I myself prefer not to have to delete every other reply.

Darth Tyranus
09-18-2005, 12:19 AM
For the record i didn't put the * the filter did. I will refrain from using colorful language though.

The only person who tagged thier name on a bad rep to me was you DarthI always put my name doesn't feel right if i don't. I like knowing who is with and against me. Funny thing about our spat of bad reputation it was started by someone i thought was you giving me a negative rep. I assumed it was you because of out feuding an a fussin of course i didn;t know no name was attached of course. So i gave you a bad rep, imagine me surprise when you give me back bad rep, well what's done is done.

The Archangel
09-18-2005, 01:47 PM
agreed

sumae_the_firewolf
09-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah I mean some of the bad reps i got were really smart....I mean im not a person that take spite when someone disagrees with me....thats why i had a note at the bottom of my sig saying please leave your name.....I get a whole lot of, "wow your sig sucks" or "Your deaf cause thats not music" so on and so on....but i think my favorite was when i had my glowing eye sig and Yojimbo said..."wow look at your sig...there goes another hot topic" lol Its more entertaining for me to hear what people have to say. then them to spite behind my back.I know man! I wanna know wh they are so I can congradulate them! ^ ^ o_o"

Alien Sinn
09-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh Oh Oh, I saw this one where a dude gave a fake user name. I checked the full member list. The person "trogdor91" doesn't exist. Now THAT is cowardice.

Amix
09-18-2005, 02:22 PM
You got a point, sometimes they give me bad reps and I don't know who they are. It just makes me angry to not know who did it. ._.;;

Alonely
09-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I think there should definitely be a name attached at the end. I bet some idiot will bad rep. me for disagreeing with him/her eventually.

Marie2007
09-18-2005, 02:50 PM
agree totally

bms
09-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Yes people's names should always be attached to those messages.

[BlackDeath]
09-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Agreed also, I too always leave my mark '~BD~' at the end of each rep, but I don't really care for people who bad rep me unless they actually give a good reason as to why they are bad repping me, which is rarely the case, people who use curse words are only idiots who can't really make an arguement if their life depended on it! <3

wizz-o-matic
09-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Ah, that was answered many times ... you can contact one of the admins (LPS, Mina, Ace) and ask them if they can tell you who bad repped you ... it isn't so hard!

now, personally I do add my name, not always, but do ... if not the entire, the short version ...

Loljoke
09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
i bad repped you ages ago and i put my name on it ^^
and yea, im sorry bout it too, i was in a bad mood that day, lol

i dunno about changing the feature though, some privacy is kinda good too

Tsuna Kadiri
09-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I think it's a good idea, and then a bad idea also.

I usually don't leave my name after a bad rep. I know, bad me, but I leave a reason. Sure it's nice to know who bad repped you, but if even if someone left their name, knowing who they are will just make you want to bad rep them back, hence it probably going back and forth, dragging other people into your rep vs. rep battle, and it just turning into a big fight. It's sort of like with good rep. If you leave your name, they'll most likely rep you back. Same thing would probably go along with bad rep.

So, all in all, it would probably spawn more fights, or at least I think so. =\

yokoe1887
09-18-2005, 04:56 PM
I put my name on the rep rather i give them good rep or bad. Doesn't matter to me if they know. I would like people to do the same to me. Bad rep put name or good rep put name. I like knowing who sent me the rep.

Darth Tyranus
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Fresh off the stupid press have another bad rep!

Eh.. Quit complaining. You can bad rep people too. Yeah and i'm not going to give my name out either. XD
Yes i CAN give people bad rep and when i do I am not a coward so i DO attach my name. You sir are a crotch rocket.

And trogdor 91 was yojimbo that is his name on a different site he just plum forgot.

Bean Bandit
09-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Do not ever ever edit over top a moderators edit. Since it happened in this topic I want everyone to know, you do not do that.

Bean

Darth Tyranus
09-18-2005, 06:11 PM
What's the deal all i did was edit the swearing isn't that what you wanted in the first place?

Yojimbo51
09-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Fresh off the stupid press have another bad rep!

Yes i CAN give people bad rep and when i do I am not a coward so i DO attach my name. You sir are a crotch rocket.

