PDA

View Full Version : AF Sig Maker 2005

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Hello the long awaited AF Sig Maker 2005 has been made. Understand that we will be taking the top three of this poll and the top three of another poll and match those members up.

Please dont be afraid to comment on past signatures and do not

***DO NOT***

Compare sigs in an insulting manner.....IE

"You are all slime compared to [insert name here]"

Posting sigs is encouraged cause this is a place not to brag about sig makers, but a place where fellow makers can come and discuss, comment and suggest. Have fun and vote

This has been aproved by Bean Bandit, and will be monitored so please be concious of others feelings.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/AFBanner2005.png (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=28824)

Please link back if you dont mind

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Hey! Its up! Wooooo!!

I honestly dont know who to vote for so im not going to vote. It would be easier if there were categories like "Most creative", "Most skilled", "Most Original", etc.

but if you bug me aenough to vote then i guess ill have no choice, lol.

Ollie
08-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Doi. Seriously, only one or two people here make sigs as good as he does.

Sorry, but the rest of the you are slime in comparison.

<3 Doi.

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Lol!!!!! congrats for those up there lol.......i feel kinda....lol...

lol im not one of the best yay xDDDD

Doi <3

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 01:55 AM
Might as well get the ball rolling:

I actually dont think that Doi is as good as people hype him up to be. Who knows, maybe his work doesnt appeal to me. 0_0

But i once had a problem with his sigs before being huge in file size, and this is referring to non animated sigs. I remember one was 350kb, but i shouldve saved it for proof. He said it was a dpi issue and im pretty sure his work now isnt redundant in that aspect anymore. But that just sticks in my mind whenever people say he's the greatest.

So i dont look like Mr Grumpy, BD is pretty awesome at sig making.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 02:10 AM
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/VoteAFsig.jpg (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=28824)

please if its not to much could you link back to this thread....i want the most votes we can get.....thank you....

kaisen
08-17-2005, 02:15 AM
I vote for BD... I think his siggies are always great!

Crimson Soul
08-17-2005, 02:17 AM
a lot of those people made really nice sigs (like aifa's pervert tips ones) but my vote is for aeris because i've seen her make the most sig's this year...i'm not sure if she made the most but i've seen more of her's then anyones elses

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 02:25 AM
zHey!! Youre like the second person to spell my name like that in the last 2 days!! Whats with this sudden "Afia" outbreak? 0_0??

And yea. Im thinking of voting for Missy if i vote.

Crimson Soul
08-17-2005, 02:28 AM
sry, but i am called the typo god for a reason and i don't always get all my typo's corrected by the time i hit submit. i canged to how it's supposed to be spelt

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Something is going wrong with this thread........im having a conflict on the legicity of the people on this poll......i feel it wasnt fair cause talking to members not many people knew that this was going to happen......::sigh:: something must be done cause i want this to be fun and a place were grafic artist and such can comment and members can comment.

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Well then dun let that happen Bman, just some members are Pming me and some Mods about the poll and giving comments about it. K sry off topic xD

BurningBlazeX
08-17-2005, 02:31 AM
I Love DarkPrince cuz he made this great siggy for me!

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Wow thats nice then.....lol....

i'd still say Doi <3 and my second would be Wizzy.

Mousie
08-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Bd ive always loved ur sigs
so u got my vote

Ollie
08-17-2005, 02:42 AM
I actually dont think that Doi is as good as people hype him up to be. Who knows, maybe his work doesnt appeal to me. 0_0slime, I say!! =p

Ashminigun
08-17-2005, 02:47 AM
*joins in the voting ballot...

hmmm... *ponders for a while* All the nominess for the best AF sig makers are among the best of the best, the cream of the cream etc. Hard choice to pick who's the deserve a vote since all of them have their skills, speciality and most of all, touch of creativity in their design.... This is hard to pick than voting for Idol contest (which I don't vote) let me think first....

'nough said...

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Well i guess i can comment on this little thing we have right here. So i guess effects, and techniques and stuff is what most people are looking for when they see his sigs huh.....lol but i must say that his sigs have some of the most empty feels in them...like he spent all his time making them look good that he didnt put anything but his name to represent him.....its just alittle odd for me to vote for a sig that seems to be nothing more than pixels on a screen.....

but in the end it is true that his skills are almost unrivaled but people have more than one way of seeing things

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 02:50 AM
Well i guess i can comment on this little thing we have right here. So i guess effects, and techniques and stuff is what most people are looking for when they see his sigs huh.....lol but i must say that his sigs have some of the most empty feels in them...like he spent all his time making them look good that he didnt put anything but his name to represent him.....its just alittle odd for me to vote for a sig that seems to be nothing more than pixels on a screen.....
esepcially...how much effort you put into the siggie, thats the most important thing.

Ashminigun
08-17-2005, 02:55 AM
*joins in the frenzy...

You got your point there, Bman. I may consider that factor to pick my choice. yet, everyone has different perception and taste....

'nough said...

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 03:00 AM
I actually wouldnt vote for the one who makes siggies that perfectly matches my taste, it would be depending on the skills and efforts.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Alright there has been a change in plans for this Poll....now polls. Please read the first post and abide by the rules....and i know that some of you wont....but believe me it will not go unnoticed thank you and have fun.

