PDA

View Full Version : Who here is addicted to Super Smash Bros. Melee? Come on, don't be shy!

Pages : [1] 2

Capernicus
08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I just love this game, even if it is really old. I love the battle system. I could have 150% on me, but kill someone who has 90%! I just love that! Strategy is the key, you know? Also, the music is great, the arenas superb, and the trouphies so much fun to collect. My favorite characters are Fox, Roy, Sheik, Samus, and Young Link. You know, all the fast characters. What about all of you?

pyrothunder336
08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
My favorite is Dr.Mario and I can't stop playing that game. I've started over on it 4 times and got all the characters back and I still play it

Kid zolo
08-26-2005, 05:34 AM
I just cant stop playing it i just cant.My favorite characters are Roy,Marth,Young link,Shiek,Mewtwo and captain falcon.

Bucky Katt
08-26-2005, 05:55 AM
M'GOD! I love it so much! I rock with Zelda/Sheik! I also made an All Star record with Mewtwo! Roy has helped me with new story ideas for a book (Roy+Zelda. What do you think of that match?) :D I'll kick yo' butt! Muwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

DarkShadow60
08-26-2005, 04:08 PM
love it alot my favorite characters are Marth, Roy, Link, and Mewtwo they rock. Super Smash Bros. Melee forever.:awe: :awe: :awe: :awe:

Ukyo
08-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm addicted to it, and proud of it!! The greatest game to play to make time fly.

Kiado Genesis
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Who doesnt like it?...well i can name off a few names but anyways...it's a good game and i beat the thing in a day so it got boring after a while but it's still fun....my fave peoples are Roy,Marth and Dr.Mario.....they kick butt!

Marie2007
08-26-2005, 04:33 PM
i wouldnt say i am addicted to it but i really like the game

picano
08-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I love the game!

Favorite characters to use in order....

Falco
Ness
Dr. Mario
Luigi (Newest addition, gotta love the look on a friends face when KO'd by a guy with a gas problem, and wearing the pink costume)

I have 2 "good" competitors near by.

One friend is a Shiek user, we usually face off at lightning mode (1.5x speed) and can usually counter eachother move for move till the last life. Tho... lately he has been training with mewtwo, and hasn't quite gotten up to par with him. (Also, we have played at speeds up to 5X via Action Replay, nothing like pushing the limits)

My friends bro (I wouldn't have called him good if not for a recent increase in skill) uses Fox, and it turns out he became my mirror image in battle... same EXACT dodging / attacking patterns, same combos, same style in general (his main fault is that if he gets angry, which happens easily, he gets rather sloppy...

Anyone else here play using Action Replay codes? I use the following:
-Debug Mode
--Item Select via "Develop" setting (allows to chose / fdrop items via dpad + L)
--Speed Up (can't remember button combo)
--Character Sub Color (Bright, Faded, Pure Black)
--Char Select (Frames, Hands, Sandbag!)
--Level Select (Target tests / test "pub" / HRC)

dark eva
08-26-2005, 04:52 PM
I think this is one of the better games that the nintendo have developed i like all the arenas ant the characters are very cool my favorite chars are samus and sheik i think they are best of all the game

Kamatari
08-26-2005, 06:49 PM
I love this game! My favorite characters are Marth, Mewtwo, Link, Zelda/Sheik and Samus!

*Stargazer*
08-26-2005, 06:53 PM
I love the game.even though I'm borrowing it from a friend.........I LOVE IT!!!! My favorite characters are Mr.Game & Watch, Roy,Yoshi, and Kirby.I have every character.I have 200 trophies and just missing the 3 last fighting arena stagie- thingies.

Shizzy
08-26-2005, 07:00 PM
I love Roy I can Kick anyone's butt with Roy. It's soo addictive I play for hours!

AnimeLegend!713
08-26-2005, 07:20 PM
I love Melee!!!!!It rocks.I always win against my brother.

Drangons_Gurl
08-26-2005, 07:44 PM
*jumps around like a crazy puppy* Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me! I love that game ^-^

Capernicus
08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Ooooooh, I got some good responses. Anyone else?

Blood Angel
08-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Love that game I always play it with my friends and we always play with 99 lives. I usually use Roy, Adult Link, or Samus.

Bucky Katt
08-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Who doesnt like it?...well i can name off a few names but anyways...it's a good game and i beat the thing in a day so it got boring after a while but it's still fun....my fave peoples are Roy,Marth and Dr.Mario.....they kick butt!
XD You must have a lot of time on your hands to beat it in one day! lol. Still, I'm not addicted....*secretly places GameCube on the floor and starts to do the SSBM Sacred Dance* o_O;;; Uhhhhhhhhh--Ahem. <_< >_> . . .

picano
08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
What exactly do you consider beating it?

I mean...

Attaining Mewtwo takes 20 hours vs play (divided by number of human players or 700 matches...
Game & Watch takes defeating all modes with all characters or 1k or so vs matches.

Those two (when played 3-8 hours a day) could be done in a bit less than a week for a beginner (takes a while to find what character suits ya best... that could take a bit, untill I unocked Falcothe 2nd day >.<)

I've gotten all characters
all levels
beaten classic with all characters
beaten adventure with all characters
gotten a decent time on everyones target test
attempted to get decent distances on all characters HRC
all Trophies (legitimately, only got Mario and Yoshi, Helmetless Samus, and Tamagon with Action Replay, since its otherwise inpossible)
in a little under 2 weeks (sleep, food, school, and other activies included in this time)

Anyway... the game still is very interesting to play, ever since the launch only. Tho... my friends and I tend to spice up the matches a bit every once in a while.

AR Codes...

I completely forgot to list one of my favorites in the earlier post!

Infinite Jumps (+ low gravity) on Final Destination or Home Run Contest!

wave master
08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
It ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!:band2: :band2: :band2: :band2: cant hold back!!! must stay at computer and chat!!! i cant take it im gonna go play now bye ppl!!!!!!

Darth_Vador
08-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Can't stop playing smash

Capernicus
08-27-2005, 04:39 PM
hahaha In my experience, no one can stop playing it! There have been many arguements in my house over that game. When someone losses, they accuse the other player of cheating! I must admit, I do it too. Does anyone else?

pyrothunder336
08-27-2005, 04:44 PM
hahaha In my experience, no one can stop playing it! There have been many arguements in my house over that game. When someone losses, they accuse the other player of cheating! I must admit, I do it too. Does anyone else?
i sure do. My cousins and I do it all the time but they do it more than I do.

Apostolos
08-27-2005, 04:49 PM
i cant stop playing it either even though i've beat'in it already!

Capernicus
08-27-2005, 04:59 PM
"Beaten" is a very ambiguous word. Please say what you consider beating is.

DarkShadow60
08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
lol

BillabongSurfer9
08-27-2005, 05:29 PM
not me i dont play at all

Darth_Vador
08-27-2005, 05:42 PM
It the game is like super glue

darkfire01
08-27-2005, 05:51 PM
I LUV THAT GAME IT'S SO KOOL. my fav characters r Young Link, Roy, Mario, Link, Zelda/Sheik, and Fox. the game is so good. also has anyone played Super Smash Brothers? i have but Melee is a whole lot better.

picano
08-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, the original was good, but Melee made it seem so small and slow.

(Tho... I miss Ness being as quick and powerful as before, well... I guess he just changed styles)

I miss the polygons. :(

Also... with Gameshark, fighting on that Race to the Finish was awesome ^_^

And the 2 kirby beta levels were... interesting.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/picano/Beta-2.png

DarkShadow60
08-28-2005, 05:33 PM
neat.

softrain
08-28-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't have the game but I like it.

Remie-chan
08-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Yea, I like the game. It's totally addicting, but I cant play it anymore 'cause my GC isnt working for some unknown reason....- -;

Bucky Katt
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
My cousin got me started on it. Now that I have it, he makes me play James Bond games on his GC. I hate those. Oh, and Ganondorf rocks! He's awesome!
Slow like Bowser, but once you get him started, KABAM! He knocks out foes 1,2,3!

