View Full Version : [TV series] Hellsing

The Wing Man
06-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Name:Hellsing
Episodes:13
Genre:Super natural/horror
Type:Tv series
Source:Action channel
Plot synopsis:Hellsing is about a orginazation in england known as hellsing, they kill vampires and two of there members Happen to be vamipres one is alucard a very strong vampire Who has ancient powers that are great. The other is victoria a young police officer Who alucard bit to save her life, Lead by integra hellsing the group tries to make the world better For a higher class of vampire.

Story.10/10:The story has a very good way of entertaining you and making alot of weird things make sense. Following along with what you exspect in the story it has a great horror effect, the action is good but because of a very good story the anime left me wanting more. Even though it is a short anime they seem to put alot of story and characters to make up for it, So i give it a 10 for how it is always fresh in every episode and how the story is solid.

Characters.10/10:The characters are very well thought out and are even very much different from eachother, for instance the character alucard is basically different from most characters i have seen.He is original and was a very good idea that is why i think he is so popular.The other characters also add to make the show more entertaining and even though There are few new characters in the show, the villians are really really well done So the characters are original and are very interesting and cool.

Animation.10/10:The animation is pretty updated to most animation that we are seeing today, It is also very good how they make the animation look good in weird times of the show.Like when alucard transforms they seem to change it somehow to go better with him It deserves a 10 because it was just good clean animation.

Audio.10/10:The voice actors are very good and go with the characters perfectly exspecially alucard's voice, The music is very good aswell like the opening credits have a very good song. And the music throughout the show is similar to it and fits the show as good as the voices fit the characters, Most deffinetly gets a 10 for very well done music and good voices for the characters.

Plot.10/10:Avery deep plot that actully is full even despite all the action there is a fair amount of plot, It gets very good basically surrounded around hellsing getting to kill every single bad vampire. It gets a qo for a good story but the plot fits with it all and makes it a pretty perfect anime.

Overall.10/10:It is a great anime that i loved watching and even enjoyed writing a reveiw about, The anime had action,story,good characters and even good music with its own original sound. Hellsing deserves a 10 because of just how really original and how great it really is. That is why i think hellsing is such a very well known and very popular anime, The only downside is that it is a very short anime but it makes up for it in style and action.

Die Tod von Euch
06-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Plot synopsis: (Just in case you found the one above a bit hard to read due to grammar and such...because I did.) The Hellsing organization has been around for centuries, fighting to protect England from the demonic creatures of the night. Currently, the organization is run by Integra Hellsing (Integral Wingates Hellsing is her full name). The vast majority of Hellsing is comprised of human soldiers, but they have a trump card--Alucard, a very old and very powerful vampire who finds everything utterly amusing. They also end up with a second vampire, Seres Victoria, fairly early on. She'd be more useful, however, if she wasn't so stuck on trying to be human...

Story (8.75/10): It would have been better if they had stuck more closely to the manga. As it is, they start making things up halfway through that don't make a world of sense, and it comes off as a bit sloppy... Even so, I was pleasantly surprised with this series when I first saw it, especially since I thought the concept rather cliche at first (you know...vampires killing vampires...).

Characters (9/10): Alucard is quite possibly one of the best vampire characters I have ever come across in entertainment. He's also the best depiction of a modern day Dracula that I've ever seen. Most of the cast are very well done, with a few exceptions such as Seres. Seres is the least original character in the entire show, and simply plays the part of Anne Rice's Louis from Interview with the Vampire... But with fan service..

Art/animation (9/10): Usually smooth, nice style, and sets the mood well. There are a few times when it doesn't seem to meet par, but there are other times when it's amazing.

Voice acting, music (9/10): This is one of the few series that I've not watched in both sub and dub, and only watched it dubbed... Why? Because they are in England, so should speak English and be able to pronounce their own names... So, going by the dub cast, I'd say this was pretty well done. The ones who are English have English accents, the ones who are American have American accents, etc... The only one I really had a problem with was Alucard... While I think Crispin Freeman usually does a good job with things, I don't think he was the best choice for Alucard. Alucard sounded American... Dracula is not from America... >_<

Conclusion (9/10): As much as I love this series, I can't give it a 10. It strayed far too much from the manga, in my opinion. There's hope, though... I've heard they are going to make a new animated series for Hellsing that follows the manga. But for this series?... Yes, it only gets a 9.