PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Magical girls: which is the most popular?!

FeelingRandom
09-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Which magical girl is the most popular? Is it Sailor moon and her ditsy crime fighting? Or could it be Card captor Sakura and her weird card hobby? THIS QUESTION SHALL NOW BE ANSWERED BY YOU; The anime fans, the forum addicts, and the experts on this kind of subject! Who shall come out on top? YOU DECIDE!

teed
09-17-2005, 03:37 AM
i think sailormoon is most popular cuz it came out first! so everybody knows her! and sakura is popular 2 but not like sailormoon!! but i want sakura 2 win!!:badrazz:

lovelykagome
09-18-2005, 01:04 PM
i guess sailormoon is the most popularhttp://www.animeforum.com/uploads/2233444.gif

DarkShadow60
09-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Card Captor Sakura is better hands down. nice sig lovelykagome.

anime_Geek
09-22-2005, 11:29 AM
i luv sailor moon cuz its my favourite cartoon!

Seiya Kou
11-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I think Sailor Moon is. xP

gothic_neko_youkai
11-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I concur....
Sakura in CardCaptors has that cute innocence that automatically wins her first place in my heart ^_^

LeapOfFaith
11-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I am a BIG fan of Luchia from Mermaid Melody!

buhbibutterfly
11-25-2005, 01:57 PM
who's the most popular as in well known?

that would probably be sailor moon...whether you love, like, hate, or despise the series, mostly everyone from the anime loving community has heard of it...it's been around longer so its no wonder its better known...

as for who i like the most...probably lina inverse

sailor_senshi_chibi_moon
11-25-2005, 04:38 PM
I think Sailor Moon would win, because it's older, and more people have heard of it. (It also has pretty good music) and I don't particularly like newer anime, unless it has a good plot and it's interesting. some old animes i like are.. Nadia, The Slayers, and of course Sailor Moon.

ChibiThunder
11-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Sailor Moon of course...everyone knows of or about Sailor Moon cuz it's one of the greats in the anime world

Sailor Chibimoon
04-20-2006, 10:59 AM

That wasn't the question. o_O; The question was which magical girl anime do you think is the most popular? I'd have to go along with Sailormoon because it seems that that is where most people start there magical girl obsession with ^^;

Dmeth
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
If you mean popular as in most widley known... Than I think it is probubly salior moon.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
04-20-2006, 01:54 PM
sailor moon of course. its the most popular and more people know about it. sailor moon has been around for over 10 years now and there are still many sm otakus around. besides when i think magical girl anime, sailor moon comes to mind first and always will.

as for cardcaptor sakura, i really liked it and its such a cute series. but i dont think its as popular or as well known as sailor moon is.

Maya Miyazono
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I think Sailor Moon would win, because it's older, and more people have heard of it. (It also has pretty good music) and I don't particularly like newer anime, unless it has a good plot and it's interesting. some old animes i like are.. "Nadia", The Slayers, and of course Sailor Moon.

*Gives reps to fellow fan* <3

I'm also saying sailor moon, The rest of the shows are just new versions excpect for CCS which has it's own story.

battlecherry
04-20-2006, 11:38 PM
again, here's another "sailor moon" answer :rolleyes:
there are a lot better ones (at least to me), but sailor moon probably has the most acknowledgement

clowsakura
04-21-2006, 04:16 AM
You can answer that in a second.. Look at my siggy. Cardcaptor Sakura!!!

crazy.cookie
04-21-2006, 07:28 AM
the most popular ? sailormoon i guess, even people who have nver watched anime, like my granny, know about sailormoon...but to her it is just a cartoon

lorie
04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I like sailor moon better. Though i may not watch it anymore it was my all-time favourites and if i had a chance to watch it without anything in my way then i probably would. Same with cardcaptor sakura. I liked the programme as well but I never knew the name of it so when it was gone I wanted to search for it in other channels-though as I said i didnt know the name.
Both were really good and were my first anime with Dragon Ball Z.

hybridInuyasha
04-21-2006, 10:32 AM
even though Cardcaptor Sakura is better...i'd have to say sailormoon is the most popular..

Sailor Chibimoon
05-04-2006, 12:21 PM
I am a BIG fan of Luchia from Mermaid Melody!

Yeah! Another Luchia fan! You rock! :D <3

Ms. Mew
05-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I think Sailor moon is the most popular, i've been watching that show since I was a wee child lol ^_^

Kit Katy
05-07-2006, 04:37 PM
sailor moon is the most popular in my book.