WhiteReaper
08-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Calling it an addiction is probably saying it lightly in my case. I have more hours invested in that game than in any other that I have ever played.

I am eternally locked in battle with my best friend/greatest rival. We always fight to the best of our abilities, and yet he is certainly the superior player, if only slightly. Thus, I train to one day be able to beat him consistently. If only the difficulty extended beyond level 9....

Mutsumi Anami
08-29-2005, 05:10 AM
I love this game!!! But the game was lent from one of my brother's friend so we didn't play much...but we were kind of obssesed with the game and it was cool! I'm not very good though lol...my brother was better! My favourite character is Kirby and I was only good with that character ^_^!

Vampire D
08-30-2005, 11:21 AM
O.o;

Its bad its an Addiction for me. If i see it I play it. Marth in Black ^_^

Fear me on the Dark color Stages. You may not see me but you know when i hit. I Like to also use Roy, but not as much as Marth. I borrowed the Game from my friend that had some 8 hrs of Game play on Marth, when he got it back a week latter it had almost 100 hrs over the next character on the list.

I love those hand to had fights. No Projectiles, unless we where having a bomb fest.

I would so love to fight more people in this Game ^_^

Bucky Katt
08-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Wow! Ppl are in love with the characters as much as I am! :D I'm not alone in this gaming world!!! o.O; XD
Oh, and for now, I only have to unlock four more stages! I have all the characters, too! For some reason, I make up a story of why the characters are fighting in the first place. I only do that when I'm alone though. . . o.o; XD *has absolutely no life*

Capernicus
08-31-2005, 07:34 PM
hahaha I have no life either!

DarkShadow60
09-01-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm being controlled by the spirit of combat so I can't stop playing.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-01-2005, 04:54 PM
It's a great game but i'm not addicted to it.

Capernicus
09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
How can you even say that? It's so addicting, you think you have control, but you start dreaming about the game. How mysterious.

bloody spear
09-01-2005, 08:21 PM
ooohhh i like playing as starfox he kiks ***

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Damn, I was addicted to this game ALOT. When there was nothing else to do I used to always play this game as a time waster.I'm best with Roy,Marth,Mario,Link,C.Falcon and Ganondorf. I usually played on small to medium stages, I tried to avoid playing Hyrule temple sometimes aginst human players since they tend to resort to hit-and-run tactics often,and I'm to a disadvantage since I'm mostly a close-range fighter.

Bucky Katt
09-03-2005, 06:43 AM
Damn, I was addicted to this game ALOT. When there was nothing else to do I used to always play this game as a time waster.I'm best with Roy,Marth,Mario,Link,C.Falcon and Ganondorf. I usually played on small to medium stages, I tried to avoid playing Hyrule temple sometimes aginst human players since they tend to resort to hit-and-run tactics often,and I'm to a disadvantage since I'm mostly a close-range fighter.
Hyrule Temple is my favorite stage! That is where you can really space out and take pictures if you're in camera mode. It's not so weird for me to like Hyrule Temple, since I like all Hyrulian character and one Gerudian character. (Link Young Link Zelda Sheik Ganondorf) Ganondorf is a Gerudo, right?

Capernicus
09-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he is. I also like the Hyrule Temple because of the music. And not the usual music, though that one is cool, the rare music. It plays the battle music from Zelda II, and it totally rocks!!!

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Actually Hyrule temple is one of my favorite stages, but I got so pissed when I got killed by this guy who was using Samus who kept on running away, charging up, then blasting me >_<;I forgot to turn off items that time around...BTW, did anyone get the Giga Bowser Trophy?If you aren't that skilled, it's a pain to get.

Capernicus
09-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, it is. I also beat Challenge 51.

souske
09-03-2005, 05:29 PM
My best character is Roy because of his charge attack.

Lord_vader
09-03-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm playing it right now and dang I CAN'T BELEVE A JUST stopped must play hahafwafwa

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Event 51.....I beat it the cheap way, Jigglypuff and it's rest attack ^^;

The Wing Man
09-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I use to play the game all the time getting characters, beating everything and collecting stuff.But i have quit that game now...(Marth rules!)

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 05:59 PM
The game is addicting...you just can't stop playing it, meh. I stopped playing because someone stole it when I wasn't home, they have to stop inviting people over to my house >_<

Edit:Ack, can't rep you back now Wing...when I try to, the comp begins to screw up.^^;

Capernicus
09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Such a cheater Saiyuko.

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Such a cheater Saiyuko.
*large sweatdrop*If it wasn't for that dang Ganondorf who kept on grabbing me I would of been able to beat it with someone else.

Capernicus
09-03-2005, 08:01 PM
I think I used Samus, then Young Link. Mewtwo is easy to beat because he gets pushed off the platform a lot. lol

Saiyuko
09-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah, Mewtwo falls off the cliff alot, Giga Bowser is a pain to get rid of, I always try to get rid of him first.If you're lucky, Giga Bowser will kill hiself for you ^^;;

Oh, that one event aginst the giant yoshi....one time, Yoshi killed hiself,right at the beginning of the battle. I probaly have the fastest time on it, 56 miliseconds ^^;;

Event 50...god that was annoying, I could do it with another life, but only one?! Had to use a char that multi-hit, I used kirby, but it doesn't really matter here, since one good attack from Crazy hand can kill you.It's kind of hard to beat it with characters that only attack once in mid-air,since most of the time you have to jump to hit them. Kirby is a bit cheap in this mission though, when Master hand fires the missles, you can just duck to dodge them ^^;. Although I beat it with Roy, it mostly depends on skill.

Then there's that one other event....Space Travellers. You play as Ness, you only have two-three lives?You have to fight several characters who have one life each, but you fight them one-at-a-time, but once you reach C.Falcon...it's easy to die, since he hits hard and Ness is a light character.

AlucardVampire
09-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I love that game. Hours and hours of playing time...Sometimes I would start to tear from intense concentration..oo; I beat the entire game and got everything, I think. Pretty sure I did.
My favorite characters: Mario-My favorite and best character. My main man Mario. I always had the best stats in the Vs. battle records. Smash champ baby! Also the K.O. King and somethine else too, just can't remember right now.
I'm a beast with him! Fear me..oo;
Also Samus-Hard hitting and tough.
Marth-Swift and smooth, I just love playing with him.
C. Falcon-Strong and fast.
IceClimbers-I don't know, I just had to pick them and I rock with them.
I learned to play with pretty much everyone, but the ones on top are my best and favorites.
I hate when I have to face my friend when he's using Falco! GOD! But Mario Wins! So Ha! I feel like I'm forgetting something....o_o; Oh yeah! The game is fun and funny! My friends and I would break out laughing a lot during battles! I think that's a real plus and made the game even better. I bet most of you, at one point or another, broke out laughing because the way someone died or something. Anyway, I love the game.
I think they should make another one!

Bucky Katt
09-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow, this is, like, the next level of addiction to Super Smash Bros. Melee! I've never cheated in that game EVER! I just kick the crap out of the ppl I'm against! :D *too good for her own good!* MUWAH HAH HAH!

Edit d00d::: What does Giga Bowser look like!? *confuzzled*

Amix
09-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Dude, I love that game to death!! I just love it love it love it!!! My fav characters are: Fox, Marth, Mario, and Link are my best of the best, I'm good with alot of other ones but those are the ones that I can pwn anybody on..Hehe..I will never get bored of that game..Too good to just throw away.

Nocturne
09-04-2005, 09:05 PM
After 3 (when did it come out?) years, I still can't get enough of this game :D

Around 9-ish trophies away from the end but other than that I've unlocked pretty much everything.

