PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Art is bad, mmkay?

whitequeen
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Greetings, folks.

Alright, so I was directed here by a few of the folks over at http://everwander.ixlair.com when I heard somebody was stealing art.

I really hoped it was just a misunderstanding, and I was honestly surprised when I did see it. I'm one of the forum admins at everwander, and I take things like art theft very seriously.

|2emix is an art thief, and the evidence is pretty clear.

I saw someone say this:

My frd l2emix....he didnt steal arts, HE drew those!!! Spinny is his frd, Spinny asked l2emix if he can put his pictures on his page (spinny's page) so in other words, Spinny is the one stealing it.

i was there watching l2emix drawing those picture for the whole time, so please dun blame on him, Spinny asked him if he can post l2emix's pics on his page so you guys thought those drawings were Spinny's actually WAS l2emix's make sense now?!?!

This is, of course, an utter lie. Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Anyone with a brain can look at the pics in question:

Plushies:
http://everwander.ixlair.com/comic/viewcomic.php?Num=48

Like a Fiend:
http://everwander.ixlair.com/comic/viewcomic.php?Num=119

However, if akichan's sordid tale was true, these would be the *only* art pieces that Spinny "stole" from |2emix. However, this is clearly (and stupidly) false. Spinny posts a webcomic called Everlasting Wanderers. He's had over 136 comics posted, as well as various everlazies, everbusies (placeholder arts), and other things. It is obvious if you look at his art, starting with comic #001 all the way up to #136, that it was all drawn by the same person. Furthermore, Spinny recently was selling sketches and prints of his art over at Fanime Con (Prints still available if you are interested in buying them!). If interested, you can contact fanime's convention staff at http://www.fanime.com. Obviously, Spinny and |2emix are not the same person. One of them drew those images. It's pretty clear which of them that is.

Finally, just look at it from a logical point of view. If Spinny was the one who "stole" the art, even ignoring the obvious evidence of the everlasting wanderers website, why would |2emix be so stupid as to post images with a copyright: Spinny 2005 marking on them? Why would |2emix post images that were 'stolen' from him? He should have originals that he signed himself.

I've worked with professional artists in many regards. I have personal friends who are published comic book artists, as well as 2D and 3D artists who work on PS2, X-Box and Gamecube games. Stealing art is never OK. It will come back to bite you in the butt. On a forum, you'll probably just get laughed at and reprimanded, but if you try to do this stuff in real life, chances are good you'll get fired from your job or expelled from school, and then have a very very big, very very black mark on your record.

Nobody likes dishonesty, and claiming others' work for your own is the worst thing you can do. It kills your credibility, and when your credibility is shot, nobody will even look at your portfolio.

--WQ

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 10:17 PM
My gosh, i like Aki and Remix as people ...but umm, arghh... ok, i dont like art thieves, since i used to be a victim of art thieves back in school. Argh -___-

But its true, ive seen someone back in high school re-sketch FFX drawings and claimed it as his own, my brother brought a FFX game guide to school and busted him bad. He went from being a great art student to outcast/theif in the art field. I was the only best legit art student after that XD

lykeafoolppl
06-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Eggy, i dont see y r u using another new account to scold l2emix......he's a friend n i wus there too when he wus drawing those pictures, u guys jus dont know him, Spinny stole his drawings and put those on, l2emix didn't knoe dat Spinny stole them......u r bored, using new accounts to scold him =_=

Spinny just hate l2emix, datz all i knoe.

