PDA

View Full Version : FFVII: Truth or just wishing?

shi_amai
06-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Okay, now I was watching this show called Cinematch on G4tv a few weeks ago. And all of a sudden I saw the beginning of FFVII, but it looked just as good as the movie, and at the end it said Final Fantasy VII: Technical Demo, and said it was for the PS3. Are they remaking FFVII, or are they just putting are hopes up? If they are they need to realize just how much money they'd get out of it.

Dyne
06-28-2005, 09:05 PM
A lot of people ask about this....and sorry, no remake of FFVII. This was just a demo to show how powerful the PS3 will be

Missy
06-28-2005, 09:05 PM
My best guess is that they're just showing the power of the PS3 and how strong the graphics can be, but not exactly making a remake of it.... If they were going to make a remake of FF7, they would have made it by now.....

But who knows, Square is full of surprises aren't they. :3

EDIT: yes, agreed with Dyne

sanokidsasuke
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
That is what they're doing. But don't feel bad I started the same exact thread on another site last week or so when I saw it, and I was so disappointed. I think instead of remaking one of their games they will only produce more. It sucks though

Dark Sephiroth
06-29-2005, 07:39 AM
i really do hope that they remake it for the ps3. that is why i am getting th ps3. i will go absolutly mad if they are tormenting us with something they aint going to release. but from what i heard it isnt a lie and that it is being made

Endymion_of_fire
07-06-2005, 05:48 PM
If they decided not to make a remake I would be happy for just the technical demo

Ami~chan
07-06-2005, 09:37 PM
They did show a clip for FFXII; are you sure that wasn't it? But anyways, what everyone else is saying makes some sense. They probably just want to show off how powerful the PS3 is; if there WAS a FFVII remake, I'd camp out for monthes!

Dyne
07-06-2005, 09:40 PM
They did show a clip for FFXII; are you sure that wasn't it? But anyways, what everyone else is saying makes some sense. They probably just want to show off how powerful the PS3 is; if there WAS a FFVII remake, I'd camp out for monthes!
I'd camp out for a year! But, the did show a demo of FFVII, just showing the power of it though.

Ami~chan
07-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Ah, really? I'll have to watch Cinematech a little more. I need to see that!

MistaCloudStrife
07-06-2005, 11:06 PM
If they were going to have a remake of FFVII... the graphics would actually be WAAAAY better than that of the Tech Demo... Since it was rushed and all... =)

You can always HOPE for a remake... All the commotion for the Tech Demo might actually spark something in S-E... If they want more money, a remake of FFVII would be the way to go I would think... ^^

Dyne
07-06-2005, 11:07 PM
If they were going to have a remake of FFVII... the graphics would actually be WAAAAY better than that of the Tech Demo... Since it was rushed and all... =)

You can always HOPE for a remake... All the commotion for the Tech Demo might actually spark something in S-E... If they want more money, a remake of FFVII would be the way to go I would think... ^^
Wouldnt that be GREAT!! Yeah, they would make bundles and bundles of dough if they did that.

飛竜
07-06-2005, 11:16 PM
My best guess is that they're just showing the power of the PS3 and how strong the graphics can be, but not exactly making a remake of it.... If they were going to make a remake of FF7, they would have made it by now.....

But who knows, Square is full of surprises aren't they. :3

EDIT: yes, agreed with Dyne

I agree of your opinion there. All we know that PS3 is much advanced and smaller than PS2. But I can't wait to see the FFVII returns... :rolleyes:

Dyne
07-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I agree of your opinion there. All we know that PS3 is much advanced and smaller than PS2. But I can't wait to see the FFVII returns... :rolleyes:
Yeah, fortuantly there are going to be a lot. 4 to be exact (if you count Advent)

And I don't care what Mista thinks, I can't wait for Crisis Core!! *Proud PSP Owner*

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I've been reading up on this alot (the hardcore FF player that i am) and unfortunately, it was, as you have all been saying, a demonstration of the ps3's power... Altho they are making another FF7 (based on vincents story)... But square hasnt been releasing any info on ANYTHING!!! im still waiting for an acurate release date for AC (september 2004 my ***)