PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

Đita
06-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Has anyone ever seen or heard of this anime before? I heard it's a pretty sad anime.

Taikyo
06-20-2005, 01:03 AM
I heard of it alrite. Its not only sad, it has alot of violence, and that it's also a romantic anime..lol...But I do say I luve the artwork. ^^

What I can summeraize about it:

Its about this diclonius (a mutant human, with two little horns on top of her head and with special "powers") Her name is Lucy (pernounce looshee). She was an experiment (not sure forgott =P) and she escaped this lab, with none the less, left plenty dead of bodies. When she was esacping, she was shot in the head and awoke on a beach. She meets Kouta and Yuka, which they took her in. Yuka is in love with Kouta, but it's more like Kouta cares more for Lucy.
The other personality of Lucky is a care free girl that can only say "Nyuu". So thats why they name her Nyuu.
Sometimes, when Nyuu snapes, she turnes back to Lucy, which equals a lot of blood in this anime.
An armed group, with also a soldier name Bando was sent by Director General Kakuzawa, to capture or kill (...sad) Lucy. The reason why is because he thinks that Lucy is a threat to everyone. So..whats a better way in capture a mutant human with horns, then to send another one after it. Thats when you meet Nana, another diclonius.
(a little info. on Nana)
Nana is on love with Director Kurama as a father and is compeltely loyal to him. (calls him papa) She is also a subect of cruel expereiment, like the others like her, in the lab.

Welp, thats all i could give. Can't make to long. =P

fullmetal_alchemist_fan
06-21-2005, 12:21 AM
I love it.Oh and the Nana thing made me cry.It was so sad to me.Stupid Kurama kept her locked up for so long and nana was still loyal to him.

DragonNight
06-21-2005, 12:44 AM
i love it!
theres also a very interesting comic that some person made
it has alot of inapproprite things so if you want the site you can PM me.
overall though its a very sad anime...

hkk
06-21-2005, 02:09 AM
i never heard of it but it sounds great^^ the title seems german, am i right? if so, i wonder why i havent heard of it... (but it could be just like with weiss kreuz)

laterz, hkk

Đita
06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the summary taikyo..now i don't have to search every where for it. XD

Innotech
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Elfen Lied is a spectacular show really. It is very very violent (on par with Gantz) and some imagery is very disturbing and controversial. HOwever, it is a very well done shoujo style drama, with a lot of blood and gore. It also has some surprisingly high levels of cuteness in it, whicvh is why I watched it and started buying it :D
IT is a thought provoking anime, and not nearly as shallow as its artwork and ADV shows it to be. It is really an introspective look into humanity and the awful (and osmetimes good) things that humans do. I really love it for that human element.
The characters all have quite messed up stories of their own to tell and you will definitely sympathize, possibly even with Lucy (although Nana is MUCH easier to sympathize with)

djpeanut2004
06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
hmmm sownds like it would be a good anime.never heard of it but i might look into it.

Đita
06-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Elfen Lied is a spectacular show really. It is very very violent (on par with Gantz) and some imagery is very disturbing and controversial. HOwever, it is a very well done shoujo style drama, with a lot of blood and gore. It also has some surprisingly high levels of cuteness in it, whicvh is why I watched it and started buying it :D
IT is a thought provoking anime, and not nearly as shallow as its artwork and ADV shows it to be. It is really an introspective look into humanity and the awful (and osmetimes good) things that humans do. I really love it for that human element.
The characters all have quite messed up stories of their own to tell and you will definitely sympathize, possibly even with Lucy (although Nana is MUCH easier to sympathize with)
Im going ot have to look in to this more to. XD I wonder do they have that anime in the USA yet..>< i hope they do.

nivek5
06-21-2005, 11:22 PM
yea it's sad but the fight seens in it are just awsome like some1 thowing a pen though a guys head without touching the pen(if u havn't watched it yet i'm not going to spoil it of y you'll just have to see it yourself)