PDA

View Full Version : Anime passed down

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
08-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Was it a member of your family who got you into anime? It was me. MY bro and sis got me into it and it seems to be a genetic thing 'coz we all like the same sorta stuff. Is it the same with you?

harakiri
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
my friend got me into anime when i was in second grade.

Gjallarhorn
08-02-2005, 02:51 PM
my father watched Speed Racer when he was kid, and i started watching anime when i was 2(14 years ago:eek: ), but my watching of anime was unrelated to my father.....

animeglobe
08-02-2005, 02:52 PM
well i got into anime when i was 7. my friend introduced me into it. i think it was sailor moon.

Teh Orefeti
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
It never been passed down to me, but I've gotten several of my friends into anime. One of them even use to despise it. ^_^

~World of Elegance~
08-02-2005, 10:50 PM
I got into Anime all by my-self after watching Sailor Moon. But I think i'm gettin my brother and nephews into it.I make them sit and watch anime with me.They ph34r meh.

MistaCloudStrife
08-03-2005, 04:37 AM
I used to watch transformers back in the day... Nobody really got me into it...

But right now, I've gotten my nephews into watching Naruto... one is 5 and he cant read but he enjoys the fights... and my other nephew is 9(I think? o.O;;) and is still learning to read properly... So anime with subtitles is just what he needs... Lol... I guess subs go by pretty fast sometimes when I think about kids his age... Hehe....

Well anyways, after I watched my weekly naruto, he would go back and watch it again... just click the spacebar to pause and again to play... So he just pauses and reads by himself... I'm so proud of him... Lol... Hes reading and getting into anime at the same time... I think I'll get him into Bleach next time... XD Kids these days love animes with fighting and violence and such...

Anime^fangirl^Shenlu
08-03-2005, 09:30 AM
lmao! I like that ^_^ It's one way to pass on the anime fan gene! The first anime my bro got me to watch was Burn up excess... the first minute freaked me out lmao! But I owe him for showin' me ^-^

neosetsuna2004
08-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I also got into anime with sailormoon and cardcaptor sakura .Seven years ago.

stigmatize
08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm sadly the only one in the family who likes and watched anime and read manga. I think reading Sailormoon sparked of my love for manga..and i was interested in anime after watching Akazukin Cha Cha. :)

My siblings aren't much interested...but under my influence, my bro sometimes watches anime now, though not fanatic about it. He watched Inuyasha and said it was good. ^__^

I also influ...er....encourage my cousins to watch anime. XD

Sword
08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
For me It was Pokemon that started it all. Now my brother kinda likes anime (especially Ghost in the Shell) and same for my sis who would sit and watch it if I put it on (especially Love Hina). So I started it all in my family mwa ha ha ha. It will take a lot of work to convert my parents though, hmm.......

Ashminigun
08-03-2005, 10:28 AM
*joins in the frenzy...

As long as I can remember... I have four siblings and I think we influenced each other esp. during the boom of Sailormoon... My sisters esp. the second, and my youngest sister love Sailormoon so much, they bought like almost the whole volume of Sailormoon manga... until now she, (the 2nd) love to read manga I have the whole collection of Hunter X Hunter and some volume of Detective Canon/Case Closed... I'm into mecha type but during the booming of Naruto, I among the first M'sian citizen to watched the first 50th eps of Naruto, back then, I always get the latest Naruto eps. from my friends in the hostel and bought it back home.... Slowly, my sisters love Naruto and already passed the baton to her to complete the Naruto legacy....

'nough said...

Vagary
08-03-2005, 10:56 AM
My older cousin got me into anime. She taught me how to draw anime too.

Raven
08-03-2005, 03:02 PM
My family refused to let me watch any type of anime (it was the eyes). But my friends on the other coast were always telling me about it, so one late night I watched Gundam Wing and DBZ, and now I'm hooked. I've gotten my sisters to watch it non stop, and even my dad will buy anime. My mom's the picky one however. I get (*cough*force*cough*) my friends to watch it. And once they get over the "cartoon" idea, its good fun!

pyrothunder336
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
My older sister got me into anime when I was 3 years old.

Raven
08-04-2005, 07:12 AM
And to pass it on, my children will never watch barny, thomas the tank engine, or anything dumb like that, they'll watch Tonari Totoro. ^_^