PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Anime

Chibi Goku
06-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I think probably Inuyasha is most overrated. DOn't get me wrong, it is a good anime, but some people just seem to take it too far ^^;; *runs away from Inuyasha fans*

What anime do you think is the Most Overrated?

Dyne
06-22-2005, 04:36 PM
I know I will probably get killed by this but....Naruto.

Sirenascorpio2
06-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Hmm, I guess so. It has been around a very long time.... I think that Sailor Moon is also overated, and perhaps Pokemon.

Đita
06-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Inuyasha and dragon ball z.

WhiteReaper
06-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I have to agree with Chibi Goku, Inuyasha is by far and away the most overrated anime. It has a good start, no question, but after about episode 50 the plot goes nowhere. Now I dislike Inuyasha because it is undeserving of the popularity it has recieved.

miroku-inuyasha
06-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Naruto...

Renaki
06-23-2005, 05:24 PM
naruto? -shocked-

Inuyasha is...
Pokemon is...how many video games do you need til figure out yu suck? Plus i liked digimon.
Another would be...Dragon ball Z. Its crap now. Sorry.

More? iunno.

Dyne
06-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I truly believe that Naruto is as overated as Inuyasha. But considering I own basically all of the anime of each.....I can't really say anything

Pyrobrave
06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
I would have to agree with everyone else Inuyasha and Pokemon is very overrated. They just repeat the same things over and over again. How many times does Ash have to fight the same battles over and over again, and the same with Inuyasha

Dyne
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
I would have to agree with everyone else Inuyasha and Pokemon is very overrated. They just repeat the same things over and over again. How many times does Ash have to fight the same battles over and over again, and the same with Inuyasha
Lol about the pokemon thing. It gave me the idea to sum up the entire series:

Ash and co. are walking through a forest. They meet someone who has some type of need of their pokemon, either its sick or need some type of item. They help the person and team rocket comes to steal their Pokemon. Pikachu then does Thunderbolt or Thundershock (the only moves it actually uses in the series, other than using agility once) and team rocket get eletricuted. They grab a pokemon and go up in their hot air ballon. It gets popped and they say team rocket is blasting off again.

Thats basically it, every episode. Sometime Ash gets another pokemon....which of course he just gives away

sanokidsasuke
06-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I say Dragon Ball Z, and Yu-Gi-Oh are the most overrated. Y.G.O I didnt really like all that much. DBZ I loved but I hated little kids coming up and blasting the snot out of me with a Kamehameha wave or cutting me in half with a Destructo Disc:<_<: Stubborn little tykes.....had to put them out of their misery with my Spirit Bomb back in the day:rolleyes:

I think Inu-Yasha deserves the credit it is getting, but anime just isnt as good when EVERYONE walks around worshipping it. It becomes trendy and suck I hate that.

Ami~chan
06-23-2005, 08:07 PM
DBZ and Pokemon moreso than any other series. DBZ is okay; it isn't horrible, but for all the hype, it could be tons better. Plus, it's so dang repetitive. Pokemon is the same way; it's a solid anime that any FOUR YEAR OLD could enjoy. This show is also WAYYY too repetitive.

cowboydemon666
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
pokemon.

Kentredenite
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Inuyasha... I don't see what the big deal is...

I wonder why vB doesn't support fonts under one...

Saint Mana
06-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I have two. Inuyasha, the characters are fun but the story is nonexistant. And Kenshin, that Anime is so mediocre it is not funny.

The Wing Man
06-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Full metal alchemist is to overrated because it is loved too much for not being all that great i mean seriously.

Kain The Unforgiven
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Er..I'd have to say Dragonball Z and Full Metal Alchemist. But I'd say FMA is far more overrated than DBZ. The Dragonball Z hyped calmed down after they started airing GT on Cartoon Network.

Gjallarhorn
06-24-2005, 08:41 PM
dbz/gt-repetative
inuyasha-repetative
wolfs rain
full metal alchemist-its good, but it is really overratted

Capernicus
06-24-2005, 09:01 PM
I agree with DarkTwilkight in that FMA is overrated. But that doesn't mean that's it's not good. Just not that good. Inuyasha is too, and so is Naruto. I hate Naruto! Pokemon I won't even get into, because it makes me too angry. Sailor Moon, well it's not that great and it's overrated, but I like it for the simple fact that it reminds me of happier times, like when I was little. But by far, the most overrated anime is Gundam! Any Gundam! There's too many, dammit! The creator of it needs to die.