And trogdor 91 was yojimbo that is his name on a different site he just plum forgot.
Yes, that was in fact me. Sorry about the confusion, but I maintain that you must have deserved it, even though I don't remember what you did.

And I agree that there definitely should be an automatic identification for people leaving rep, because whether you forget to put your name or are just too scared it helps me out.

The Wing Man
09-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I have been bad repped sometimes for the worst reasons, and that makes me mad because bad reps just suck.

Missy
09-18-2005, 11:29 PM

I usually don't leave my name after a bad rep. I know, bad me, but I leave a reason. Sure it's nice to know who bad repped you, but if even if someone left their name, knowing who they are will just make you want to bad rep them back, hence it probably going back and forth, dragging other people into your rep vs. rep battle, and it just turning into a big fight. It's sort of like with good rep. If you leave your name, they'll most likely rep you back. Same thing would probably go along with bad rep.

So, all in all, it would probably spawn more fights, or at least I think so. =\
Ah, I agree.
I don't give out much bad rep as it is, unless i think they deserve it... Giving out bad rep for no reason is just... stupid really. I attach a reason, and my name But there were instances where I was caught up in the anger that I just left it as a simple comment, but sure enough they can figure out it was me when they know I responded in the thread. If I do bad rep someone, I take away quite a chunk of points... so I try to reason with the person unless they are really doing something bad... (ie: spamming, using offensive language against me, disrespecting me . etc) I agree with what Tsuna said about the whole "back and forth" thing... It will probably turn into some bad rep war or whatnot. *shrugs*. I dont know. that's how I see it.

Ashminigun
09-19-2005, 12:26 AM
*joins in the hot topic...

Hmmm... It sometimes really pissed me off when the reason of people bad repped me due very small matter and for obvious personal reason and don't leave their name on it...

I don't care if they don't leave their but personally PM me the reason they bad rep me however most of time they failed to PM me after doing so. That's I called cowardice and immature act.

Yeah, I agreed with Missy and Tsuna part of which leaving your name in bad rep would lead into a greater conflict between two or more parties. However, I like a said before, they should resolve this in mature and personal way like PM or something and don't drag into open and involve their friends with it....

Everyone has entitle to express their opinion and each opinion should be recieve in open mind and treated with respect...

'nough said...

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I think people should attach their name to anykind of rep. Some people don't because they don't want to be bad repped back. I mean all rep does is put little green or red squares under your name.

stigmatize
09-19-2005, 03:10 AM
I'll say: I have once or twice bad repped before without leaving my name on it. Only because i think that person seriously deserved it for his/her foolish behaviour. The reason for not putting my name is the spur moment of anger, because to those i really bad rep, are those that i can no longer tolerate with and are very rude/disrespectful towards members in the forum.

I don't know if putting on the names for your bad reps in a good idea, because that would probably cause flaming and revenge around this forum and worst, turn this forum into a bad repping war zone. But i do agree that those who did not put their names on a bad rep are immature and cowards, including myself for what i have done before.

But i've given up on bad rep since. It's not nice for both parties, even though i don't deny that there are some who very well deserved it. 'If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.' That now is my policy for repping. Unless someone really pisses me off very badly.

飛竜
09-19-2005, 03:17 AM
Well same here as well. Hmm...

I remember when I was a member from Janime forum having reputation points but I was question to myself quite. However, it is similar to AF.

Reputation points can be depends what is good and what is bad.

princess kakurine
09-19-2005, 03:30 AM
some put me a bad reputation but his/her message is not that bad, i mean a good comment but a bad reputation...

what is that mean?
i dont get it?

Yojimbo51
09-19-2005, 07:49 AM
It means he's none too savvy with the computer yet.

Fabala
09-19-2005, 08:57 AM
As a mod, I can see who reps me, but I'll respond as though I can't ;p

Here's the foreseen problem with forcing names to be attached: Someone gives a member negative rep for a purely legitimate reason. Member is pissed off, regardless of them actually deserving it. Member harasses first person, or gives them unjust negative rep...and so on.

Now I personally like to leave my name on rep, good or bad. I have also been on the receiving end of being negatively repped when someone THOUGHT I did so to them and was lashing back. You see? Even if I had been the one to leave it, the lashing back should not be happening. That's not what the reputation is for.

