PDA

View Full Version : What company makes the best video games?

pyrothunder336
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I think Namco makes the best. Tales of Symphonia was great!

Saiyanbabe1818
08-04-2005, 11:05 PM
square soft all the way

white_lotus27
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
SquareEnix.
'Cuz it has alot of good RPG games. And I'm into Square, so it has my pick on best company.

lionheartghost
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Square(soft)-Enix and Nintendo. Final Fantasy and Zelda? Oh yeah.

bakakame
08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
I'd have to say Namco, Techmo, and EA

Ami~chan
08-04-2005, 11:17 PM
I enjoy the games Nintendo makes; Mario Sunshine's gameplay was so unique. Plus, Zelda is my favorite series of all time.

Square-Enix comes out with some pretty good games as well.

The Wing Man
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Nintendo ofcourse, hello mario like the greatest games ever.

Yojimbo51
08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
I'd have to say it's a tie between Bioware and Squaresoft.

No I don't mean square-enix. Square-Enix blows. They have yet to make a game that doesn't send me into convulsions of rage whenever a fanboy or fangirl rants and raves about it.

And I say Bioware because of Knights of the old Republic, since the original was better than the second (which was made by a separate company).

chaoscntrl77
08-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Square, Nintendo, and Sega.

bakakame
08-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Sony makes some good games as well now that I think of it, and Sierra, and Bungi.

Shido Tatsuhiko
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Well Nintendo, Konami and Tecmo

Giglamesh
09-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Square

Piper
09-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Nintendo and Sqaresoft/Square.Enix Lol.

Loljoke
09-28-2005, 03:07 PM
There's so many I cannot choose >.<

-Batman-
09-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Square, simply for Chrono Trigger
Square-Enix for Star Ocean and Radiata stories
Bioware for...hell a LOT of games
and Konami..once again for a large selection of good games.

AnimeLegend!713
09-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Square Enix and Namco.

Lucidian Dyne
09-28-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking Square-Enix and their former entities had good graphics, but the plots and stories become old hat after a while. One can only take so much of one-track world-saving and mechanoid back drops. If you want the beef on story, Konami is your gaming company. =D

Marie2007
09-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Square and EA

Wandering Samurai
09-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Namco, capcom and square Enix(soft) make some pretty good games.

SeijouOmni
09-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Capcom gets a TON of credit for Viewtiful Joe, Onimusha 3, and Resident Evil 4..which seemt o have comepletely reinvented survival horror. Namco has 3-D fighting damn near perfected, as Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 2, simply put, don't really have equals in sheer quality of play...and I'm sure that Tekken 6 and the forthcoming Soul Calibur 3 will maintain the bar, or at the very least keep it. And lastly, I'd have to give it to Konami. Metal Gear Solid never ceases to innovate, DDR is the highest selling arcade game of all time, and Suikoden, though tripped up with 4, is looking to make it up with to upcoming sequels for PS2: Suikoden Tactics(Rhapsodia) and Suikoden 5, which they claim will explain, and make up for, all of the mistakes made with 4, and make the acclaimed Suikoden 3 look obsolete.

Darth Tyranus
09-28-2005, 07:38 PM
This thread makes me very sad, but i guess i saw the "square r numbar 1!!!!" posts coming before i even clicked on the link. Some developers seem to change in terms of quality, suare soft made some pretty good games square enix is garbage end of story. I did love sega but that time has past, now the only piblisher/developer i like is nintendo, capcom and their excellent clover studios developing house does a good job too and konami and namco make good games every now and then.

You people should really understand companies like microsoft sony and nintendo have other people develop a lot of their games, well in ms and sony case all of them. Nintendo still handles all of the big games. But take mario baseball that was done by namco and the still in development mario strikers is being done be sega. A developer who used to be MUCH better, some of their new games look good but they have fallen from grace to be sure.

SeijouOmni
09-29-2005, 03:52 AM
I almost forgot...credit to Atlus for giving Square Enix a run for their money. All the Nippon Ichi games, Shin Megami Tensei, and even Stella Deus have been big sellers, probably putting a little bit of hurt on Square's bottomless pockets.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
09-29-2005, 04:21 AM
I think that Nintendo and Square Enix make the best video games.

Mousie
09-29-2005, 04:26 AM
SQUARE SQUARE....
no contest

Skeith/Haseo Wave
09-30-2005, 03:33 PM
It's kinda hard to choose!!!!!!!
Every game company has something good about them......
I would choose Bandai because I buy most of there games...........