Dyne
06-24-2005, 09:08 PM
Ha, I've got it! Almost all anime on Cartoon Network is considered overrated!

Capernicus
06-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Really? I think Paronoia Agent is okay.

Gjallarhorn
06-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Ha, I've got it! Almost all anime on Cartoon Network is considered overrated!I AGREE 99.9%!!!! except for Samurai Champloo...starts off slow, but is great after the first half of the series and has a good ending.....

Capernicus
06-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Oooh, I agree with DarkTwilight on Samurai Champloo

Wandering Samurai
06-24-2005, 09:53 PM
I'd have to say dbz

nivek5
06-24-2005, 11:27 PM
chibi that was pretty brave of u talking crap about iny. *claps* i think iny. and sailor moon are. pokemon was probbly the worst anime i saw i really don't count it as anime i call it a cartoon (english cartoon not jap.)

WBJ
06-25-2005, 12:23 AM
I AGREE 99.9%!!!! except for Samurai Champloo...starts off slow, but is great after the first half of the series and has a good ending.....actually Samurai Champloo did start of good. but what they have in action they lack in plot. in Samurai Champloo theres really no plot at all. there just searching for the flower guy WOW what a plot and through all the seasons so far they still searching. So even Samurai Champloo starts and still is rocky.

anyway the most overrated anime that i think is
dragonball z
pokemon
naruto
yu-gi-oh

Ashminigun
06-25-2005, 09:34 AM
*joins in the frenzy...

hmmm.... here's some of the list of overrated anime:
DB saga - fight, talk, talk, talk, talk, fight, talk.... and it goes on and on...
Naruto - this anime mostly focus other characters rather than Naruto himself, although it gave an extensive explaination 'bout the mysterious world of Shinobu.. I abandon to watched this anime after 59 episodes...
Pokemon - typical and cliché storyline and plot

'nough at the moment

dark_angel92
06-25-2005, 10:08 AM
pokemon, and sailor moon r so overated

Chibi Goku
06-25-2005, 12:51 PM
*joins in the frenzy...

hmmm.... here's some of the list of overrated anime:
DB saga - fight, talk, talk, talk, talk, fight, talk.... and it goes on and on...
Naruto - this anime mostly focus other characters rather than Naruto himself, although it gave an extensive explaination 'bout the mysterious world of Shinobu.. I abandon to watched this anime after 59 episodes...
Pokemon - typical and cliché storyline and plot

'nough at the moment
You've got to be kidding me...Naruto is almost focused in every episode so i disagree with you there...But lol your right about the DB sagas that's why i like them so much xD

stigmatize
06-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I'd say it's dbz and sailormoon.

Sir_Twist
06-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I think inuyasha is a good anime, but some people really do take it to far. And pokemon. Oh my god, people STILL go around with the cards in their pockets!!! And definitly DragonBall Z.

Mutsumi Anami
06-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Inuyasha and CCS!!!!THEY ROCK YAYYYY!

Azreal Hellfire
06-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Inyuyasha is in my opinion the most overrated anime of all time, and what gets me even more is the fact that all the newbs to anime who get into inyuyasha first mis pronounce it as Inyuwasha, and i get pissed and hurt them but thats just me so yeah.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
06-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Dragon Ball Z to me would be the most overated.

Uchiha Ulquiorra
06-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Dragon Ball Z to me would be the most overated.

Kihitumoru_Sayaki
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
I'd say that Pokemon is.

Sir_Twist
06-27-2005, 10:34 AM
shaman king. i've seen it and it dont look that good.

Ωmega
06-27-2005, 12:44 PM
inuyasha,naruto,and chobits.....their not worth obessiong over...

*i know im gonna get people b1tch1ng me about this*

Pyrobrave
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
The most overrated shows to me are Inuyasha (The most), Pokemon (just annoying), Yu Gi Oh (also annoying), Shaman King (done to many times), DBZ-GT(repetitive), and Sailor moon(for little kids).

