PDA

View Full Version : Albums that really impressed you.

Kloud_Seven
09-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Put what ever album that you think is really good and why it impressed you.

Late Registration by Kanye West-This album was just realesed and I already consider it up there with the best.His lyrics are so well put togather to the point I can consider it to be poetry.

Exodus By Utada-I am a huge fan of hers,I think her lyrics are truly one of a kind,and she easily has one of the best singing voices out there.I think this cd was over looked,even though it got good reviews,I don't know one person who owns it.

Mezmerize by System Of A Down-I think that this cd is a classic,metal and music wise they have one of the most unique styles out there.Their music is powerful and it actually has alot of meaning behind it.

The Wing Man
09-06-2005, 04:59 PM
The Beatles-REVOLVER, this is album impressed me with it it's great cover and the songs on it are great.

The Beatles-Mgical mystery tour, the album had some of my faviorte songs on it like strawberry fields forever or i am the walrus.

The Beatles-SGT. Peppers lonely hearts club band, the album had very good music and the style of the sgt. peppers thing is great.With the pictures of the beatles in the outfits and stuff.

The Beatles-ABBEY ROAD, the album had the greatest cover to a album that i have ever seen.And it has alot of songs for a common beatles album.

The Beatles-Let it be, great cover, and the music like across the universe or let it be are some of the best songs i have ever heard.

The Beatles-Rubber Soul, some songs like michele or in my life are just absolutely great songs.Also the beatles change there music up again like in most of there albums.

The Beatles-The White Album, my all time faviorte album.

Led Zeppelin-Led zeppelin 2, the album has some of the best rock that i have ever heard in my life.

Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin 4, another great rock album with such hits like stairway to heaven.Also it was just good like most of zep's albums.

Led Zeppelin-Houses Of The Holy, the album was awesome!It had rock and had a cool kinda jazz/rock combo.

Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, has one of the best rock songs of all time(In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida).Also the band iron butterfly is solid on the drums and keyboard.

Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of the Moon, great album with a rare and very perfect example of good music.And was a title, dark side of the moon...

Pink Floyd-Wish You were here, the album was very good music and it was a great way for floyd to continue there great music.

Jimi Hendrix Experience-Electric Ladyland, the album has such hits as all along the watchtower.Or it also haveing the very hard rock of jimi hendrix on the guitar.

Jimi Hendrix Experience-Are You Experienced?, Probally one of the rock albums in the history of rock albums.

The Who-Tommy, the album has great songs, the song pinball wizard and many others that inspired the rock opera "TOMMY".

There are lots more, that i can not think of what they are at the moment.

paranoid android
09-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Radiohead - OK Computer. A concept album to put all others to shame. It's combination of pure rock and electronic and experimental sounds is amazing.

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief. The best lyrics I have ever heard, and music to match.

Noodles
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
The Gorillaz new album Demon Days!!!!!!It rocks.

Annik
09-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Push the Button. The Chemical Brothers

My friend made me listen to it a few months back and I had it on repeat for the longest time.

Loosely, I like The Chemical Brothers. Loosely. So when my friend came by with the CD, I sort of said, "Oh, okay. I'll listen to it later." Then I promptly tossed it on my desk and forgot about it...

When I finally popped it in... I was hooked. Instantly.

--

You'll Rebel To Anything. Mindless Self Indulgence

I don't even have this one and I adore it. The first three songs had me going, "Whoa! What happened?"

I'll tell you what happened. They filled out their sound (as opposed to their album, "Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy," in which it's mostly all higher pitched sounds). When I heard Straight to Video, I suddenly realized that Jimmy could pull off a variety of sounds. Screams, squeaks, coos... and even a cold.

Which brings me to...

Tight. Mindless Self Indulgence

I'm working on getting all the songs on this. Still.

What impressed me? If I had to choose one thing, it would be Bite Your Rhymes.

"Because I reign supreme in my own damn mind."

And there you have it.

Marie2007
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
probably any album cover done by the Beatles or AC/DC

Dark-Sasuke
09-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Absolution-muse this album was awesome
The reason-Hoobastank my favorite album

Luna13
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Lifehouse:Lifehouse

It impressed me cuz the No Name Face album wasn't their best but this albam ROCKS. You can fall in love with all of the songs.

[Deathscythe]
09-08-2005, 03:47 AM
Well one for now that I can think of is

Fozzy - All That Remains

Many people might not agree with me though if you see in from my point of view maybe you'd understand -- Unfortunatly right now I'm to stupid to think how to type it up but never mind I'll give my reasons later on in the day

Doom Angel
09-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Nymphetamine from Cradle of Fith:Because it was the first time I has listen to black\thrash metal!They rule!Their are my fav band right now XD!