Darth Tyranus
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I would choose Bandai because I buy most of there games...........
Again Bandai is a publisher they don't make the games.

lord_sesshomaru_15
09-30-2005, 04:47 PM
CAPCOM Makes good games like the Resident evil games !!!!:ph34r:

grim_reaper
10-01-2005, 05:20 AM
SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also nintendo and EA are great

BUT SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[BlackDeath]
10-01-2005, 07:08 AM
NCSoft
Tecmo Inc (Team Ninja branch)
Capcom
Konami

ushi
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Either Square-Enix or Insomnic Studios

Gregg
12-16-2005, 04:22 PM
i think that sony does and who ever made all the GTA's i 4got

Crimson Soul
12-16-2005, 04:41 PM
all time best SQUARE - ENIX
then NAMCO is second

S_C_L-1
12-17-2005, 05:12 PM
tough question...

Nintendo has dished out ALOT of amazing games... and with the revolution, i firmly believe that this will become quite the understatement...

Sega has also been quite good to us... altho they kinda screwed up with SA2 battle... too linear... still waiting for Shadow... who knows, maybe it'll be ok... i've gotten past the "they gave him guns!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" thing...

Namco has been great recently! if you've played any of the Katamari games you know what i mean :P

i dont remember who made it... but the game Tron 2.0 was fantastic! (visually anyway...)

Square has gone way down hill ever since it became Squeenix... i was really dissapointed that they made a sequel... the coolest thing about their major title (FF) was that they had tons of em but they didnt follow the same story... which they F'ed up with X-2... oh well...

i have lost ALL of the little respect i had for EA... not because they made the crappyest X-men game of all time... mostly because they are hypocrits! "Challenge everything" they say... but when Nintendo shows them the controller, they say "we dont want to relearn how to make games"... sux to be you EA!

theres a ton of other companys... but im getting hungry... so im off to make meself some supper!

Giglamesh
12-18-2005, 11:38 PM
I'd have to say Namco, Techmo, and EA you should be shot
EA is the worst ever....
Square all the way baby

S_C_L-1
12-18-2005, 11:51 PM
you should be shot
EA is the worst ever....
Square all the way baby

square, yes
square enix? ew

altho i very much agree about EA...

Pyrobrave
12-19-2005, 12:19 AM
The only thing EA is good for is the sports games like Madden and NCAA football. Of course everyone most likely knows this. EA got the officail rights to the NFL so only they can use the teams.

But my faves are Namco and Square

The name of the people that made GTA is Rockstar games

Cursed~Amante
12-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Squaresoft. That's it. They made FF an institution! ^_^

Chibi Misao
12-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Squaresoft. That's it. They made FF an institution! ^_^Yup!! Squaresoft makes the best games.....:D

bakakame
12-19-2005, 12:10 PM
you should be shot
EA is the worst ever....
Square all the way baby
Square has final fantasy. That's about it. That alone is enough to hate them.

EA has NFS, Sim City, Medal of Honor, 007 Agent Under Fire, and I'd guess about 80% of the sports games on the market, just to name a few. If I can add the games they published as well, would be a very nice list. Definitally better than what "square" has.

shadow_stalker
12-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Rare

S_C_L-1
12-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Square has final fantasy. That's about it. That alone is enough to hate them.

EA has NFS, Sim City, Medal of Honor, 007 Agent Under Fire, and I'd guess about 80% of the sports games on the market, just to name a few. If I can add the games they published as well, would be a very nice list. Definitally better than what "square" has.

oh common! 007 Agent Under Fire was a load of bull!

id rather play tetris!

Marie2007
12-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Square or EA

SeijouOmni
12-21-2005, 10:31 PM
EA publishes the top selling sports games every year, the Need for Speed series, Burnout, SSX, All of the EXCELLENT "Battlefield" war shooters, Black & White, Command and Conquer, Medal of Honor, Oddworld, The Sims, The Harry Potter games, the Lord of the Rings games, Sim City, Def Jam, And Ultima Online. And all of THAT is just the stuff off of the top of my head. Not to mention they were partnered with Square through most of the nineties, and were initially responsible for many of those games coming to America at all. Regardless of whether or not you like these games, you can't argue that the vast majority of that list is high rated, high selling, or often both. To say that EA sucks as a publisher is just completely ignorant. The only way to even half way complain about their track record is their rather unscrupulous move to buy up all the rights to the NFL, and attempt to do the same to all other sports franchises as well...when they should have instead improved their games more from year to year, and maybe not charge the full $50 EVERY year...have streaming updates with the advent of online or something.

