PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 12 Battle System?

Circa
07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Is anyone excited about this new battle system being introduced to the FF series? I'm not. I've been looking forward to this game for a while now. I heard the creator of this game created FF tactics and Vagrant Story. What I don't understand is why he decided to stray from the traditional FF battle system. I really think this is going to mess up everything. I've been playing the series forever and its always been I attack, enemy attack and I love it. From the information I recieved I heard he is using a Vagrant Story fighting system, but he's involving the environment. I personally didn't like the Vagrant Story sytem and that's why I never beat it. Am I getting worked up over nothing or is anybody else kinda angry about this?:mad: Post your replies please!!!

Circa
07-05-2005, 10:55 PM
People, People before this thread is lost, I want some feedback.

MistaCloudStrife
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM

You really shouldn't complain until you've actually expeienced the system... It might be similar to that of Vagrant Story but I doubt its exactly alike... They're prolly just trying things out for Final Fantasy... If something doesn't work or they think the fans wouldn't like the new system I don't think they'd apply it... ^^

suck_my_johson_porky
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Dude, its gonna be awesome!

I can't wait to try out the new battle system, oh and hopefully this game is as cool as ffx.:D

Circa
07-05-2005, 11:11 PM

You really shouldn't complain until you've actually expeienced the system... It might be similar to that of Vagrant Story but I doubt its exactly alike... They're prolly just trying things out for Final Fantasy... If something doesn't work or they think the fans wouldn't like the new system I don't think they'd apply it... ^^I understand that. I'm just worried since every FF game before that has been the same, I hit them, they hit me. Why go and change that, but I understand where you are coming from. Of cource I'm still going to buy it. I usually don't knock it til I try it, but this just shook me upl

Lucian
07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
:chill: out man, i thought you were going to cry at the end there.
I'm sure the battle system will be just as good as it used to be if not better, its freaking FF12! I don't think we're in for a disapointment.

Dyne
07-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I understand that. I'm just worried since every FF game before that has been the same, I hit them, they hit me. Why go and change that, but I understand where you are coming from. Of cource I'm still going to buy it. I usually don't knock it til I try it, but this just shook me upl

Every FF has had a difference in battle system, playability, and pretty much everything else. If you have to complain about the game now, before it has even been released, then maybe you shouldnt talk about it.

MistaCloudStrife
07-06-2005, 02:09 AM
I would actually like to see a return of the ATB system... I was disappointed in taking turns in X... But i did think quick attacks were cool... But still... not as cool as seeing a turn bar fill up in less than a second... >=)

Anyways... we just have to wait and see if the new system is going to be good or not... ^^

retarded
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
what really happened was.....: in one of my threads i posted that ff12 is getting remade correct? well one of my theories is the battle system not the story....
from information from zayio and simple internet sources i've picked up that: following features in ff12: the catterpillar(if i spelled it right) system of ff8 is going to used, afcoarse i believe they will inhance it since in ff8 u can run into each other. Maybe use the side by side not following behide catterpillar system; but all this is just theories..... from what i know and reaserched the ff12 battle system is going to be more or less like star~ocean:till end of time, ```sorta``` i think you will be able to see enimies on radar ( radar like in ff10-the litle map on the corner ), come up to enemy ~NOT GO INTO THE BATTLE SCREEN~!! just fight right there but still with choices like attack=item=magic etc. I do hope they fix the enviornment problem "houses smaller than characters" also hope they put the airship feature from ff1-ff9 , flying around is better than choosing your destination....... i just hope the game has extreme graphics and a good story,,,,,,,,,, because i was not hooked on the whole midage fantasy. For example ff7,ff8 did not have kingdoms not fantasy-new idea. made a huge @$$ boom and exitment in Japan and US, they still do. but ff12 is going back into the midage crap, but let us hope for the best =)

QUOTE "I would actually like to see a return of the ATB system"
-its back

sanokidsasuke
07-06-2005, 01:43 PM
Midage? What is that? Well I think the battle system will be okay. I liked the old ATB system as well as FFX's system. I can't wait for this game and no matter what they do with the battles i'll get used to them eventually and go with the flow of things

