PDA

View Full Version : Do your Parents Spy on You

Priest The Holy
08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
mine do some times but not alot

icy-snow
08-30-2005, 12:18 PM
my parents dont spy on me....im old enough for them to figure out that i can take care of myself but why do ur parents spy on u?

The Governator
08-30-2005, 12:27 PM
mine dont, because there cool

Myrcice Maeghym
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
My mom still does, probably...in fact, I'm sure of it. o.o She's so nosy. But she doesn't anymore...hehe...XD BUT...they knock on the door and open it before I even answer. That makes me mad. It's a little thing called... PRIVACY...I have none...;_; That's why I lock mah door. XD

bakakame
08-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Mine do, all the time.

They open the door and then kncok, no matter where I am, and they never leave me alone. Seriously I'll be in the bathroom and they'll open up the door "so what are you up to?" "TRYING TO TAKE A **** YA' MIND?!?!"

They also snoop through my room, and then try to cover it up with the most pathetic excuses, like "Is the remote in here?" why would it be here? Or "Have you seen the phone" try on the wall, where it always is.... and the worst one was "Have you seen the dog?" no mom, it's been dead for the past 2 months, remember?

SilverOcean
08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
My mom has never spyed on me. I guess because I've never really given a reason for her too. Then again maybe it's because I'm more like the rest of my family than I thought?

Wandering Samurai
08-30-2005, 12:40 PM
well they don't spy on me but they do invade my privacy.

kaisen
08-30-2005, 12:44 PM
They don't spy on me... they're probably too busy =P well, they trust me enough to let me out alone^^

Deathbyspartan
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
well no mine dont i would be very angry if they did and tell them to get lost. too paraniod thats what i say

Priest the pacifist
08-30-2005, 01:41 PM
My mom does every now and again.I mean,she's not constant with it or nothin.:ooh: Priest the holy,don't double post.:ooh:

Jakiao
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
My mother used to spy on me. Her reasons were understandable and acceptable. While growing up, you need to have some guidance in your life. Without your parents watching over you, you may make some very big mistakes. Yes, some mistakes are best left to happen so that you may learn from them, but then there are those very dangerous mistakes that you should have to learn from.

As I have grown older, my mother has put her faith in me. While growing up, I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without first telling her where and who I would be with. But these days, she no longer keeps an eye on me. I'm an adult, I am grown up, and she feels I can make my own choices now. Yesterday, for example, I didn't tell her that I wouldn't be home when she got home. I got home at around 8PM. She smiled, asked how my day was, and didn't bother to pry into my life like she would have as I was growing up.

I would hope that anyone who complains about their parents spying on them would realize that it is for the best. A parent who isn't constantly needing to control your life but is only looking out for you shouldn't be scorn just because they spy on you.

As you grow up, you will realize this (if you haven't already). So next time, before you get mad that your parents were spying on you, think twice and ask yourself if they were just making sure you weren't going to possibly hurt yourself. They are only trying to protect you.

Loljoke
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Mine dont ^^,

animeglobe
08-30-2005, 02:55 PM
sometimes my mom does like always sneaking around my room reading my personal stuff without asking. but now she doesn't do that anymore.

Zedekiah
08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
No. And I don't have anything to be worried about 'em finding out about.

Which makes it even more pointless if they were to.

Marie2007
08-30-2005, 03:41 PM
mine do all the time it is annoying

sumae_the_firewolf
08-30-2005, 03:53 PM
My dad does ALWAYS... he has a computer up staires and its connected so he can wacth everything I do. He saves my chats and read my e-mail! I am sick of it. If he wants to know what I am doing he only has to ask to see. I am not doing bad stuff. GAWD!

bakakame
08-30-2005, 10:26 PM
My dad does ALWAYS... he has a computer up staires and its connected so he can wacth everything I do. He saves my chats and read my e-mail! I am sick of it. If he wants to know what I am doing he only has to ask to see. I am not doing bad stuff. GAWD!
I know seriously, I have never given them a reason to distrust me, but they do anyway. And yea, I guess it wouldn't have been bad the first 10 years or so, but for god sake after 19 years I would hope that any normal person would cut it out..... I need a better job so I can move out.