I'm Ol' Gregg
08-17-2005, 03:56 AM
I voted Aifa.. because his ideas are original and a lot of his sigs are muchos funny... and entertaining for all here on AF.. I mean, I for one was very much loving the crotch phase.. not only that but he makes good use of his Graphics Programme considering he makes awesome sigs and doesn't even have PhotoShop or PaintShop!!

And also because he made me a Spongebob sig in earlier times... but anyhoo, my vote goes to Aifa.. but my second vote would be Bman, his are nicely made and always have nice deigns.. ^______^!!

Kurumirina
08-17-2005, 04:53 AM
hard to vote if I was here last time I would vote for wizzard but time has change and so have my votez......hmmm.....letz see darkBman`z sig has really got cutz and it does look good all the time well but Aifa`z sig is really funny bout the eminiem and 50 cent ^.^....but I still have to vote though.....-.-
I have to go for Aifa...hope u guyz don`t take my vote to hard^^

wizz-o-matic
08-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Oh ... didn't expect this ... O_o
Hm ... my vote goes ... now, where is LPS? ... >_>

stigmatize
08-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Ahh...the poll. I actually think it's quite unfair to vote like this, because everyone's sig is unique and beutiful in it's own way. I mostly like all the sigs that the sigmakers work on up there and hats off to them. ^___^

However, if i still have to vote on only one,i vote for DPBman, because i like his sigs and it appeals to me the most. :)

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Lol, im cool with it Crimson. And yea, you have to live up to your name! xD ...psst! i put some pervert tips under your pillow... shhh.

Oh, thanks for the compliments Peach and Rina. :) Nice to hear that i impressed you 2. I like making people laugh, and nothing does it better than making a funny sig and reading peoples thoughts about it in posts and my rep comments.

but in the end it is true that his skills are almost unrivaled but people have more than one way of seeing things
Im pretty sure you were referring to Doi, so yeah, i agree. Of course, his sigs are brilliantly made, and they look great to the eyes of any graphics enthusiast... but i say a sig needs a lot more than a picture, background, and name. I kinda expect more than a signature. I also like to see some kind of meaning, expression, statement, etc in sigs. When i see sigs without those, they seem like ...i dunno, a shallow swimming pool? Because it doesnt go much deeper from the surface.

And um... well this is what i mean by adding 'meaning' to sigs:

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_kam_o1.gif

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_tidyu2.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_aiperv3.jpg

Theyre all oldies of mine =)

Also agree that calling the rest of the sig makers here slime isnt very nice at all, as Bman cleverly annotated in the edit to his first post, lol, and its pretty much the main reason why i decided to critique on Doi's stuff. ;)

EDIT:: Oh what the heck, heres another one i didnt use much:

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_heero4.jpg

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Reading this thread makes me feel like people are talking behind others backs. ><;; .... I know it's not meant to be offensive, but still ...

I vote for Doi. I base it on skill, not how much emotional depth you put into a sig.

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 08:09 AM
All we're doing is commenting on Doi's work and saying what we think. Everyones heard the praise, and now here's the criticism. He can see this anytime, so clearly the intention is not to talk behind his back.

What's offensive is calling people slime.

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Ok then. I misunderstood.. sorry.. <3. And I'm pretty sure "slime" isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Although I think you already knew that. ^^

red storm
08-17-2005, 08:23 AM
After a bit of re-checking and thinking, my vote goes to Black_Death. I've seen many great signatures here, but Black_Death's signatures always had something that caught my interest. Maybe he and I have the same taste for pictures or something, but whatever it is, it's what made me vote for him.

stigmatize
08-17-2005, 08:24 AM
But honestly, telling poeple they're 'slime' ain't quite appropriate.

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Yep, his Anubis sig was the one that caught my eye. 0_0!

Ok then. I misunderstood.. sorry.. <3. And I'm pretty sure "slime" isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Although I think you already knew that. ^^
Haha, but i guess that would depend on the person's dignity and sense of humour when she/he is called 'slime'... and maybe a bit of context too. I actually took it seriously until Whispers posted again. >_> ...But i guess we've been talking about Doi too much already, so im gonna stop for now. Lets talk about Missy!! >=D .....nah im just playin.

I dont think theres much left to say from me. Back to the books then!. :laugh: ..... :<_<:

Essex
08-17-2005, 08:37 AM
w00t! TSK isn't in this? He used to make the greatest stuff, he's gone rusty latly, getting lazier...

So then... my vote goes to Wizzardius <3

Thanks for votes and comments!
And you all can say what you want about my sigs, bad or good, I'll think of it as constructive...

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 08:40 AM
And you all can say what you want about my sigs, bad or good, I'll think of it as constructive...

*applauds* Yes, thats the way to go :D

Lightangel
08-17-2005, 08:42 AM
My vote goes to Scribbles, I just like the sigs.

FlashD
08-17-2005, 09:06 AM
I voted for "The Wizzard". His skills with PhotoShop are godlike.

Fabala
08-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah...LPS, and Aki o.O They both had more than one vote, I'm fairly sure...and you have a few up there who had only one.