Fire Zero 00
11-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Dragon Ball Z, definitely. I just don't see the point. The battles are just something like this:

"1111!!!! OMG AN ENEMI I GOONA BLASTIM!!!!1"
*blast*
"ONO I R DEAD BUT I LL BE BACK!!!!11!!!SHIFT"

>_> That's why I think Dragon Ball Z is overrated... SOME people like it but it's just way too over the top, and as others have said, repetitive...

buhbibutterfly
11-24-2005, 03:56 PM
to me the most overrated anime series are...

cowboy bebop - the only good thing 'bout this series that i see is the music -_-
inuyasha - it starts off good and doesn't go anywhere...it juss drags
tenchi - this series juss annoys me...

The Governator
11-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Inu Yasha is most certanly over-rated, its good, but dont deserver all the hype.

Love Hina is soo over-rated, i wish i never wasted the time of watchin it.

DB saga over-rated and boring.

All Gundams, there so over-rated non of them deserver the hype they get.

Chobits, yes its good but it is a little over-rated

Furuba, i love this but, its hyped too much and people forget about other romance anime's and only contentrait on Furuba, Chobits and Love Hina

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Naruto is disgustingly overrated

Illidan
11-24-2005, 06:19 PM
most overrated is DBZ and rurouni kenshin funny,serius,big fat battles, and yes HARDCORE!!!

-Batman-
11-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Sailor moon(for little kids).
For kids? What sailor moon have you been watching?

Anyway....

Naruto is over-rated. Everyone adores it for no reason at all. They aren't even real ninja's.

Inuyasha- To much emo banter and Inyuasha's Narcissistic attidute twords himself is enough to make people sick.

Full Metal Alchemist- Your short, get over it. Theres nothing special about FMA. The entire series can be compaired to thumbtacks in a blender while on super speed. It's just...so bad... The only way they can spice the series up is by killing off people and showing off lust's clevage (fan service anyone).

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Red, can I please marry you?

I do like FMA alot, but you beat the other two to death, the way they should..

http://www.kylosa.com/Hosting/anti-inuyasha/

My buddy and I made this a few days ago. Its an Inuyasha (Character) hatelisting...I expect you would appriciate it.

kenny_killer
11-24-2005, 06:42 PM
full metal alchemist and sailor moon..... they bore me....

-Batman-
11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Why certaintly.

And nice little anti-fanlisting you got thar.

I would like inuyasha a lot more if maybe the episodes would play out like this.

Kagome "Inuyasha SIT BOY!"

Inuyasha "..."

Kagome "I SAID SIT DOWN!"

Inyuasha " Oh look...the spell is broken...do you know what this means?"

Kagome "Uhh...no? did i mention how kawaii you look with those ears ^_^"

Inyuasha "DIE *****!"
*inuysaha claws out kagome's eyes and guys her like a fish.*

that would grab my attention a lot more.
Jeez...how much longer are they going to obsess over naraku. Do they want to kill him or rape him? I still don't know.

LeapOfFaith
11-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I work on a HUGE Inuyasha website, and I own two of them (Once KagomeXRenkotsu Fanlisting and one Kikyou/Kagome shrine)
But that doesn't change the fact that I think he show itself is crap. I am a shipper, so I enjoy that aspect of it, and I am a HUGE fan of a select few of the characters*Kagome, Renkotsu, and Suikostu*

But regardless....ewwww..

Thanks for the joinage. Mention it to any other non fans of Inuyasha if you can

Mahou_Senshi_Mariko
11-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Ha, I've got it! Almost all anime on Cartoon Network is considered overrated!
More like Adult Swim. I remember some stuff on CN that was underrated( Ronin Warriors, Outlaw Star, Cyborg 009, etc.)

The most overrated anime are InuYasha, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist. Next when it hits the USA will be Bleach.

ryoga-one
11-25-2005, 10:04 AM
im probly gonna catch flack from this, but i think Zatch Bell is overrated

Faceless111
11-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Inuyasha, hands down. There's too many Inu fans that are hyping it up over nothing. I mean, it could've been good, but failed awesomely. And now, there's so much Inuyasha talk, that I feel dizzy.

Of course, to be fair, there are so many other overrated animes. So many so that I can't list them. But here are a few...
-FMA-it's good, but wow it doesn't deserve that much attention.
-Naruto-ay, I love this anime, but it's talked about way too much.
-DBZ-there are so many things wrong with this anime that I can't even start.
-Sailor Moon-Maybe it holds our attention because school girls in short skirts. Beyond that, there's nothing.
-Yugioh-Need I say anything?
-Pokemon-Death to you, pikachu.