Can never get tired of this game... :)

Lucidian Dyne
10-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Man, oh man.... there's so much that is possible in Melee that you could cry. Oh yes. ;_;

My power lies with the quick kitsune himself, Fox McCloud. After reading everyone's posts, I think we can all agree on how much of a power player he is. ^_^

I've gotten all unlockables, completed all 51 events, beaten Classic with everyone on normal and with Fox on a non-continued very hard venture, spanked Adventure with everyone and with Fox on a non-continued very hard spree, and beat All-Star with a few choice characters, with Fox having the highest score in Easy Mode and getting the Melee Master title at the end. (Not using any recovery hearts, continuing voids this)

Records with Fox include 1 minute and 0.90 seconds with Event Number 50, 2 minutes and 20.95 seconds in Number 51, 12.60 seconds in his Target Test... Wow, in melee records, it's shown he's been used for a total of 6363 minutes and 19 seconds. o.O Fox currently holds the records for most everything in melee ranking on my memory card... and believe me, this Card has travelled to help at least 50 other people quench their thirsts for Melee.

In blunt honesty? I don't know anyone who can outdo me on a consistent basis, and I've been told, quote, that my "skill defies words." I am -so- unforgiving in this game. xD

Kurama_the_spirit_fox
10-04-2005, 06:13 PM
mememe i love that game! my best charicter is young link. im unbeatable with him! well... to the ppl ive faught anyway heheh.

Josh15
10-04-2005, 06:17 PM
this is the first time i have been off sence i got it

Bucky Katt
10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Horrors among horrors, Melee fans: My parents took away my GC! ;-; Anyway, I can't seem to get the other stages. It's saddening to think how I have to wait probably months before I can get it back.

Capernicus
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm sure there are websites that can tell you how to unlock everything. Cheats and short cuts are so easy to find nowadays. *sigh* Not that I didn't use them, of course I didi! Who can get EVERYTHING without cheating in this game?

I Love Elfy
10-10-2005, 02:07 PM
i like the game.i am awsome wit Link

Plant Alchemist
10-28-2005, 01:29 PM
The only characters I use Are Peach and Luigi. If you think you can beat me just because i'm using a girl and a plumber you are saddly mistaken.:badrazz:

Khanxay
10-28-2005, 01:42 PM
peach and luigi?
i can understand peach but luigi?
i dont know anyone that can use luigi well
..hmm sounds like when people doubt my skills when i use mewtwo....i mean almost no one know the mewtwo's confusion attack reflects objects!!!
..sometimes i think i know too much about this game-sigh-

Lucidian Dyne
10-28-2005, 02:17 PM
You think you know too much, Gamegod? *Laugh* Actually, you're probably right. Fox, Marth, Roy and (dare I say?) Mr. Game and Watch are the characters I know inside and out. Fox especially, though.

When SSB finally goes online, I'll be the talk of the arena. I'm insanely sure of myself when it comes to the game.

Khanxay
10-28-2005, 02:22 PM
hmm..yeah cant wait for online...and now that i think about it i wonder if they will have clans or anything...huge massive clan battles that would be awesome!!!...yeah they should make clans like most online games do

DaRkAnGeL_2919
10-31-2005, 08:01 PM
I Luv that game!!, i play it when ever i can, my favorite characters would be.. um...
i guess Zelda/ Sheik

kasumi's wind scar
10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
:D I LOVE THAT GAME!!
I like Roy,Marth and Sheik

Capernicus
11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Okay, so now the big question is why hasn't Nintendo held a Melee tournament in America? What a turnout that would be! I mean, I would win first place, hands down, but it would be fun to see me do it on TV! ^_^ *dances around, taunting the others to challenge her authority*

youko_kurama16
11-01-2005, 12:33 PM
its ok i mean i'v played better but its fun

Khanxay
11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Okay, so now the big question is why hasn't Nintendo held a Melee tournament in America? What a turnout that would be! I mean, I would win first place, hands down, but it would be fun to see me do it on TV! ^_^ *dances around, taunting the others to challenge her authority*dont be so confident...its only gonna result in your utter defeat

MistaCloudStrife
11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Fun with multiplayer...

4 people... Sudden death match... Stock 99... = Hours of fun...

Khanxay
11-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Fun with multiplayer...

4 people... Sudden death match... Stock 99... = Hours of fun...sounds like fun..i gotta try that...maybe 2 hrs worth of practice

Ωmega
11-01-2005, 03:16 PM
smash bros IS fun...but i think i prefer mario party

samuriagent
11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
in order of *** kickers

1. Roy- kick *** king.

2.Marth-guy or girl? honestly which is it?

3. y. link

all the trophies, events and characters unlocked. spent the best hours of my life on that game:laugh:

~DizzyElf~
11-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I know I'm a girl but I'm so good at that game I beat my brother with Zelda! It was funny I love that game!

Apostolos
11-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Me! i like Roy, Link, and falcon

xplay221
11-06-2005, 03:38 PM
me....vary bad 2,thats why i started reading

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/sefeed/image.gif

Buruku
11-06-2005, 07:40 PM
i havnt played it in awhile, but everytime me and my friends and or brothers break it out we have a lot of fun. and i was obsessed with it until we were playing it for months. i was even more obssesd with the 64 version. omg, it seems like i was such a young'n back then! my characters are sheik and both links. on the 64 my characters were kirby and link.

Fire Shaper Alchemist
11-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm addicted to the game and proud of it, my best characters are Roy and Marth. And I make a great team with my brother. c.c My next characters is Kirby, Fox, and Zelda. My worst being Ganondorf. Anyway, if there's nothing better to do I can play the game for days and days to come.

Razor Clarence
11-07-2005, 12:02 AM
I like Captin Falcon and Mewtwo.

Plant Alchemist
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
I am totally addicted.:grinjump:

My favorite Players:
Peach:love:

Luigi
Bowser
Ganon
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Ness

Khanxay
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I am totally addicted.:grinjump:

My favorite Players:
Peach:love:

Luigi
Bowser
Ganon
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Nesspeach is like...overly powerful for what she looks like...so is zelda

Faceless111
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I'm addicted. I mean, cmon, celeberity death match with Nintendo characters? Awesome. Plus I get to kick the crap out of pikachu.

Khanxay
12-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm addicted. I mean, cmon, celeberity death match with Nintendo characters? Awesome. Plus I get to kick the crap out of pikachu.thats funny..cuz i like to beat the crap outta other players using pikachu

Bucky Katt
12-13-2005, 01:56 PM
On Saturday night (12/11/05), I was playing SSBM and I was in Camera Mode. When jumping around the Hyrule Temple stage, I noticed a stray Pokeball thing that the computer didn't want to get. So, I picked it up, threw it down and waited for something that could kick the crap out of the computer. A second later, Mew came out. I got so excited that I took a picture and then started to wonder what attack it would use. It did absolutely nothing... All it did was float for a second and then flost away.I got really pissed off about that. Not only that, but I took a picture to remember the moment by. Now everytime I see the picture, I remember how much I hated Pokemon. And to make things more grim, I didn't even get a trophy. All it said when I quit camera mode is that I saw Mew for the first time. Whoopdeedoo...>_<

thissucks04
12-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes i admit its a cool game i love using game and watch marth, zelda, fox, and young link

Sintyr
12-13-2005, 02:01 PM
I tried to get my hands on it wupde some time ago but I sas too close to broke, is it worth it?

Khanxay
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
On Saturday night (12/11/05), I was playing SSBM and I was in Camera Mode. When jumping around the Hyrule Temple stage, I noticed a stray Pokeball thing that the computer didn't want to get. So, I picked it up, threw it down and waited for something that could kick the crap out of the computer. A second later, Mew came out. I got so excited that I took a picture and then started to wonder what attack it would use. It did absolutely nothing... All it did was float for a second and then flost away.I got really pissed off about that. Not only that, but I took a picture to remember the moment by. Now everytime I see the picture, I remember how much I hated Pokemon. And to make things more grim, I didn't even get a trophy. All it said when I quit camera mode is that I saw Mew for the first time. Whoopdeedoo...>_<that reminds me of what my friend did. the first time he saw mew..he paused the game and waited for 3 hours, till his little bro came home. they were freaked out when mew just flew up. worse than a magikarp lol

Buruku
12-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I hate fighting against pikachu, some people manage to play good with him!! but i love being peach, almost everyone underestimates her, then i kick their butt!! and floating around with her umbrella can be pretty fun.