Mugetsu
09-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Leaving a name would be a good thing but if your gonna bad rep someone you should be able to give a good reason. Bad repping someone just to do it or because they disagree with you is just weak.

Charliee
09-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I was only reped bad once. But I think it was because I double posted. =/. But It was my fault, I never read the rules.

mokulen22
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM

So, all in all, it would probably spawn more fights, or at least I think so. =\'

Good point, It maybe annoying not knowing who bad reped you but having a back-forth battle would be more annoying, ne?

.Lovebeat
09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
It really should be a name after the reps. So you know who it is that is giving you bad reps...and when someone give you good reps, of course you wanna know who it was, so you can rep that person back!! :)
It's rude when you get bad reps with the message:

no
That's really annoying! :<_<:
One actually gave me bad reps AND typed down the username, and that was -Shizu-...Why? T_T I gave you good reps and you gave me bad reps...T_T

princess kakurine
09-19-2005, 11:51 PM
It means he's none too savvy with the computer yet.
maybe your right...

FarEastStyle
09-19-2005, 11:51 PM
yeah Im really tired of the "You Suck" nameless reps
come on people have some guts .

Cursed~Amante
09-19-2005, 11:57 PM
what's up with the BAD rep thing, anyway?

and why is it that your rep goes up only by 1 these days?!

just a bit peeved. i give out good rep, but when i get bad rep, it hinders my way to become famous.

how many reps does it take to earn the boxes underneath your stats?

curious, curious.

MistaCloudStrife
09-20-2005, 01:31 AM
100+ points give you a dark green square... After 5 of them you gain light green squares I think to get them you'll need 200+ points for one square...

And the amount of rep you give and take away from people all depends on how much rep you, yourself have...

I believe bad reps take out half as much as if you were to give good rep...

Something like that... Understand? I don't really get everything myself... o.O;;

wizz-o-matic
09-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Yeah, MistaCloudStrife is right ... you're always able to give less bad rep than good, sometihng around half as much as the good reps.

Scion
09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
I had very few people who gave me bad rep, and if they did it was for a retarded reason like Ex: Your music sucks. Things like that. Besides that its all been good.

飛竜
09-20-2005, 11:55 PM
As a mod, I can see who reps me, but I'll respond as though I can't ;p

Here's the foreseen problem with forcing names to be attached: Someone gives a member negative rep for a purely legitimate reason. Member is pissed off, regardless of them actually deserving it. Member harasses first person, or gives them unjust negative rep...and so on.

Now I personally like to leave my name on rep, good or bad. I have also been on the receiving end of being negatively repped when someone THOUGHT I did so to them and was lashing back. You see? Even if I had been the one to leave it, the lashing back should not be happening. That's not what the reputation is for.
Ah that is true either.

Like for example about the good reputation. Let me see there are many like for the person that you respect, and some positive ones.

About the bad reputaion that are many negative like for doing bad things or some stuff that against the forum.

Sorry, I'm not very good explaining things... -_-;;

MistaCloudStrife
09-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Eh, I think giving back negative rep is alright... =P

People return positive rep for no real reason(Just because someone repped you first.), so why not return neg. rep as well? You NEED a reason to return bad rep to someone but you don't need one to return good rep...??

Also, peoples Rep will even out eventually... If the person you bad rep TRULY isn't a nice person s/he'll eventaully end up with negative rep because of other people bad repping that person... This makes it so that the people that are mean, disobey rules, or constantly bad rep others(Supposing you guys return bad rep) can't give out rep(positive and negative) at all...

Make sense?

Cursed~Amante
09-21-2005, 03:03 AM
thanx for the explanation, MistaCloudStrife. you cleared up a lot of things for me!

*adds to rep*

p.s. when you have more of those squares, does the rep you give out to people increase in value?

MistaCloudStrife
09-21-2005, 04:17 AM
Yes, the more rep points you have the more you can add to(Or take away from) other people's rep...

I don't know the exact numbers... But yeah... Wait... Let me test something on you...

Alright... You had 142 pts before I repped you and 165 pts after I repped you... That means I give out 23 positive rep...

I have about 2150 pts of my own.... soooo..... That would mean for every "100.xx" pts you have, you give out one rep point... and/or .5 bad rep points...