Kurumirina
08-17-2005, 09:12 AM
I would vote for wizzard too if I could turn back time.......
she rule during back then
but I guess a lot of people are good in making sig nowadayz.......... *SIGH*-_-
but gotta admite though.I think she still got the touch..O_O but after
seeing Aifa`z sig open my eyez....he`z sig really improve a lot...
really hard choicez!!!!

Doom Angel
08-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Vote for DarkPrinceBman^^I love your signs:)

sjøpølse
08-17-2005, 09:24 AM
I'd say first off Doi (I still remember the very first pink slimy sig he had made when under the name of... something I forgot). Then would have been The Wizzard and after, other people which I don't quite remember.

Fabala
08-17-2005, 10:03 AM
My favorite of Doi's sigs (Noooo, I'm not biased XDDD) I love it because the image combined with the words had real meaning for me, and the way he animated it sets up a greater impact than left still. Yet it still has a simplicity I love.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/reiako2.gif

And as a counterpoint to the criticism I'm seeing about him... What I think I appreciate most about Doi's work is his obvious interest in trying something new. I saw mention of large size sigs, and all I can say is...he was fresh to making those animated sigs, or perhaps that particular program. The fact is, he's improved in that aspect. How does that differ from anyone learning a skill? You're not expected to give perfection from day one.

I remember the days before Doi's animated sigs, and I still say there was always something fresh, something different, about them. I would never say every sig of his is better than everyone else's. But I will say his work strikes me more than most. I will say that his tendencies lean toward things I admire in any artist.

Marie2007
08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
i like both DarkPrinceBman and Black_Death but i think DarkPrinceBman has an edge on Black_Death

/Aifa|
08-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Rei when i was referring to file sizes i was referring to non animated sigs. Im not gonna repeat what i keep saying so ill just qwuote myself from another thread:

Argh, i dont like sigs over 60kb in size, no respect for the maker at all unless its an animated gif. For me its inconsiderate to people that dont have high speed connections, thats all. I have high speed so im not complaining, but i feel sorry for the people that have to load up 100kb sigs in a page that could have 25 different sigs. They could be downloading over 2mb of redundant crap just to load up a page.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_gar5.jpg
100kb jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_gar5a.jpg
59kb jpg

...is there any noticable difference between them? The first jpg was saved with minimal compression. The second one had more compression, hence its 40kb smaller.
I could easily save that 100kb jpg to a 250kb jpg and it would look the same.

So thats what i meant. Some sigs are like 200kb, when it could easily be reduced to something like 60kb and suffer absolutely no noticeable image quality loss. Its just that everytime i see a sig that has obviously had minimal compression attempts applied to it, i see: "i want people to see the maximum potential of my sig so im barely going to compress the image. That way, i dont lose any detail on the work. Unfortunately, people with modem dail-up connections and download limits will have to suffer a bit." ....If everyone was like that then AF would be a non-user-friendly place.

Thats how i see it. If someone can reveal a good aspect of all this then im listening.

If youre bored and you wanna read a little discussion in the AF testing section about sig file sizes and file types, then go here:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=25018&page=3&pp=25

-akichan-
08-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah...LPS, and Aki o.O They both had more than one vote, I'm fairly sure...and you have a few up there who had only one.Awww thx Reiako dear <3 but too bad im not on the poll xD but who seem to care about my siggies ^^;

but seriously i feel sad for LPS, LPS SHOULD be on there! she can reaplce most of the pplz up there!!!

I wish she was on cos otherwise i'd stand by her and vote for her, shes a true siggie maker, a very excellent graphic designer.

-huggles LPS and cries on her shoulder-

lykeafoolppl
08-17-2005, 12:30 PM
totally forgot about akichan!!!

i vote for MsAeris.

Gjallarhorn
08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
The Wizzard gets my vote....awesome sigs.....

wizz-o-matic
08-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Woh, tnx for all that voted for me ^_^

Anyway, I'm taking oportunity to sponsor our new sig gallery on animegalleries.net
Clicky Clicky (http://animegalleries.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=28487)
Feel free to contribute your sigs

Myrra
08-17-2005, 03:21 PM
This was very difficult for me as I know so many of the people on this list very well. And it is a known fact I'm quite biased. ^_^ So I'm not going to say who I voted for.
Doi's work has always been wonderful...and unique. I always love to see what he's going to try next.
The Wizzard's...wow! what can I say? He always does an awesome job.
Wolfwood puts lots of time and thought (and even love) into making the sigs perfect ^__^
Bman...his sigs will usually make you stop and think ^_^
you are getting really good as well.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Well for those wondering where the rest of the great sig makers are like
LPS and such they will be in the next poll so please dont be alarmed if you dont see some of the members right now....
thank you
here are a few things i have made

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/Matayaoi.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/RoHell12.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/KillMeDPB21.jpg

The Wing Man
08-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I loved black death's sigs.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/DPBkse.png

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/gojyo-poem21.jpg

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/REDODPBKougdf.jpg

just to show i do more than transperancies

Missy
08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Lets talk about Missy!! >=D .....nah im just playin.
Hey hey hey! watch it mister :badrazz: ... Hehe ^_^;

Really, I'm surprised I'm even on the list... There's other people who should be on there like MistaCloudStrife, LPS and akichan... etc... >_<;

This is a hard decision and from the looks of things right now, it seems like this is a slight popularity contest a bit too... So I don't know if I'm gonna vote yet... Although I will say this..... I admire everyones sigmaking skills... Though a few only really catch my attention all the time.... I'll cast in my vote a bit later... that is.. IF i do vote.