Notthesameanymore
08-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Ha!! when do they not spy on me???? Its soo annoying....and they stink at it anyway...lol they always stay in obvious places like...oh right in behind of me.....what the?? like I can't tell they're back their they're soo noisy and nosy....lol which is one reason i lock myself in my room.....they dun bug me then.

Ukyo
08-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Mine use to, and never invaded my privacy... So i'm good, the worse my mom does is check to see what i'm doing and she tells me.

Lone.Wolf
08-30-2005, 11:44 PM
My dad spys on me sometimes but I give him reasons to, like not telling him who I hang out with and how I'm always on the computer. I know I would spy on me if I were my father. I just cofused myself on that last sentence.

super trunks
08-31-2005, 12:09 AM
mines dont but my grandmothers does some times

Deathbyspartan
08-31-2005, 01:26 AM
My mother used to spy on me. Her reasons were understandable and acceptable. While growing up, you need to have some guidance in your life. Without your parents watching over you, you may make some very big mistakes. Yes, some mistakes are best left to happen so that you may learn from them, but then there are those very dangerous mistakes that you should have to learn from.

As I have grown older, my mother has put her faith in me. While growing up, I wasn't allowed to go anywhere without first telling her where and who I would be with. But these days, she no longer keeps an eye on me. I'm an adult, I am grown up, and she feels I can make my own choices now. Yesterday, for example, I didn't tell her that I wouldn't be home when she got home. I got home at around 8PM. She smiled, asked how my day was, and didn't bother to pry into my life like she would have as I was growing up.

I would hope that anyone who complains about their parents spying on them would realize that it is for the best. A parent who isn't constantly needing to control your life but is only looking out for you shouldn't be scorn just because they spy on you.

As you grow up, you will realize this (if you haven't already). So next time, before you get mad that your parents were spying on you, think twice and ask yourself if they were just making sure you weren't going to possibly hurt yourself. They are only trying to protect you.
man thats whack parents spying is not fair and hell not right, maybe just because your young dont meen you have a personal life. im sorry but parents need to trust im always tellin mine to leave me be im fine but how would they like it if we started to go through there mail or intruding every 5 minutes its just not right and you should tell them stop

Jakiao
08-31-2005, 01:38 AM
Notice how I said "not controlling" in there? A parent who reads all of your mail and gives you little to no privacy is too much. But a parent who wants to know where you will be and what you are doing is reasonable. When you're young, you aren't exactly rational. As you grow older (15, 16, and so forth) they should begin to trust your decisions and stay less and less in touch with what you're doing. But when you're 12, 13, 14, etc, you're too young to be trusted. Girls going through boyfriends every week, boys doing the similar--that is one sign that you're too immature to make rational decisions. If you made a ration decision, you'd pick someone to date and date them for a long time. You'd base your choice on logic not lust.

You need to look at this from the perspective of an adult and not that of a child. Otherwise you will forever say that I am wrong, parents are too invasive, and you're right. That is arrogant and extremely naive. When you grow up, you'll understand that older people understand life better than you do because they've lived through more and have had more experience than you.

Whether or not you can accept that is your problem. I'm not here to justify myself to a child.

Deathbyspartan
08-31-2005, 01:57 AM
but that is not eactly spying now is it thats just wanting to know where you are, but still that gets annoying and im 15 going on 16 but i fought you ment spying as in getting someone to look out for you when your not with parents or other

bakakame
08-31-2005, 02:07 AM
When you grow up, you'll understand that older people understand life better than you do because they've lived through more and have had more experience than you. That's another thing that really bothers me when they say "oh I know what you're going through" and blah blah blah.... no, you don't know what I'm going through. I've gone out of my way to avoid letting you know what I'm going through. And if you DID know what I'm going through, then you should know that nothing can be more aggrivating right now than TELLING ME THAT YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH, CAUSE YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT I'M NOT GOING TO BELIEVE YOU AND SEE IT AS A FORM OF NAGGING!!