.Lovebeat
11-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I know I will probably get killed by this but....Naruto. Well, then we are two. >.<

I say...Naruto, Inuyasha and DBZ/GT ( I like Inuyasha and DB though :rolleyes: )

Skeith/Haseo Wave
11-25-2005, 12:41 PM
TCG's turned into Anime...........(or vice-versa)
Ex: Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, Beyblade, and Pokemon

LeapOfFaith
11-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Pokemon was a videogame first,and I believe SHOOT was a toy series

Mahou_Senshi_Mariko
11-25-2005, 08:31 PM
im probly gonna catch flack from this, but i think Zatch Bell is overrated
True, I kinda don't like Zatch Bell but like it at the same time. I perfer Konjiki no Gash Bell, the Japanese version. Watched it before ZB even aired on Toonami.

MSCBrock
12-03-2005, 10:15 PM
I think probably Inuyasha is most overrated. DOn't get me wrong, it is a good anime, but some people just seem to take it too far ^^;; *runs away from Inuyasha fans*

What anime do you think is the Most Overrated?

i agree w/ u inu yasha is way overrated

GFx
12-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Inuyasha is overated. Just look in the forum and the nicknames people have, at least 10% are inu related.
Naruto is looks in ebay and type cosplay... 50% of the item are like bandanas.

-Batman-
12-04-2005, 01:13 AM
The most overrated anime are InuYasha, Naruto, and Full Metal Alchemist. Next when it hits the USA will be Bleach.
Bleach is diffrent. Unlike Inuyasha, Naruto, and FMA, Bleach deserves the hype.

Romantic
12-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Inuyasha..Rurouni Kenshin..Dragon Ball z..Chobits..and Evangelion. That's just my opinion, don't take it personally.

animeseishi
12-04-2005, 01:45 AM
dragon ball...

Romantic
12-04-2005, 01:49 AM
dragon ball...I thought dragonball was pretty cool, but everyone else thought of it as a placemark for the naime of today. I never thought of it as the holy grail of the fighting genre either.

kenny_killer
12-04-2005, 02:03 AM
yah...dragon ball wuz pritty cool...

i think pokemon is over rated... even doe people say it sucks its still over rated...lol><

Lilium Filix
12-04-2005, 09:30 AM
DBZ.....sailor moon..and pokemon....-runs away from angry mob-

~Kitsune~
12-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Inuyasha and DBZ, hands down. >.<

kakashiskitty
12-04-2005, 04:49 PM
`i agree with chibi goku although inuyasha is good anime!

~*kitty*~

Kathryn
12-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Inuyasha. By far. e.e It's not even an interesting show. The same thing happens every single episode.

Cursed~Amante
12-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Inu Yasha, yeesh, i don't get it. i like Sesshoumaru, but not to the point that people start worshipping it. Ech.

3BladeDemoness
12-05-2005, 03:31 AM
I disagree not all the shows are overatted, just most of them. The ones I can stand and love are OnePiece and Inuyasha. I do enjoy OnePiece, but Naruto is overated so is Zatch Bell, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon - is ok and deffinatly Sailor moon... Its been going on WAY to long...;)

Lilium Filix
12-05-2005, 03:25 PM
i agree..i mean how can ppl enjoy all that girl stuff in sailor moon?? i mean the same thing happens in every episode.."i will right wrongs and triumph over evil..and that means you" ....sheesh..doesn't she get tired of saying that???
I disagree not all the shows are overatted, just most of them. The ones I can stand and love are OnePiece and Inuyasha. I do enjoy OnePiece, but Naruto is overated so is Zatch Bell, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Digimon - is ok and deffinatly Sailor moon... Its been going on WAY to long...;)

Sword
12-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Cowboy Bebop. It's just not quite as cool as everyone says it is...

Ayanna
12-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Let's see...
Zatch Bell (doesn't the little guy wear a dress?! I find that scary)
Pokemon (whatever...)
Yugioh (Crap)
DragonBall Z (I just don't see a point)

Sorry if I've offended anybody! I love you all!!

Thunder22
12-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Pokemon and Innuyasha

Sakurako Shiina
12-05-2005, 05:21 PM
hm....i've got to say Pokemon...^^;;

Kurumirina
12-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Naruto and Pokemon.....

Reika Yagami
12-15-2005, 10:51 PM
i think the Dragon Ball Z/GT, Pokemon, and FMA.... because those stories were concentrate to the person however, got mixed too. that are my reasons... ^^;;

kyogirl15
12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
it is not.the most overated is s-cry-ed.i have never once gotten the main idea!