GFx
12-21-2005, 10:41 PM
All of you guys didn't mention Blizzard...
Starcraft? Diablo 2? Warcraft 3? WoW(even I don't like it much, it's really popular)?

Dark Slieght
12-21-2005, 10:44 PM
blizzard is the bomb
expecially when the made WoW
square is awsome also

bakakame
12-21-2005, 10:48 PM
All of you guys didn't mention Blizzard...
Starcraft? Diablo 2? Warcraft 3? WoW(even I don't like it much, it's really popular)?
Ack, completely forgot about them. Yea, StarCraft was awsome.

They are saying that StarCraft: Ghost may actually come out in 2006..... maybe, possibly...... we ought to know better than to get our hopes up by now....

S_C_L-1
12-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Ack, completely forgot about them. Yea, StarCraft was awsome.

They are saying that StarCraft: Ghost may actually come out in 2006..... maybe, possibly...... we ought to know better than to get our hopes up by now....

there is now a teaser trailer available!

it looks decent... sorta like a cross between halo/second sight/splinter cell... (if you havent played second sight yet, you should pick it up! awesome game... but never really made it...)

hopefully, the multyplayer will be decent (altho, Blizz has always had good multyplayer... so im not really worried)

EA has made good games yes... but as i said in a previous post...

i have lost ALL of the little respect i had for EA... not because they made the crappyest X-men game of all time... mostly because they are hypocrits! "Challenge everything" they say... but when Nintendo shows them the controller, they say "we dont want to relearn how to make games"...

to me, what EA said to nintendo, it just sounds like "we want to make money without making any effort what-so-ever..."

even tho the dev. kit for revolution is nearly identical to the gamecube dev. kit ...

Dark Knight Zasz
12-22-2005, 01:17 AM
i'd say Squaresoft.. and i mean OLD Square, in the days of Secret of Mana... many RPG's that Square-Enix are making now are disgusting

S_C_L-1
12-22-2005, 01:44 AM
i'd say Squaresoft.. and i mean OLD Square, in the days of Secret of Mana... many RPG's that Square-Enix are making now are disgusting

YES! ol' school!

secret of mana pwnd :D

too bad they screwed up legend of mana...

iheartanime
12-22-2005, 03:31 AM
secret of mana! man those bring back memories! multi-player rpg was a rare sight, still is to this day. props for square for that! i think most companies have their hits and flops. i think nintendo has always put out solid games. mostly anything done by the first party is good.

i think EA is the devil, they buyout most of their competetion and they employ various outside developers and slap their label on it.

?unknown?
12-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Nintendo, Natsume, Namco, & EA. Mario is my all-time favorite character, Harvest Moon is awesome & addictive, & The Sims 2 rocks (in my opinion anyway).

Dark Knight Zasz
12-22-2005, 11:40 AM
although i have to give a shout out to Koei, can't forget Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms :D

neo_wolfwood_187
02-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Squarenix, Capcom, And Rockstar

German_Sniper9
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
:computer: square enix, square soft, rock star, the company that makes metal gear solid games, peradox :happy:

Wilder
03-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Namco all the way! They made the Soul Calibur series, and the own the Tales Studio. Nintendo also rules. The Legend of Zelda is one of my favorites too ^^!

Lord Garma Zabi
03-14-2006, 08:36 PM
I personally like Koei myself. They have original games, and original gameplay in most games. I love games taking place before our time, its so cool. Rockstar also makes good games, like State of Emergency, and of course, Grand Theft Auto. Square-Enix is decent, Enix has Dragon Quest(I think) and Square has FF. But to be honest, I wouldn't put them too far up there, because really, those are the only good titles they have. But I suppose I could include em.

Oh, and for the person who wanted to know the company that made Metal Gear Solid, its Konami:D

GreyFox37
03-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Ion Storm, EA Games (from sports to Medal of Honor), Activision, Timegate Studios, Square, and Capcom

Super Llama
04-21-2006, 02:29 AM
Noone's said Treasure yet, so I'm gonna go with that. It seems like almost every game they come out with is a winner. Plus they provided me with Gunstar Super Heroes and Mischief Makers, both of which I adore.