Good Luck everyone. <3

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
See comments like that MsAeris is why we need this to be a split poll.....this one is the peoples choice and the next poll will be decided another way...dont ask but its already planned out.

[This is not stated in an agressive tone]

I was just pointing out that there are a few things wrong with this poll....so me and bean fixed up alittle if there are anymore suggestions or complaints please PM me or Bean Bandit.

Fuu Kasumi
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I voted for DarkPrinceBman. I just luve how his siggys look. <3

Missy
08-17-2005, 04:31 PM
DPB: I didn't say anything was wrong with the poll.. I'm just stating my opinion... I'm always the one outcasted from everyone. This is a great idea. And I wasn't gonna question your plans. Chill out, hon.

:3

Ollie
08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
What's offensive is calling people slime.aww, I was just kiddin'. You ain't slime, you're sweet Wonka chocolate! =D

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 05:16 PM
See comments like that MsAeris is why we need this to be a split poll.....this one is the peoples choice and the next poll will be decided another way...dont ask but its already planned out.

[This is not stated in an agressive tone]

I was just pointing out that there are a few things wrong with this poll....so me and bean fixed up alittle if there are anymore suggestions or complaints please PM me or Bean Bandit.

Essex
08-17-2005, 05:36 PM

I didn't see this 'til now...
So, if I don't put a sadistic quote or something like that in my sigs, I don't represent myself? And I make the sig 'empty'?
This I will not take constructive, I'll tell you all that. I prefer just the name then 'the birds fly, I die' or 'you scream so soft when I spank you'
Jeez, it's a signature, not my life story...

[BlackDeath]
08-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Z'omg Etna also ^^; and thanks Red Storm, and thanks to everyone who voted for me also, i wasn't even aware i was in this let alone this thread existed... reminds me of Mr AF 2004!

I voted for MsAeris, i admire her work.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
No you dont need a quote you dont need a depressing pic. Its just that my taste in signatures are more towards aifa side.....where yes the graphics are well done but there is also a message....which he normaly sends with just a few words.

But Doi I will still say that you have unrival skills please dont atake anything i say as an insult. Im just stating my perception on what i rate sigs on.

Essex
08-17-2005, 05:58 PM
I represent myself through the stock I use not what I write or do...

Edit: ...through the stock or my use of colours, not...

Scribbles
08-17-2005, 06:16 PM
yay!! i got 3 votes. lol. anyways this is a hard choice but my vote goes for aifa. his sig's showed many different styles of gfx. he had funny stuff into his sig's with some cool borders. my second vote would have went to bd. he has good animation skills which i liked.

Chibi Goku
08-17-2005, 06:57 PM
awwwww i'm not on there XD.....must have forgotten to do something o_o;

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 07:06 PM
awwwww i'm not on there XD.....must have forgotten to do something o_o;I think you REALLY really really deserve to be on there. ;___; .... honestly.

Missy
08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Ah yes! Chibi Grandson should be on there ;__;... btw CG, i like your current sig ^.^

I voted. If you can find out who I voted for, COOKEHz to you <3
psssst..... his nickname's GOD. xD

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 07:13 PM
just wait im sure your on the next one i have the list but i dont want to ruin the surprise

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/ZankokuDPB.png
I think this one is truely a good representation...for me

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I voted. If you can find out who I voted for, COOKEHz to you <3
psssst..... his nickname's GOD. xD
You voted for BATMAN aka GOD aka Butter Duck aka Big Daddeh aka BD, right? XD ... *wants to know if she wins a COOKEH* ^^

Missy
08-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Hurrahz!! ^_^ you WIN! Here, this one's got your name on it:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MsAeris/Tzunacookeh.jpg

Sorry for the semi-spam... I like that Dark Chii sig Bman ^^;

Chibi Goku
08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
lol oh well xD.....anyways it was a hard choice between Doi, MsAeris and Scribbles...but in the end Doi got my vote...his sigs are simple yet Great ^^'

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Hahaha, I love it! XD ... *takes a bite out of the Tzuna cookeh* ... it's yummeh. <3

Should you really be posting your signatures, Bman? O.o ... I thought you should leave that for the Testing threads.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
No i want this to be a place where you can post sigs and comment on your techniques and everything that has to do with signatures

Tsuna Kadiri
08-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Oh, ok. <3 ... I wasn't sure, cause no one else has been posting their sigs.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Look on the past pages Aifa has been

Kloud_Seven
08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
This is the first sig that I have created,which im sure you can tell. I went thru hell trying to figure out how to make it.

mimiruchan
08-17-2005, 07:59 PM
hmm I really all your sigs ^^;; but I think I'll vote for DarkPrincebmans sigs ^_^

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 07:59 PM
To Kloud Seven

Hmmm....? Im trying to figure out what you did.....i think you made a copy of the original.....then turned it into an exclusion format (inverse) and then duplicated it and placed them together like that right.......what program do you use though...i have a feeling its paint work though

Thank you Mimiruchan

Kloud_Seven
08-17-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah,thats pretty much it and also,the program that I used was Adobe Photo shop.