~kawaii~cherry~
05-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Thats really tough. I'm a Cardcaptor Sakura fan AND a Sailor Moon fan. Yeah, Sailor Moon's been around longer, its a pretty good show and people lovit, but CCS is just so awesome!! =^.^= Popularity side of things...I dunno, I still say CCS ^_~

animeangellover
05-14-2006, 09:22 PM
sailor moon for sure! its a classic magical girl anime! and its interesting! SAILOR MOON FOREVER!

miaka yuki
05-15-2006, 02:18 AM
akura would win with her taro cards

Thornwillow
05-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd have to say Sailor Moon, like everyone else on here. ^_^; It's just a popular anime and I don't think I haven't really met one person who didn't know about it. Both animes have their strong points and if they would of kept showing CCS here in the US, then I think it would of became just as popular. But we all know the diehard Sailormoon fans were a little upset when they brought SM over here because they changed the characters around, but eh ... that's what US translators do. lol

Sailor Moon would win.

inuyasha_lover7089
05-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Sailor Moon of course don't be stupid card captures is so cheep!!!!!!!!

Crimson Eyes
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
i'd say Cardcaptor. It's an awesome anime and it's also very popular.

YukiFuFu
05-16-2006, 04:31 AM
I think Sailor Moon would be most popular. Its been out for a lot longer and a lot more people know it right? So i think Sailor Moon would win.

IloveInuYasha!
05-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Cardcaptor Sakura would be more popular than sailormoon; even though sailormoon has been around longer than cardcaptors, that doesn`t mean that it is more popular, it only means that it is beter known.

Sweet_
05-23-2006, 04:30 AM
Sailor Moon is most popular it introduced Magical girls!

IloveInuYasha!
05-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Sailor Moon is most popular it introduced Magical girls!
are you totally, absolutely shure about that?:unsure:

Kari Yagami
05-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Well Sweet_ is right it really did, it was the starting of Magical Girls, and yes I may H.A.T.E Sailor Moon but no one can change the fact that it is really popular.

~*May Fan*~
06-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Card Captor Sakura is the best! and most popular what I think.

Rabbit Demon
06-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Ofcourse Sailor Moon is but I also think Kawaii Card Captors is also very popular.

Ayana
06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Both are very popular but I think that Sailor Moon is a queen of all Magical Girls.
Not all people know who Sakura is, but everybody knows who Usagi Tsukino is.

~*Chibi_Sasuke*~
06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Sailor Moon is pretty popular then comes CCS.

spoonfeeders
06-18-2006, 05:07 AM
i would be fair enough to say sailormoon as the most popular. it came first and even now known by younger generation.

-+Dark_hayabusa+-
06-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I think Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth is better! I like them! Although very many of Sailor Moon's fans out there......-_-;

Bucky Katt
06-18-2006, 08:17 AM
As much as it pains me to say, the Sailor Moon anime really introduced Magical Girl anime to the world. So, my vote's for Usagi and the Sailor Senshi.

Miss Moonlight
06-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Sailormoon is the epitome of 'magical girl'. It introduced magical girls to the anime world. Most anime series now copy sailormoon and it's formula of pretty girls, love, romance, and magical super heroines. Such as 'wedding peach', it's basically a sailormoon clone with a different name.

The anime was created in japan in 1992, and it's now 15 years old. It's a classic canon anime, and the stepping stone for most anime fans, including me. I doubt no one has heard of sailormoon! I started watching in when it came out in 1995 in the US, and I have been a fan of the original also since then.

and people, please read the topic before posting .. this is not one of those 'sailormoon vs another anime' threads .. it's asking what anime is most popular. There is another thread for that.

Cardcaptor Sakura would be more popular than sailormoon; even though sailormoon has been around longer than cardcaptors, that doesn`t mean that it is more popular, it only means that it is beter known.

What's the difference between 'better known' and 'more popular'? they are the same thing. If something is known well, it's popular. Don't get popularity confused with 'better then', there's a difference.

I think Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth is better! I like them! Although very many of Sailor Moon's fans out there......-_-;

*Sigh* .. the topic is not about what anime you think is 'better', it's about what anime you think is most popular, as in well known.