Nintendo, Capcom, and Namco are great as well.

Music Fiend
04-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Nintendo ~ the DS, Mario, Zelda, Metroid. Yup.

Namco ~ Tales of Symphonia did it for me

Capcom ~ Resident Evil 4 rings a bell...Viewtiful Joe was one heck of a game, too

SquareEnix/Enix/Squaresoft ~ Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, Kingdom Heats, too

Giglamesh
04-23-2006, 11:17 PM
ok...i have to go with 2 choices instead of just one....as you all see in my last post that Square Ownes all,
now its Square and Blizzard

BlU3
04-24-2006, 12:21 AM
Gotta luv Konami for Suikoden, Silent Hill n Metal Gear Solid games~ (Suikoden alone made them stand out among the crowd)
Capcom for Resident Evil~
Square for Final Fantasy n Kingdom Hearts~
Oh, n KOEI for Samurai Warriors n Dynasty Warriors~ <3

Lunamaria
04-24-2006, 03:34 AM
Koei, Square Enix, Squaresoft, Rockstar, Namco and Atari

DontBlink
04-24-2006, 07:14 AM
Nintendo, Sega and SquareEnix I like Nintendo more because most of the games I play are from them. For example, Zelda and Mario.:D

S_C_L-1
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
ok...i have to go with 2 choices instead of just one....as you all see in my last post that Square Ownes all,
now its Square and Blizzardi think we all share a love/hate relationship with blizz..... i do anyway....

"i know, lets make the only non-squishy healer/caster (and a good melee DPS) with totems (that we cant AOE, cuz that would underpower them *rolls eyes*) horde only!"...

"but what about the alliance?"

"lets just give them a glorified priest in a can"....

Regex
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
i think we all share a love/hate relationship with blizz..... i do anyway....

"i know, lets make the only non-squishy healer/caster (and a good melee DPS) with totems (that we cant AOE, cuz that would underpower them *rolls eyes*) horde only!"...

"but what about the alliance?"

"lets just give them a glorified priest in a can"....Uh.. Okay, to be fair, the Alliance gets way more people. Let the Horde have their overpowered Shamans. It's the folk on the Horde who somehow believe that the Alliance gets it easier.

And the paladins are pretty nice, just not at all fun to play.

red storm
04-24-2006, 10:07 AM
The overpowerdness of shamans is way in the past. Any decent rogue or dual-wielding warrior can take on a shaman easilly.

I personally say blizzard. They have yet to release a game I hate. Granted, they don't release much games, but that in itself speaks volumes about their policy: Quallity over quantity.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I will say Enix. NOT Squarenix. Just Enix. They made the best RPG I ever played before being swallowed by Squaresoft.
ok other than that i will also say Namco and then Squarenix.

Regex
04-24-2006, 11:29 AM
The overpowerdness of shamans is way in the past. Any decent rogue or dual-wielding warrior can take on a shaman easilly.

I personally say blizzard. They have yet to release a game I hate. Granted, they don't release much games, but that in itself speaks volumes about their policy: Quallity over quantity.
Well, rogues have always had the upper hand on shamans. But the only reason warriors can beat shamans regularly is because so many shamans are not very good players (like most rogues)

Buruku
04-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Honestly I never payed to much attention to the game makers, they were just some words before the game that I pressed through. But to answer the question.. Capcom has made good stuff, I have Namco to thank for all those arcade games, (Pac-man, Soul Calibur, Tekken to name a few) Probably the only good thing Natsume did was Harvest Moon, and I did like Sega way back when. And Nintendo goes without saying.

red storm
04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, rogues have always had the upper hand on shamans. But the only reason warriors can beat shamans regularly is because so many shamans are not very good players (like most rogues)There's more truth in there then I like to admit; I've lost count of the amount of shamans that think they can melee me as a warrior.

Comon battle versus a shaman:

-shaman places initial totems

I knock totems down.

-Shaman tries to melee me, ocasionally planting totems

I beat the crap out of the shaman.

I mean, they have so many skills and totems to keep me away, why not do what almost everybody does to kill warriors: kiting.

I think he windfurry procs are getting to their heads.

deadman
04-24-2006, 01:48 PM
squarsoft/squar enix they made the final fantasy seares the beast seares of all time!

they are the video game company gods!

angelic_assasin
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
namco....no doubt about it
awsome rpg's!!!!!

Krsnik
04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Capcom - Resident Evil Series, Onimusha Series.