Jakiao
08-31-2005, 02:10 AM
You'll be 16 in 7 months, so not quite going on 16.

I used to resent my mother for wanting to know what I was doing, with whom I would be doing it, and why I would be doing it; however, I am thankful for it now. I look back on my teen years and see the big mistakes she saw me walking into, and I am thankful she stopped me. I'm 18 now, and I will be 19 in 5 months. I see the world and my mother quite differently now then when I was 15. Why? I understand why she does it.

It is true, some children do need extra attention. There are those who are headed their way to an adulthood in prison. For those children, I would expect the parents to read their mail and keep an eye on their computer activity. You earn your trust; you just don't just have it handed to you on a silver plate. If you do something so incredibly stupid (like any assortment of crimes), then I have no pity on you if you whine about your parents reading your mail and demanding to know every detail about your life. You lost their trust and the right to have privacy.

Trust is earned. So earn it, don't demand it.

Bakakame: What I said applies to those in the early and mid teen years. If your profile has your right birthday, then you're 19. That's a totally different story. If you're 19 and your parents are being majorly obsessive on your privacy for no reason, then they have a control problem. I suggest you find a way to escape their control. Everything I've said thus-far doesn't apply to people our age.

Deathbyspartan
08-31-2005, 02:15 AM
You'll be 16 in 7 months, so not quite going on 16.

I used to resent my mother for wanting to know what I was doing, with whom I would be doing it, and why I would be doing it; however, I am thankful for it now. I look back on my teen years and see the big mistakes she saw me walking into, and I am thankful she stopped me. I'm 18 now, and I will be 19 in 5 months. I see the world and my mother quite differently now then when I was 15. Why? I understand why she does it.

It is true, some children do need extra attention. There are those who are headed their way to an adulthood in prison. For those children, I would expect the parents to read their mail and keep an eye on their computer activity. You earn your trust; you just don't just have it handed to you on a silver plate. If you do something so incredibly stupid (like any assortment of crimes), then I have no pity on you if you whine about your parents reading your mail and demanding to know every detail about your life. You lost their trust and the right to have privacy.

Trust is earned. So earn it, don't demand it.
whoo how do you know?? well i will be 16 six months really but dont matter
dont talk like you think i demand trust because i dont i actually do a hell of alot for my mum and dad so ya know dont presume im a lazy ars wanting everything. i think i have there trust just my mum is over protective because past events on other stuff and she compares herself to her sister

bakakame
08-31-2005, 02:23 AM
I suppose being over-protective may be an explination for some of these, but that's still no excuse for some of the actions they take.

Looking at it now I guess my parents just think they need to give out extra attention since my sister had good enough grades to go to a university and is studying out of state. Really though I HATE personal attention, especially from family. It cover's all of the spectrum too from nagging about how unorganized my undergarments drawer is (and my mom actually goes through everything to straiten it outhttp://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/dry.gif) to pity because I don't have friends... If nothing else this would only influence violent behavior in someone with a fraction less self-control.....

Deathbyspartan
08-31-2005, 02:43 AM
yea i agree with bakakme parents go too far and insane sometimes im sure most people would be able to be indrpendent and you say your 17 now thats crazy, maybe its time to move out then be a independent person

Saiyuko
08-31-2005, 03:18 AM
No, not really, but they don't trust me, I sneak onto the computer too much and got caught several times. >_<

macus2
08-31-2005, 05:14 AM
they used to try but i always out smarted them

Demon s617
08-31-2005, 05:22 AM
all parents spy on thier childern its wat they do. mine still does and im 15.

stigmatize
08-31-2005, 05:42 AM
Well...I'm lucky enough to have gained my parent's trust. I got my parent's trust by earning it. I have to be rational and careful and know what's my limits to earn their trust. So, no, they don't spy on me. But i do have to tell them if i'm going somewhere, and who am i going with generally and a slight idea of what are we gonna do. But they don't go spying on me or bugging me all they time. And they don't bother me or ask what i'm doing, because they trust i know how to judge my actions.