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Alright well here is the thread where you can show off your skills and comment on the sig makers that we have......oh and i use the same program. Go to Image/Image Size/ Width 500. I think it would look alot better

Oh and please vote

Bubblegum Pop
08-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Did you want us to show off our skills here DarkPrinceBman? I'm just wondering, i'm confused. awww man no one voted for me.:( oh well i'll live for now :p

Scribbles
08-17-2005, 09:06 PM
i dont know if im doin this right but i made this sig. earlier. comment if u want.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Swtvi3tboi08/narutoscribblescopy.png
heres my best one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/Swtvi3tboi08/nejicopy.png

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I dont think the brushing for the Naruto sig actually fits with the stock...other than that its all good. Oh and i started to get some new brushes so you'll start seeing some better looking stuff from me.

Scribbles
08-17-2005, 09:16 PM
I dont think the brushing for the Naruto sig actually fits with the stock...other than that its all good. Oh and i started to get some new brushes so you'll start seeing some better looking stuff from me.thanks for the comments. thats good. if u need some help, ask me.

Kenshin Himura (O.o)
08-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I vote for DPB I have seen his work and I'm truly impressed...

Fabala
08-17-2005, 09:37 PM
No you dont need a quote you dont need a depressing pic. Its just that my taste in signatures are more towards aifa side.....where yes the graphics are well done but there is also a message....which he normaly sends with just a few words.

But Doi I will still say that you have unrival skills please dont atake anything i say as an insult. Im just stating my perception on what i rate sigs on.

Ah, but often the meaning behind a signature such as those is personal. It may look "deep" and "meaningful" to someone else, while not actually meaning such to them. I know that, I respect that, so for this I looked more towards skills. You have to, to be fair, I think. Otherwise you're going to vote for someone who conveys your own emotions through their signatures. Right?

DarkPrinceBman
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Im not sure really there is no one sent way to look at something. I think anyone can assume that. But I have a certain I dont know....taste it what skill to me truely is. Right now originality....MistaCloudStrife....one of the most popular sig makers on this forum has some of the most conviction when he makes a sig...you can just look at it and know that he takes pride in it. I must say that is what Doi must do too.....I dont know its alot to talk about....apearantly people will vote they way they see fit....not really looking so deep. ^_^ thats why im on there....cause i have little skill....its just that I do this for me or for my message....IE my current signature now...

The Lost Angel
08-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Im gonna vote for DLF,shes made ALOT of siggys for me and i like her style

((I posted a short thingy O.o))

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 12:27 AM
awwwww i'm not on there XD.....must have forgotten to do something o_o; '
Lol chibi dun wry, you DO deserve to be on there, and hey im NOT on there either!

-celebrates- xD

but yeah Reiako, as you're saying, it has to be fair, wut i just found out was...that how pplz voted for the siggie maker on the last thread based on whos her/his best frd.

I would vote for the person based on the skills and efforts, if LPS was on there, im counting on her.

Ollie
08-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Haha. I adore Doi, but I really do think he makes some of the best signatures available without having to actually -pay-.

...oh damn. Now I'm giving him ideas. D=

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
lol yeah thats is true oh and love his new one.....
so what do you think about this new one i made....im starting to use the new brushes

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Wow Bman that one is nice^^; no wonder you're on the poll xDDDD good luck!!! -huggles- <3

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 01:06 AM
Im not sure really there is no one sent way to look at something. I think anyone can assume that. But I have a certain I dont know....taste it what skill to me truely is. Right now originality....MistaCloudStrife....one of the most popular sig makers on this forum has some of the most conviction when he makes a sig...you can just look at it and know that he takes pride in it. I must say that is what Doi must do too.....I dont know its alot to talk about....apearantly people will vote they way they see fit....not really looking so deep. ^_^ thats why im on there....cause i have little skill....its just that I do this for me or for my message....IE my current signature now...
How DARE you say you have little skill! Youve got alot more skill than most people's sigs i see, and if you had little skill, you wouldnt be up there am i right? heh i'd vote again but i was one of the early voters :P

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Well hes just being modest xD if he has only a little skills then pplz wouldnt vote for him and he ended up being on the poll, and DLF, its a luck that you are on there,^^;

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
lol i cant believe you just said that but....i guess...::sigh:: oh nothing

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/AFBanner2005.png (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=28824)

Spread the word please copy and paste to your signature

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 01:32 AM
Well read my post carefully, those are the truth, especially the last sentense, see wut ive mentioned ^.~ and i realli love your siggies, not because those were Yaoi! xDDD, cos you got the skills and you put alot of efforts into it.

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 01:45 AM
Well read my post carefully, those are the truth, especially the last sentense, see wut ive mentioned ^.~ and i realli love your siggies, not because those were Yaoi! xDDD, cos you got the skills and you put alot of efforts into it.
that last part after the comma...youre absolutely right akichan! heh its kinda funny how youre being all modest lke that, youve got skills and that is a great thing to have, ive got drawing skills that i'd love to show yall, but i have no way to show all of you, *sigh* i wish i had a way...but anywayss, a bit off right there, you got the talent to make good sigs! good for you!