Eggy
06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
|2emix wrote this to me via pm:

"now you don't even know what you are doing...Spinny is a friend of mine, i drew those pictures with my hand and i know akichan and lykeasoolppl knows becos they were there with me. Spinny asked me if he could put MY drawings on his site, now you guys are saying that stole it, and YOU reported to LPS i bet, and told her to close the thread. You must be bored...so blamed on me rite? don't you want me to prove it then?! Spinny is the one who stole my drawings. You got caught. Becareful of what you are doing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cough*
first things first, if you had the time to write me this complaint, why didn't you clear things up at the beginning in your own thread? You do know that alot of mods are waiting for your answer, yet you seem to have disappeared for the whole day while your buddies keep covering for you.
Are you just waiting until everything cools off so you can come out later?
anyway, since you're so relunctant to give us an answer, I thought I'd post your message here, just to save you the trouble of typing it again.

ok, now you say that Spinny is your friend.
Well, Spinny happens to be the friend of WhiteQueen up there, and alot of people in the EW forum. Though I'm not one of his closest friends, I'm sure the others know alot about him.
So you know Spinny right? What's his real name? His age? His job? What was the reason for him not updating his comics these past few months?
(Heck I've been reading Spinny's comic for the past year and I still don't know his name....but do you? if you do, I'd like to hear it)
If you know him, you must at least know some basic information about him.
So if you claim Spinny to be your friend, do tell us everything you know about him.
Then we can verify with WhiteQueen, other EW members, and Spinny himself if your data is correct.

oh allright, your buddies were there when you were drawing those pictures.
And I happened to win the Nobel Prize for Literature because a few of my buddies were there too.
All you're throwing me are mere talks.
Unless you provide me with some physical evidence, I'm unwilling to believe anything you say.

Lastly, oh you think I'm just one of those people going around forums looking for troubles eh?
You think I LIKE to waste my time arguing about this matter because you won't confess??
You know what?
One of your mods came over to EverWanderer Forum and ASKED about your thread...
...the people of this board were suspicious of you even before we were...

anyway~
two wrongs don't make a right.
confess before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself

<3 Eggy (love & peace)

edit: so you think I made a new account just to bash on |2emix eh?

think again, this is the thread started by one of the mod here at EW Forum asking about |2emix thread
http://everwander.ixlair.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8182#8182

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Shouldnt we be hearing Spinny's side to the story before any harsh decisons are made? If im on the right track, there's still the possibillity that Remix did those 2 and let Spinny use them, right? =\

lykeafoolppl
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
exactly!!! u guys have to ask Spinny first, plus!! i know dat l2emix drew those, its just dat u guys dont knoe him so dont blame on him. Ur just scaring him.

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Yep, we need to hear from Spinny. Ok, read this.

l2emix:
yes those drawings were orgrinally spinnys but he took my ideas and im very very frustrated at the moment i knew spinny from playing ragnarok awhile back so yea he wasn't much of a close friend but he was a friend on ragnarok and my friend was friend with him and if im getting sued um go figure im really worried

l2emix:
but you see he took my ideas so therefore its were kinda mine i regret never signaturing my work <_<;; then again my mom is a ***** so she burned all my pictures and those were only saved perhaps all my other drawings were burned and i was punished beyond belief i was locked in the bathroom etc. blah blah ive had a rough life and this is making it even rough but aki chan is there for me so im relieved alot she comforts me now i don't have to worry

Aifa:
Hmm, did you tell the mods that yet Remix??

l2emix:
i can't exactly tell them my modem atm has high rising ping and im kinda amazed i got this far to FFV ive been having alot of connection problem therefore i can't get on AF nor defend myself

Radio:
i don't think getting sued is anything anyone honestly has to worry about..that is riduculous

Aifa:
Do you want me to copy what you said and post it in the AF thread?

l2emix:
yes Aifa you can post what i said here

lykeafoolppl
06-06-2005, 11:23 PM
now datz da truth, i believe l2emix.

n i can tell if Spinny will be honest. Because i play Ragnarok.......who dont knoe him. =_=

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah, i think this whole fiasco is making Remix look bad, i believe |2emix is NOT a thief.

lykeafoolppl
06-06-2005, 11:35 PM
i believe him, l2emix is too nice /purified (lol) to steal.