Hate crew deathroll from Children of Bodom:Just yesterday I got their album and I think they are GREAT!Great vocals good lyrics and very good guitars...

Master of puppets from Metallica:Very very good cd!I really like the beginning with the thrash metal track "Battery"!Excellent are also "Master of Puppets","Welcome hom(Sanitarium) and "Leper Messiah"!I think it's one of their best album

Number of the beast from Iron Maiden:Ok I think everyone who listens to metal must have this cd!It's must have!Very good vocal from Bruce and excellent music!

Kurumirina
09-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I like demon dayz from the gorrilaz...yaa I kinda like it...and I don`t noe it crazy frog has an album cause their song is still stuck in my head!!!

Darth Tyranus
09-08-2005, 01:56 PM
The biggest musical surprise i have ever gotten was MSI second CD you'll rebel to anything as long as it's easy. What an amazing cd that turned out to be! I was jamming along in the car and i never do that.

Pahuljica
06-26-2006, 09:00 AM
"MCMXC A.D."
"The Cross Of Changes"
"Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi"
"The Screen Behind The Mirror"
"Voyageur"
by Enigma

Master Of Shred
06-26-2006, 11:08 PM
The Following Megadeth albums...

Peace Sells But Who's Buying?

Rust In Peace

Damageplan's "New Found Power"

Joe Satriani "Super Colossal"
Children of Bodom's "Hate Crew Death Roll"

lucky leprachaun
06-26-2006, 11:35 PM
deep river - hikaru utada. it was really impressive. but the music video to hikari(simple and clean) was kind of dissapointing

BoldMushroom
06-27-2006, 02:41 AM
The Beatles - Abbey Road
The first Beatles album I'd ever listened to. Got me hooked on The Beatles.

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
The first album I could listen to beginning-to-end without skipping a track.

The Beatles - Revolver
My favorite Beatles album (out of the four I've heard in their entirety) and one of my favorite albums ever.

Cream - Disraeli Gears
Cream has such an innovative, refined sound... this album really floored me.

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
One of the best sophomore albums I've heard in recent years.

the pillows - Another Morning, Another Pillows
A fantastic collection of B-sides and unreleased tracks and such. If I didn't know what this album was before I'd listened to it, I probably would've thought it was a studio album.

Sinnaku
06-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Adema - Unstable
Very personal, very out there. Incredibley awsome. I like the fact that it's all life-based.

Ministry - Dark Side of The Spoon
Despite the parody title there's a lot of good songs on here. They make sense to the band and they make sense to me.

Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Need I an explanation? These songs were the kind that made you stop what you're doing and listen to what's coming next.

Aerosmith - O Yeah! Collection
All of Aerosmith's best work on 2 CDs. I am after all a hardcore Aerosmith fan.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Good album, good songs, RHCP, and it's good to see these guys still doin' business.

Lamb of God - Ashes of The Wake
Came out to do an anti-war album. Lamb of God's criticism of US soldiers ordered to murder the civilians in Iraq.

Ratt - Ratt
Ratt is a great band with a lot of memorable songs. How can I exclude it? They were brave enough to be a Glam Band even if they didn't look it.

Alice Cooper - Goes to Hell
I've liked Alice's music since I was 12, and I don't think i'll hear more truthful songs than what's on this record.

Kiss - Platinum Record
It's platinum, that's reason enough. Plus, Kiss rocks.

GWAR - War Party
Gwar is notorious for being the most disgusting and vile, putrid band on earth but they make some of the best music i've ever heard. Also, never has Gwar collected a bigger amount of variety since We Kill Everything was released.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Music that some people have chosen to live by.

Helloween - The Dark Ride
Helloween makes some amazing music. The singer, Andi Deris has one unique voice complimented by a screamin' guitar. Perfection.

Himsa - Hail Horror
Not for the weak, I like this album because there are very hardcore riffs on it. It gives a few things to practice with on my guitar. Most bands can't do that for me. They're not fast or hard or technic enough. Himsa is all of that and more.

Skid Row - Skid Row
The first album was what really got me into Metal. Not that crappy new stuff dubbed "NuMetal" no no no, that stuff sucks. I'm talking about good Metal, Heavy Metal that Sebastion Bach belonged in.

The Who - Who's Next?
You would never belive that the only reason I bought the record was because The Who had just pissed on a pendulum. Amazingly enough, that was a good choice because now I love every Who song I encounter.

Black Sabbath - (Title Forgotten)
I love Black Sabbath for the song Iron Man mainly but even more so because it has Ozzy in it. Ozzy can really work the magic with his songs people.

Midnight Panic - Midnight Panic
Following Marky Chavez from Adema to this band, i'm glad I did because as always, his music is outstandingly great.