Ehhh... good enough... It was just a quick test... There could be other factors I haven't added in as well.. So whatever I said above isnt entirely accurate...

I'll put it again so it's easier to understand....

100.xx pts = 1 +rep point to give/.5 -rep to give

(Again, this isn't completely accurate.)

Darth Tyranus
09-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Mista your karma idea is a nice one but really things don't work out that way. Am i nice? Depends on who you ask. Do i still get good rep? Yes. And some members are total morons and have 4 bars or so of rep because other morons rep them. Just like other people with a sense of humo....i mean big meanies give me good rep. What is good bad mean nice depends on your point of view. Which is why karma is so flawed in the first place.

MistaCloudStrife
09-21-2005, 03:03 PM
You have a point ("There is no good or bad, just opinion and perspective"-Squall) but I still have to say... Thats what reputation is... in real life and online... There are always different opinions on people, one person might think someones a total idiot and another might thionk he's pretty cool... But the rep will eventually even out...

You'll see one day... I think I've seen a few threads already where one person says something totally idiotic and he gets bad repped to no end by several people on the forum... Or someone spams intentionally, someone quad posts, or something like that...

And I'm not saying that the reputation system is perfect... Far from it... But it is a good system... And it works out in most ways...

Some things that throw off this system are the following...

-People that give rep to anyone just to cycle thier system so they could rep/bad rep a certain person again..

-Rate n Rep thread(Currently down)

-Song you're currently Listening to thread

The last two are threads where rep is spread like crazy... This means the more you post there the higher your rep gets...

Oh and thieving... Stealing throws your rep off... You could be a really nice person but you steal rupees... haha...

mimichan1000
09-21-2005, 03:03 PM
if you got enough balls 2 send someone a bad rep be man or woman enough 2 leave your name !:mad:

Saint Mana
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
I always leave my name when I bad rep someone. In fact I downright insult them when I do it. I rarely bad rep people though, as that is reserved for the true imbeciles on this forum. Most people I just mock in a post.
I am actually shocked how little bad rep I recieve...

FarEastStyle
09-21-2005, 03:46 PM
I think you should give what you get
sometimes

-Shizu-
09-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm glad some people get it, some of this stuff really is pretty funny let me share with you favorite bad reps.

This came from me telling someone to not post in black, YOU CAN'T READ IT!
I guess the hope here is that i will suddenly love people who follow their favorite whatevers blindly. Won't happen grow a sense of humor.
This was from some eva fan i served.

But my favorite reps are th ones with negative comments and positive rep, i guess the idiots sending it aren't to slick with the computer yet. And by the way Zan your sig is awesome.wow, those ppl who gave u bad reps are retarted, they should just ingore u if they dont like u.

evangelion2008
09-21-2005, 03:57 PM
if you got enough balls 2 send someone a bad rep be man or woman enough 2 leave your name !:mad: ya i go with u on that u should tell them who u are so they can send back a bad rep so it evens out

Yojimbo51
09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
that logic is extremely flawed.

Cursed~Amante
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
@ MistaCloudStrife:

although the calculations involved are a bit complex, yeah, arigatou for the whole explanation.

i got a bad rep ONCE, and it dragged me down. but the good thing is, there's a LOT of good people out here who dish out good rep. we should help out those who need rep point boosts!

and i'm one of them!

@mimichan1000:

good view. nice standpoint.

@Darth Tyranus:

it depends on what aura you want to percieve here at this website. i'm neutral, you know. just telling my views, hear?

@all the other people here on this board:

you guys deserve all the good rep points you can get! here's some!

*adds to everyone's rep*

ThatBurnyFeelin
09-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Truthfully I don't even know what rep is really for so I don't care what kind I get!

Cursed~Amante
09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
it's those little green boxes underneath your posting stats. if you give out good rep, you'll receive good rep in return. really.

*adds to rep*

Keitaru-san
09-22-2005, 06:48 AM
i only give rep, if that person realy impress me, i like that person, its nice to me and or i just feel happy.

red storm
09-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I only give bad rep to spammers and people who are obviously morons (those usually get banned in a few days). And I always leave my name.

In fact, the only time I didn't leave a name was a few days ago. It was for a positive rep, and I forgot.

