PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon?

Sir_Twist
08-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I just recently bought Legend of Dragoon and cant decide which is better: Legend of Dragoon, Final fantasy 8, or Final fantasy 9. These are my major favorites in terms of playstation games.

Satoshi Hiwatari
08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
umm, dude, really not the right place to b for this, go to the video games section

lionheartghost
08-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Final Fantasy 8 fo sho! It's my fave FF, and one of my favorite PSone games ever.

BurningBlazeX
08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Legend...i didnt like those 2 final fantasies

The Wing Man
08-16-2005, 09:29 PM
I am sorry, but this is the wrong place for this thread.

Kael
08-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Wrong place, but I liked FF9 the best. I tried Legend Of Dragoon, but it wasn't really what I liked. I remember playing FF8 when I was little, but I wasn't really into that, either. If the animation on FF9 got a bit better, it would be the best Final Fantasy, for me, at least. The people in it are, like, midgets. :\ Anyways, I loved the story, and the characters are all really cool, but it's the animation! -Twitch.-

Missy
09-15-2005, 02:11 AM
I like Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy 8... I didn't really enjoy playing FF9 much... >_> ... But from those 3 choices, I'd go with LoD... Then FF8.

ChaosShadow
09-15-2005, 02:32 AM
I like FF8 and LOD they both are great.

enigma unit 01
09-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Final Fantasy 7 is better than all of them

mokulen22
09-15-2005, 12:14 PM
*trying to remember Legend Of Dragoon*..oh! right, right, that game! That game was good but I'd have to say FF8 was better (in my opinion).

Darth Tyranus
09-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Where is the paper mario option?

Marie2007
09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
i like all of them

SeijouOmni
09-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Well, since I though Final Fantasies 8 and 9 were the worst of the series along with X-2...and Crystal Chronicles if you count it....I have to go with Dragoon. It was actually an original game with a story that made sense and characters that were likable.

Darth Tyranus
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
and characters that were likable.
I thought the thunder karate guy was great, most of the characters were pretty neat now that i think about. I just didn't like how you got pretty much no EX from training and some boss fights were all luck.

AnimeLegend!713
09-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Final Fantasy 9.

Alien Sinn
09-15-2005, 08:14 PM
I think I saw a thread about this before....

Oh well, it might have been the same one.

Legend of Dragoon, it's so much better then any ff game. It was incredibly intuitive.

I like Legend Of Dragoon better, I have cheats that get me everyone's best Dragoon form early!

The only problem I have with it is that it's a four disc game. It is just too long.

red storm
09-16-2005, 02:19 AM
Putting Final Fantasy as an oponent is not fair due to the high amount of fanboy/girls, so imagine my surprise to see LoD have a higher amount of votes the Final Fantasy.

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 03:26 PM
I really couldn't tell you which one i find less fun, but condider this. LOD used a button timing mini game to attack. No game did it before and no one has done it since, meaning it was a crappy idea. And i stand by that, plus it's damn ugly for a game that came out in 2000.

red storm
09-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I really couldn't tell you which one i find less fun, but condider this. LOD used a button timing mini game to attack. No game did it before and no one has done it since, meaning it was a crappy idea. And i stand by that, plus it's damn ugly for a game that came out in 2000.
Well, the limit break/overdrive or whatever you want to call it hardly gets used outside of Final Fantasy either, so I don't see the point of that argument.

Graphics... hard to disagree with facts, score one for you.

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Well, the limit break/overdrive or whatever you want to call it hardly gets used outside of Final Fantasy either, so I don't see the point of that argument.

Doesn't granadia and legia both use a type over over drive system, i think golden sun uses somehting like as well? Even if they don't over drives really don't efect the game play very much any way, in 8 you hardly ever used them and they sucked for the most part any way. But in LOD you had to use that blasted timing attack EVERY freakin time.

red storm
09-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Doesn't granadia and legia both use a type over over drive system, i think golden sun uses somehting like as well? Even if they don't over drives really don't efect the game play very much any way, in 8 you hardly ever used them and they sucked for the most part any way. But in LOD you had to use that blasted timing attack EVERY freakin time.
The first two, I'll have to review. But I know 100% sure Golden Sun doesn't use it, or anything like it. I suppose the battle system in LoD could get annoying for some players who are used to the easy (and in my opinion, dull) Final Fantasy, but I found it rather fun.