MistaCloudStrife
07-06-2005, 04:50 PM
what really happened was.....: in one of my threads i posted that ff12 is getting remade correct? well one of my theories is the battle system not the story....
from information from zayio and simple internet sources i've picked up that: following features in ff12: the catterpillar(if i spelled it right) system of ff8 is going to used, afcoarse i believe they will inhance it since in ff8 u can run into each other. Maybe use the side by side not following behide catterpillar system; but all this is just theories..... from what i know and reaserched the ff12 battle system is going to be more or less like star~ocean:till end of time, ```sorta``` i think you will be able to see enimies on radar ( radar like in ff10-the litle map on the corner ), come up to enemy ~NOT GO INTO THE BATTLE SCREEN~!! just fight right there but still with choices like attack=item=magic etc. I do hope they fix the enviornment problem "houses smaller than characters" also hope they put the airship feature from ff1-ff9 , flying around is better than choosing your destination....... i just hope the game has extreme graphics and a good story,,,,,,,,,, because i was not hooked on the whole midage fantasy. For example ff7,ff8 did not have kingdoms not fantasy-new idea. made a huge @$$ boom and exitment in Japan and US, they still do. but ff12 is going back into the midage crap, but let us hope for the best =)

QUOTE "I would actually like to see a return of the ATB system"
-its back

It could go either way... FFIX was going back to its roots but didnt make a "Boom" or whatever... It's just one of those FFs that people play and forget... Well most people do... BUT, FFTactics was really good.. IMO anyway...

I wonder how they're going to do the overworld system.... I hope they bring back the walking on the world map system... Just choosing a location is so boring... -_-

Endymion_of_fire
07-07-2005, 03:11 PM
I heard the battle system is going to be a mix between vagrant story and final fantasy 11

Jam Master Funktrain
07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
I didn't like Vagrant Story because you miss attacks WAY too much. It just gets too frustrating. Other than that, I kinda like the system.

I LOVED Tactics, along with it's battle system.

If it works out right, it could be a bloody great battle system. If not, it could suck. Probably no inbetween.

sanokidsasuke
07-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Final Fantasy is not one for inbetweens, it's either hit or miss. I love the overworld system especially in FF7, FF10's system was good but too linear until the very end where it became click-to-go-there. I don't usually mind that the houses are smaller than the character. However, I would like to see them step up the map and make the cities and towns and everywhere else bigger as well as the map itself. I hope it's long too.

Zek
07-09-2005, 06:21 PM
you know what i think the new battle system is going to be great but a realy good one is kingdomhearts they have the best battle system i mean sometimes it realy sucks but what am i gonna do about it

sanokidsasuke
07-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Kingdom Hearts did have a very good battle system, for that game. If they put that battle system on any other Final Fantasy game, it just wouldn't be the same. Some would argue that it would be better, while others say worse. I personally feel that it would be worse.

I think the B/S for FF12 will be just fine unless SquareEnix deviates too far from what I know to be Final Fantasy (ATB or even CTB battles) which is pretty unlikely at the moment.

Circa
07-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Kingdom Hearts did have a very good battle system, for that game. If they put that battle system on any other Final Fantasy game, it just wouldn't be the same. Some would argue that it would be better, while others say worse. I personally feel that it would be worse.

I think the B/S for FF12 will be just fine unless SquareEnix deviates too far from what I know to be Final Fantasy (ATB or even CTB battles) which is pretty unlikely at the moment.That's what I'm worried about. I don't want them to venture to far from their traditional roots. I want them all to differ without there being a huge transition from ATB to A Kingdom Hearts style of fighting(I know it would never go that far, but you get the point).

Mousie
07-11-2005, 12:02 AM
well changes r always god i suppose
and im sure they know what they r doin

Amix
08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
O_o; I've seen a screenshot when they battled and it looks the same like in X-2...But I really want FF12, pfft everybody does too..

Marie2007
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
i am it is going to be great