Working Designs - Growlanser, Lunar: Silver Star Story, Arc the Lad.

Nippon Ichi - Disgaea, and a lot of others.

Squaresoft - Games before Final Fanstasy VIII. The rest were horrible.

Atlus - Shin Megumi Tensei series.

Sony - Wild Arms Series.

Namco - I forget for what, but they're good.

Konami - Suikoden series.

Square - enix is not a good game company. Deal with it. Their games so far have been ridiculed ACCEPT for Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy XI. ALL OF THEM.

Ayren Okami
04-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Atlus - Because of their more unorthodox titles.
Nippon Ichi - The incrediable depth and sheer enjoyablitly of their game's
Working Design's - Their amazing box set's and the fact that most of their game's that I've played are the more "simple" RPG's.
Sony - Simply for Xenogear's and Wild Arm's 1 through 3

bluesoul
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Capcom I'm deffinetly going to say Capcom!

S_C_L-1
04-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Uh.. Okay, to be fair, the Alliance gets way more people. Let the Horde have their overpowered Shamans. It's the folk on the Horde who somehow believe that the Alliance gets it easier.

And the paladins are pretty nice, just not at all fun to play.
granted, a paladin can live a long time while in PvP, but they dont have the most efficient heals, cant generate enough aggro to tank and couldnt DPS even if they had a thermonuclear bomb in their hands... basically, its just a walking buff...

Well, ofc a rogue could beat a shammy! altho its not quite a squishy, a shammy isnt exactly a tin can either! CS, BS, BS, BS, eviscerate (gouge if necessairy) and its over...

as for dual weilding warriors... well... frankly, id rather use a Retspec paly to kill a shammy! (altho not as efficient as vs a rogue)

Well, rogues have always had the upper hand on shamans. But the only reason warriors can beat shamans regularly is because so many shamans are not very good players (like most rogues)
most players period arent that good... but ive had wayyy more problems with NE hunters... they should burn!

There's more truth in there then I like to admit; I've lost count of the amount of shamans that think they can melee me as a warrior.

Comon battle versus a shaman:

-shaman places initial totems

I knock totems down.

-Shaman tries to melee me, ocasionally planting totems

I beat the crap out of the shaman.

I mean, they have so many skills and totems to keep me away, why not do what almost everybody does to kill warriors: kiting.

I think he windfurry procs are getting to their heads.
what class/spec? tier 1/2/.5?

you gotta understand where im coming from here... im a [pure] frost mage... sure, i get alot of crits and all, but the times i DONT crit give them a nice 2.5 second area to beat the pants out of me (not counting my instant nukes... stupid cooldowns....)

if i try to want the totems, i get my face ripped off
if i ignore the totems and go for him, he just tears my face off/heal himself
if i counterspell, hes already in a good distance to crack my head open
if i try to kite, i get interrupts from his spells, he gets close and im a pinata
if i protect myself midway, he just pops on a big heal and i have to fight oom...

no real way for me to fight 1 unless its 7 lvls lower...

i wouldnt complain if the paladin wasnt sooo.... uninteresting.... sure, the auras are great and all, but they dont excell in anything other than making mobs die of old age.... sure, a Retnoob build can be fun for PVP, but otherwise you just become a priest that gets bonked on the head (that would explain the slow casting times eh?)

red storm
04-25-2006, 01:56 AM
what class/spec? tier 1/2/.5?Warrior, fury spec, dual-wield. Only a couple of blues here and there.

The key is my boost in attack speed; unlike one-handed arms warriors, I don't need to wait 2-3 seconds for a strike to land. This means I can easilly rid myself of their totems.

Razor Clarence
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
EA, Electronic Arts.

Yzneftamz
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Going for Squsre-Enix (or Squaresoft, as it used to be). A Final Fantasy freak can't choose otherwise... And they have made other great games, too. To name one, Bushido Blade (which I still want to find somewhere).

Razor Clarence
04-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Sony - Wild Arms Series.
That's a ok game, Killzone is a good Sony game.

Square - enix is not a good game company. Deal with it. Their games so far have been ridiculed ACCEPT for Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy XI. ALL OF THEM.Square Enix is Squaresoft they just changed there name. A good game from them should be Front Mission 4.

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Two way tie:
Bethesda for the Elder Scrolls series
-and-
Firaxis for Alpha Centauri, SimGolf, Pirates!, and Civ's 3 and most likely 4... (Haven't played yet.)

