PDA

View Full Version : Remembering The Good Times

Sinnaku
09-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Well, it's that time again. Time for old consoles to leave us and new, more amazing, systems to come into our lives. Let us take a moment to remember some of the best days we had with the Xbox, PS2, and the Gamecube.

It's a console!
Xbox.
What was great about the Xbox was that it was so much more than a game system. It had a lot of features that other's just didn't have. Microsoft really took their system seriously and put out a lot of great title that anyone could get into. The Xbox was a unique console because of the originality in most of it's games. And when the new generation of video games came originality wasn't a huge starting point for games or for gamers. Microsoft really picked up the ball with the Xbox. It's too bad we have to let it go...

(Xbox In A Coffin)

It's a console!
PS2
Sony has always had a huge impact on the gaming industry and with the PS2 they really proved that they were capable of great work beyond anything we have ever seen. The visuals on the PS2 blew fans away because at the start of the new game generation, people weren't used to seeing those kinds of effects. Sony attracted the gamers who wanted long and challenging games. They didn't really try out too many shooter or anything like that but they still came out over the top with the most original of any games. The PS2's titles may have consisted of action adventure games but they were out of this world. The PS2 had a good long run and now, i'm afraid, its time has come for us to move on...

(PS2 In A Coffin)

It's a console!
Gamecube
The Gamecube was the one that most people wanted for all the stunning RPGs on it. Everyone can pick up a game for the Gamecube and instantly get into it and love the game the whole way through. Nintendo tried to focus on more than the just mature gamers. If you look at the other consoles, eight out of ten games are rated M and maybe the other two are E. Nintendo really sent us flying with their games, they had excellent graphics, inteligent storylines, and professional artwork. The Gamecube had it's glory but, unfotunately like the others, we have to pack up and move out to our new generation of games.

(Gamecube In A Coffin)

We all had a good run, and we all mourn for the losses. We all suffer a great deal of sorrow in our hearts. But the passing of these fine consoles will also allow the birth of the new game generation to provide the same awe to our gaming desires... Just as these three did.

Comments? (Sorry for being such an art-fag about that.)

Yojimbo51
09-04-2005, 02:00 AM
News flash the systems aren't dead yet, i get so sick of people pissing themselves over the next gen when there are still games (good ones) coming out right now!

Krsnik
09-04-2005, 02:27 AM
The most revolutionary Machine? The Magnavox. 'Nuff said.

Loljoke
09-04-2005, 06:40 AM
I wont buy any more games for my xbox, so I consider the genereation for me "dead".
The next gen is coming fast, and I dont have the money to finance both games for this and the next gen.

Yojimbo51
09-04-2005, 12:38 PM
I wont buy any more games for my xbox, so I consider the genereation for me "dead".
The next gen is coming fast, and I dont have the money to finance both games for this and the next gen.That's great for you but the systems are not dead and won't be for a least another year.

pyrothunder336
09-04-2005, 12:41 PM
These systems aren't dead. i'm sure they won't be for a few years with alot of games still coming from Japan

Marie2007
09-04-2005, 02:57 PM
everything about the consoles from this past year were great