Faceless111
12-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Everyone who didn't say Inuyasha is most overrated anime, is dead wrong. FMA, sure, it's overrated, but not millions-(perhaps billions)-of-cosplayers-type overrated. Not only is that anime overrated, but deprived of a decent storyline, character development, decent animation, and anything interesting. It's among the worst animes out there, yet so many fan boys/girls flock to it like flies to crap.

marvel_phoenix
12-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Personally, i like FMA. Tortured histories appeal to me, but then again i haven't seen the series in its entirety. XD

Inuyasha I got tired of, mostly because Kagome is far too whiny for her own good.

Pokemon was aimed at little kids for a reason: to con their parents into buying all the toys and junk.

Yu-gi-oh is the same, only it's geared more towards the pre-teens.

Sailor Moon I like, but only because I first watched it back when I'd had my tonsils taken out and had to stay out of school for almost 3 weeks (recomened healing time is 1 1/2 to 2 weeks) :P

Bebop is on my good list, but only because i haven't seen for a few months and can't think of much that I want changed.

New name to the list: Fooly Cooly/FLCL is kinda overrated. Mostly because the whole 6 episodes don't make a whole lot of sense, but then again the senseless-ness of it all is what makes it appeal to a lot of people.

Soon to be overrated in the next year is W.I.T.C.H. and Winx Club. They've already started making toys for W.I.T.C.H., so it won't be too long.

Oh yeah, Mega-Man is obnoxious, too, but I think that's already starting to fade into obscurity.

mokulen22
12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
EDIT: I agree with Inu yasha being over-rated, doesn't mean it's a bad series just WAY too popular for what it is. haha, I just wait for the up-roar when the dudded anime finishes -- stupidest ending* EVER!

Oh, and Tsubasa Chronicles is over-rated...but then again i seem to be the only my opinion that it is boring.

*I know, I know not really an ending 'cause the manga is still on-going..blah blah.

deathelf
12-16-2005, 08:15 PM
i would say pokemon but im not sure if its an anime i used to like it i guess i just grew out of it.

Frequency
12-16-2005, 08:18 PM
I think the most overrated anime is Full Metal Alchemist(Dont ask me why).

Notthesameanymore
12-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Top five to me anywayz,

5. FMA- its a great anime but sometimes ya know ppl get a lil obsessed like myself lol

4. Naruto- Even before it hit Toonami, it was still running a mock. I mean that in a good way. I'm a huge! Naruto fan but sometimes ppl stretch it o.O if that made any sense at all.

3. Yugioh- This seems more kid targeted and they succeeded. -.- not that liking it is bad but it really does tire out hearing it over and over again right?

2. Pokemon- *goes off ranting on Pokemon* Its the same thing over over and over every seson come. And correct me if I'm wrong...but Ash still isn't the Pokemon master? _._zzzz This was basically for little kids to advertise and stuff. Pikachu won best loved Pokemon for the year, he's like the next Mickey Mouse.

1. Inuyasha- A fuedal era anime I believe. Yes, how original non? I like it...but ppl tire out its good name lol my friend literally went metabolical when they didn't air an episode one day. *sigh* I still like it though.

uzumaki
12-16-2005, 09:18 PM
I think DBGT is overrated, no offence. I was a huge fan of the first coulpe of season of DBZ that came out on Toonami over 6 years ago, but it gets old. I really think the first season were really great though.

Masali
12-16-2005, 09:48 PM
IN!
U
YA
SHA!

Worst Anime ever, why is an anime that lacks all qualities of a decent peace of entertainment so popular? It lacks plot, and interesting characters, plus...in the first 20 episodes the animation was good and then for the next 200 the animators just said "WE HAVE LEGIONS OF MINDLESS FANS! WE NEED NOT TO ANIMATE ANYMORE!" so then the animation went to hell. Evangelion is a close second, followed by FMA.

Death Warrior
12-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Dbz

Notthesameanymore
12-17-2005, 09:56 AM
I noticed that Sonic is a bit overrated don't you think? I mean I walked out and these kids were all screaming that I'd make a better sonic than you! and stuff -.- it is kinda annoying to me now but I like the games.