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Yeah, ive known him for over a week now and he doesnt seem the type. But unfortunately, i think copyright issues might have gotten the best of him =\

...people get sued for anything nowadays ><

Eggy
06-06-2005, 11:48 PM
hmm...allright
but remix2's reason does sound very cliche
it really resembles those...

a person lie about their house being haunted by ghost
and when people ask him to take some pictures he'd come up with excuses like
"my digital camera is broken so I brought it to the shop to fix, it'll take about 3 months" sort of thing...

same thing goes with the "my mom burned all my stuff"
seriously I've heard the same thing too many times before

but hey hey hey hey~
I don't mean he's necessarily lying about the loss of his artwork
I'm just saying~~ it's cliche

so you have faith in your artist
and I have faith in mine

we'll just wait and see

whitequeen
06-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Like I said... what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Sherlock Queenie is on the case, and guess who's statements don't hold water?

Let me spell it out for y'all. All spelling errors quoted in context.

First quote, from Akichan:

Ok here it is lemme simply this thing^^; l2emix drew all those pics, and Spinny (his frd) ask if he can put his(l2emix's) pics on his page (Spinny's page) so l2emix let him. Now pplz thought l2emix stole his drawings cos you guy think the drawings were drawn by Spinny. Its a big misunderstanding here. Plus...i was there with him whole time when he was drawing those pics. He use the scanner in the library^^;

So akichan here is saying that he was *there* when |2emix was drawing those pics.

Next quote, from |2emix:

yes those drawings were orgrinally spinnys but he took my ideas and im very very frustrated at the moment i knew spinny from playing ragnarok awhile back so yea he wasn't much of a close friend but he was a friend on ragnarok and my friend was friend with him and if im getting sued um go figure im really worried

So we've gone from "|2emix Drew These" to "|2emix had the idea for these and Spinny drew them". Somebody is lying... it's either akichan or it's |2emix.

Which brings us to the final quote:

but you see he took my ideas so therefore its were kinda mine i regret never signaturing my work <_<;; then again my mom is a ***** so she burned all my pictures and those were only saved perhaps all my other drawings were burned and i was punished beyond belief i was locked in the bathroom etc. blah blah ive had a rough life and this is making it even rough but aki chan is there for me so im relieved alot she comforts me now i don't have to worry

How can you "signature work" if the drawings were "orgrinally spinnys"? You don't sign stuff that doesn't belong to you. Spinny's put up 136 comics plus prints, sketches, and even a convention appearance. |2emix says he came up with the idea for two of them.

So which is it?

|2emix and Akichan have inconsistencies in their respective stories. That much is blatantly obvious with their own quotes, as I have just posted. Furthermore, if |2emix didn't draw those pictures, but rather only came up with the idea for them, then there is no reason he should be claiming he did draw them, especially when he then admitted he didn't. That's still theft.

--WQ

/Aifa|
06-06-2005, 11:53 PM
QUEEN: Im pretty sure you know Aki and Remix arent very good at english, so you cant rely on those assumptions. If you want to fit a story into those words then we can say that Remix drew up the idea, showed Spinny, Spinny drew it again so he could claim it as his work.

And as for how Remix didnt "sign" his work, he could be referring to labelling his work as his own to prevent to any copying, and hence not land him into this crazy situation.

EGGY: Good. Lets not jump to conclusions.

Anyways, as a 100% Chinese, i can believe it if parents did those sorts of things. I could see my parents doing that same thing too.

...its all speculation until we get more words from the 2, especially Spinny since i havent heard anything on his thoughts on this.

Shuurai
06-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Dude... I came up with the idea of a guy turning into a girl when doused with hot water. And then turns back into a guy when doused with cold water.

What the hell, that stupid Rumiko Takahashi stole my IDEA. AND MADE SO MUCH MONEY...WHERE'S MY CUT OF THE CASH? Don't be fooled, guys, instead of hot water for girl, she made it into hot water for boy... OH HOW CLEVER YOU ARE, RUMIKO. I'VE GOT MY LAWYER AND I'M COMING AFTER YOU. Ranma 1/2 is half mine!