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Thank you but ill tell you who really does have skills on this site...that i dont understand why people didnt nominate or when they did they didnt follow the rules

LadyPSerenity
Whispers
MistaCloudStrife
Ashminigun
Dark Kaisen
Akichan
Stigmatize

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 01:53 AM
I love those pplz's works they got!

LPS--truely a graphic designer and i apprieciates her works, i strongly would count on her.
Mista--i know him pretty well and even his siggies, he got more skills then me seriously. Hes very creative and put alot of efforts into siggies.
Ash--i love how he creats his own style.
Dark Kaisen--is not because shes my best frd, because she learn about siggies all by herself after asking me for siggies, shes trying her very best and her siggies came out very very nice.
Stigmatize--Hes a bit new to the forum but when i first saw his siggie, i had a feeling that hes pretty sucessful with graphics.

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Thank you but ill tell you who really does have skills on this site...that i dont understand why people didnt nominate or when they did they didnt follow the rules

LadyPSerenity
Whispers
MistaCloudStrife
Ashminigun
Dark Kaisen
Akichan
Stigmatize
hmm...ive only heard of some of those people...heh i even refused one of them a while back when they wanted to make me a sig(not saying which of course) but yeah the people that i recognized have some talent as wel and should be up there.

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Stigmatize is a girl....oh and I know that most people that I have talked to learned on thier own.....but not entirely everyone has asked a few questions i know i learned some animation tricks from Doi and I learned some transperancies from MistaCloudStrife and Stig even taught me what i was going that made my sigs alittle darker....oh and Scribbles taught me the contrast thing i mean i learned alot by playing around but i has some help...

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Well sry about that -bows- i came back from vacation and had works to do, 12 hrs every single day xD

So who would you prefer? burningblaze?

Wow im surprise....i dunno why im on the next list oO;

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Aki you deffinitly deserve it ::claps:: i really do think you should be....but your on the top you know....the people on the next one are big ballers....and well its going to be a tough vote to make

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 02:02 AM
what do you mean "who do i prefer?" are you saying who would i rather make my sig or something? or are you just saying if those were added who would i vote for then?

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Wow Bman i cant believe you said that,that i would be on there oO; cos at first i didnt know my siggies were that popular since i was a newbie xD

and yes who would you vote for? make a list like me and Bman just did.

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 02:09 AM
ok this would be my list...

DarkPrinceBman
BlackDeath
akichan
Msaeris
SSJ4
Doi
and i gotta include my little sis ~DizzyElf~ because she made me my first sig and i liked how it looked

and your siggies are pretty popular akichan

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Planning For The AF Sig Maker 2005 is in process when this poll closes on the 25th the next one will be open the top three from both polls will be in another match up the greatest shall be on there

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Noo SSJ4 didnt.

And hey, burningblaze, pick the pplz that are not on the first poll already xD

Sry error double posting, forgive me!

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Noo SSJ4 didnt.

And hey, burningblaze, pick the pplz that are not on the first poll already xD

and yes, edit the post. Keep "that" as confidential.

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 02:19 AM
so i guess you can call this one the people choice

the next one will be made by more skilled advisors.

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 02:20 AM
im sorry about that but i dont know much sig makers out there...i just know about people who ive asked to make me sigs and people who have offered to make me sigs...some of these names even ones on the poll, are brand new to me.

Essex
08-18-2005, 02:38 AM
Yes, Bman, I'm proud of what I make and do, so it's really annoying when you say that I don't dedicate myself as much as you. 'It's just some pixels and not some fricking feelings he's made, duhgufsghu'

Mushrambo
08-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Well i pick Aifa because i have seen him change his sigs alot and i think that they look awesome in a way.

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Sorry i understand your fellings....i was just alittle irrated aswell seeing as i needed to do alot to make this thing going and then comments about certain things it was all just alittle close minded that i came out saying something that i shouldnt i know you work hard and i hope you dont take anything in insult please im sorry if i did. I guess i have a different perception on things that makes your sigs well less apealing than it is to others....but you are still one of the very best i swear

BurningBlazeX
08-18-2005, 02:44 AM
thats right, you two are great sig makers! so what if you have different views on it..dont let it affect the talents that you both have!

[BlackDeath]
08-18-2005, 04:19 AM
You voted for BATMAN aka GOD aka Butter Duck aka Big Daddeh aka BD, right? XD ...
.....ok, now my secret identities have been revealed... oh no!

Anywho, some people mentioned about seeing loads of sigs because that person changes theirs, for me i like to keep mine for like a long time before changing it unless i find a character that has made a big impression on me and so far only 3 have done that.

Princess Minako
08-18-2005, 05:44 AM
This is the most unorganized, slapped together "poll" that changes everytime people criticize it.

It seems that its really just turned into a flame fest. I'm watching this closely, but I'm very close to just closing it down.