DaRkAnGeL_2919
12-17-2005, 02:39 PM
i'd have to say
InuYasha and DragonBall Z

ryoga-one
12-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I noticed that Sonic is a bit overrated don't you think? I mean I walked out and these kids were all screaming that I'd make a better sonic than you! and stuff -.- it is kinda annoying to me now but I like the games.
i dunno if ive heard anything like that but sonic was big even since i was a kid

Uno_Caste
01-12-2006, 06:37 AM
DBZ, SailorMoon, Gundam & others mentioned here are all obviously overrated anime but it doesn't mean that they're not good. It's just that they gain so much popularity & the fans are asking for more so they become overrated.

~Mika~
01-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Sailor Moon

Kit Katy
01-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Inuyasha and *goes quiet*
FMA

colonelsp
01-12-2006, 09:45 AM
inuyasha got overrated(sorry) it just got old. so did digimon and pokemon.

Linaria
01-12-2006, 01:52 PM
YuGiOh...its scary to watch people watching this show. x_x.
Inuyasha ~ I used to be in love with it. oh, my Dub-days...
Poke'mon ~ A classic overrate. its almost on everyone's list xD
I know i'll get killed for this.
Fullmetal Panic. ~ i bought the first volume of the manga, expecting alot, since i've heard so much. but all it gave me was a headache. to make sure it wasnt just me, i let my 2 best friends read it, and the same thing happened to them. v.v. maybe i should get a second opinion and try the anime, no?

Showgan Jin
01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Db series cause it was an anime that everyone knows, plus it won almost all the awards in that one anime award thingy( i remember reading it ).. Eventualy it got boring... but it was probably the most Overrated Anime of all...

Balance
10-28-2006, 12:41 AM
It's been about what, nine months since someone last posted here? Anyway, I agree with most of you, and the ManGa seems to be better (except Sailor Moon and InuYasha) on most of them. Chobits is actually pretty good though. Reason why Sailor Moon and InuYasha is pretty much dead is because of their lame attempt on having a long, long, long anime series with a strong plot line. That's about it though.

asian_brad
10-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Well let's think... Naruto, One Piece, Bleach any popular AniMe that hits the US, due to the overwhelmming of ridiulous fans for each of these AniMes is why they're overrated.

hyllboy88
10-28-2006, 05:14 PM
dragon ballz inuyasha pokemon yugioh and full metal alchrmist extremly overrated

Gnosis
10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
One word - Naruto

kanauchiha
10-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Naruto...THey over did it a little but it's still my favorite!!!

Miss Moonlight
10-28-2006, 09:12 PM
-Sailor Moon-Maybe it holds our attention because school girls in short skirts. Beyond that, there's nothing.

Only if you're a guy, maybe. :happy:

Even though i've watched most 'overrated' anime way back in the day (DBZ, pokemon, etc) .. i've also seen some good 'underrated' anime, but that's a different topic, so i'll save it. ;)

Balance
10-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Only if you're a guy, maybe. :happy:

Even though i've watched most 'overrated' anime way back in the day (DBZ, pokemon, etc) .. i've also seen some good 'underrated' anime, but that's a different topic, so i'll save it. ;)And I think we all noticed that most of these shows were from toonami, or cartoon network. It's sad really.

Miss Moonlight
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
actually, most of the lesser-known anime I was talking about was on sci-fi's 'saturday anime' program back in 97~98. They had 80's anime, and it was all dubbed.

Scarlet Wings
10-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Naruto, for many reasons

-Shinigami-
10-29-2006, 08:10 AM
Man, the most overrated anime used to be DBZ (remember the DBZ craze a few years back?). Now Naruto is the most overrated. Seriously, I don't really think the Naruto anime is very fun, I mean it's ok, but it's not that good. It starts off interesting, but later on, there's lots of fillers, and the anime deviates from the main plot.

Moonlight Eve
10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Inuyasha, DBZ, and Gundam.:ninja:

Scarlet Wings
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
DBZ and Gundam were both very influential. So I don't see why they should be considered overrated.

