PDA

View Full Version : Anime Themes

DarkPrinceBman
06-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Well in my recent anime analysis. I have come to the conculsion that "Many girls after one guy" is the most popular theme right now. Though halarious I have one favorite theme.

The "abandond psyco hero" Seen in Nadesico, Evangelion, RahXephon, and so on. Really I am one for drama something that makes me feel that lump in my throat as the main character witnesses his, her self distruction. All very powerfull stuff.

So here you guys can post about your favorite anime themes. Please dont be scared of Shoujo/Shounen - Ai. Because if you are I will kill you.

Shiryuu
06-28-2005, 08:04 AM
Umm.. I guess my fav. is the normal kid getting annoyed by a weird visitor kind of theme (FLCL, Guu, Dokuro Chan, etc.). Either that or its just the cool big robot themes.

Gjallarhorn
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
yes the many girls to one guy thing is very over used, and yet so few of them are actually good. The only one i'm into right now is Ichigo 100%.....i tend to like the mentally distraught hero or the hero put in a situation which tears him apart inside, such as in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Naruto, Trigun, .hack//sign, Chrno Crusade, Samurai X, etc....also the all-knowing hero, who teaches those around him about the world, such as King of Bandits Jing, and Kino's Journey(Kino teaches the audience rather than the characters).....

Tsuna Kadiri
06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
I tend to like the mentally distraught hero or the hero put in a situation which tears him apart insideThat's what I'm into, also. <3

I like adventure, too. Whether or not it's one person on an adventure, or a group of people.. (I don't like Inuyasha, so I'm not including that in there). So mainly Action... and I like Romance also... is what I enjoy. But it's hard to find a show that balances those two genre's out evenly.

Dyne
06-28-2005, 01:23 PM
I personally like the Adventure theme.

Dark Sephiroth
06-29-2005, 02:51 AM
my favourite anime theme is definatly the introduction theme to the second series of naruto it is called haruko kanata it is awesome

VARLY
06-29-2005, 03:01 AM
many... include:
action [n fighting], psycho-thriller, adventure, fantasy [n rpg type], science fiction, n some realistic one. plus maybe some philosophicals n sadistic.... hehe
oh, n... for romance, up to now i only like W-Juliet; n i like some shoujo-ai & shounen-ai ones [some, not all kind of those bcoz i seen some that r really disgusting, n hate that ones]

Ashminigun
06-29-2005, 09:20 AM
*joins in the frenzy...

hmmm... I mainly preferred mecha + space adventure + in the future themes with some realistic reflection of today issues i.e war which makes the viewers thinks and can related with the real world. A bit of romance and real life drama with excellent storyline which affect the characters development in the anime are acceptable for me. I also can torelate feudal themes and a bit of all boy-meets-girl/girl-meets-boy anime but not too often.

'nough said...

DarkPrinceBman
07-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Well in my many days/weeks/months away I had time to watch old animes that I had no idea why I was watching them. Take Ghost In The Shell, its theme is of identification, where every so often we do things just to see who we are. I now know why I like the Ghost In The Shell concept its because of how endept it goes into philosophy [only one view though], I like to compare what my thoughts on this reality is with those of others. So yeah.....wow i just felt like I just talked about something off topic, alright well my main theme still is the path of selfdistruction, RAHXEPHON, and EVANGELION rule.

pyrothunder336
07-16-2005, 11:31 AM
i enjoy action/adventure themed anime but myy favorite type is the distrot hero theme

MistaCloudStrife
07-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I enjoy the... "One guy goes thru hell in his adventure" kind of animes... Berserk is what I have in mind....

*spoilers*

I mean cmon... he loses an arm, an eye, his girlfriend got amnesia after his best friend rapes her and gets demon branded by his ex-best friend so now demons keep coming after him....

Thats the kind of anime I like... Gotta love it.

VRini87
07-17-2005, 02:24 AM
The cute alien girl or the cute magical girl falling madly in love with a dorky human who apparently has no power whatsoever, or maybe he is the most powerful being in the universe but doesn't realize it yet.

Ordinary boy learns that he has some sort of extraordinary power or talent around middle school.

Envy><
07-17-2005, 02:31 AM
well i love animes that are like FMA or InuYasha