PDA

View Full Version : should animes stay animes or become games

samuriagent
09-16-2005, 03:39 PM
personally i think some animes are better off as animes, but others(gundam) are better as games because they have more action and stuff

Myrcice Maeghym
09-16-2005, 03:49 PM
It depends. Some anime make GREAT video games. I suppose it all depends on one's opinion.

The Governator
09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
yeah, as youve stated Kuromaru, it depends on the anime, let say, InuYasha might make a good game if it was made by great producer that wouldnt ruin it

Myrcice Maeghym
09-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Yes, I agree. The new Inuyasha game looks fantastic.
Anime made into games are nothing without good graphics, or staying true to the characters in it.

samuriagent
09-16-2005, 03:56 PM
it did get turnd into an rpg.

Full metal alchemist was a good transition into game form

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Some things lend themselfs to games better than others that's for sure. Most anime games suck because they know suckers (IE: 90% of this forums population) will buy a crappy game based on their favorite show. Why do you think there are three inuyasha games? I can tell you this it has nothing to do with the quality of them. The best anime games out there are a hodge bodge of decent to actually good dragon ball z games. And i really don't like dragon ball z in the least, if you make a good game anyone will like it regardless of the source material.

The Governator
09-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Yes, I agree. The new Inuyasha game looks fantastic.
Anime made into games are nothing without good graphics, or staying true to the characters in it.
WAT! i didnt know InuYasha was a game!:redface: man in england the only anime games we have are, well that i have seen are Z.O.E and Z.O.E the 2nd runner, Oni, 2 Hack games, Ring of red, Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation Vs Zeon and err ill get back to ya

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 04:03 PM
I thought the zone of the enders games came before the anime, in fact I'm almost positive they did.

samuriagent
09-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Z.O.E and Z.O.E the 2nd runner,

lucky i cant find those games any where

><

The Governator
09-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Some things lend themselfs to games better than others that's for sure. Most anime games suck because they know suckers (IE: 90% of this forums population) will buy a crappy game based on their favorite show. Why do you think there are three inuyasha games? I can tell you this it has nothing to do with the quality of them. The best anime games out there are a hodge bodge of decent to actually good dragon ball z games. And i really don't like dragon ball z in the least, if you make a good game anyone will like it regardless of the source material.
OH! theres the DBZ games, thnxs Darth Tyranus :thanks::love: yeah i forgot about DBZ Budokai, 2 and 3, Ultimate Battle 22 and a few others ive forgot

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 04:21 PM
I enjoyed legacy of goku 2 on GBA never played the third one. It's 20$ right and will be circling around the bargin bins soon enough if i see it low enough it might be worth it.

BlueJade
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
They just need to work on the graphics

samuriagent
09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
and get the accual voice actors from the show.

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Both of those things matter little to the games over all quality.

Marie2007
09-16-2005, 05:03 PM
yeah some animes would be awesome as games others would probably suck as games

mimichan1000
09-17-2005, 02:42 PM
depends on the game and how well the animation does in bringing it 2 life...

†-Wrath-†
09-17-2005, 02:58 PM
In my opinion, I think that some Anime should become games and then other Animes should just continue to be just...well you know, Animes ^^

[BlackDeath]
09-17-2005, 03:05 PM
YES.. animes should stay animes as almost all anime games suck... SO MUCH. But few anime based games to hit it off, though most people outside of the asian continent would know of them. I did think GITS: Stand Alone Complex was a good success.

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 03:17 PM
I did think GITS: Stand Alone Complex was a good success.

And you would be the only one.

[BlackDeath]
09-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey, it wasn't so bad. And you are right, the ZOE games came before the animes, Idolo and Dolores were released about a year after.

I also liked Magical Knights Rayearth RPG game, that was enjoyable while it lasted <3

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Actually i have hard about that game and some very positive things about it now that i think about it. It was a magical girl style game right?

The Archangel
09-17-2005, 05:42 PM
there r no bad games just bad publishing editors

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 06:03 PM
No there are bad games, just like there are stupid people.

samuriagent
09-19-2005, 07:29 AM
the new fma game is accually good

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I think that animes should stay animes and to be turned into games. Some of the animes that have already been turned into a game are overrated now because of that.

MistaCloudStrife
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
And how about the game sequels? Video games that continue the story of the anime...

I know a couple...

Berserk for PS2...(Not sure if it's out in the US)
And
Hajime no Ippo: World Champion.. (Good for boxing fans)

There are more.. I just don't know them...

they did similar things with the Matrix and Star Wars games... add in part of the story that wasn't told in the movies...

Darth Tyranus
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
they did similar things with the Matrix and Star Wars games... add in part of the story that wasn't told in the movies...

It's called expanded universe and it's VERY hit or miss.

MistaCloudStrife
09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Yeah, so that means not all games that are derived from an anime would suck...

It all depends on if they really wanted to make a good game, or just wanted to make... money.

Darth Tyranus
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Every now and then you get a great star wars game, but that's because they manage to emualte some part of star wars that fans love (for the most part). It's a lot harder to emulate what people like about a animated cartoon show. And really there hasn't been a great anime game. There have been great star wars games, but the good to bad ratio is still piss poor.

animefan#1
04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I Think Anime Should Stay Anime Although Some Are Good For Games

Krsnik
04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
No, very few are good for games. A classic example was the FMA game, and any anime fighting game. The games themselves are horribly made, and just not enough effort was put into them. This, you can also tell. It's just no longer bothersome, it's stupid.

Storm Strife
04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Depends on the anime itself, and how well a company makes the game. There are shows that really can't port to game well, while others have the potential to become a good port. However, if a company really arses up the game, then it doesn't matter how well a show's port-over potential is.

Regex
04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Just like any movie or book, if the game is actually well thought out, it can turn out very well. A perfect example of this is Star Wars. There have been so many Star Wars games, some of which were very good, and others were completely awful. There were many people who completely enjoyed Dragonball Z: Budokai, for example. It just depends on the game itself.

Ami~chan
04-18-2006, 10:53 PM
As long as the game is good and fun to play, then I don't care.

One of the worst video games based off of an anime was the Orphen game. I can't believe I wasted money on that crap!

But if effort is put into the making of the game, and the game ends up being good, then a huge cheer from the anime fans is in order.

lorie
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
If the anime is an action anime they can make games out of it-no doubt it will be popular. If its animes that are mostly romance it might not work.
But in some cases where its romance AND action it will do good.

Buruku
04-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Depends on what anime and who makes it.

Flowering01
04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I think that unless they plan on makeing the game very good so the fans of the anime wont be dissapointed then they shouldnt mess with it at all

red storm
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Just like any movie or book, if the game is actually well thought out, it can turn out very well. A perfect example of this is Star Wars. There have been so many Star Wars games, some of which were very good, and others were completely awful. There were many people who completely enjoyed Dragonball Z: Budokai, for example. It just depends on the game itself.And the anime in question, the Budokai games had the advantage that the Dragonball series was all about fighting fighting and more fighting. Therefore, it's not that hard to make a fighting game with little to no story, because the series lacked that as well.

I for one, believe it is possible. The problem is that the creators have to remove the dollar -or yen- signs out of their eyes and take a look at the anime. What is the anime about? Is it fighting? Make a fighting game. Is it about mecha? Make a mecha game. Story? Make an RPG.

Viewing it like this makes certain anime harder to create games from, and even if you get the type right, the idea can still blow up in your face.