I'd give Koei honorable mention for Romance of the Seven Kingdoms series, and especially Uncharted Waters: New Horizens, but due to the endless Dynasty Warriors games they get nothing but my contept.

Ωmega
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Well...when I first started college I was told to think about what companies I wanted to work for (Im majoring in Game Art and Design) so I thought long and hard about what comapnies came out with games I really enjoyed. Sony, Microsoft, and Tecmo...so those are my favs. Im not going to say they're the best, but I think they're preety good

S_C_L-1
04-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Warrior, fury spec, dual-wield. Only a couple of blues here and there.

The key is my boost in attack speed; unlike one-handed arms warriors, I don't need to wait 2-3 seconds for a strike to land. This means I can easilly rid myself of their totems.

oh, ic, i never really thought of that... most ppl just go "sword and board" or the 47656.3 attack speed 2-hander... and its not like fury spec is really used in PvE... (fury spec + tanking = dead warrior..... and all the healers are oom...)

A good game from them should be Front Mission 4

i dunno... the 4 was good, but FM kinda went downhill after FM2...

Krsnik
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
That's a ok game, Killzone is a good Sony game.

Square Enix is Squaresoft they just changed there name. A good game from them should be Front Mission 4.
Incorrect, and completely wrong. Square-Enix is Squaresoft MERGED with another gaming company, ENIX. Hence it being called "Square-Enix". Killzone, yes, was a good game.

Oh, to the guy who said Xenogears was made by Sony? Yeah, no. You're done speaking. It was definitely made by SQUARESOFT.

Aisu Hinate
05-01-2006, 02:45 AM
I like Atari, but they haven't come out with any good games lately.
Square Enix is my second favorite
Sega's my favorite, I just don't like how they've been making the steering and platforms lately.
Which reminds me: For those of you who have played Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Riders, have you noticed that the graphics change rapidly for the storyline. SERIOUSLY. One minute theyre mind blowing, then for the next clip they absolutly suck!!

bug
05-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I like Square Enix. Second favorite is NaughtyDog.

Terror Of Death
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
So far it's cyber connect 2 (the people who made dot hack) and Square Enix!

lex__luthor
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
sqaure soft and enox all the way

nintendo/zelda=isTHEbest
06-28-2006, 11:43 PM
IT NINTENDO. NINTENDO HAS THE BEST GAMES MABY NOT THE BEST LOOKS BUT THE BEST GAMES SO NINTENDO:laugh: :ninja: :mad:

winddragon
06-29-2006, 03:50 PM
I think that either Nintendo or sony because Nintendo made zelda and sony made the playstation.

Zave
07-01-2006, 07:25 PM
BLIZZARD or the te SQUARES(squarenix/squaresoft)

Miss Moonlight
07-01-2006, 10:42 PM
N-i-n-t-e-n-d-o

=)

Blackwaltz
07-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Capcom-Resident Evil Series (ignore Dead Aim, Survivor 1 & 2, and both Outbreak games) plus MegaMan

SquareEnix/Squaresoft- Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Chrono Trigger and Cross.

Blizzard- Starcraft and Broodwar and WoW. Think they'll ever make a WoS (World of Starcraft?). That would be hella awesome!

Double Fine- Psychonauts

Konami- Metal Gear Solid Series and the Silent Hill series (forget Silent Hill 4 ever happened)

Thats about it.

DarkWind: Lord of Dragons
07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Nintendo...

Love Legend of Zelda games...
Love Metroid Prime games...
Like Mario games...

I have a Nintedo SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, and might get a Nintendo Revolution (now know by the stupid name of Wii)...

---------
Joke:

Boy1: Hey I just got a Wii!!!
Boy2: Dude, the restrooms are over there ->.
:laugh:

S_C_L-1
07-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Blizzard- Starcraft and Broodwar and WoW. Think they'll ever make a WoS (World of Starcraft?). That would be hella awesome!
Blizzard has announced that they will turn all of their games into MMOs... maybe they could make Starcraft an MMOFPS?

and im still waiting on Hellgate: London... any 1 heard any news on that?

KillerDragonX
07-07-2006, 10:41 AM
i would have to go wit either squar enix/squaresoft or capcom

Regex
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Blizzard has announced that they will turn all of their games into MMOs... maybe they could make Starcraft an MMOFPS?That's only partially true. Blizzard announced no such thing. Vivendi (Who does own Blizzard) said something along those lines, while Blizzard insists that they don't have such plans at all (and from their statements, they would likely fight it if Vivendi told them to).