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 12:02 AM
Uhh, what was that all about?? Anyways, Whitequeen and Eggy, i reckon no one should be jumping to conclusions yet.

whitequeen
06-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Aifa, even with being bad at english, it's pretty clear here. You can't have these kinds of inconsistencies in logic.

In Very Simple Terms:

Akichan says that he *saw* |2emix draw these pictures.

|2emix said that Spinny drew these pictures.

So which is it?

Even with your story, that's still stupid. Why would |2emix claim credit for art he didn't draw, even by his own admission? That's still theft. He said in his own post:

just stuff i drew i hope you like it alot?

He didn't say "I came up with the idea for these". He said he drew them. Now he's saying he didn't draw them, but came up with the idea for them. It doesn't hold water.

It's one thing to be bad at english, but it's a whole different beast for two different people to say contradictory things. Finally, it *still* makes no sense that someone would post pics that are even listed with the copyright and website url from the webcomic and yet say that this was drawn by him, especially when all of the non-Spinny art on the everwander site (http://everwander.ixlair.com/fanart.php) are *all* credited to the submitters. However, if you really wish it to be so, I will have Spinny post on this thread tonight after he gets off work.

--WQ

Shuurai
06-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Okay, in all seriousness...

Aifa, you have known l2emix for ... a week. Several of us from the Everwander community has known Spinny for 3 years. And for those 3 years, he has been updating his comics, sometimes with a regular schedule, sometimes he goes on hiatus because he is a lazy FIEND. F-I-E-N-D (that is what the comic that l2emix attached was about...not about F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Why the hell is the filename friends.bmp?) But he has indeed been updating slowly but surely since November of 2002.

How do you explain someone being able to steal art that has been burnt? Spinny has, count them, 136 comics. How is it possible to be able to remember all these ideas to STEAL them, when they no longer exist on paper anymore? Sure, if Spinny only had those 2 drawings up, yes, it is possible Spinny stole them. Because 2 ideas are easy to remember to recreate. But 136 comics is impossible to remember. Also, I do not know this I2emix person, so please explain why he would put ME in one of the comics: http://everwander.ixlair.com/comic/viewcomic.php?Num=137 based on an actual IRC chat I had with Spinny. That's pretty amazing, l2emix, for you to know such personal conversations I had with this guy.

Also, many of the Everwander comic characters were based on several friends of Spinny's, can you tell me which ones, l2emix?

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Aifa, even with being bad at english, it's pretty clear here. You can't have these kinds of inconsistencies in logic.

In Very Simple Terms:

Akichan says that he *saw* |2emix draw these pictures.

|2emix said that Spinny drew these pictures.

So which is it?

Even with your story, that's still stupid. Why would |2emix claim credit for art he didn't draw, even by his own admission? That's still theft. He said in his own post:

just stuff i drew i hope you like it alot?

He didn't say "I came up with the idea for these". He said he drew them. Now he's saying he didn't draw them, but came up with the idea for them. It doesn't hold water.

It's one thing to be bad at english, but it's a whole different beast for two different people to say contradictory things. Finally, it *still* makes no sense that someone would post pics that are even listed with the copyright and website url from the webcomic and yet say that this was drawn by him, especially when all of the non-Spinny art on the everwander site (http://everwander.ixlair.com/fanart.php) are *all* credited to the submitters. However, if you really wish it to be so, I will have Spinny post on this thread tonight after he gets off work.

--WQ

Hopefully that happens, i would like to hear his opinion on this. But look, we can go back and forth all day like this but nothing clear will happen until those 2 agree on some kind of truth of events, and if they dont agree where one is lying ...then this is what we will have to resort to. We should just continue this after we get Spinny's input.

To give some sort of response though, if Remix was really trying to steal then he would have edited out Spinny's copyright crediting, as im sure you or someone said before, its surprising how he didnt do that. Thief work is usually more thorough than that.

Remix could be saying that he drew them to cut a long story short as people might ask from confusion, "you had the idea huh? so who drew it?", since he never really replies to comments in his thread. But as you can see, its just speculating once again.

