PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall Z : Legends, the one that should be the Greatest

Nineteenth
07-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Since I'm not a fan of the Budokai set of Dragonball Z games. I'm making a topic on what should be the greatest DBZ game of them all.

At that moment in time when it came out, it was the only DBZ game that allowed you to play all the way through , from Vegeta's Arrival to the Final Battle with Buu.
It also had 35 playable characters that to this point perfectly mimicked the frantic and fast paced fighting scenes of Dragonball Z.

Remeber those insanely fast fist fights they would sometimes get into? The flurry of action is just as quick and funny. As you can re-inact the fight with Nappa perfectly along with the Fight against Freeza.

Not only that, you could play as the ENTIRE Ginyu Force.

Even the music , as early as it was.. Was perfect. It defined the game perfectly, the dramatic and desperate sounding music when Goku does the Kamehamaha against Buu , then the Villian's Special Move music, nothing like that evil circus sounding music when Buu is pounding you into nothing.

They should have remade this DBZ game rather than Ultimate Battle 22.
Anyone else agree?

momiji san
07-25-2005, 05:08 PM
you must really be in to DBZ. thats kool. i defenetly agree with you!!!!

Zek
07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
hmm do you get to explore the areas and stuff?

Nineteenth
07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
hmm do you get to explore the areas and stuff?
No. If you want to explore the DBZ World, go play the French DBZ Game . Dragonball Z: The Legends of the Super Saijin.
It's the only DBZ game in the 90's to feature King Kai's Planet , Dende and the Nameks who got beaten badly in the T.V show as playable characters, also. It was the only decent RPG version of DragonBall Z (Except you could alter the events of the game if you managed to keep Choutzu and Tien alive.)

Well. You could fly around and explore, but that would be quite dangerous as let's see. Your teamates can and will be creamed if you don't turn them on AUTO mode. Aslo, leaving anyone alone to fight SuperBoo is'nt funny when you need that character later. . .

Anyway, Dragonball Z was'nt really known for it's "Rich and expansive" worlds. If anyone really paid attention the planets they were on .. Were pretty barren.

As I said before, this was the FIRST complete Dragonball Z game that did'nt require wallet breaking sequals like the more recent ones.

DBZ Legends: NOW is worth 70 dollars. . .
Formally : 20 dollars.
DBZ Budokai : 32 dollars - ->21.70
DBZ Budokai 2: 37 Dollars - - > 32.50
DBZ Budokai 3 : 38 Dollars
DBZ Sagas: 49 Dollars
DBZ Hyper Sonic Warriors : 32 Dollars.

I prefer NOT to waste money on the Next Gen Videogames as they tend to become .. Dissapointing by leaving out things.