Do I care if people know its me? No, what are they going to do? bad rep me? Please, one single rep of one of my friends here will give me triple that amount back. Steal from me? Yeah right, like I was using those rupees for something. Report me? Meh, I don't cuss, so their complaints will fall on deaf ears.

Keitaru-san
09-22-2005, 03:26 PM
for those who leave bad rep without name i just wanna ask a favour, just type a clever line also don't give bad rep as soon you see something you disagree read it few time then think about it read what is said then judge people has judged me this way here http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=30056 and i have answered that person what he/she was thinking.

Darth Tyranus
09-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Ahh that thread i love my post from there

I would get in some kind of car wreck and then have most of my body parts replaced with machines. At which point i would become a cyborg and lose voting rights.

Tifabird
09-22-2005, 03:36 PM
If i ever have a problem with anyone i always tell them out straight, i pride myself in not beeting around the bush- so to speak. If you dont tell them the problem then you cant sort it and if you dont tell them its you who has the problem then how can they fix it? DUH!

Yojimbo51
09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I wish more people thought that way. most of the bad stuff I've got recently has been something like LINKIN PARK OWNZ. I got a crapload of those badboys.

Keitaru-san
09-22-2005, 06:54 PM
well by now they have read this and they embaressed(hopefully)

Darrmyth
09-22-2005, 07:10 PM
i think people should put there name at the bottom of repution thing so we know to give some back

Yojimbo51
09-22-2005, 07:15 PM
It defeats the purpose if you disapprove of someone simply for giving you bad rep. the entire rep system is supposed to be based on you giving the stuff when someone posts something stupid or offensive, not giving it to them just because they think you made a bad post.

Storm Strife
09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
It sounds like a good idea, that way your butt is saved if you forgot to put your name down, and you also know who the sad person is that gave you a bad rep for random reasons that turn out to be crap....and they try to offend you by swearing. Only ever had one bad rep (maybe I should post more....)

dude that sig is kinda discusting Whoever said that, holy gosh! I'm so sorry I offended you! I'll take out that comment about Satan right away! And maybe that Platoon comm- oh wait, you mean the Yuri/Yaoi Awareness Guild pic? In that case, I don't care if you find it sick.

Keitaru-san
09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
hahaha discusting??? is that spell right?

Storm Strife
09-22-2005, 07:42 PM
No it isn't....probably a 5 year old or an oversexed 11 year old with bad spelling

Cursed~Amante
09-23-2005, 03:05 AM
@Yojimbo51

good point. every time i leave some good rep, i leave my name, to ensure that the person i just gave Rep to will know from whom it came from. really. it helps a lot!

animeseishi
09-23-2005, 03:38 AM
well.. that is right.. i dont give bad reps though.. only good ones.. and i put my name on it anyway..

Halio
09-23-2005, 07:08 AM
True they should sighn it then you might be able to fix the problem.

Tifabird
09-23-2005, 07:37 AM
i love getting bad rep back though, i like to see what people really think about me. but then again i dont get that much bad rep back at all to think of it.

Doom Angel
09-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Well I haven't ever given bad reps to anyone..and no one have given bad reps to me..

Keitaru-san
09-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Well I haven't ever given bad reps to anyone..and no one have given bad reps to me..hmmm want me to do the honor of breaking it?

Darth Tyranus
09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
You are an angry person, and the nature of your posts are not indicative of someone whom I would like to hear more from.
I have gotten my fair share of hate mail but this is by far the most civil. Here is the thing if you don't like what i say DON'T READ IT, no one is forcing you and you wouldn't be huting my feelings by skipping my posts.

Keitaru-san
09-23-2005, 03:57 PM
well.. that is right.. i dont give bad reps though.. only good ones.. and i put my name on it anyway..are you copying me? :p

Regex
09-23-2005, 04:02 PM
You are certainly pretty torn up by this. You really care that much about who doesn't like the things you say? I've seen multiple posts of yours stating that you don't care what people on the Internet think about you, but here you are, ranting and raving about how you don't like that you can't tell who it is that doesn't like you. This doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Personally, I welcome anonymous reputations, good or bad. Being anonymous encourages people to speak freely about what they feel about someone. Otherwise, the people who cared so much about what others think about them would censor their thoughts to the point of not showing when they don't like the way someone acts. Especially when commenting on a well-liked or a more "powerful" person.