I think it would be a bad move on their part, because I think it would split their market, not double it. Their focus would be divided, and the quality of the games would decrease.

Dr.McDoom!
07-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, i know Blizzard is very... enclosed about their games. They always apply to an original standard of graphic/storyline and they have their games sold over the years.
I'm not a fan of Blizzard, though.
My compliments to Eidos Inc. First, for Hitman. Second, for Legacy of Kain. And last(but not least), Deus Ex. Those were games worth buying.
Tomb Raider sucked, however and other games they launched weren't so bright, but, they'll keep up with Hitman and Kain and that makes them better.

Notthesameanymore
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Hasn't Nintendo been around longer than the others? Its been there for as far back as I can remeber...which isn't really all that far when I look at it T.T but I like the Nintendo's series they never truly failed to disappoint.
But i like EA and Square too. I like the Konami games as well, most of what I've seen is that Konami makes them a bit realistic, I like that ^-^.

As for Microsoft, I'm not so sure it doesn't seem to be giving much competition. There are the other cmopanies but I like these best ^^'

~Jahn~73
07-07-2006, 09:59 PM
for me the best one its SONY because the grafics of their games look so real!,also the majority of its games are expenssive,and not sheap!

_Sesshomaru_
07-07-2006, 10:04 PM
i dunno

Kitanoru
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I would have to go along with Square/Square Enix aswell as Capcom too, because I really enjoy there RPG style games. here i'l name a few from each...
"Ranked in my Preference from 1-4"
#1 Square Enix- Dragon Quest VIII, Grandia III, and Kingdom Hearts II ( are just some of the "Oh" so many...)
#2 Capcom- Devil May Cry series especially Devil May Cry 3
#3 Also Nintendo for its amazing series "Zelda"
#4 Square- Chrono Trigger

S_C_L-1
07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
That's only partially true. Blizzard announced no such thing. Vivendi (Who does own Blizzard) said something along those lines, while Blizzard insists that they don't have such plans at all (and from their statements, they would likely fight it if Vivendi told them to).

I think it would be a bad move on their part, because I think it would split their market, not double it. Their focus would be divided, and the quality of the games would decrease.

"I have all the answers... and some might even be right!"

*cough*

yes, that does make sense... Vivendi probly saw the immense success of WoW and... yeah...

altho, since wow has 50% of the MMO market, if they would make other MMOs, they would just end up comtepeting with themselves... which does have its perks, but still...

but come to think of it, i might not be entirely off with the MMOFPS thing... considering that they are STILL working on ghost since last i heard... i swear... this is worse than waiting for Duke Nukem...

for me the best one its SONY because the grafics of their games look so real!,also the majority of its games are expenssive,and not sheap!

typos and bad punctuation aside, that was among the most idiotic posts of the thread...

I'm not against the video revolution, but frankly, im dissapointed in the newer generations of gamers... move the emphasis to the GAME part of "video games"...

also, what kind of gamer would WANT to dish out more money for games? i take it you dont pay for them yourself eh?

Vash the Flash
07-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Depends on the type of Game I want to play:

RPG - Who else SquareEnix
FPS - Bungie
RTS + Sports - EA Games
Survival Horror - Capcom

Venom Rayber
07-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Nnnnniiiinnnteennnndooooo!!!!

Hatsumi
07-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Hmm..Konami!
Silent hill is awesome.

Faytus
07-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Bungie!!!!!!

Kit Katy
07-30-2006, 09:04 AM
nintendo and capcome.
it's hard to decide between the two.

Sinner_Chrono
07-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Not much of a competition for me here. A little Capcom, SquareEnix, and lets see... Sucker Punch. I just love Sly Cooper.

Xieshunnuan
07-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I think Square Enix has the best games...

The-_-Wizard
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
i say that nintendo makes only the best games.they make only good games the system and other stuff isnt that great..nintendo makes great games like mario,Zelda,smash bros and a lot of other games.

Beowulf546
07-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Id have to say Squaresoft/Square Enix for RPG's.
EA for sports and for command and conquer games.
Capcom for RE games.
And Nintendo for games that are just plain fun.

bug
07-30-2006, 06:43 PM
My most favorite would be SquareEnix. They are obviously one of the best game companys ever.

king nothing
07-30-2006, 09:46 PM
EA games all the way! :D