PDA

View Full Version : [mod] Read and respond

MistressPookyChan
08-15-2005, 07:54 AM
It seems that there are some people that have not read the rules, particularly this one...

10) Post with depth!: "Mistress, what do you mean by depth?" This thread is a resource thread. People use it to get feedback. Posting a very helpful post will be much more appreciated than a one-liner. For example...

Good Post : The wallpaper is very good. I like the swirls and the coloring. I also think you did a good job with placing the character and the text.

Bad Post : nice!

Good Post : I think you need to work on your coloring. The character looks very pixilated and the colors to not match the character. Also, the mood of the wallpaper is a bit off.

Bad Post : n00b! try again.

Let's help each other out by giving helpful feedback!

There have been A LOT of "That's nice" or "i don't like it" type of posts. Those do not help anyone. I will start dishing out warnings if you continue to make a habit of posting these useless threads because it is considered spam.

Please respond so I know that you read this thread. :) Comments? Suggestions?

gene the man
08-15-2005, 09:04 AM
i have read this little post of yours but i cannot get my wallpaper to apper on this thread of mine. i t is a little annoying when people don't go in depth with there threads or posts along with the fact that some just cannot spell anything correctly. now respond back to me after you have read through this and tell me if this is a good post or not.

MistressPookyChan
08-15-2005, 11:23 AM
You do not need to post your wallpaper in this thread. Make your own thread by pressing "new thread", then pressing on "manage uploads" to upload your wallpaper.

Anyway, your post was fine! Thanks for the feedback and for reading the rule. One down... anyone else?

Raven
08-15-2005, 11:28 AM
I have read and comprehend.
Is there any way you can also add the part about not ressurecting very old and dead threads?

____
08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Read it and now responding. Shouldn't there be a little link to forum rules for this section and have this as a reminder? Oo;;; Just a thought. Did that make any sense?

The Rebel
08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I have read your topic, and agree. I don't post much in here, but when I do, I try to comment in the direction asked by the thread starter. If their asking for insight into improving the wallpaper, I'll comment on what I think. I do tend to admit the fact I know next to nothing about wallpapers, but I do have an idea about art. I hope this is along the lines of what you mean for posting.

Raven
08-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Can I also bring up the topic of rating? It seems rather pointless, no critiscism given, and it seems like there is not much thought put into it. Can that be added to the "bad post" area?

MistressPookyChan
08-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Read the main rules. It is stickied. Says AW Rules and FAQs. It addresses this issue in futher detail as well as ressurecting old threads and rating. Both are ok, as long as the post has depth to it (and if the member is still posting here, wants the wallpaper cretiqued, etc).

MistressPookyChan
08-20-2005, 10:59 AM
PLEASE READ THIS and read the rules, especially the part about giving ratings (worth a look if you are wondering why you got a warning, too...)

EternalBlue
08-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Read this many times over Pooky ^^. I think it's perfectly fine as it is, but I've noticed people don't pay too much attention to rules on /any/ forums until someone refers them to the thread. Not sure how to get people to read the thread first before posting anything at all. It would be a little weird trying to set usergroups able to post xD

The Rebel
08-20-2005, 03:10 PM
PLEASE READ THIS and read the rules, especially the part about giving ratings (worth a look if you are wondering why you got a warning, too...)Not trying to be a smart-you-know-what, but why did you double post? Rules state no double posting, yet a Mod double posted. I hope Mods aren't starting to think they are excluded from the rules. I have heard some of these rules time and again mentioned, and have become as firm about them as most Mods are. Please remember your rank and duty to being a role-model to the newmembers. I apologize if I have offended you, and for being slightly off topic.

EDIT: Geez, just because I notice something and point it out, I get chewed out. Easy answer to this, I guess this will be my last post in the forums. Who would want to stick around and get chewed out for voicing their questions.

Cantelope
08-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I read this, so don't ban me pls kthx.

:P

MistressPookyChan
08-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Not trying to be a smart-you-know-what, but why did you double post? Rules state no double posting, yet a Mod double posted. I hope Mods aren't starting to think they are excluded from the rules. I have heard some of these rules time and again mentioned, and have become as firm about them as most Mods are. Please remember your rank and duty to being a role-model to the newmembers. I apologize if I have offended you, and for being slightly off topic.

the topic slid down and I was bumping it. This is an announcement and the best way I can do it. Got you to read the thread didn't it? There isn't a rule in the AW.com rule thread about double posting; just spamming. Besides, there is a 4 day gap between my two posts. Want to say that I am going against my own rules again?

ch33zy, I won't ban you. Besides, I can't ban; that's the admin's job. :)

Princess Minako
08-21-2005, 09:30 AM
There are always exceptions to the rules, and the mods are smart enough to realize when it is appropriate to bend them to make sure things are running smoothly. A rules post like this that is a notification of a policy change in the forums needs to stay on the first page so that people can read and follow. 31 different users have read this thread, yet it only has 13 respones most of which are Pooky's. Thats very disrespectful.

I'd recommend not questioning Pookys actions because they wern't ones taken against anyone, or used to warn anyone. There are always extenuating circumstances and no law is ever absolute. Ever hear of "reasonable homicide".

Most double posts are within seconds of eachother and usually just create spam. Personally I think you're just trying to be an "I told you so" and trying to cause trouble....

The Goddess has Spoken

Kyrie
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
I read and understand! No more ratings from me, MistressPookyChan ^^;; Im sorry!!

MistressPookyChan
09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
*bump*

Nocturne
09-07-2005, 07:06 PM
I understand, MistressPookyChan. Thankyou for the reminder. :)

Draconocturn
09-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Read and got, and read again to make sure I got. I may read it a few more times just for S's and G's (not smarting off...I just have a warped sense of humor.) But to reiterate... I concider myself warned.

Oh, and my apologies for not reading this sooner.

yotsuba-chan
09-10-2005, 10:36 PM
here's to hopeing that will happen.

akachan
09-12-2005, 08:40 AM
read Mistress Pook!
^__^