But then again, the whole reputation system here is just a silly game that means nearly nothing. I just use it as an interesting indicator as to what sort of image I have created for myself here.

MistaCloudStrife
09-23-2005, 11:30 PM
the entire rep system is supposed to be based on you giving the stuff when someone posts something stupid or offensive, not giving it to them just because they think you made a bad post.
Everything is based on opinions... If someone wants to give good rep for crap reasons then let them... If they want to give bad rep for crap reasons its the same thing...

If it's okay to return good rep then it should be okay returning bad rep as well... Most of the reasons for giving good rep are crap anyway... Same goes for bad rep...

Personally, I welcome anonymous reputations, good or bad.
You say that but can't you see who repped you either way since you're a mod? XD

Regex
09-24-2005, 12:46 AM
You say that but can't you see who repped you either way since you're a mod? XD
Nah, the forum admins can, but not the regular mods. I still only see as much as you do.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 10:13 AM
You know i rep people and i don't get any back, except if i know them...:mad:

Ωmega
09-24-2005, 10:26 AM
ive gotten several bad reps and all of them didnt have names. im not crying about it. i believe that im a decent enough person to get more good than bad reps. who cares if the persons name is there? its not like you can do anything about them giving you a bad rep...except maybe give them one back...but then theres the possiblity of a small rage war between the two, and its really not needed. i try not to give bad reps, if i have a problem with someone, i pm them and tell them how ignorant they are. i think ive given two bad reps in my entire stay here,and ive been nice enough to leave my name if they ever had some stupid problem theyd like to express (both cases were given to racist members).
all in all, if you dont get a name, oh well.if you do...then congrats i guess.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 10:37 AM
i have gotten bad reps, but i'm not worried nor do i let it affect me...i'm just wanting to raise my rep, the first rep i got said i was kind and helpful and i liked that, i want to see that again...i really try to help people as much as possible, especially with the RPG on this forum..

Darth Tyranus
09-24-2005, 11:17 AM
who cares if the persons name is there?People who are tired of the "i hate u! U sux" nonsense. If people were forced to give their names i can guarantee you the amount of bad reputaions would be cut in half.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't want get another bad rep, so i'm trying to stop spamming or just cut the spamming! please help!

Masali
09-24-2005, 11:24 AM
yeah, my bad reps are for expressing my opinions. I love your bad reps tho, Red boxes are cool. so don't hesistate to tell me you don't like my opinion, I guess freedom of speech is overrated.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah, my bad reps are for expressing my opinions. I love your bad reps tho, Red boxes are cool. so don't hesistate to tell me you don't like my opinion, I guess freedom of speech is overrated.
you know, i rather get good reps...but that's just you...

Regex
09-24-2005, 02:08 PM
yeah, my bad reps are for expressing my opinions. I love your bad reps tho, Red boxes are cool. so don't hesistate to tell me you don't like my opinion, I guess freedom of speech is overrated.Striving to be known as someone people don't like to hear from, such a noble goal you have.

Look closely at what you said. Your opinions suck. You state them anyway. Freedom of speech, after all. Other people have the opinion that your opinions suck. They state that opinion. Also freedom of speech at its finest. You clearly stated that people respond to your opinions with their own opinions. If you consider that less than what you want to get out of freedom of speech, then you fail to understand just what this freedom means.

DarkPrinceBman
09-24-2005, 02:34 PM
How this thread has grown....

I dont really have the time or patients to look over every post...so i may be stating something that has already been mentioned. This thread is not to justify bad reps or good....this is the matter of should the names of the persons repping be known. I think that it shouldnt now that i am thinking clearly....because of what Reiako said earlier if someone does something wrong and is bad repped than the retaliation would be unjust. Though the bad reps for those whos opinions are not in the majority or are deemed as cruel or bad mouthing well those cant be helped......I know that people like Darth Tyranus who are alot more blunt than others or like Masali who seem just to say something so that they get negative attension.....what ever there intensions will get bad rep from people whos opinions they are confronting or disputing and the names of those who bad repped shouldnt be put out into the public if the person that bad repps really wants to have a discussion then they should PM

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 03:12 PM
How this thread has grown....

