PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea

Deathadder3832
08-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey, anyone here play Disgaea? It's a wonderful yet often overlooked game... Unfortunately it is rare and no longer being made, so it's about 80 bucks new... But it's so worth it. I just wanted to know if people played games other than Halo and FF around here! ^_^

Uchiha Ulquiorra
08-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Nope. Never even heard of it....

blondy
08-14-2005, 09:42 PM
npoe
sorry.

Deathadder3832
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Hmm... Figures... Somewhat strange too though. Maybe someone will know of it... Someone has to...

Krsnik
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Great game. If you're into strategy games, then you should defidently check into this one. Nippon Ichi does it again, and this is just as addicting as their previous games.

A+

Deathadder3832
08-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Yay! Yes, thank you. And don't forget that the characters are very loveable and easy to become attached to!! I almost cried when I got the sad ending : (. I would have if my parents weren't in the room at the time heheh... Also there is lots of humor in the dialogue and actions of the characters... And speaking of dialogue, the voice acting is marvelous...

red storm
08-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Don't have it, but I shure as hell am looking for it! I saw some clips, and I absolutely love playing the evil side for a change.

Deathadder3832
08-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it's kinda obvious that you've at least heard of it... Y'know, with the pic of etna in your sig and avatar... I'd telll you a good site to check but it has a cuss word in the title so I can't put it here.... Ok, so I just checked every source I know other than ebay... So looks like that's your only chance. Sorry! Keep looking other places though, you never know! And good luck, I hope you can find it at a buyable price! ^_^

Krsnik
08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Red, your signature and avatar contain "Ethna" from that game. It's not a very well known game, but it's pretty fun. It's a new type of gaming idea where you can over-achieve the 999 stats and 9999 damage barrier, which most games don't even go near these days. It's quite fun to play, and it's got a pretty good plot. If you like this game, you should check into the other games Nippon Ichi Software has made. Their latest game is called "Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Tome". It's pretty fun, and it's quite open-ended.

Nineteenth
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Hey, anyone here play Disgaea? It's a wonderful yet often overlooked game... Unfortunately it is rare and no longer being made, so it's about 80 bucks new... But it's so worth it. I just wanted to know if people played games other than Halo and FF around here! ^_^
80 Bucks? You got to be kidding me. It's only 40 new, and 10 used around here.

It's 100% worth it, since I've managed to fall asleep while playing it.
The only reason I liked it is that it featured a few Sentai Characters, Prism Red, Prism Blue, Prism Green, Prism Gray, Prism White and Prism Yellow. Also, Captian Gordon. Nothing like a superhero to make a game better, now if they only had a Kamen Rider Wannabe.

Deathadder3832
08-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Really... Well then EB games is evil! And Ebay... And every... Other... Source... I've seen... 0_o
Oh, and Krsnik... It's spelled "Etna." And I already mentioned that she's in Red's sig and avatar... Stop ignoring me!!! XD

Donkey Puncher
09-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Disgaea is a freaking awsome I love this game but I haven't beaten it I am trying to beat it.

Nocturne
09-14-2005, 08:24 PM
What type of game is it and what console is it for?

Marie2007
09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
i have it was an ok game

red storm
09-14-2005, 11:47 PM
What type of game is it and what console is it for?
Disgea is a trategy-RPG for the PS2.

Dark Knight Zasz
12-22-2005, 11:49 AM
it is a great game with a weird and twisted story line, although having a level 5000 ultimate majin destroyed any fun i was going to have with the game... i use tons of neko's and punish my enemies quite fiercely... overall i'd rate it 6/10 (would be 8/10 if not for the stupid majin being so over-godly powerful)

Black Outlaw
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
oops was just about to start a thread on this game... i love it and its one of the greatest RPGs ive ever played... i wonder how far all of you that have it got??? my strongest character was a lvl 697 Cosmic Hero that i transmigrated 4 times so his attack stat (uses axe) is close to 40,000 plus i have him equipped with a semi ultimate weapon on like lvl 20 :D i put over 270 hours into this game and i only recently slowed down on it cuz i got my laptop... its an awesome game and i cant wait for the sequel (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaea2/index.html?q=disgaea%202) bur im mad its not starring laharl but instead Etna is the main character.... thats bs...

oh did anyone get Prier and Marjoly in the first game... im dying to know how good they are and how many hours you played in order to be able to smack down someone on lvl 2,500

red storm
01-04-2006, 04:25 AM
Actually, Etna has a suporting role. The new main character is going to be some guy named Adel.

Gamespot preview:

The main character in Disgaea 2 is Adel, a red-haired, hot-tempered 17-year-old. All the people in Adel's world were turned to devils 15 years ago, when the dark lord Xenon appeared and cursed the populace. For unexplained reasons, Adel is the only person unaffected by the curse, and he sets out to fight Xenon and turn his family back into humans. Despite the demonic setting, Disgaea 2 stays true to the series' comedic tradition, often employing dark humor.

Full article: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaea2/news.html?sid=6134627&mode=news

Dark Knight Zasz
01-04-2006, 06:42 AM
well i have/had (unsure if i still have save) a level 6000 god-majin skilled in swords... transmigrated i think 4 or 5 times, and yes i got them both and they SUCK!!

kiakun
01-16-2006, 03:36 AM
its great game i was pretty for really strong allies
but it got stolen,i just got it again

p.s. etna in very sexy

hina fan
01-16-2006, 09:50 AM
ive seen preveiws of that game it looks awsome i would like to get it

Krsnik
01-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I can't wait for Disgaea 2. It's actually going to be good, seeing as NIS America is making it. I hope it shall live up to my expectations.