Khanxay
12-13-2005, 02:19 PM
I hate fighting against pikachu, some people manage to play good with him!! but i love being peach, almost everyone underestimates her, then i kick their butt!! and floating around with her umbrella can be pretty fun.pikachu isnt hard to play with. its just that pikachu flies far when hit. Just learn to dodge really well. And as for peach she is definately underestimated. I love the sound of the tennis racket when it hits. Plop!

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
I love Super Smash bros. Melee. My favorite characters are Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Young Link, and Roy. My favorite is Mr. Game and Watch. Mr. Game and Watch is awesome because he is such an old character. His moves are just so cool to watch.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Ganandorf is a pretty good character to use but he is not one of my favorites.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
One of m favorite things to do on Super Smash Brothers Melee is to try and collect all of the trophies. It is awesome to try and find all kinds of new trophies. One of the only trophies I have not been able to get is the Entei trophy.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I have got a bunch of the trophies but not nearly all of them. Also I have a couple of the extra stages you can get in the multiplayer mode.

dragonking
12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I like to play the classic and adventure modes.

colonelsp
12-13-2005, 02:39 PM
i love it so much i cant stop. my fav character is samus

Apostolos
12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
I am i play it almost every day just to play around....

The Wing Man
12-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I use to play it alot, but i have not played it unless i go over to this friends house who has a big tv.

Buruku
12-13-2005, 05:50 PM
pikachu isnt hard to play with. its just that pikachu flies far when hit. Just learn to dodge really well. And as for peach she is definately underestimated. I love the sound of the tennis racket when it hits. Plop!
oooohh a peach fan. I know what your talking about with the tennis racket, but i myself find the sound of the pan smacking my opponent to be much more satisfying. lol its a big medal CLONK. I also love doing her pose after a knockout, the fact its so girlie really annoys my brothers. "sssssweeeet"

Bucky Katt
12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
that reminds me of what my friend did. the first time he saw mew..he paused the game and waited for 3 hours, till his little bro came home. they were freaked out when mew just flew up. worse than a magikarp lol
xD Are you serious!? Man, that must have be worse than taking a picture of a Mew that does nothing and a Magikarp and a Goldeen all rolled into one!!! :banghead: Doesn't it just make you angry how those things happen?

Saiyuko
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
xD Are you serious!? Man, that must have be worse than taking a picture of a Mew that does nothing and a Magikarp and a Goldeen all rolled into one!!! :banghead: Doesn't it just make you angry how those things happen?

Lol....Celbi doesn't do anything either, or does she?Well, I think you get a trophy from seeing Celbi I think.

LittleMomo
12-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Link is my all-time favorite. He can do anything! He can even use items and that's good! Link is the best to me. :happy:

Capernicus
12-13-2005, 08:22 PM
My old thread is reborn! *is happy* wow, a lot of people like Peach. She annoys me a lot, because my brother is untouchable with her. Literally. I like Young Link, Samus, Fox, Roy, etc. Pretty much all the fast characters. And I love Dr. Mario's medicine capsules. That noise is just hilarious! ^_^

AlucardVampire
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I might sound arrogant, but I'm the best and no one can beat me.
Best character, the original Mario, but I can play with everyone and under any condition. I win, always. NO ONE, but no one, can beat me when I choose
My Main Man Mario. I am the Grand Master, So HA!
Enough said...!

Khanxay
12-15-2005, 08:41 AM
I might sound arrogant, but I'm the best and no one can beat me.
Best character, the original Mario, but I can play with everyone and under any condition. I win, always. NO ONE, but no one, can beat me when I choose
My Main Man Mario. I am the Grand Master, So HA!
Enough said...!yes..very arrogant. Im pretty sure you never attemped cruel melee in multiman melee mode. You cant win in those conditions. I dont care how good you are. No one can survive very long fighting 6 opponents at once. Not to mention that they are overly powerful compared even to ganondorf. Did i mention the unlimited amount of opponents in there? That makes it even worse. Highest amount of KOs i got was 17

Saiyuko
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
yes..very arrogant. Im pretty sure you never attemped cruel melee in multiman melee mode. You cant win in those conditions. I dont care how good you are. No one can survive very long fighting 6 opponents at once. Not to mention that they are overly powerful compared even to ganondorf. Did i mention the unlimited amount of opponents in there? That makes it even worse. Highest amount of KOs i got was 17

Cruel Melee, damn, I usually get killed right at the beginning,best I got is 7 KOs with Roy^^;;;It's hard as hell,I get killed quickly in this one,anyways, what's your favorite stage anyone? For me, it's Hyrule Temple, and Final Destination

ushi
12-15-2005, 06:40 PM
SSBM rocks almost as much as R&C UYA.

Capernicus
12-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh I hate cruel melee. I don't even bother with it. ^_^ My favorite level is Hyrule Castle! It's just so huge, and has great music! BUt I also like Final Destination and Game and Watch World.

Mayonnaise
12-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I've played Super Smash Bros. Melee. I love that game! But I'm not addicted to it anymore, sadly.

I've tried Cruel Melee with Fox... Only got 3 KO's. Pathetic, I know. T T; I only like using Zelda and Fox, most of the time. Sometimes I use Roy... but he's slower than Marth! And that sucks! =(

Demonic Light
12-16-2005, 11:12 AM
I have never played it but im sure its loads of fun

The Flame Alchemist
12-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Love the game. My favorite characters are DK, Luigi, Roy, and Ness.

Frequency
12-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Actually my sister was addicted to smash bros. but the military took it away from her... oh boy! I said too much!! I KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!

S_C_L-1
12-17-2005, 04:57 PM
I enjoyed this game... but not quite as much as i did SSB (64)...

i can pwn with pretty much any character... except for maybe pichu... too unbalanced...

my fav characters would have to be (not in any particular order)

Falco
Fox
Marth
Ganon
Link
Bowser
Samus
Mr Game and Watch

the arcade mode was alright... the randomness of it kinda pissed me off tho... i knew what was coming in the first... but i guess it couldnt be helped... what with the number of characters and all...

the challenges were amazingly fun tho! fight 2 master hands? YAY! managed to finish the off with 0 dmg with all the above characters

the only thing i dont think i managed to do was finish ALL STAR on very hard 1 life...

oh, and just to answer the question: mew flys away with a character if it touches it from the right angle... only saw it once. and im damn lucky i did!

Khanxay
12-17-2005, 05:10 PM
I
oh, and just to answer the question: mew flys away with a character if it touches it from the right angle... only saw it once. and im damn lucky i did!really? i did not know that. So mew is just a fancy airwing.

Capernicus
12-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Really? I didn't know that either! *turns on game to check* .....this could take a while.

S_C_L-1
12-17-2005, 05:27 PM
really? i did not know that. So mew is just a fance airwing.no... it basically just picks u up and flys off the screen... so u die...

Rageling
12-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I sometimes confuse it with reality, I play it all the time, I often don't eat for days because of it, I dream about it, but obsessed nah. Do not tamper with my denial!

Khanxay
12-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Oh great.. my friend wants another rematch with me again. I gonna have have to beat him again for the 1000nth time. He just wont accept defeat. But he is getting better...slowly.
Has anyone had Ho-oh and Moltres out at the same time and place? That does some serious damage. Like 300- 500. Probly the the last time im gonna play a pokemon battle in Battle Field

S_C_L-1
12-17-2005, 06:10 PM
i usually play no-items, that way it focuses more on individual skill

Khanxay
12-17-2005, 06:17 PM
i usually play no-items, that way it focuses more on individual skillheh..so do i. Items tend to to get in the way especially crate and barrels. I believe the most useful item is Mr. Saturn. You can throw him at projectiles and he blocks them as if they were nothing. And hes reuseable too.

S_C_L-1
12-18-2005, 09:58 AM
heh..so do i. Items tend to to get in the way especially crate and barrels. I believe the most useful item is Mr. Saturn. You can throw him at projectiles and he blocks them as if they were nothing. And hes reuseable too.

yeah, him and the fan :D

ssj4gogeta
12-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Me and my bud held a huge tournament.(I dont even have a game cube) I did have a N64 tho. I can tell what the enemy is going to do. It's too perdictable. When I'm young link like always. i do the down "B" move to always kill them. Or else i use the smash hit move. I won the tounament and geuss what. A new tounamet!!