I dont really have the time or patients to look over every post...so i may be stating something that has already been mentioned. This thread is not to justify bad reps or good....this is the matter of should the names of the persons repping be known. I think that it shouldnt now that i am thinking clearly....because of what Reiako said earlier if someone does something wrong and is bad repped than the retaliation would be unjust. Though the bad reps for those whos opinions are not in the majority or are deemed as cruel or bad mouthing well those cant be helped......I know that people like Darth Tyranus who are alot more blunt than others or like Masali who seem just to say something so that they get negative attension.....what ever there intensions will get bad rep from people whos opinions they are confronting or disputing and the names of those who bad repped shouldnt be put out into the public if the person that bad repps really wants to have a discussion then they should PM
yeah, it's a good thing to discuss reps

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 06:42 PM
and I quote:"You have to be one of the biggest morons on here"
nameless bad rep, (but I do know who did it.)
LOL
its great to get a point across, now I know I did.

Kilawher Shazarade
09-24-2005, 07:53 PM
I think it should be the user's choice whether or not they want their name to appear at the end of rep'. It all depends on how noble someone is. So, I like how it is now... >_> But someone called me a n00b. It hurt me. Deep, man. Real deep.

XD Kidding.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 09:17 PM
LOL
its great to get a point across, now I know I did.
it's a very good point!:laugh:

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
at least I got him, a nice one before he got me.
and I LEFT MY NAME unlike him

evangelion2008
09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
LOL
its great to get a point across, now I know I did.i would send them a bad rep back saying the same thing u know just to scare them

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Since it was nameless he was already scared

evangelion2008
09-24-2005, 09:27 PM
good point thats those ppl that u hate that dont have any balls (srry about my french)

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Just let them come with their own reps with what they post...:p

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 09:36 PM
This guys thread was so bad and racist
Im sure he got it from alot of people

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 09:42 PM
This guys thread was so bad and raciest
Im sure he got it from alot of people
i'm not a racist, i like people of all races!:laugh:

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 09:55 PM
not you

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-24-2005, 09:57 PM
not you
i know..there are people that are and it makes me sick though

FarEastStyle
09-24-2005, 10:00 PM
yeah those kind of people really get to me

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 01:04 AM
yeah those kind of people really get to me
i know what you mean with those people...:laugh:

Darth Tyranus
09-25-2005, 06:20 AM
This thread is for FF lovers, not haters. Why not take your unnecessary FF hate somewhere else. You don't need to go to every single FF thread and complain about it. -_-
I guess this person can grasp the idea that maybe i was just sick of the glut of utterly pointless final fantasy theads.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
yes, i never really understood those threads..

ayame 5967
09-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Yes i think that they schould place there name on the bad rep bar thingy!!

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Yes i think that they schould place there name on the bad rep bar thingy!!
yeah, i agree!

Masali
09-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Striving to be known as someone people don't like to hear from, such a noble goal you have.

Look closely at what you said. Your opinions suck. You state them anyway. Freedom of speech, after all. Other people have the opinion that your opinions suck. They state that opinion. Also freedom of speech at its finest. You clearly stated that people respond to your opinions with their own opinions. If you consider that less than what you want to get out of freedom of speech, then you fail to understand just what this freedom means. the irony of this is that you're doing the exact same thing you're critisizing me for. how quaint.
and I disagree with them, however I still respect them. I can't help the fact that Im not nice. however some people are giving me reps because of my opinion. I.E. "I don't like greenday" and then I get reps "Greenday rocks you suck, no opinion for you! BAD REP!"
I would never give someone a bad rep for they're opinion.
and I personally love this one: "Ignorant Cunt" no name provided.

awww! what's wrong? are we too cowardly to give us our names? pathetic.

the fact of the matter is we can't help expressing our opinion here, thats what this is for. you state your opinion I state mine. I may disagree but that shouldn't be cause for a huge flame war.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 01:45 PM
i just think just put what you think of people down is the best and only use the bad rep for a warning...

Raimego
09-25-2005, 02:11 PM
You know i think it's more than a little unfair that members can give people bad reputation without having to attach their names to it. I have gotten my fair share of jerks that are too pussy to actually put their names on their hate mail. What are you afraid of? Some one might bad rep you? Man what a scary thought! Am i the only one thta thinks your name should just be attached regardless if the reputation is good or bad?Damn it your right!!