It's sort of like a pact. They will give me freedom and don't snoop if i behave. I'm gonna have to keep that trust up if i want freedom from them. I think it should be this way, for both the parents and their children.

Also, parents should know their limits and when to give their children some privacy at times. And mine knows that over-prying pisses me off. So thankfully, they don't do it.

............Unless of course, they have been snooping around without me knowing. :mellow:

ranma_my_luv
08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
mine doesn't.....or does she?.....o.0

Jakiao
08-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Deathbyspartan: I never once said anything about you. The only time I've directly addressed anyone was bakakame at the end of that post.

Engi no Juushichi
08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
I don't have my parents spying on me I really don't do anything worth spying on, I'm for the most part well-behaved. So I don't have to worry about it.

.Lovebeat
08-31-2005, 02:18 PM
My mom is, but just a little, watching my room, asking about boys and etc...Also my dad, but that's very rare...He's just spying on me when I'm in the kitchen! >_<

Chibi Misao
09-01-2005, 03:13 AM
My parents used to spy on me when i was 12 years old...There was this one time, i went out with one of my friend to take her sight-seeing...It was like 3 years since i have'nt seen her since i migrated back to my country...So she came over to my place to see me...She wanted to go shopping and have some tea with me.So i got permission from my parents to go with my friend...And while we were shopping, i noticed my parents spying on me and my friend....They thought i did'nt see them, but i did! But it did'nt matter to me anyway...coz i knew that they're just concerned about my safety...i was only 12 at that time anyway....But know im 17 and my parents don't do that anymore...I guess i've finally gained their trust....^_^

[BlackDeath]
09-01-2005, 05:33 AM
No they don't spy on me, a call once in awhile to know where i am, what time i'm comming home if i'm comming home or staying out all night, etc...

bigpat91
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
no mine don't and if they did they probably would have good reasons.:ninja:

Charliee
09-01-2005, 02:27 PM
I hope not. =/ That'd be sick.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-01-2005, 02:30 PM
My parent is never home to spy on me. hahaha! ...O_o;

mokulen22
09-01-2005, 03:07 PM
I think you should all feel lucky that someone cares enough about you to watch over you. When you're 16 (or under) everything seems unfair and your parents are horrible people who wont let you go out at god knows what hour. BUT you'll soon realize that they love you and want to keep you safe.

Really people, would you rather they let you do whatever you want and leave you unprepared for the REAL world, humm? You will always have someone tell you what to (Adulthood doesn't change that--sadly) But I do agree that parents need to give their children some room to make mistakes and learn on their own--watching over then in the process.

-Kiyoshi-Ren-
09-01-2005, 03:52 PM
My mum does.. Its annoying. She thinks I'm always doing something bad or wrong. So, I just let her or stop what I'm doing to leave the house for abit. ^^; She can guess allllll she wants what I'm doing, but for all I care, she'll never know.

Kiyoshi

ssj4gogeta
09-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes they do (there watching me now.....)

Taveenai
09-01-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes, my mom broke down my door because I wouldn't open it when she knocked. And now shes making me pay for it. But I got a law suit against her. They thought she was crazy when she broke down my door, she's in a mental hospitol.

Now i'm living with my b/f.

God they watched me like a hawk.

Darrmyth
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
um no they dont they dont have a reason to spy on me

demonplight
09-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I would be flattered if she could keep up with me. but she never has, and doesnt to date, once though she walked in on my GF and me, and she has knocked on the door ever since.

Naruto711
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
no. they dont care about anything i do.
Supprising considering all the crazy junk i do.