Darth Tyranus
09-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I suppose the battle system in LoD could get annoying for some players who are used to the easy (and in my opinion, dull) Final Fantasy, but I found it rather fun
Why bother bringing up final fantasy i don't give a **** about final fantasy we aren't talking about final fantays right now. I found having to string 8 button combos together only to a decent amount of damage each time painfully irritating. One of my favorite battle systems has to be paper marios. It gave the rpg genre a much needed kick in the pants in more than one way. I would pick that battle system over LOD remarkably hard to use timing system any day of the week. Paper mario is actually a pretty good comparison since most attacks needed timing too but they also payed off with good damage and became fairly intuitive after a while.

red storm
09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Why I bother bringing up Final Fantasy? Hmm, let me think. Oh! I know! Because the point of the thread is comparing Final Fantasy 8 and 9 against Legend of the Dragoon. I found it to take only a few battles with each character before I could manage to execute each attack succesfully in a reasonable amount of times. But then again, I am scaring my classmates whenever I play DDR on my laptop.

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 03:03 AM
But were talking about how good LOD is not how lousy the final fantasy games are. I have great reflexes i play vertical shooters all the time and do great. But that really doesn't help the fact that combos just got to long and didn't do enough damage for the 8 button pain in the *** combo needed for every attack.

Mousie
09-17-2005, 07:48 AM
ive got bothe ff9 and legend of dragoon
lod is awsome but im a ff diehard fan and ill always stick 2 it

Kyo Kusanagi
09-17-2005, 10:59 AM
LoD was great, I disliked FF8 greatly, and I really enjoyed FF9 despite the way the end boss came around. So I'll give FF9 my vote.

†-Wrath-†
09-17-2005, 11:07 AM
I'll have to say, Final Fantasy 9.

evangelion2008
09-17-2005, 11:16 AM
good game

supermodel
09-17-2005, 12:13 PM
final fantasy is a role playing game with an edge and variety of course the graphics are awesome but final fantasy will live forever look at legend of dragooon they stopped the production of more sales final fantasy is well known throughout the world so it will on

Darth Tyranus
09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Wow that post sure convinced me why final fantasy is better than legend of dragoon, you should become an attorney with slick talking skills like that.

Mushrambo
09-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Legend Of Dragoon has my vote. I have the game and it is awesome though now i play it on my ps2.U gotta like Lloyd though can't hate him and Dart lol^_^:cool:

red storm
09-18-2005, 02:56 AM
final fantasy is a role playing game with an edge and variety of course the graphics are awesome but final fantasy will live forever look at legend of dragooon they stopped the production of more sales final fantasy is well known throughout the world so it will on
You talk about Final Fantasy as if its one game, its a series of games, you know? And they aren't always 'wonderfull'. Besides that, if not for the comercial succes of FF1, it would have been a Final Fantasy. The title alows you to make more and more, while Legend of the Dragoon should be about Dragoons, which means they are limited to the same world.

That reminds me, maybe they should make a Legend of Dragoon II and dive into the past.

Darth Tyranus
09-18-2005, 03:34 AM
That reminds me, maybe they should make a Legend of Dragoon II and dive into the past.

Or try to make it fun.

red storm
09-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Or try to make it fun. You mean the battle system or the story?

The battle system is fairly easy, you just have to get into the rythm of the attacks. Its a lot like DDR.

Darth Tyranus
09-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Dance dance revolution is down right forgiving in comparison to legend of dragoons battle system. And i mean the battle system i liked the whole dragon theme the story had. But the game has severe balance issues as well, such as getting pathetic amounts of EX for beating random battles.

red storm
09-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Interesting, I found the rythms of the attack to be fairly easy, apart from gust of wind dance, that one was my nemesis >_< I must say that the patethic amount of EX never bothered me. But as long as I can kill the bosses and play the game, levels don't matter much to me either.

ThatBurnyFeelin
09-18-2005, 12:36 PM
lod is a lot better than ff8 or 9. I have lod and ff7,8,9,10,10-2