You have a lot to be uncertain of back in the examples you were quoting, and i obviously cant answer them. Im just sticking up for pals, since your labelling of him as an art thief is really making him look bad in the forum. But of course, i also want to know the truth, so if you can produce more evidence such as Spinny's side then of course i can agree to such claims when they are properly supported.

ranran yousei
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Well, well, what a bizarre thing to come home to...

I've known Spinny for many years now.. I've been one of many people to witness his artistic developement evolve over the years (as well as his everlaziness), and as such, I've seen many of his unfinished artworks, prior to completion... "in the works" as they were. (Meaning: I know that they're his, I watched via web "how's this?" moments, artworks and comics evolve from start to finish.)

I have no doubts in my mind Spinny is the original artist of the artworks attributed to him.

Go through the archives (http://everwander.ixlair.com/archive.php) at EverWanderer. Take a look. See for yourself, this is HIS art. It is not one or two pieces posted up at some random web board, claiming to be his own.

This is his sweat, his creativity, his humour, his friends, his random inside jokes, his life... all splayed out for the world to see.

And apparently steal.

Art theft is not unheard of. Backing up someone with "nuh uh, I saw it!" doesn't help anyone. Yes, I have just done the same. But I am one more voice among many that have known Spinny on a daily basis for years, and know these images to be his own.

I can tell you who those four plushy people are, and "what" that "hamster thing" is. I can, because they're in his comic, but also because three of the four are based on actual people, the fourth one is fictional.

From left to right: We have Pete (he's real, and a friend of Spinny's and mine), Bob (fictional, but based on a Ragnarok character Spinny once had), Kuumei (Spinny. Period. Yes, that's Spinny's main RO character), Fillia (another RO friend of ours)... and down at the bottom, the "hamster thing" is a poring. A pink gelatinous creature from Ragnarok Online.

The "Like a Fiend" comic that was posted as a linked .bmp file: That is Spinny. He drew himself. I can tell you why it's all about fiendishness and such. Can |2emix? I'm not being snide here, I'm genuinely curious. No no, I realize it's semi transparent, but it's got a further meaning than what the rest of the world can glean from it. It's an inside joke invented by Spinny and his circle of friends. None of whom are called |2emix, at least that's not a name that any of us recognize. |2emix would have to hang out with us to have "come up with the idea" at the very least.

So, whereas I can say "I know it's Spinny's, I've seen him draw these", and another person can say "I know it's |2emix's, I saw him draw it" etc, it all boils down to squat. What does count is: Spinny has the evidence on his side.. and the people (who are the basis of these characters) to back him up.

Heck.. I'm even in the comic a couple of times. Is |2emix going to say he invented me too? My husband would love that.

Spinny has our permission to use our characters. |2emix does not. Pete and Fillia are real people. Spinny has their permission. |2emix does not.

Think about this seriously |2emix. You not only stole art and intellectual property, you also stole identities, in a manner of speaking. You did not just steal from one person, you stole from several.

Believe me, if it had been one of the images Spinny drew of my character, this post would not have been nearly so nice.

whitequeen
06-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Sherlock Queenie is still on the job.

Just like to point out:

Look at the first image on |2emix's post here:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=23595&page=1&pp=25

Now look at this image here:

http://ww6.tiki.ne.jp/~nekomimi/GAZOU/MONOKURO/raruda06.jpg

which is from the gallery of this japanese artist here:

http://ww6.tiki.ne.jp/~nekomimi/rakugaki.htm

The image in question is the third one down from the leftmost column. It's the exact same, even down to the image dimensions (316x697) and byte size (85470 bytes).

The evidence just keeps piling up. This one isn't Spinny's, it's from a japanese artist instead.

Or did *that* person steal from |2emix too?

--WQ

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Okay, in all seriousness...