Yachiru Chan
10-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Man, the most overrated anime used to be DBZ (remember the DBZ craze a few years back?). Now Naruto is the most overrated. Seriously, I don't really think the Naruto anime is very fun, I mean it's ok, but it's not that good. It starts off interesting, but later on, there's lots of fillers, and the anime deviates from the main plot.
I very much agree with you. Naruto is a very excellent anime/manga, but it's just...all filler. And, the fanbase...eek! It's turning into like...the next DBZ...well, sort of. :happy:

Beyond the Grave KO
10-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I think Sailor Moon is most over rated because not much older anime fans will really be into it its only kids that make it really popular

timewarp90
11-04-2006, 11:44 AM

What anime do you think is the Most Overrated?I can't agree with you more! I watch the show, but sometime's I'm a little unsettled by the extremes to which the fangirls go...:: please don't kill me, fangirls!! ::

koikazeflip
11-04-2006, 12:22 PM
naruto.. so very overrated..

Riina-chan
11-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Inuyasha. Its not very interesting and its boring...(sorry fans)

Sagat
11-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Oh gee I don't know - NARUTO?

Slumber
11-04-2006, 04:55 PM
I actually don't find Bleach overated (if only because I rarly hear anyone say stuff along the lines of "OMGZ! Bleach is teh roxxors !1!1". In fact, it's american fanbase is nowhere near as big as I expected it to be. That could change around the time it reaches the Soul Society arc, however). I don't think Inuyasha is overated either, since everyone seems to hate it, save for a few people. Anyways, I have a few:

*DBZ (various reasons)
*Outlaw Star (not a bad show, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype it built)
*Naruto (an all around above average show, IMO. I love the majority of it's characters and some of the plot elements, though)
*Samurai Champloo (this might be the most overated one in a long while)

I'll probly continue this list over time.

Maya Miyazono
11-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Full metal (Even before it Aired), Naruto (same thing), Final Fantasy- *Thinks*

Toyama Tokanaea
11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
InuYasha is really over-rated.

Tomoyo01
11-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I think Inuyasha is the most overrated anime! I saw it a few years ago and I`ll never do it again...

Ginny Weasley
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I think Inuyasha is the most overrated anime. I personally do not like the series. I think its pointless, and the characters are dumb/ugly.

uchihaitachi100
11-11-2006, 03:21 AM
I know I will probably get killed by this but....Naruto.HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING I MEAN NARUTO IS NOT OVERRATED !!!!!!!
bleach is overrated the most

fullmetalx89
11-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Inuyasha, DBZ, Naruto

Mr.Moomoo
11-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I say that Pokemon and Dragonball Z are the most overated. There are too many pokemon and in Dragonball Z there are to many levels of super saiyan.

Princess Hoshi
11-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I think Inuyasha is the most overrated, because it has too many WAAAAYY to many episodes, including Pokémon in the same category. It should end...><

I enjoy Naruto ( I just wish it didn't have so many fillers and better dubs.) and Fullmetal Alchemist. <3~ I'm not going to say anything more....>> I'm afraid what might happen to me if I do...

Gozar
11-12-2006, 02:58 AM
I'd have to say Naruto....I mean it's definetley a good series, without a doubt. But the hype it gets is just too much for a series that has rather predictable fights (atleast later on).

hvid_noire
11-14-2006, 07:35 AM
hmmm... MIRAGE OF BLAZE is the most overrated anime <at least for me>

someone told me before that if i really like yaoi, CLAMP and gravitation, i should watch this series... but no!!! though i finished watching this one, it can't compare to gravitation and clamp works!!! but it is still an anime so i guess it's ok that i've spent some money for this!

shichiyou
11-14-2006, 05:13 PM
I think that Pokemon is most definately Overrated. The anime is very lame unlike the video and card games which I actually like.

kyubichan
11-14-2006, 11:48 PM
NARUTO: In the 'net and in real life, I find tons of people obsessing about it, and it's not even that good. Sure, the fight scenes and the plot are very interesting, but there's too much filler. The scenes also drag on too much, and a lot of the same ol' premise is repeated time and time again. The manga is great though, yet since people who say it's "AWESOME!" mostly have seen only the anime, I have to say, it is overrated.

小美ドクロchan
11-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Cowboy Bebop. It's a good anime but ENOUGH already! Besides, I think it's depressing and the characters are okay but they aren't the greatest 2-D beings to grace across the screen of the rising sun!

Last note:
Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop ^_^

Chobits. I'm SO sick of the hype. It's been "Chobits" this and "Chobits" that. Chobits Chobits Chobits. Shut up with the Chobits!! swear if I see or hear ONE more fanboy go "CHI IS THE BEST ANIME GIRL EVER!" I'll......

argh........-_- yes yes, she is cute but she's got next to no personality!

DearS > Chobits ^_^