The Goddess has Spoken

/Aifa|
08-18-2005, 07:57 AM
OK, i skimmed through those pages and basicallyy, from what i managed to catch:

Bman. Those sigs i posted were really just to explain what i was saying. Im not show-casing my work, pretty much because im always going to be improving in the stuff i make. The only thing im proud of right now is my current sig ....the rest of my old ones are crap now.

Im very experimental. Here, from the beggining of my serious sig making (February 2005), to now (August 2005), this is how much my stuff has changed:

Yes, its horrible...
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/heerosigfinal1.jpg
February 05: I was clueless when it came to sig sizes. Nothing special, border is crap. Too simple. Experimented with combining 2 separate pictures together.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/Tidus_sig_final.jpg
March 05: Still too big. text isnt positioned properly, no AA (Anti-Aliasing) applied to text. Looks very unfinished. Experimented with changing hues of a certain section to give it a unique horizontal border.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_pred.jpg
April 05: Still not good enough, no AA used again. Should be a bit more smaller. Experimented by changing hues to turn a rock background to a grass background.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/squall_sig7b.jpg
May 05: Finally, i used AA. A tad bit too big for my tastes. Experimented with changing hues of the entire picture so its all one color.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_sano8.jpg
June 05: Size is good. I still could improve on it though, such as round off the outer border. Experimented with layering semi-transperent text as background, the border, and lightening and darkening sections.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/sig_ffeb4.png
July 05: I guess this one is cool with me. I tried a lot of new things here. Dotted grid, that oldish look, adding a pattern to the sig, and other small things.

{:{{}{{}{}}
August 05: (the sig i have on now)

as you can see, my sigs are improving as time goes on. But the only thing that NEVER changes is the message and meaning behind them. They always have the same weight. ....I would show my tranperency work, but you guys get the picture already.

Technical/software skill is something im always going to work on. Literacy (humour, meaning and expression) skills in my sigs are always the same. Artistic (making a picture) skills are always the same.

lol, so sorry, this should be for my journal since its soo long.... >_>

wizz-o-matic
08-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Aifa you really improved a lot ... and what's even better ... the size of your sigs become smaller (except the current one you are using ... is still too big >_>)

Bubblegum Pop
08-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Yah! I gotz one vote!! ^_^ And it's from my TLA! lol i feel happy, i'll post some of my siggy's this afternoon, i can't do it now cause i'm in class and all of my stuff is saved at home.

/Aifa|
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Ok, for anyone that thinks that this thread is disorganised... i think ive found out why: (quoted from another thread)

The only problem i have with the contest is... the whole 'sig' thing. I focus on the meaning behind a sig, while others can focus on the technical achievement of the sig. Obviously, people on AF have identified 2 categories of sigs already. Same as having categories for Art.

The point im trying to make is: I make my sigs for the focus of 'meaning and expression'. Other people make them for the focus of 'graphical art'. You cant put them both in the same category and ask people: "which one do you think is better?". If you ask which one is better, then you have to compare them. Comparing a 'meaning sig' and a 'graphic sig' is like comparing plastic bags and paper bags. It doesnt work. It should be about which one you prefer.

Thats why i didnt want to be in the contest. I dont work for graphical art like the rest of them, you cant compare me to them. Im paper, they are plastic. Compare the plastics only.

....and that, is the reason why the thread seems disorganised. People are in the process of defining what they think makes a good sig for them in the thread. Rather than talking about whose works are better. So my proposition is that you remove me from the contest, and anyone else that makes sigs with the same intentions as me.

...umm, that was very extreme i must say .... >_> ...heeh, criticise me, pick my theory apart.

Aifa you really improved a lot ... and what's even better ... the size of your sigs become smaller (except the current one you are using ... is still too big >_>)Haha, yeah. Thanks. I couldnt help it since the pic was hard to resize and crop. If i reduced the vertical size then it would be ok. Horizontally tho, its at perfect size. So the problem is proportions really. =_=

Princess Minako
08-18-2005, 10:58 AM
what makes this thread disorganized is the fact that people are defining what makes a good sig to them and forcing their views on everyone else to vote on. They weeded out a lot of people who did get good votes for no reason at all to just tack on later that it was "because there's a second round (which I failed to announce at any time other than when people pointed out that this was totally biased and not based on any of the polls whatso ever)" Then divided it into 2 arbitrary categories that are only based on the original posters opinions.

Then the thread turned into a flame war of bashing the way other people make sigs and how they dont' define that way of making sigs as "real" or "true" and are "empty". Again forcing your point of view on another. Then people took things personally, which how can you blame them I would have done the same, and it spiraled out of control into chaos and hurt feelings.

Successful contest!!!

The Goddess has Spoken

/Aifa|
08-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Fair enough. I just couldnt picture Doi and Bman getting all fired up at each other (unless they already had and i missed it). I figured they wouldve acknowledged each others differences at some point, but its no big deal to me anywho.

As for me in this picture, im not forcing my views on anyone (since my view is a minority >_>) but if it did seem like that, then it wasnt the intention and i probably expressed myself wrong. :laugh:

....Vote now!!

...lol...