Aifa, you have known l2emix for ... a week. Several of us from the Everwander community has known Spinny for 3 years. And for those 3 years, he has been updating his comics, sometimes with a regular schedule, sometimes he goes on hiatus because he is a lazy FIEND. F-I-E-N-D (that is what the comic that l2emix attached was about...not about F-R-I-E-N-D-S. Why the hell is the filename friends.bmp?) But he has indeed been updating slowly but surely since November of 2002.

How do you explain someone being able to steal art that has been burnt? Spinny has, count them, 136 comics. How is it possible to be able to remember all these ideas to STEAL them, when they no longer exist on paper anymore? Sure, if Spinny only had those 2 drawings up, yes, it is possible Spinny stole them. Because 2 ideas are easy to remember to recreate. But 136 comics is impossible to remember. Also, I do not know this I2emix person, so please explain why he would put ME in one of the comics: http://everwander.ixlair.com/comic/viewcomic.php?Num=137 based on an actual IRC chat I had with Spinny. That's pretty amazing, l2emix, for you to know such personal conversations I had with this guy.

Also, many of the Everwander comic characters were based on several friends of Spinny's, can you tell me which ones, l2emix? I actually didnt follow half of that since im not 100% aware on what kind of work goes on over there while you are. But, its fine to ask these questions about Remix's claims, though dont bother directing them at me since all i will do is give you more speculations based on the little facts at hand.

Im aware i dont know him too well in comparison to you all and Spinny, im just here to ask you all to take it easy in here until its known for sure what happened (if possible).

Anyways, this is really wasting my time. Can we stop the talk for now?

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Well, well, what a bizarre thing to come home to...

I've known Spinny for many years now.. I've been one of many people to witness his artistic developement evolve over the years (as well as his everlaziness), and as such, I've seen many of his unfinished artworks, prior to completion... "in the works" as they were. (Meaning: I know that they're his, I watched via web "how's this?" moments, artworks and comics evolve from start to finish.)

I have no doubts in my mind Spinny is the original artist of the artworks attributed to him.

Go through the archives (http://everwander.ixlair.com/archive.php) at EverWanderer. Take a look. See for yourself, this is HIS art. It is not one or two pieces posted up at some random web board, claiming to be his own.

This is his sweat, his creativity, his humour, his friends, his random inside jokes, his life... all splayed out for the world to see.

And apparently steal.

Art theft is not unheard of. Backing up someone with "nuh uh, I saw it!" doesn't help anyone. Yes, I have just done the same. But I am one more voice among many that have known Spinny on a daily basis for years, and know these images to be his own.

I can tell you who those four plushy people are, and "what" that "hamster thing" is. I can, because they're in his comic, but also because three of the four are based on actual people, the fourth one is fictional.

From left to right: We have Pete (he's real, and a friend of Spinny's and mine), Bob (fictional, but based on a Ragnarok character Spinny once had), Kuumei (Spinny. Period. Yes, that's Spinny's main RO character), Fillia (another RO friend of ours)... and down at the bottom, the "hamster thing" is a poring. A pink gelatinous creature from Ragnarok Online.

The "Like a Fiend" comic that was posted as a linked .bmp file: That is Spinny. He drew himself. I can tell you why it's all about fiendishness and such. Can |2emix? I'm not being snide here, I'm genuinely curious. No no, I realize it's semi transparent, but it's got a further meaning than what the rest of the world can glean from it. It's an inside joke invented by Spinny and his circle of friends. None of whom are called |2emix, at least that's not a name that any of us recognize. |2emix would have to hang out with us to have "come up with the idea" at the very least.

So, whereas I can say "I know it's Spinny's, I've seen him draw these", and another person can say "I know it's |2emix's, I saw him draw it" etc, it all boils down to squat. What does count is: Spinny has the evidence on his side.. and the people (who are the basis of these characters) to back him up.

Heck.. I'm even in the comic a couple of times. Is |2emix going to say he invented me too? My husband would love that.

Spinny has our permission to use our characters. |2emix does not. Pete and Fillia are real people. Spinny has their permission. |2emix does not.