Capernicus
12-19-2005, 06:05 PM
How exciting for you. I don't like paying against people who only use 1 character. It get's annoying. Use another person for a change!

Khanxay
12-19-2005, 08:15 PM
1 character? Gee... thats boring. Whats the fun in that. It helps to learn to play with other characters so you can know what they can do and how to fight against them.

S_C_L-1
12-19-2005, 09:42 PM
not to mention the psychological torture of beating them with any character they choose for you :D

Capernicus
12-19-2005, 10:17 PM
hahaha Yup! I use like 7 different characters.

S_C_L-1
12-19-2005, 11:12 PM
i play pretty much all of 'em except for pichu... im just happy it wasnt one of my controllers that my opponent threw on the wall after beeing beaten by jigglypuff... :D

Capernicus
01-27-2006, 01:22 AM
O.O Wow. I'm glad it wasn't my controller either. lol And yes, screw pichu. rofl

Tenma kami
01-28-2006, 03:21 AM
i was addicted to this game for a pretty long time untill i beat everything except the ness mission welcome wagon and the 2 hand boss so i got bored and quit cuz i couldnt beat those 2 otherwise i beat everything else

Grim Scythe
01-28-2006, 11:02 PM
YES awesome game, i still play the originaltoo hint my favorite character he says"HIII"=p:banghead:

Alias-Revolution
01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Top Character: Doc Mario
Favorite Move: Doctors Orders (It's a glitch I found.)

2nd Top Character: Mario
Favorite Move: Flaming Dragon Punch

After you collect every trophie twice, you unlock certain glitches. I'm going for a triple collection!

Dante66
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM
i play it all the time it is way to eddictive

Venom Rayber
05-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Who ever has not played SSBM must not have a life. I'll play that game all year and the next, its so fun! That is a must BUY game.
I am Undefeated with Samus!
I am Unstoppable with C. Falcon!
I'm ALLMIGHTY with Ganondorf!

Souhi
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Super Smash Brothers Melee is one of those rare games that you can pretty much never get tired of. I've been playing it on a fairly regular basis since it's release a few years back. And it's also one of those games that only increases in fun the more people join in. Nothing can be as entertaining on a boring day as 4 friends going all out against each other using well know Nintendo icons, exploring every possible scenario imaginable. And I personally use a variety of characters, mainly random, since I love the look on my friends' faces when I get the most unexpected characters. SSBM forever :happy:

Venom Rayber
05-03-2006, 04:57 PM
yes..very arrogant. Im pretty sure you never attemped cruel melee in multiman melee mode. You cant win in those conditions. I dont care how good you are. No one can survive very long fighting 6 opponents at once. Not to mention that they are overly powerful compared even to ganondorf. Did i mention the unlimited amount of opponents in there? That makes it even worse. Highest amount of KOs i got was 17
Cruel Melee? thats the hellzone, but I manage to get 5 KO's with kirby. Unbelievable I know, But remember event 51 Final Showdown. You know the one you have to beat Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and the God Giga bowser. I beat it with JiggiiyPuff, putting them all to shame 5x. Unbelievable, you think!

DemonToaster
05-03-2006, 05:01 PM
It's a fun game. I once single-handedly defeated three level-niners.

Nickl
05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I love that game! I am almost unbeatable with Ganondorf. The only one to beat me is my older brother, his charactor is Marth. We are equal and we are unnbeatable when we tag team against friends. I don't know, but I might be a good match for you all or even a victor over you, just kidding you all might beat me. =(
Thats all! I wish I could fight one of you. My favorite mode is to set items on high but you only have bombs, hectic battle!

Kishiro
05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I love me some melee.
I will annoy the hell out of you with a plethera of characters. From Mario, to Fox. Kirby and Mr. Game And Watch! There are few characters that I can't use effectively.

S_C_L-1
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I love that game! I am almost unbeatable with Ganondorf. The only one to beat me is my older brother, his charactor is Marth. We are equal and we are unnbeatable when we tag team against friends. I don't know, but I might be a good match for you all or even a victor over you, just kidding you all might beat me. =(
Thats all! I wish I could fight one of you. My favorite mode is to set items on high but you only have bombs, hectic battle!
soon enough, wii will be able to c...

Kishiro
05-03-2006, 10:50 PM
You know, it really doesn't matter who you are. If you are Marth, your chances are greater for winning. Then Roy is a close second. And if you can't win using either of those characters, and no one else is using them, you must just be not so great at this game.

Marth and Roy are very very strong (top tier of the game's fighters, strength and speed wise), have long reaches, and are agile. Their only downside might be that if you don't know how to come back from being launched off the stage, you'll be toast because their Up + B isn't as useful as someone like Fox or Pikachu.

Tip: Use Over (direction towards stage) + B to move Marth or Roy back towards the edge faster than just holding over on the joy stick. And THEN use Up + B or "dodge upwards and over" (using L or R and the directional stick while in the air) to get to the edge or back on the stage.

Especially when playing in Final Destination or Battle Field.

And btw... I thought the Final Destination Showdown (Giga Bowser, Ganondorf Level 9, Mewtwo Level 9) was pretty easy. But then again, I used Jigglypuff. Either way, it was easier than fighting Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

And really, beating 3 level nines isn't that big of a deal anymore. It is pretty easy, especially if you've been playing Smash Brothers since N64. Oh, the fond memories.

Capernicus
05-04-2006, 01:53 AM
You know, it really doesn't matter who you are. If you are Marth, your chances are greater for winning. Then Roy is a close second. And if you can't win using either of those characters, and no one else is using them, you must just be not so great at this game.

Marth and Roy are very very strong (top tier of the game's fighters, strength and speed wise), have long reaches, and are agile. Their only downside might be that if you don't know how to come back from being launched off the stage, you'll be toast because their Up + B isn't as useful as someone like Fox or Pikachu.

Tip: Use Over (direction towards stage) + B to move Marth or Roy back towards the edge faster than just holding over on the joy stick. And THEN use Up + B or "dodge upwards and over" (using L or R and the directional stick while in the air) to get to the edge or back on the stage.
Right you are Li. I like to use Roy personally, he is the slower of the two, but I find his moves to be more solid. His speed is enough to let me race around my opponent, and the most damaging part of his sword it the tip (unlike Marth's, which is the middle). Roy also have that flame touch to his blade. Gotta love that. XD

Khanxay
05-04-2006, 08:27 AM
soon enough, wii will be able to c...nice pun man...

@ Li: nice...not many people know that one. Using the dancing blade attack to get back on the ledge is what i usually do. I use the counter attack at almost everything thrown at me.(except bombs) I cant seem to play with roy though. He just doesnt fit my play style. I play with quick chaacters like marth, fox, and pikachu. My best is link though. I somehow flow around the stages pretty well with him.

and someone mentioned about him and his brother being an invincible tag-team. I've seen more than enough claims of that. Yet they cant beat me 2on1.

More tips Here (http://animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=31675&highlight=Improve+game)

Music Fiend
05-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Ha, I've been a Super Smash Bros. Melee addict for 3-plus years now. Oh, I can absolutely dominate, in that game. I mainly use Marth, Ganondorf, Link, Falco, and Bowser, but I can use all the characters. I've done a review on this game, on another site. I gave it a 9.25/10, I believe. Woo, I've never had so much fun reviewing a game before!

S_C_L-1
05-04-2006, 03:06 PM
As far as characters go, it really depends on what your opponent is using...

all around tho, IMHO, your better off with some 1 that moves fast... im not very picky... if you move around the character fast enough, he will eventually give u the opening u need for a nice, charged smash or something along the lines of a falcon punch...

ofc, if your opponent is using say..... samus (rather slow attacks but hits very very hard), the obvious choice would be some 1 with a long, and above all, fast attack that u can counterattack with (marth, roy, ness and a few others are obvious choices), nothing hurts your pride more than beeing KO'ed with a yoyo before you get a single shot in :)

-Byakko-
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I used to play it a lot before my Gamecube broke.

