PDA

View Full Version : ~Guilty Gear Thread~

Arisu Reiji
08-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Well then, anyone here familiar with the Guilty Gear series? It's a really cool fighting game that features awesome music, and even cool characters to boot. Not your usual "Karate Guy" characters.. nothing really stereotypical about this game, at least in my opinion. I mean, sure, they have the usual "Good Character"/"Bad Character" scheme going on (I'm talking about Ky/Sol being kind of like a Ryu/Ken thing). People who play fighting games a lot will know what I'm talking about...

Anyways, I thought I'd bring up the thread on this game and revive the popularity of this game! [Jam Kuradoberi, Ky, and Baiken r0cks! ;)] Talk about anything on this game and let us know who your favorite characters are. Is there any information that we should know about on this game? Let us know!

Oh, and for your information everyone, I'm hearing that Sammy (the creators of Guilty Gear) will be making a fighting cross-over game with Capcom, hence the title of "Sammy Vs. Capcom" or something along those lines. It's a rumor, but I've not heard too much of it, perhaps it just is a rumor. We'll all see eventually.. 'sides, I'd like to see Ky bust out a can of.. well, nevermind. Let's just say I hope I can use Ky to beat the bloody pulp out of Ryu (no offense, Street Fighter fans :ninja: ).

Chrono
08-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Yes! I've been waiting for a thread like this. I just couldn't think of it.
Guilty Gear > Awsome. A street fighter fighting style, it combines awsome charactors with sweet moves. Good stuff. Good stuff.
Ky is one of the best charactor. He is easy (very easy) to play, he's fast, he does good damgage, and he has both long and short ranged.
But Chip is pretty up there with him. If you know what your doing, your not gonna get touched. Amazing speed, doesn't really matter if he has a low attack. By the time they get 1 hit on you, you've already got 20 hits on them. Chip > Rocks.
Baiken. Baiken is indeed a girl, and she can kick butt. Your moves have to be very accurate, and you have to practice with her alot, but she's worth it. Disable their attacks, counter everything else they do, and a very nice offense. You just can't be new to this game to play her though.
All of this stuff, I'm talking about the new Guilty Gear. Not sure about the others.

Arisu Reiji
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM
It's cool, it's cool. At least we have a few people out here that know about Guilty Gear X, and I agree with you completely in regards with the information you've relayed about the characters and their game styles. Chipp is more of a combo-attack character and can lay a lot of hits before sustaining any damage.. His illusion technique is rather annoying at times, but good if you're the one using him, anyways. Chipp can be a pain at times, but for the most part, if you're really skilled, or just a good person at mashing buttons skillfully, then I'm sure Chipp is a good character to play as.

Yes, Ky, I agree is rather easy to use. Anyone can just choose him and easily play through the game at least half-way through [if just a beginner]. My favorite though overall is Jam [almost similar to Chipp in regards to combos, but minus the illusion stunts]. Jam, if you're really good, can link a lot of combos and just string up your opponent like wh0a. Not to mention the Instant Kill attack she has, it's so cute when she just bashes you up. Haha. Anyways.. cool, glad that there's another Guilty Gear fan out there.

r0ck 0n. :awe:

GFx
12-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Alright THREAD REVIVAL. -Not sure if people are gonna post but then who cares-

Tier list!!
Guilty Gear XX #Reload:
S Eddie
A Jam, Slayer
B Robo, Millia, Dizzy
C Bridget, Sol
D Axl, Faust, Venom
E Potemkin, I-no, Johnny, Bakien
F Ky, Testa, Zappa, May
G Chipp, Anji

I've only been playing for about 2 months, but those two months were hardcore, like 5-6 hours a day. Now i can play maniac and win without losing once with Slayer, Eddie and Sol. (trying to win at maniac vs gold but can't it's simply too hard)
As you can see Chipp is not very high there... I'll tell you the main reasons.
He has a 1.30 damage modifier so he takes 130% of the damage. He doesn't have a good way to deal massive damage.
I tried to play Ky but he's not my style, but yes he is very easy to begin with.
My favorite characters are .
-Slayer, Bite Bite Bite Bite, Pilebunker. Or Corner, Pilebunker FRC HS Pilebunker FRC HS Pilebunker, you get about 300 dmg done and he gets stunned... So imbalanced.
-Eddie, I love his wakeup game... with small eddie.
-Sol, Juggles and Dust Loop (They took it out in Slash :( ).
-Zappa, Raoh and the Dog can make dish out a lot of damage.

Man I wonder when Slash comes out to console... As my local arcade don't have the game yet and I don't think they will.

.Alumina
03-02-2006, 02:32 PM
I love guilty gear, was obsessed with it for months and its soooo original! not your normal big muscle karate types, and a really deep story plot in it.