PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode

mistressmisha
06-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Has anyone else read the sequel to the bestselling Tokyo Mew Mew? Berry is adorable, I have to say. But how come Mint isn't a snob? And Ryou is as mean? Really, it is alittle different . . . maybe it's because Kodansha part wrote it. I give it 8 out of 10, maybe a 9, what does everyone else think?

Ωmega
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
i enjoyed it.i think what happened with the character changes was a way to show growth in the girls......or to create "new" characters in a sense

Sakurako Shiina
06-14-2005, 03:11 PM
It was realy nice......but yet my fav stays as mint.....

anime_Geek
08-21-2005, 11:51 AM
i have heard about it but never read it it was when ichigo left to england and berri was the temporilry leader of the team she wa sinfused when she accidently dropped a formula on her self that make her get infused with cat and bunny and there was a donut thing 2!? i cant remember correctly

mew sango
08-21-2005, 11:55 AM
its realy cool but i like tokyo mew mew beter

SilverOcean
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
I like the first one better; the characters have more personality in my opinion.

lillylie43
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
i like tokyomew mew better

-Shizu-
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
i HATE berry. :mad: how dare she take ichigos place!? *kills berry * tokyo mew mew is much, much better.

AnimeLegend!713
08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
I never read it but I want to.I want to know Ichigo's competition.

Toko Sora
06-17-2006, 01:19 AM
I love Tokyo MewMew A La Mode but I must say, I do like Tokyo Mew Mew better. Also -Shizu-, I do hate that Berry stole Ichigo's place for the leader. She's cute and great but I think Ichigo is the better captain.

http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/tokyo%5Flayout%5Ffinal.jpg
http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/tmm038.jpg

A True Friend
09-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I love berri the manga is great!

Doriimu
09-11-2006, 10:24 AM
For me, the manga was not worth the (or any) money. 2 volumes were definately _not_ enough to develop a decent storyline with interesting characters. Everything was so bland and boring and full of clishées, TMM was far better than A La Mode. I don't like Berry all that much, but I like Tasuku. He's a fun character. ^^ But please don't get me started on the villains, it was just downright...well, you get the point. They didn't have a personality at all, never really explained why they did what they did and suddenly after 2 volumes, everything is forgotten and they became good. Why did they want to get rid of the Mew Mews anyway? It happened so fast, you didn't even get to liking the characters from the first Tokyo Mew Mew series.

Well, you might probablyfigured out that I don't like the follower of TMM. ^^° No offence to TMM a la mode fans, the manga just doesn't appeal to me much.

Halem
09-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I have nly read the first one but my fav is Berri and Sakuro and pudding still ^^'''I hope that in the fist series ya'll saw the little not that they wrote...it said;" Yes Tokyo mewmew is a copy of sailor moon, but just for little kids." ....Or something like that XD

Ragexmr
09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
To the person above. It isn't a copy since BSSM is a copy of a copy of copy of a copy ad infinitum as well. Its not fair to say that.

I like a La Mode. Berri irritated me but so does Ichigo. I don't often like the main characters of Mahou Shoujou because they tend to be whiny-The only exception I can think of it Himeno from Shin Shirayuki hime Densetseu Pretear. She was really cool as far as magical girls go.

I thought the story could have been developed better and they could have made more out of it than just two volumes but I was glad to see the characters again reguardless. My favorite remains Zakuro, however.

I'm a diehard Zakuro/Minto shipper, btw

Lorikachan98112
09-18-2006, 11:47 PM
As much as I like Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode, I really don't like the fact that Berry just barged in, and suddenly became "The Leader." Because I think Ichigo would have done a much better job.

sari
09-21-2006, 07:26 AM
I've read some of it, I though it was good! Oh, Lorikachan98112 she only became leader because Ryou said, she was just as happy as being a mew mew....

Ragexmr
09-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Berri really didn't have a choice in the matter of becomming the leader. She had no choice but to join the Mew Mews after she was hit with the genetic mutation thingy and since Ryou and Keiichiro are practically the Mew Mews bosses in the field as well as in the cafe, she had no choice but to be the leader as well when they told her she had to be. I don't like the girl but I can't not stand up for either so...