-akichan-
08-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah lets just vote, im not a mod or anyone on a high position but i still wanna say this, forgive me guys ^^;

Well lets turn this back to a poll, Bman was looking foward to this thread and i hope that hes happy, i concern about this thread and how he feels about this. If the thread actually turned into a flame-fest thread. Then why dun you guys just chill, if you are voting, then tell us who you are voting for, not to complain whos not on there or wut or maybe some pplz on the poll are not real siggie makers, or saying that the poll is unfair, just chill guys. Cos there will be SOMETHING at the end. No need to panic or complain right now.

Sry off topic, but yeah, i hope this is a sucessful thread, me, Bman and Bean are looking foward to the happiness in this thread.

DarkPrinceBman
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
I guess perception and opinion is getting alittle out of hand. I hope that members here understand that there are more ways than one towards looking at things. This is why there will be conflict its inevitable when people have so many different styles tastes and personalties. Seeing eye to eye on every basis is impossible but what is most important is that we come to an understanding.

Even in a storm that distroys all.....in a quake that leaves little hope.....in all that distruction and chaos we know that it will pass and once and again we will show that we can stand together.

Please fellow members try and limit your words to nothing more than constructive critacism. We need not to question whos conviction is stronger who is the most determained....cause in the end you cant really see how hard they work....

/Aifa|
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Thats what i keep saying. Theres bound to be great friction caused when 2 people with different views brush against each other. But the most important thing in this situation for me, is to let the 2 meet and acknowledge their differences, not to prevent them from meeting. After all, that would promote a sense of unity in spite of differences.

Anyways, im not gonna ramble about my sig views anymore. Ill just observe the contest.

-Naota-
08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
its kinda a hard desicion kuz i like afia's and missys are kool too i guess ill flip a koin for who gets m vote if its heads its missy's and tails its afia's

stigmatize
08-18-2005, 01:18 PM

LadyPSerenity
Whispers
MistaCloudStrife
Ashminigun
Dark Kaisen
Akichan
StigmatizeAww..thanks for suggesting me, Bman. :) But i reckon my still not qualified yet. I am, afterall still somewhat a noob around here and there's many more talented people who deserved to be in this poll, like all the rest that you suggested.

------------------
I agree with the sentiments from Aifa and Bman and all. Perhaps it would've being simplier if poeple just vote for what they think is best for them, and state reasons for their preference only, not flame what they didn't particularly favour in the poll. If not, they could offer contrustive criticism in a polite way and not force opinions on other pople.

Well, this was suppose to be a place where poeple appreciate the art of signatures all together, regardless of how they were made and what they represent.

-Naota-
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
o just for the record my coin toss landed on heads

b00m3r00
08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I like black death's style.

Fabala
08-18-2005, 05:00 PM
There's a way to save this, I suppose. Why not hold two contests...one specifically focusing on graphic aspects, the other on emotional. The former would study the technique, the composition, the use of colors, etc. The latter would study how well a message is portrayed through the work (NOT whether the emotional aspect appeals to you yourself, which is what people fall into doing).

Isn't it a rather simple way of avoiding these arguments, while still holding the contest(s)?

Scribbles
08-18-2005, 05:27 PM
There's a way to save this, I suppose. Why not hold two contests...one specifically focusing on graphic aspects, the other on emotional. The former would study the technique, the composition, the use of colors, etc. The latter would study how well a message is portrayed through the work (NOT whether the emotional aspect appeals to you yourself, which is what people fall into doing).

Isn't it a rather simple way of avoiding these arguments, while still holding the contest(s)?i agree. make 2 polls. its a lot easier and not so much disagreement's.

Bubblegum Pop
08-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm not one of those siggy makers that use special brushes to make backgrounds, i make simple siggy's and make them look just as good ^_^ but soon i'll get into using backgrounds, and as you see, i've kind of moved on from animation, i got tired of it. Here are some of my siggy's. Sorry if their too big, and sorry if i'm butting in on your "conversations" o.o;;

Here are some of my older siggys:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/Fairy_08/Premonitions001.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/Fairy_08/normal_Rose.jpg

And here are some of my newer siggys (i made the first and the last one for other people):

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/Fairy_08/vampiricsig1.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/Fairy_08/Fairysig_dlf1.gif

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/Fairy_08/dokimtfgsig_dlf1.gif

Scribbles
08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
thats actually pretty good for a gimp user. not a lot of people even know how to use gimp. what internet connection u got? i can help u get photoshop CS2 if u dont have dial up.

Bubblegum Pop
08-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks. I know it's hard on the gimp, but i manage. Their is stuff i haven't learned on it, so i guess you can say i'm a n00b siggy maker. xD PM me Scribbles and we can talk their...me dont wantz ta spam. ^_~

STH
08-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Missy is the best.

cowboydemon666
08-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I voted for DarkPrinceBman because I just love his sigs. I love the quotes he puts on them and the pictures and colors are great. But I also like Aifa's pervert tip ones. Those were funny... hehehe.

Princess Minako
08-18-2005, 09:40 PM
After reviewing this thread and the fact that this contest was not approved by me, which all contests have to be, and seeing how this thread has gone. I'm closing it. This has turned into a flame fest and doesn't even have a solid idea/thing that all the voting is based on.

You're asking if someone is a good sig maker, based on what? On ALL of their sigs EVER? on a specific sig? This is just way too arbitrary.

The Goddess has Spoken