PDA

View Full Version : [TV series] Zatch Bell

SilentKitty
09-06-2005, 01:26 PM
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6193/zatchbelllogo0no.jpg
Zatch Bell is a TV series which also exists in CCG and Manga form.

Type: TV series, Manga, CCG
Official Sites: www.zatch-bell.com (http://%3C/b%3Ewww.zatch-bell.com), www.zatchbellccg.com (http://www.zatchbellccg.com)
Genre: Anime, contemporary/fantasy/magic

Plot synopsis: Zatch, a Mamodo (strange demon creature) from another universe, is spirited to earth to fight in a recurring tournament against all the other Mamodos. The only catch is that they all rely on human allies to make their magic work - which is the thing that makes this show endearing instead of a godzilla-like battle of power vs power.

Zatch himself is a Mamodo who happens to be amnesiac, and the main human character is Kiyo, a genius who doesn't particularly like going to school and doesn't make friends easily. His father discovers Zatch in a rainforest in england (!? a little strange, but) and sends him to help his son.

The story gets going when Kiyo begins to realize that Zach isn't entirely normal... Which he does fairly quickly. It's difficult to ignore devastating lightning magic for long.

Of course, all the other mamodo want to win the tournament (to become kings of the mamodo worlds) too, and they aren't forgetful...

Story (8/10)
Very good story, a few strange parts (what's with mamodo worlds? Why is it if Kiyo is so smart he doesnt do well in school anyway? Why does zatch look cute but blow things up?

Characters (7/10)
Very good characterization, zatch is so cute ^^ all the characters are distinct... Sometimes, though, some of the enemies seem too similar imo.

Art/animation (8/10)
Great animation. Lots of movement, not too much standing still - really reminds me of FMA in lots of ways. Not up to Miyazaki's standard at all though >.< entirely different, "cutesy" style.

Voice acting, music (6/10)
I hate cartoon network's voice acting >.< Always have. Nonetheless, they didn't kill this one *too* badly - most of the voices are fairly appropriate, though of course I prefer the japanese ones.

Overall (7/10)
Very good, with a few holes - still a reccomended watch, especially as they just restarted the anime on cartoon network... first episode was last saturday ^^

Pictures:
Zatch: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8268/zatch4fw.jpg
Kiyo: http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/1451/kiyo5ki.jpg

Sorry if my review is not good ^^ It is my first I was trying to do it well sorry :(

Dark Knight Yuka
11-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Story. 4/10- The story wasn't that bad, it just doesn't grasp the excitment in veiwers who are watching the show.And not a lot of veiwers watch the show these days, because there is a goal and a theme to the story, just not a plot.And I wasn't very interested in that whole momoto king : I think they should come up with a better theme mostly.Other than that I give it a four.

Characters. 7/10-Yeah I give it s seven. The characters had great outfits that fitted their personality, just the only problem is some of the characters should act a certain way. I mean the way most of the charcters are or are like in this series is kinda mixed up.But other than that the rest is good.

Animation. 9/10-They did a pretty good job on the coloring and shades, good pick on colors for one thing.The only thing that was holding it back from making a ten was the weird hari colors.I wish that they would have normal hair color and not have out of the ordinary color, without human people noticing.I mean come on, you hardly ever see natural pink hair, or this shrimp person acting like an adult.Well other than that they did good.

Audio. 4/10-Some of the voices I really don't understand why they were made.They don't even match the characters voice.But atleast one or two did but the rest....uh...not so good.Atleast I gave them a four out of ten.

Overall. 5/10-It isn't what people would be so excited to watch but it wouldn't be bad either.And most of the stuff is confusing and out of place, it still did make a good rating.

Gjallarhorn
12-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Story: (6/10) Not that bad. It has its flaws, but is very entertaining. It is semi-original, using a usual theme of people with monster fighting one another, although twists it in an interesting way, of having those "monsters" be humanoid creatures. It has some serious morals about basic humanity and how we should treat one another better, how we should act how we feel. It comes across in a childish manner, but holds some serious topics.

Characters: (9/10) This is the strong point of the series in my opinion. Each character is well made, ans sticks to their personality traits and characteristics. It is also funny how their clothes match their personalities, which is an odd form of symbolism. The only complaint that I have with the characters is that their are either good and righteous at heart, or terribly evil at heart. There is little neutrality in the show.

Animation: (6/10). They did a decent job with it, but it could have been done much better. I do not like the art style much either. The way the characters look due to the art style changes very slightly each episode, and from different angles. The animation is fluid for the most part, and has good shading as well.

Audio: (6/10) This is a show with which I did not see the Japanese version, but the English dub is not that bad. Some of the voices are annoying, and they seem flat or unemotional at times when they should be emotional. The music used for the English version is very corny, but I know that it was not the theme song used for the original Japanese version.

Overall: (7/10) This anime has quite a few flaws in its animation, audio, and story, but it is still incedibly entertaining. The animation is not steady, the dubbing is good, the music is bad, and the story is semi-original in the sense that it is a rewrite of a common anime theme.

Wind Angel
01-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Story:10/10 I would give this a ten out of ten because Zatch and Kiyo are both comical. Many people may not be big on comedy but it is what make life most fun and enjoyable.

Characters: 9/10 The characters are very funny indeed and very active during the 30 minute show. Even though most people would find this a problem for some unknown reason the characters don't really talk much besides Kiyo and Zatch.

Animation: 7/10 The animation for this isn't really great with the expressions on the characters faces and all. They do not show actual motion just comical emotion which grows tiring after awhile of watching the show.

Audio: 8/10 I love the characters voices they bring kind of like a good feeling after the failure of there expressions.

Overall: 9/10 The show is a good one and I would say that it would be good for a laugh or two. This show is a good one and hopefully will stay on the air.

~fullmetal_homunculiII~
06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
Story: 10/10 Where they are based along with the great 3 dimensional buildings is just perfect. How they have the setting is perfection to and Zatch and Kio fit in just perfectly with how they tell the story is perfect. The story is perfect!

Characters: 8/10 The characters Zatch and kio are very funny and great, but the fact that their enemies look alot like them brings that rating down two

Animation: 9/10 They are greatly drawn and are very cute but sometimes when they have injuries, they go away the very next scene, but the fact that all of the characters and dynamics are great it raised.

Audio: 10/10 Zatch and Kio are great characters and their voices fit their expression!

Overall: 9/10 The animation that they have made is great and good for smiles and laughs with just a few flaws. Their characters, fit with the story and i hope it stays on and not taken over by any other shows

╬Karami Mew~Meow
06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Story: (9/10) The story's good. Having a partner like that, I just luv that.

Characters: (8/10) The characters are fine. But there's something I don't like about it. And, poor Suzy.

Animation: (8/10) The animation is cute, and colorful. But it doesn't have enough feelings in it.

Audio: (9/10) The voice is good too. Emotions in it.

Over all: 8/10 Any body could watch the show. It's great.

Peppermint Hearts
01-27-2016, 04:58 PM
They should have made more episodes of this series because they never did decide who was to be the next Momoda King in the series, maybe in the manga though.
CHARACTERS: 9, they had great charatcers, from the ditzy Suzy to Dr. Riddles, etc.. STORIES: 8, some of the story arcs were fun and exciting, yet some episodes were kinda stupid actually. ART: about a 7 OVERALL: 8, they didn't really "Complete" the series and had some really dumb episodes so I can't rate it higher, but the series was totally enjoyable to watch overall, one of the best Shonen anime series.