Khanxay
05-04-2006, 03:30 PM
As far as characters go, it really depends on what your opponent is using...

all around tho, IMHO, your better off with some 1 that moves fast... im not very picky... if you move around the character fast enough, he will eventually give u the opening u need for a nice, charged smash or something along the lines of a falcon punch...

ofc, if your opponent is using say..... samus (rather slow attacks but hits very very hard), the obvious choice would be some 1 with a long, and above all, fast attack that u can counterattack with (marth, roy, ness and a few others are obvious choices), nothing hurts your pride more than beeing KO'ed with a yoyo before you get a single shot in :)who the hell gets KO'ed by a yoyo? Its the baseball bat that Ness swings that you got to watch out for.

Rakei-Den
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM
dudes i have gone against 2 very good fighters (human) and i didvery well hehe powah

Roy
ganondorf
falco
samus

thoseare me characters it wouldve been Awesome if this game is online...GLOBAl DOMINATION!>>;;; jk

S_C_L-1
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
who the hell gets KO'ed by a yoyo? Its the baseball bat that Ness swings that you got to watch out for.thats why i said it was a blow to your esteem :)

but actually, the yoyo is QUITE dangerous... the ^ one anyway... then follow up with the BB bat if desired (or u can do the > B to add a few dmg before going for the kill)

EDIT:

WOW, thats pretty awesome rakei-den!

~Riku~
05-05-2006, 03:28 AM
I love that game I played so much but then something bad happened,
my Game Cube broke. Ya'll should've seen the fire around me that day,
just joking. Anyway, I agree with Rakei-Den they should've put online. Can
you just pictuer how much fun it would have been, man I hope they make
part 3 online play.

S_C_L-1
05-05-2006, 03:36 AM
I love that game I played so much but then something bad happened,
my Game Cube broke. Ya'll should've seen the fire around me that day,
just joking. Anyway, I agree with Rakei-Den they should've put online. Can
you just pictuer how much fun it would have been, man I hope they make
part 3 online play.
they did actually, go read up a bit on 1up.com

Chaux
05-08-2006, 07:48 PM
heheh,
i admit i like that game...
it fun! ^^

Pyrobrave
05-08-2006, 08:15 PM
yeah I used to be addicted to it but then I went to SSBMA (Super Smash Brothers Melee Annonymous) and It really helped me. Yeah I still play it but I can stop anytime. Really I can. I can stop

Khanxay
05-09-2006, 08:03 AM
eh...i need new opponents!!! i practice every day just in case i find one.

The Kid
05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
i am addicted also to that game:D

Capernicus
05-09-2006, 10:37 AM
eh...i need new opponents!!! i practice every day just in case i find one.
hehe I'll challenge you...

Khanxay
05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
hehe I'll challenge you...I ACCEPT!! i just need to somehow get to your house...lol.

Jumpman
05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Having a tournament bewteen all the members here would really kick butt. It would be interesting to see who'd win...

and yeah SSBM IS definitly addictive. Have'nt played for awhile though.

Khanxay
05-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Having a tournament bewteen all the members here would really kick butt. It would be interesting to see who'd win...

and yeah SSBM IS definitly addictive. Have'nt played for awhile though.yeah...playing against everyone here would be awesome. i would lose but it would be a lot of fun

devil rider
05-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I've only played it once but it was AWESOME.

Capernicus
05-09-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah...playing against everyone here would be awesome. i would lose but it would be a lot of funDamn straight you'd lose! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I will Sheik your character to death, of whip out meh Young Link and hand you your backside. Roy wold slice you up, and Samus would just be awesome.

Khanxay
05-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Damn straight you'd lose! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I will Sheik your character to death, of whip out meh Young Link and hand you your backside. Roy wold slice you up, and Samus would just be awesome.*pulls out orange game controller*i never said i would lose to you!

Buruku
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry to break this to you caps but, I'd kick your trash so hard you wouldnt know what hit ya. Or in other words, I'd 'own' you.

Naru Lover
05-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Alwsyd must be pikachu or fox

Venom Rayber
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
As I said I am undefeatable with Samus! All I need is one good charge shot!!! all shoot you all!! And Don't think you can shield yourselves! The second you drop your shields, you'll have a nice suprise. I have the skills with Samus!

Lucidian Dyne
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I've already posted before.... But believe me when I say I can outthink any character's tactics when it comes to Fox. There's no secret to using him -- force people to come to your Fox, and make them attack while you set yourself up for a hit. Wait for a second or third attack -- just as long as you make your own attack count. If I don't want to be touched, I'll make damn sure it won't happen. //_^ My Foxiness cannot be surpassed. :D

Unless you're a backwards dash-glider. Then I might bow to you. They only way you're gonna get me is if you're extremely versatile. Tried-and-true won't be true as often as you'd like for it to be.

Do yourself a favor. Go here for SSBM tips. (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=31675) Thank you.

Khanxay
05-10-2006, 08:06 AM
As I said I am undefeatable with Samus! All I need is one good charge shot!!! all shoot you all!! And Don't think you can shield yourselves! The second you drop your shields, you'll have a nice suprise. I have the skills with Samus!hah! i never shield a charge shot so, there! I use marth's counter, or fox's reflector, or just stand still with link. Not like i'll give you time to charge anyways.

Hatake Buruku]Sorry to break this to you caps but, I'd kick your trash so hard you wouldnt know what hit ya. Or in other words, I'd 'own' you.[/color]
i doubt that. especially when i've had my warmup.

I've already posted before.... But believe me when I say I can outthink any character's tactics when it comes to Fox. There's no secret to using him -- force people to come to your Fox, and make them attack while you set yourself up for a hit. Wait for a second or third attack -- just as long as you make your own attack count. If I don't want to be touched, I'll make damn sure it won't happen. //_^ My Foxiness cannot be surpassed. :D
I just press on with fox's quick moves, not allowing my opponent to attack. Fox is best when it comes to speed.

Regex
05-10-2006, 09:07 AM
I just press on with fox's quick moves, not allowing my opponent to attack. Fox is best when it comes to speed.Falco is faster than Fox. Marth is faster than Fox.. I'm pretty sure Pikachu is as fast as Fox..

Khanxay
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Falco is faster than Fox. Marth is faster than Fox.. I'm pretty sure Pikachu is as fast as Fox..Falco is stronger but slower than fox. Fox is the second fastest runner in the game. Marth is also slower than fox. Pikachu can almost match fox's speed but not quite.

Regex
05-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Falco is stronger but slower than fox. Fox is the second fastest runner in the game. Marth is also slower than fox. Pikachu can almost match fox's speed but not quite.If you're talking about running speed, Captain Falcon is the winner. If you're talking about attack speed, I've outFoxed Fox with Falco all the time. And Marth. And Pikachu. Fox isn't the fastest. He's just fast.

Buruku
05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
I just press on with fox's quick moves, not allowing my opponent to attack. Fox is best when it comes to speed.

Oh..you're one of THOSE people. My bro would that to me with Fox, but it really doesnt matter, I win anyway. And what about Sheik when it comes to speed? Shes pretty dang fast too.

Khanxay
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh..you're one of THOSE people. My bro would that to me with Fox, but it really doesnt matter, I win anyway. And what about Sheik when it comes to speed? Shes pretty dang fast too. well...i do that to the cpu players...on human players i adapt to their play styles. With sheik i usually juggle them. I much rather use zelda though. She has that powerful heel kick where you have to hit with the point of her foot..otherwise it doesnt do much.

Regex
05-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Only way to settle this is with a match. If you're ever in the Portland or Seattle area, we should all get together so I can school you on how to really play. ;)

Khanxay
05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Only way to settle this is with a match. If you're ever in the Portland or Seattle area, we should all get together so I can school you on how to really play. ;)i would love a match but i dont think my parents will let me travel from texas to seattle just to play a game. how bout you come down here?