Keitaru-san
09-25-2005, 02:22 PM
if you put bad rep it means to them that you had intention in what they wrote, don't put anything just ignore them, i give good rep only.(rarely)

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I just give good rep expecting some good rep points from the person!

Kilawher Shazarade
09-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I think reputation, thief, change user title is another way of venting without starting flame wars. I think it's perfectly normal not to leave your name, perfectly normal to leave your name. It's all about the person who is doing it. I am very sure Ace will leave it as it is; actually, I'm sure this entire thread wouldn't sway his opinions anyway.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I only leave the bad rep for warnings...

wolfdemon
09-25-2005, 04:54 PM
i know i get bad reps because i get off topic in posts thats one of the reasons i have a bad rep the other is because i try to steal from the ones that put their name on em the ones that don't are !#$*heads i agree they should put their names on em' good or bad

wolfdemon
09-25-2005, 04:57 PM
i think that people that don't do that you know leave thier names are to afraid because they think you'll beat em' up

Keitaru-san
09-25-2005, 04:58 PM
I think reputation, thief, change user title is another way of venting without starting flame wars. I think it's perfectly normal not to leave your name, perfectly normal to leave your name. It's all about the person who is doing it. I am very sure Ace will leave it as it is; actually, I'm sure this entire thread wouldn't sway his opinions anyway.well your right.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 04:59 PM
i know i get bad reps because i get off topic in posts thats one of the reasons i have a bad rep the other is because i try to steal from the ones that put their name on em the ones that don't are !#$*heads i agree they should put their names on em' good or bad
just try not go off topic so much...

wolfdemon
09-25-2005, 05:00 PM
man i just want a green rep again o ya and do you guys/girls think i get off topic

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 05:03 PM
man i just want a green rep again o ya and do you guys/girls think i get off topic
you do kind of, just try not to stray off topic, it will be a long time before you get a good rep..kay?

FarEastStyle
09-25-2005, 05:14 PM
yeah you do,

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 05:18 PM
people don't like it when people go off topic:<_<:

wolfdemon
09-25-2005, 05:20 PM
ok i'll TRY!j/k

Kilawher Shazarade
09-25-2005, 05:45 PM
You probably get a lot of bad rep' because you keep double posting, too, wolfdemon.

My rep' is exceptionally horrible.. 'coz. Well, you'd all know if you checked the recent purchases for thief. :/ Haha.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 06:15 PM
ok i'll TRY!j/k
no, i mean it..

Yojimbo51
09-25-2005, 08:44 PM
ok i'll TRY!j/k
Oh man, no idea where you get bad rep. None. Hell, by now with that kind of material you're already one of the site's most established philosophers and intellectuals.

Most of my bad rep that sensical does actually come with a name attached, but it's usually crap like:

Some people do write poetry! blah blah blah your stupid! ~guin~

However, I did get a death threat without a name attached. I'm kind of proud of that.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
hehe, i'm all for good reps..

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't like going off topic!

Darth Tyranus
09-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Fine i got a very angry rep because i made a sarcastic remark about some gilrs beanie baby, happy now?

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 09:21 PM
i just trying to keep from going off topic...

Yojimbo51
09-25-2005, 09:37 PM
off topic LOL

Well, I guess this sorta counts. Someone changed my title to Fatty II. Well played sir! Quite clever, and very insulting as I sincerely care about someone on the internet thinking I'm fat. Original as well. This man is obviously a master of debate and discourse.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 09:48 PM
off topic LOL

Well, I guess this sorta counts. Someone changed my title to Fatty II. Well played sir! Quite clever, and very insulting as I sincerely care about someone on the internet thinking I'm fat. Original as well. This man is obviously a master of debate and discourse.
i don't think you unless you think you are..that is were it counts is honesty..

Darth Tyranus
09-25-2005, 09:51 PM
i don't think you unless you think you are..that is were it counts is honesty..

Now try in english.

Aoshi's_Wolf201
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Now try in english.
oh...

all i told him that i didn't think he was fat unless he thought he was..that is were it counts is honesty..

Kewii
09-25-2005, 10:06 PM
This is getting way too spammy.

Closed.