Reika Yagami
09-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Not most all time, as for me well my parents won't spy on me. ^^

Hitokiri-Battousai
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
well sometimes my mom does do but I think mom trusts me its not like im doing anything bad so she has no reason to and most of the time im not home im always outside in some dark corner

DragonNight
09-02-2005, 03:26 AM
I like to think my parents trust me enough...
Though ofcourse my mom does have a few ways of watching me.
One of said ways is that she has a program that is designed to let her 'peek' into my computer, without me knowing, and let her check what im doing.
She also has this internet satelite thing where she can check where i am, if not inside the house.
Those are some that she has told me, but i dont think those are all.
I dont think she does this all the time, i mean she does have a life, but i trust her to trust me at least 3/4 of the time.

TodayIsMine
09-02-2005, 07:55 AM
what kind of parents spy on their kids? thats retarded...my parents are so cool about my privacy, they're really cool people...they give me the privacy i need...

why would ur parents spy on u?

≥JunJun≥
09-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Well they put lill camras in teddy bares and stuff,dose that count?

wish_maker
09-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Mine do, all the time.

They open the door and then kncok, no matter where I am, and they never leave me alone. Seriously I'll be in the bathroom and they'll open up the door "so what are you up to?" "TRYING TO TAKE A **** YA' MIND?!?!"

They also snoop through my room, and then try to cover it up with the most pathetic excuses, like "Is the remote in here?" why would it be here? Or "Have you seen the phone" try on the wall, where it always is.... and the worst one was "Have you seen the dog?" no mom, it's been dead for the past 2 months, remember?lolz... my mom always do that and she has a key to my room soo i don't have much privacy... the only place tat i get privacy is in the restroom but i don't wanna sit in there all day... my dad don't spy on us but my mom do... i hate her... my older brother and my older sister and i call my mom "the witch" ahha... um... she would make excuses when she look through our stuff and it would make me soooo angry... once, when i was at school and i came home, i saw her looking through my things and i went back to the kitchen and got something to eat, when i went back, i made a loud noise.. ahahahahaah!!! she jumped!!! and she said to my little brother, "what are you doning in this room?" OMG like i didn't know that she was looking through my stuff!!! in my mind, i was like, [removed]!!! i would always get angry...

one time, i saw my backpack... the zipper was in the wrong direction... i knew that it was the witch cus she would always zip all the zippers like dat... god... was i angry...:badrazz: :<_<: :<_<: :badrazz:

amichan2
09-03-2005, 06:36 PM
I do not think they do, I think if they did some thing I told them sould not have been a surprise to them.

Darkasiangurl
09-03-2005, 08:14 PM
I don't live with my parents but my aunt and uncle don't spy on me though ...When I did live with my mom she still didnt spy on me.. :D

Spirit of Darkness
09-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Crazy thoughts!
But my parent NEVER EVER spy on me, in my whole entire life!
Why would they spy on me for? I'm never suspecious or anything.

prettyketty
09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
my parents spy on me all the time like when im talking to a boy on the phone or riding my bike with my friends. but the things i hate the most is that they go through my diary and they just wont leave me alone! it gets really annoying

Amix
09-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Mine don't...And they best not..I don't want them catching me doing something...>>; If ya know what I mean. XP!!!! I'm gonna shut up now.. :banghead: :sweatdrop

Vampireness
09-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Yes! o_o and belive meh they've caught me >_<

Amix
09-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes! o_o and belive meh they've caught me >_< They did!? Lol..Damn..That sucks.

kksdueler
09-05-2005, 01:59 AM
my dad does he tracks every little thing i do on the computer

teed
09-05-2005, 01:36 PM
no they dont! they trust me! ^_^

Masali
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I sure hope not...
she was over 18, I swear.

BrittyBott
09-05-2005, 01:52 PM
No, they respect my privacy. I think...

Vampireness
09-05-2005, 02:07 PM
They did!? Lol..Damn..That sucks. Yes it does, now their never gonna let me down about it -.-