PDA

View Full Version : megaman

jingfi2
09-09-2005, 10:25 PM
do you like the mega man games but did the last one make you kill you game systom well here is the chance to let your anger fly free.

Nocturne
09-10-2005, 05:47 AM
For some reason I never got around to playing megaman games. What type of game is it? Action?

S_C_L-1
09-10-2005, 07:45 AM
For some reason I never got around to playing megaman games. What type of game is it? Action?

originally, they were platform games... some of the best might i add!

Altho... capcom needed some munys... so they made a crappy pokemon-ish anime... and used the fanbase of that to make a sort of platform/rpg/adventure kinda thing... it was horrible... and then they made a megaman RPG for GC/PS2 and maybe x-box (im not sure bout x-box tho)... most hated it... i personally didnt really mind... the voice acting was horrible, and the story was shaky... but the gameplay was overall pretty good. i suggest you rent it before you buy it (that is, unless your a megaman fanatic!).

Megaman has always been 1 of my favorites and even if capcom manages to screw all the original megaman fans over even more, i think i can find it in my heart to forgive em... it IS a big company after all... and companys are evil :D

Darth Tyranus
09-10-2005, 09:46 AM
To many games not enough improvements between them.

Nocturne
09-10-2005, 10:04 PM
originally, they were platform games... some of the best might i add!

Altho... capcom needed some munys... so they made a crappy pokemon-ish anime... and used the fanbase of that to make a sort of platform/rpg/adventure kinda thing... it was horrible... and then they made a megaman RPG for GC/PS2 and maybe x-box (im not sure bout x-box tho)... most hated it... i personally didnt really mind... the voice acting was horrible, and the story was shaky... but the gameplay was overall pretty good. i suggest you rent it before you buy it (that is, unless your a megaman fanatic!).

Megaman has always been 1 of my favorites and even if capcom manages to screw all the original megaman fans over even more, i think i can find it in my heart to forgive em... it IS a big company after all... and companys are evil :D

Ah, the old platform games. The closest I can to those outside of the pc - is the DK series. Oh and the occasional mario bros...

Thankyou for the info, SCL :)

lordraziel
09-10-2005, 10:10 PM
man the megaman games take me back there was like 8 i think maybe 9 for nes then there was the x's like 3-4 for the snes i dont know though i only got to play all the nes ones and just three of the x's good games though if your into that type of game

Ukyo
09-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I love the Megaman games... I like the NT Warrior more though.

BlueJade
09-11-2005, 03:47 PM
had a couple of them there ok
never got that mad at the game

Marie2007
09-11-2005, 03:48 PM
they are ok sometimes

Link-Kun
09-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I love all the megaman nt warrior games.I don't like the extreme megaman games though.

FangerZero
09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
When you say last which last ya talking about? Well I've only got 3 Megaman Games but love them all. I got both legends then the NT Worrior Blue one. I wanna get all the NT Worrior games along with the Anime. Though Does anyone know what Roll was like in the legends or where she apears in the NT Worrior Blye? I do. ^_^

S_C_L-1
09-12-2005, 09:16 AM
*shudders* i knew it would only b a matter of time before the NT fanclub got here...

FangerZero
09-12-2005, 06:16 PM
What you like the regular megaman? But I feel legends tops all megaman ^_^

Darth Tyranus
09-12-2005, 07:19 PM
For those who wan't to see mega man at his best get mega man X for the super nintendo or mega man 8 on the playsation and saturn. Those were the best sidescrollers that capcom ever made with mega man in them. And i did enjoy mega man battle network 3 but it had really repetitious game play and lousy music.

FangerZero
09-12-2005, 07:29 PM
I agree about the game play and HIGHLY agree with the music. though I like the battling

Darth Tyranus
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM
So do i but the game just got boring after the 500th card battle, since you could slaughter the computer every time if you had half a brain.

S_C_L-1
09-13-2005, 10:35 AM
For those who wan't to see mega man at his best get mega man X for the super nintendo or mega man 8 on the playsation and saturn. Those were the best sidescrollers that capcom ever made with mega man in them. And i did enjoy mega man battle network 3 but it had really repetitious game play and lousy music.

i dunno... X was extremely good yes, but zero was pretty damn good as well! and it followed the story of X very well... and the ability to use the sword was a big + for me, since i always found the buster to charge too slow or b too weak as single shot... but i guess its just a question of gameplay between those games... i always was too aggressive for X XP

Secret Asian Man
09-13-2005, 11:53 AM
I can't stand any of the recent megaman games, but i LovE all the good ol' SNES Magaman Xs. I remember how satisfying it was to Beat Sigma for the first time in Megaman X lol

Darth Tyranus
09-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Never beat sigma sadly, that final level was insanley hard because the enemies re-spawned as soon as you were off screen. That and sigma was also extremely hard.

Nineteenth
09-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Battle Network 2 had the best sounds of the BN collection.
I always said I would'nt repsond to Megaman topics because I used to be an uber megaman nut.

The only 2 things that ever let me down is that they NEVER released alot of megaman games in America and they tampered with the storyline a tad too much for the whole game to be cannon.

Before the newer megaman games, the entire storyline fit in perfectly.
Megaman - Megaman X - Megaman Legends
Now with the newer megaman games it follows a new alternate time line.

Buster Rod G!!!!!! = One of the greatest megaman bosses ever. . .Tis a shame he only appears in Rockman Zero 3 .. Well in the japanese one anyway. -/

FarEastStyle
09-13-2005, 05:40 PM
The games were ok
didn't hate them
didn't love them either. they were OK

FangerZero
09-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Well the new Megaman stuff is for the younger generation and stuff. You know like how they did scooby-doo, and then they made a newer Justice league, then a new batman, and all that crap they wanted something new and original so you can call it like a G Gundam type thing in the Gundam series something thats really out there on the side that they just needed something new to work on, that would appeal to younger people.

Darth Tyranus
09-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Can i buy drugs from you? Mega man was always aimed at young people, he had a cartoon show back in the day as well.

S_C_L-1
09-14-2005, 09:23 AM
i grew up on megaman... sadly, i never got the show... i guess they thought that every 1 in canada lived in igloos or something...

actually, when i look back at the early stages of my devellopement as a gamer, i realise that my parents were really cool! lol

they would put my bro and i to bed so they could play megaman/mario/zelda/tetris XD
and that every day, i would come home from school for lunch (it was walking distance) and id eat as fast as i possibly could just so i could get a couple of games of Doctor Mario in against my mom.

Ahhhh the good ol' days!

Donkey Puncher
09-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Megaman is good but the last boss thier are like three or two.

colonelsp
12-14-2005, 05:37 PM
I WANT EVERY ONE OF THOSE GAMES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they are the best games