Think about this seriously |2emix. You not only stole art and intellectual property, you also stole identities, in a manner of speaking. You did not just steal from one person, you stole from several.

Believe me, if it had been one of the images Spinny drew of my character, this post would not have been nearly so nice.Well youve given me some idea on the type of weight Spinny's work holds which makes it hard to steal. But i would still like to hear from Spinny himself.... but unfortunately any random could pretend to be Spinny at this point, as seeing more people from Spinny's associated forum are coming here. But hey, all i want is Spinny's thoughts, just incase something happened between him and Remix that no one knows about. Then i can sum it up for myself, and then we can have a complete wealth of knowledge in this thread so everyone can decide also. Right now, the talk we had earlier wasnt convincing enough for AF members like me.

And Whitequeen, you did bring up some a shocking revelation there, but i prefer to see this Spinny claim of thievery to the end by hearing from him, i know you guys are representing for him in some way and that does hold weight. But not enough i guess. =\

...but dont mind me and my thoughts. I dont wanna get too stuck into this.

EDIT: And im logging off. You all have fun now.

ranran yousei
06-07-2005, 01:44 AM
Well youve given me some idea on the type of weight Spinny's work holds which makes it hard to steal. But i would still like to hear from Spinny himself.... but unfortunately any random could pretend to be Spinny at this point, as seeing more people from Spinny's associated forum are coming here. But hey, all i want is Spinny's thoughts, just incase something happened between him and Remix that no one knows about. Then i can sum it up for myself, and then we can have a complete wealth of knowledge in this thread so everyone can decide also. Right now, the talk we had earlier wasnt convincing enough for AF members like me.

And Whitequeen, you did bring up some a shocking revelation there, but i prefer to see this Spinny claim of thievery to the end by hearing from him, i know you guys are representing for him in some way and that does hold weight. But not enough i guess. =\

...but dont mind me and my thoughts. I dont wanna get too stuck into this.

EDIT: And im logging off. You all have fun now.Well, it is true that anyone could drum up an account under Spinny's name, so the only solutions I see are:

1.) Spinny makes a post at his forum (something only he can do), and then links to it here via either us, or an account of his own.

2.) Spinny makes a comic about this and his side.

Option #2 isn't entirely unlikely, just less likely than #1, knowing Spinny's everlazy personality.

3.) He makes a comic, then links it in a post at his forum with his account, then it gets linked here. (Now, I'm just being silly, but, it really would be hard to argue who it is then.)

Queenie's detective work really does show that Spinny isn't the only one that has been stolen from. But yes, it would be nice to hear Spinny's side. I have my own selfindulgent reasons for it, but for all of you, yes, it would be good to have him speak his peace.

MuZ0NaZ
06-07-2005, 02:32 AM
My my.... now, did the jap. artist steal your work *they saw you draw*? Or he just borrowed your idea?

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
You didnt make a great deal of sense there Muz =\

Well, it is true that anyone could drum up an account under Spinny's name, so the only solutions I see are:

1.) Spinny makes a post at his forum (something only he can do), and then links to it here via either us, or an account of his own.

2.) Spinny makes a comic about this and his side.

Option #2 isn't entirely unlikely, just less likely than #1, knowing Spinny's everlazy personality.

3.) He makes a comic, then links it in a post at his forum with his account, then it gets linked here. (Now, I'm just being silly, but, it really would be hard to argue who it is then.)

Queenie's detective work really does show that Spinny isn't the only one that has been stolen from. But yes, it would be nice to hear Spinny's side. I have my own selfindulgent reasons for it, but for all of you, yes, it would be good to have him speak his peace.

Tell Spinny to do a number 1. =P

EDIT: Please.

MuZ0NaZ
06-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I was being sarcastic :\ (translation-how come the 1st pic is on a japanese artist gallery? did akichan see l2emix draw that pic, too?)

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 03:07 AM
Ah ok... *still doesnt get it*

But hey, there's a lot of info in here, so i'd be surprised if you read it all =P

MuZ0NaZ
06-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Sherlock Queenie is still on the job.