Buruku
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I started out with Zelda, but after useing only sheik for so long it was difficult to switch back. Though last time I played the game I worked on useing both characters, so now I can adjust easier.

Only way to settle this is with a match. If you're ever in the Portland or Seattle area, we should all get together so I can school you on how to really play.

Dang I'd be up for that, it would only take me about 2 days to get there though. lol
We'll SSB for the Wii will HAVE to have Wi-Fi. So theres a way we can solve this problem in the future.

i would love a match but i dont think my parents will let me travel from texas to seattle just to play a game. how bout you come down here?

How 'bout you both go halfway to colorado, which is where I live...I have a HUGE T.V lol

Khanxay
05-10-2006, 12:55 PM
yes, in time we will see. we can set up an animeforum server!

Terror Of Death
05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I'am totaly addictited to that game it's so much fun!

Venom Rayber
05-10-2006, 06:14 PM
hah! i never shield a charge shot so, there! I use marth's counter, or fox's reflector, or just stand still with link. Not like i'll give you time to charge anyways.

i doubt that. especially when i've had my warmup.

Marth's counter is one thing, but you think you can reflect and delay my charging!!! Please! I other ways to make my attacks hit! It takes a second to get fox's reflector and a second is all I need, believe me. I make sitting ducks in the air. Anyways you would probably forget I charged my cannon.

I can't be predicted!

Khanxay
05-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Marth's counter is one thing, but you think you can reflect and delay my charging!!! Please! I other ways to make my attacks hit! It takes a second to get fox's reflector and a second is all I need, believe me. I make sitting ducks in the air. Anyways you would probably forget I charged my cannon.

I can't be predicted!How would i forget that you have a charged shot? you have to be pretty blind not to see her arm sparkling. And i have more ways to dodge attacks than that. i can just toss a mr saturn at your shot to block it, or use another opponent as a shield, or use the stage to an advantage.

NARUTO iz awsom
05-11-2006, 08:08 AM
out of all I think Marth iz awsomest

Regex
05-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Go check out the E3 news thread...

There's some news on the next Smash Bros game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Capernicus
05-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Go check out the E3 news thread...

There's some news on the next Smash Bros game (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
A new SSB game? Sweet. *must buy*

megabunny204
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
I love the game my favorite though is Samus she is asome i also like likn they are both great don't you thinck they would make a great couple

Venom Rayber
05-11-2006, 02:55 PM
How would i forget that you have a charged shot? you have to be pretty blind not to see her arm sparkling. And i have more ways to dodge attacks than that. i can just toss a mr saturn at your shot to block it, or use another opponent as a shield, or use the stage to an advantage.I thought that you wouldn't notice because I do so much spinning and flipping. If I was really serious, I would play with no items and on Final Destination stage. Thats where I beat most of my opponents. If there were items, the parasol would be my pick to clonk you on the head with! Don't forget I have other ways to make my charge shot hit. I hope you know your character well because...
Samus is ultimate in my book!

Khanxay
05-11-2006, 03:09 PM
I thought that you wouldn't notice because I do so much spinning and flipping. If I was really serious, I would play with no items and on Final Destination stage. Thats where I beat most of my opponents. If there were items, the parasol would be my pick to clonk you on the head with! Don't forget I have other ways to make my charge shot hit. I hope you know your character well because...
Samus is ultimate in my book!you seem to relie on that charge shot too much. As a melee-ist you need to know each move and its abilities. Final destination, no items, stock 3....simple rules....true dueling combat.

Regex
05-11-2006, 04:47 PM
you seem to relie on that charge shot too much. As a melee-ist you need to know each move and its abilities. Final destination, no items, stock 3....simple rules....true dueling combat.That's not what Smash Bros Melee is all about. A true test of your skills is playing with all four players, very high item frequency.. And if you wanna whine about it, take out all the recovery items.

THAT is what SSB Melee was made for. Super frantic action.

Opinionated
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Used to play SSMB Melee at my friend's house, then my friend moved. And I'm too cheap to get a 'Cube. I used to be able to pwn pretty good with Link. Especially if someone was using Falcon. I always went to Falcons first.

Venom Rayber
05-11-2006, 05:11 PM
you seem to relie on that charge shot too much. As a melee-ist you need to know each move and its abilities. Final destination, no items, stock 3....simple rules....true dueling combat.I usually use that move to pick off opponents. Thats only one of my favorite moves, there are lots more I know. I use these moves to KO my opponents:
Heel kick
Meteor cannon, meteor smash!
Chozo kick, very effective!
Spinning leg sweep, one of Samus's most powerful moves!
Earth blaster
There is more than a charge shot believe me! Not only that know the moves I know her movements as well such as wall kicking, and grapple beam.
Any more tests,or tips?

megabunny204
05-11-2006, 07:30 PM
this game is sweet i love link

The Kid
05-11-2006, 08:16 PM
i am a swords user
i use roy, marth, link and young link
i love this game and i always start alot of contests

thekaratekid
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
i love SURRRRPPPERRRR smash BROTHERRRRRRRRRs melee. my fav. character is Mario and kirby . i can kick all ya a :p :p . Word

Mihslayer2
05-11-2006, 08:35 PM
My friend showed me it and ever since then i've played it any chance i get...my favorite characters are Roy, Marth, and anyone who can get their hands on a sword :D.Just gotta love those swords^o^.

coolez
05-11-2006, 11:11 PM
im insanly addicted to super smash bros infact i could barely get off, of it to play this!

S_C_L-1
05-12-2006, 04:14 AM
Post removed due to language

Khanxay
05-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I usually use that move to pick off opponents. Thats only one of my favorite moves, there are lots more I know. I use these moves to KO my opponents:
Heel kick
Meteor cannon, meteor smash!
Chozo kick, very effective!
Spinning leg sweep, one of Samus's most powerful moves!
Earth blaster
There is more than a charge shot believe me! Not only that know the moves I know her movements as well such as wall kicking, and grapple beam.
Any more tests,or tips?So you think you're gonna just pick me off? Not gonna give you that chance.

And aaron, i said it was a true duel. Not true frantic melee. Frantic is when i throw on all the explosive items, and party balls.

Venom Rayber
05-12-2006, 04:35 PM
So you think you're gonna just pick me off? Not gonna give you that chance.I have many stratagies and many chances. Ever got hit by a meteor smash, its less likely that you'll ever survive one!

The Kid
05-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I have many stratagies and many chances. Ever got hit by a meteor smash, its less likely that you'll ever survive one!its very easy to beat that move
i use marth and then i use counter
you take the blast and i dont:p

kenny_killer
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
i've been playin' since N64

[I play it with friends when were bored,
never gets old to kick the feces out of
other Nitendo characters with pikachu.]

but not addicted.

Venom Rayber
05-12-2006, 09:51 PM
its very easy to beat that move
i use marth and then i use counter
you take the blast and i dont:p So you when I knock you off the stage, your going to use counter against a meteor smash?

Saiyuko
05-12-2006, 10:02 PM
So you when I knock you off the stage, your going to use counter against a meteor smash?
Using counter aginst a Meteor Smash?You'd have to be good to do that.

Krsnik
05-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I was addicted. Marth, and Mewtwo = Pure pwnage. Marth if you're going with speed, but Mewtwo can just be such a pain to get around. He's also incredibly fun.

The Kid
05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Using counter aginst a Meteor Smash?You'd have to be good to do that.i am:p

Saiyuko
05-12-2006, 11:10 PM
i am:p
Though, I think the problem is recovering from it after that...really, after you used counter, you won't be able to use up+b or jump, you'd have to be lucky to recover after that.

Maya Miyazono
05-13-2006, 02:52 AM
It's my favorite game second to the Zelda and Shining Force Series! :3

Who do you believe should be new characters in SSBM?

The Kid
05-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Though, I think the problem is recovering from it after that...really, after you used counter, you won't be able to use up+b or jump, you'd have to be lucky to recover after that.i have my ways:p

Saiyuko
05-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Who do you believe should be new characters in SSBM?
Maybe some more Fire Emblem chars, and maybe a Ganondorf who could use his sword.