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell
Not a lot of people know about Meat Loaf. If you do then, awsome. But I like him because of his extreme takes on "love" and perception. I like his music for the sounds he makes and the talent within it.

Shadow's Fall - Shadow's Fall
A mixture of Death Metal and Grunge, Shadow's Fall is never short to please. Plus, some amazing guitar riffs in there.

Guns N' Roses - Guns N' Roses
The first album was probably the best. This is my opinion but GNR threw out some hard-to-beat variety in this record.

jewel2sparkle
06-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Deadbeat Sweatheartbeat - The Juliana Theory
Don't skip a song....Every single one is great.

Gandizzl
06-27-2006, 09:05 AM
That's so many...
Guess I'll pick a few :3

Ayreon - The Human Equation
Arjen Luccasen has gathered some of the worlds greatest musicians and vocalists and made one helluva an album.
My favorite concept album ever made.

Seigmen - Rockefeller
This is the greatest live album ever.
Since Seigmen hadn't performed for real in 7 years I was afraid they had lost their touch, but it's there as never before.

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
After I had heard the single "My Twin" I just could barely wait for the full album.
Katatonia has delivered extremely well on the last 4-5 albums and they did it again.

Rammstein - Rosenrot
I heard a lot of lousy recordings of "Benzin" long before the singel released and I was very excited, as the hardcore Rammstein fan I am.
I heard from a lot of people who had gotten their hands on the promo that the album sucked and did not suddenly have high expectations for the album.
But I really like the album, I think it's great.
They have shown a new side of Rammstein which is very good.

System Of A Down - Mezmerize/Hypnotize
I expected high quality on "Mezmerize" and that is just what I got.
One of the greatest albums in history.
I did not think they could follow up the succes when "Hypnotize" released but they did.

Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
This is my favorite album from 2005.
I love this album so much; the vocals, music, lyrics...
I did not expect a lot after "Enemies Of Reality" but they were really back up, and made possibly their best album.

In Flames - Come Clarity
The vocals on this album is the most impressive from In Flames ever.
The lyrics are also brilliant.

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Is this the greatest Opeth album?
I'm not sure, I love all their stuff, but this album has something with it.
Beautiful combination of chaos and harmony.

The Wing Man
06-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Cream-wheels of fire

Jethro Tull-Aqualung

The Who-Live at leeds

The Beatles-A Hard Day's Night

Carol King-Tapestry

Tapestry is just a amazing album.

Music Fiend
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Get Lifted - John Legend

With help from his buddy, Kanye West, Legend creates a unforgettable musical experience. Songs detailing his past relationships, how to not get caught cheating, and surviving through life's struggles are all present. It't definately one of the most impressive albums I have ever heard.

Elfy
06-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Bat out of hell - meatloaf
I was totally impressed.

Lose your illusion 2 - guns and roses

origin - evanescence

Oceanwind - Nightwish

Tsuna Kadiri
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Stone Temple Pilots - No. 4

To me, the perfect combination of all STP's albums leading up to when it came out. Core's edge, Purple and Tiny Music's more pop-like element, I think it's a really nice blend.
Sort of funny how after that, Shangri-La-Dee-Da took things into a pretty different direction.

The Wing Man
11-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Some others that really impressed me.

The Eagles-Hotel California

King Crimson-In the court of the crimson king

Yes-Yes songs

James Gang-James gang rides again

ELO-Strange Magic

Smitty
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
No order:

Coheed and Cambria-In keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: Epic to the core. A great cd with great songs.
Guns N Roses-Appetite for Destruction: Slash rules. Period. The other musicians aren't bad either.
Red Hot Chili Peppers-By the Way: Really reflective and masterful. Great musicianship.

That's what I'll list now, but there are so many more I won't bother to list. Those are my favorites as of now.

Miss Moonlight
11-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Josh Groban's 'Closer' CD. (In 2003.) I love his classical music and love songs. ;)

Smitty
11-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I forgot to mention Core by the Stone Temple Pilots. I love this cd, it's great stuff.

Luna13
11-15-2006, 06:16 PM
The Suffering & the Witness by Rise Against: I find this album really well written and all the songs are so great I can't put it down. Every song gets you hooked. I find it as one of the best in my collection.Karmacode by Lacuna Coil: The songs are beautiful and the band is simply fantastic.

Smitty
11-15-2006, 09:12 PM
The Suffering & the Witness by Rise Against: I find this album really well written and all the songs are so great I can't put it down. Every song gets you hooked. I find it as one of the best in my collection.Karmacode by Lacuna Coil: The songs are beautiful and the band is simply fantastic.
Karmacode is good, I really enjoy her voice.

Scarlet Wings
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From a Memory by Dream Theater. It's a masterpiece and its instrumentals are some of the best I've ever heard.