PDA

View Full Version : More Inteligent.

Sinnaku
09-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Some people may or may not be aware of the serveral studies between wich sex has more inteligince.

I just heard about another two that were done in Europe (Germany & Britain) that are the 5th and 6th studies of gender inteligence. I am not suprised that the conclusion was the same as the previous 4 and came up with the results that state the male has an averaged 5.3 more IQ points than the female.

And not all studies did IQ, some did brain speed. Those tests got the same answers too. Those ones are stating that the male brain works about 5.4 times faster than the female brain. So it's the same exact thing. Now i'm not calling any girls I know stupid, i'm just bringing up the controversy and the results. Now other countries may or may not do more studies on wich gender is more inteligent but Britain's was meant to be the last.

And ladies, don't come in here fuming at me because I am talking about men being smarter. And trust me, over 100 of the most inteligent minds in the world, men and women, have all came up with the conclusion that the average male is more inteligent than the female.

Opinions?

Darrmyth
09-01-2005, 07:35 PM
is that true i thought female's where samrter than men LOL

Taveenai
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, I know that your are a lot smarter than me. But you know that I know that there are some guys that are so stupid they couldn't tell the grill from the burger. Ah that's a bad example but you know what I mean.

I'm not the smartest person ever but there's no way i'm dumb!
I don't care about thier tests because I know I don't have the 'average' IQ.

Ωmega
09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, those tests were taken in countries where the male is the dominate gender.They go through much more schooling than women do.If the test were to be taken here,where women are equal to men,i think females would surpass the males. i say this for the simple fact that every older male with farther schooling than i can do simple tasks at the same time along with other things (for the sake of my friends,i wont list the other things they tend to do...)

The Awakening
09-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, those tests were taken in countries where the male is the dominate gender.They go through much more schooling than women do.If the test were to be taken here,where women are equal to men,i think females would surpass the males. i say this for the simple fact that every older male with farther schooling than i can do simple tasks at the same time along with other things (for the sake of my friends,i wont list the other things they tend to do...)
Several American scientists have done the same tests. As usual, they got the same EXACT answers. About 5.4 more IQ points. I seen this in a book of world facts. Yes I read... I know it's soooo a crime! -_-

MirrorMan
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Taveenai!

Yeah I heard about this on the news. And then they said it again on G4's Attack of the Show.

sjøpølse
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Could you give your sources, please?

Not that I don't believe what you just said, but I remain sceptic.

First, without going on a feminist ranting, we have to figure that IQ tests are biased by what other humans considered being intelligence. Now, that somewhat disable the validity of an IQ test, but moreover, those humans, without stigmatizing women's situation in scientifical community, were mostly male, they still having more place in that community (it is changing, but we can't deny that fact). Thus, those tests are biased both by humanity and a one-gender view of things (supposing it is different).

On the other hand, you were talking of brain speed. Brain "speed" is induced by synapsis. The electric flow depends on the state of development of "dentrites" at the end of the neuron. Those neurons develop by stimulation. Is that development affected by this mysterious super-duper Y chromosom? I don't know. Second off, the synapsis can also be chemical (the first one I presented being electrical), thus transported by neuro-mediators (don't quite know if it is the name in english), serotonine, acetyl choline and catecholamine, plus aminated acids and more. Is their quantity altered by whether the person is a male or a female, then again, I don't know.

Still, I'd like to have answers, hence the sources.

Nice theory though, I'd find it funny if it were true.

demonplight
09-01-2005, 08:42 PM
I don’t think that this really has do about knowledge, or what you know. This is about the ability to process data. The Male and Female mind are different, built for different things. Male sex is focused on war, sex, and well food. That is what we do. The female is genetically more inclined towards the caring of a family, raising young, maintaining a social unit. To say that one is better than the other is a bias. We must take into account what each sex is designed for different aspects of what our species’ goal is that is survival threw reproduction like all the others. And this is a team effort. That is why there are two sexes, and it takes two to reproduce. So it isn’t about which is above the other, because guys can’t communicate, and girls cant throw a ball. But together we can build a world for each other.

yotsuba-chan
09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
You are pretty confident in male intelegence for someone who spells "which" wrong, sexist. FYI, that study doesn't account for everyone, just the people who took it. Other studies show that women can do many things at once, and be just as good at that thing as men, who can only focus on one thing.

<I know that that study accounts for only the people who took it because I know and know of some pretty moronic men.>

Kurai Ha
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
These are the top scientists of neurology, they probably take into consideration the bias. Males being focused for food, hunting and war, woman leaning toward the caring of family, raising young and maintaining a social unit is basic psychology. If tests around the world are coming up with the same result, maybe there's truth to it.

demonplight
09-01-2005, 09:12 PM
in this blog, I would refrain from placing one sex ahead of the other. It only opens the forum for flamming, and insults. and only shows your ignorence.