Bucky Katt
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Sailormoon is the epitome of 'magical girl'. It introduced magical girls to the anime world. Most anime series now copy sailormoon and it's formula of pretty girls, love, romance, and magical super heroines.Such as 'wedding peach', it's basically a sailormoon clone with a different name.The anime was created in japan in 1992, and it's now 15 years old. It's a classic canon anime, and the stepping stone for most anime fans, including me. I doubt no one has heard of sailormoon! I started watching in when it came out in 1995 in the US, and I have been a fan of the original also since then. And people, please read the topic before posting .. this is not one of those 'sailormoon vs another anime' threads .. it's asking what anime is most popular.There is another thread for that. What's the difference between 'better known' and 'more popular'? they are the same thing. If something is known well, it's popular. Don't get popularity confused with 'better than', there's a difference.
Moonlight is right when she says that most anime series copy SM. A good example of that fact, along with Wedding Peach, is Magical Project S -the Pretty Sammy series-.

_usagi_
06-25-2006, 04:23 AM
I really think Sailor Moon is the most popular but Cardcaptors are really close enough to be as popular as SM.

Sesshomaru Girlfriend
07-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Sailor Moon is the most popular.

Ginny Weasley
07-04-2006, 01:55 PM
I would say both Sailor Moon and CCS are the most popular.

Kittyninjamewmew
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
i'll say Card Captors cuz it has less votes...

Vel
07-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Sailor Moon is the most popular magical girls show. Everybody knows "SM" even if they aren't fans of anime.

cherryblosmes
07-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Which magical girl is the most popular? Is it Sailor moon and her ditsy crime fighting? Or could it be Card captor Sakura and her weird card hobby? THIS QUESTION SHALL NOW BE ANSWERED BY YOU; The anime fans, the forum addicts, and the experts on this kind of subject! Who shall come out on top? YOU DECIDE!
i Sailor moon is more popular even though i grew up with both Sailor moon and Carp capto Sakura. but i guess Sailor moon is more popular cuz ppl would think its makes more sense and become popular then than a girl that fights with cards. but i like both.

Chariza
07-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Sailormoon...duh...lol...I think Sailormoon is most popular.

Raine Dragon
07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Sakura is cuter then usagi ^_^ and she has more costumes <3

.::Tenten::.
07-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Card Captor Sakura would win, I think it's a bit colloer than sailor moon. And also I like how the anime itself is done..

Kristen
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Sailor Moon.

Simply because of how long it's been around. Japan is still making things related to Sailor Moon. Musicals, shows, etc. Within the last few years they have come out with Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, which is the live action show of it. =) Sailor Moon will forever be testing time.

Miss Moonlight
07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
also, because sailormoon *IS* (for most people, including me) the stepping stone for other anime.

-Broken Wings-
07-27-2006, 05:14 AM
Well...Sailor Moon is actully the most popular magical girl and it is highly rated and besides it was one of the first magical transforming girls and is out there for a long time but Card Captors are being close to reach the same popularity level as Sailor Moon but Card Captors are better then Sailor Moon.

dHaRmA
07-30-2006, 01:07 AM
sAiLorMoOn is pOpular beCauSe..

it hAs mAny eDitiOns..

it hAs beEn awHiLe siNce iT wAs seEn oN tV..

buT i tHinK cArdcAptoR sAkuRa is mOre pOpuLar..

iT is mOre liKed aNd prEfeRred by mAny

oVer saiLoRmOon..

:eek:

mel_001
08-01-2006, 03:33 AM
it's card captor for me, Sakura's costumes are cute, and also her bestfriend Tomoyo.

~Troublesome Woman~
08-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Sakura from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle.

She rocks 100%

Well, she's my favourite, anyway... isn't she just a different version of the Sakura from Cardcaptors?

Quik
08-01-2006, 05:12 AM
but Card Captors are being close to reach the same popularity level as Sailor Moon You werent serious were you?

But to answer the question, yes, Sailor Moon is easily and obviously the most popular Magical Girl anime. Its a masterpiece.

Suichiro Taguchi
08-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Card Captor sakura.. its a kool anime.. sailor moon is.. lets say its an over acting magical anime

Not~A-Sasuke~Fangirl
08-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Sailor Moon is the most popular because it have been out longer and it has really high ratings! and people still remember it! O_O

A True Friend
08-30-2006, 11:37 AM
It is true that Sailor Moon is more popular it has been longer,it started magical girl craze and it has cute wepons and transformations~

daisuke_dnangel
09-05-2006, 05:06 AM
sailormoon rules!!!:laugh:

Elena
09-05-2006, 06:02 AM
IMO Sailor Moon became a benchmark in Magical Girl Anime. Its odd how so many people are comparing CCS to Sailor moon in terms of their favourite magical girl. It shows that Sailor Moon probably is more popular even if you, the individual, prefer Card Captors.