Khanxay
05-13-2006, 04:55 PM
its actually quite easy to live from a meteor smash...
Ive only done it a few times..cuz few get the chance.
I did it with marth once...did the dophin slash right after i got hit.

S_C_L-1
05-14-2006, 06:37 AM
hmmm.... apparently my previous post was removed... i guess saying that i "cr**med my p**ts when i saw the trailer" was a bit too explicit....

anyways... yeah, watch the trailer!... new characters are "teh *drooooool*"...

The Kid
05-14-2006, 08:42 AM
my thread about super smash bros bwral was deleted:(

Saiyuko
05-14-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey, The Kid, I have the link to the trailer, want me to post it?

I'm good with mostly everyone in this game,though I stink with these chars:
DK,Peach and Jigglypuff

The Kid
05-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey, The Kid, I have the link to the trailer, want me to post it?

I'm good with mostly everyone in this game,though I stink with these chars:
DK,Peach and Jigglypuffyes i do:D

Saiyuko
05-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Here's the URL http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html

S_C_L-1
05-19-2006, 08:04 AM
apparently, the music in Brawl is composed by Nobuo Uematsu! (it DOES sound like his stuff in the trailer)

yum :)

Maya Miyazono
05-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I love how they did the graphic's as shown when Link turned darker green. ^0^

It's another must have game along with Twilight Princess and Tekken 6. =3

The Kid
05-19-2006, 07:35 PM

It's another must have game along with Twilight Princess and Tekken 6. =3i gotta agree with that:D

Cat_Demon
05-19-2006, 08:07 PM
that game is awesome!! i like playing link a lot and Samus

Sora100%
05-20-2006, 05:11 AM
I am a SSBM fan all - the - way! Man, I love that game, even now I can still
play it for hours on end.

S_C_L-1
05-20-2006, 07:31 AM

It's another must have game along with Twilight Princess and Tekken 6. =3
i dunno... i feel like everything from sony now is "tekken 156 : why should i care?" or "ridge racer 15 : the same thing as 3"...

sequel, sequel, sequel & sequel....

sony's been going way down hill since the PSP came out... am i the only 1 that noticed?

XNo_FearX
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I Hate Super Smash Bros. Melee:glare:

~Riku~
06-09-2006, 05:08 AM
When you're playing as Zelda with Link on your team. Has anyone ever been
saved by Links' hookshot before? If so can we a Human player do that as
well or is it only th AI that can do that?

Yu Yu Master
06-09-2006, 06:54 AM
I was addicted but am not anymore. Strangly enough I usually use mario instead of Link.

S_C_L-1
06-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I Hate Super Smash Bros. Melee

let the flammes begin! *cough troll cough*

When you're playing as Zelda with Link on your team. Has anyone ever been
saved by Links' hookshot before? If so can we a Human player do that as
well or is it only th AI that can do that?

no, u can do it also... so can samus actually, just press R while in mid air. great for getting back on the map when its JUST out of reach... or to prevent a lamer from kicking u off as soon as ur about to land...

I was addicted but am not anymore. Strangly enough I usually use mario instead of Link.

entirely personnal. if your more comfortable with one character, play with that 1. only stupid ppl say "this is teh bestest character! if joo not play link u suxorz". (and even then, im giving them more credit than they deserve in terms of proper grammar... says the french guy...)

~Riku~
06-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Ok, I think that I explained it wrong, let me try again. I'm not sure but I
think you have to be Zelda but when I was fighting Ganon and Marth, Marth
threw a bat at my character, now I was going to dodge it myself but Link
used his hookshot and moved Zelda behind him. I was just wondering if
anyone knows how to do that or if it's only for the AI.

S_C_L-1
06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Ok, I think that I explained it wrong, let me try again. I'm not sure but I
think you have to be Zelda but when I was fighting Ganon and Marth, Marth
threw a bat at my character, now I was going to dodge it myself but Link
used his hookshot and moved Zelda behind him. I was just wondering if
anyone knows how to do that or if it's only for the AI.
odd... first thing that would come to mind is that link was grabbing her... but if they were on the same team...

Sacred Sasuke
06-13-2006, 11:42 AM
i play it about 2 days a week

Favorite character: Link

Second favorite character: Roy

Third favorite character: Marth

all the sword users are the best ^^ i can beat three computers at lvl 9 and only lose one life and somtimes none :)

Megaman Zero X
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
i love that game so much i play it every day

LINK the swordsman
06-13-2006, 11:56 AM
me i love it i fav chartcer is roy fire emblem baby! ha ha ha

cutter
06-13-2006, 11:57 AM
ehh... it's ok

sheenafan1000
06-13-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm addicted, I'm addicted! I play.....ALOT. I like to juggle the enemys as Yoshi. And I'm really good with Peach too. *Ko's enemy with Peach using the frying pan smash attack* Dinner is Served!

Venom Rayber
06-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Y know they should put Zero from the MegaMan Zero game series in the fray, think about it!

B: Buster shot
<, or >+B: Shield Boomerang, or Z Saber
Up+B: Tesurozan
Down+B: Sharp edge
And his grab move should be the Chain Rod. Then he'll be able to hang on walls just like Link and Samus

DarkShadow60
06-14-2006, 05:17 PM
now heres someone whos thinking. this may sound odd, but wasn't Zero from MegaMan put in a game other his own or the Megaman games?

Death Blade
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
my favorite is the stick guy i can beat anyone with him

Regex
06-14-2006, 05:27 PM
now heres someone whos thinking. this may sound odd, but wasn't Zero from MegaMan put in a game other his own or the Megaman games?He was in Onimusha Blade Warriors, and in SNK Vs. Capcom...

Toughfairy101
06-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I love it! My favorite character is Zelda. She is da bom.

Neo Burner
06-14-2006, 07:32 PM
i have that game rigth now. i am very addicted to it. i am unbeatable with young link............................. :banghead:

S_C_L-1
06-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Its quite possible that he IS in brawl... we havent seen all the info about the game yet.

and considering that snake is in there, i wouldnt be surprised :D

who knows, maybe in the installement after brawl there'll be master chief... or tomb raider...

Sasuke is God
06-15-2006, 10:45 AM
it's okay... ALRIGHT I'LL ADMIT IT! THAT GAME ROCKS!!!!

Oruku_Saki
06-16-2006, 06:13 AM
It is an awesome game I can play all night with friends on Hyrule stage just a very cool game never gets old

ShinyaZel
06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I am indeed addicted to this game. The crew I'm in and I play it competitively and have gone to quite a few tournaments. It gets pricey. ;_;

WaterDancer
06-18-2006, 06:09 AM
I think the game is awsome! My favorite characters are Fox, Sheik, Luigi and Marth. Sorry but I haven't read all posts .-. but as I've understand you talked about making a server when Wii is out and it sounds like a great idea!

DarkShadow60
06-24-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't know if the wii is such a good idea. I hate sounding negative but I think its a bad idea. sorry for getting off topic there.

yoko.......
06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I like it but i don't play that often like you guy's!

lex__luthor
06-26-2006, 10:17 AM
i am cant wait for the next one i saw a previw and ther will be 5 new characters

S_C_L-1
06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
I don't know if the wii is such a good idea. I hate sounding negative but I think its a bad idea. sorry for getting off topic there.
1, waterdancer was talking about having an AF tournament for SSBB not about the wii being a good idea.

2, no arguments as to WHY the wii isnt a good idea? sounds like we got a forum troll.

i am cant wait for the next one i saw a previw and ther will be 5 new characters

i highly doubt they gave out all the info about the game SO far ahead of its release... let alone announced all the new characters. there will be more. count on it.

ShinyaZel
06-29-2006, 01:46 AM
Indeed. Sakurai even had it where fans would submit what character they would like to see in Brawl, poll and everything or something like that.

To get back on topic though, does anyone here go to some of the well-known tournaments? Some of the major ones happening this summer are OC2 (In California) and FC6 (In Indiana). If any of you are going to FC6 perhaps we could meet. ^^.