Just like to point out:

Look at the first image on |2emix's post here:

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=23595&page=1&pp=25

Now look at this image here:

http://ww6.tiki.ne.jp/~nekomimi/GAZOU/MONOKURO/raruda06.jpg

which is from the gallery of this japanese artist here:

http://ww6.tiki.ne.jp/~nekomimi/rakugaki.htm

The image in question is the third one down from the leftmost column. It's the exact same, even down to the image dimensions (316x697) and byte size (85470 bytes).

The evidence just keeps piling up. This one isn't Spinny's, it's from a japanese artist instead.

Or did *that* person steal from |2emix too?

I think I read it all. Do I get a medal for having no life? :/

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Hmm, i think you do. Look out for it in your mailbox :P

So what exactly is your opinion on this?

spinny
06-07-2005, 04:26 AM
um..... hi...

my thoughts on this... (http://everwander.ixlair.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8202#8202)

hmm. thoughts: read. people wanting to kill spinny now for many many new windows: many.

last words?: |2emix sorry but i've never heard of you before today, i don't know what library you're talking about... sorry about the burning sketchbooks, i have a friend who burns his on purpose everytime he fills one up... (no idea why...) and before you try it, no he doesn't have a secret identity of a 17-18 yr old with a fanclub.
basically what i'm saying is...it wasn't a good idea, it's the internet, while it's easy to find obscure artists, its even easier for others to match it up to the original owner... welcome to the information age.

and at the risk of sounding really really bad....

i bow before your stupidity http://animeforum.com/images/smilies/in_awe.gif

~spinning...spinning!! wai wai!~
PS: if you know me from somewhere i don't (my memory is sorta bad afterall)... can you remind me how i got this moniker?

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Umm, ok. I didnt get much out of that =\

And Spinny, youre linking people around in circles @_@ *head still spinning*

spinny
06-07-2005, 04:53 AM
And Spinny, youre linking people around in circles @_@ *head still spinning*
sweet. (oo )° (o o) °( oo) °( o) (° ) ( ° ) ( °) (o )° (@@;)°!

/Aifa|
06-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Oh ok. You edited the post, cool. Im gonna ask Remix the next time i see him about all the info in here, hopefully i can come to a conclusion for myself.

MistaCloudStrife
06-07-2005, 05:09 AM
My my my... seems to me that some of you *cough*whitequeen&Eggy*cough* have just joined this forum to cause trouble... If you want to settle things, there are better ways to do it. Not only are you poking your nose in other peoples business... (This is about 12emix and spinny, I'm sure spinny didnt tell you to do this =P ) But you just come here and basically attack 12emix. Now do you see anything good about this? Nahhh... I dont think so. Next time you do somthing like this, please think it over and over in your head until you think of a better way to do it... Arigatou...

-Mista

LadyPSerenity
06-07-2005, 08:23 AM
THIS STOPS HERE.

I've seen enough of the trashing people back and forth. I think All of us had. Acey and I had a good discussion of it yesterday night in chat. NO MORE EVIDENCE TO PROVE OTHERWISE THAN THEFT HAS BEEN PROVIDED. Without it, I'm sorry but the art work is NOT similar, it is NOT consistant by any means necessary.

I draw, my art work has one consistantcy about it... I suck and thus my body formations are always off. The guy is either too tall or his face is all weird... or both.

This is something called a trait of mine.

REALLY good artists can Mimic a drawing And this is not theft if you're not tracing and siting the proper source, as well as crediting them for the fact the original art is theirs.

More evidence to prove theft has come forward and not the opposite kind.

Any further discussion into this is to be brought into Private messages.

We appreciate the "nice" thing you're trying to do by coming on over from Everwander, but if your purpose here is nothing but to trash members, and fight... please just leave. I'd rather encourage you to join in the discussions on the forums and have Friendly conversations with everyone, this whole coming here to tell us Art theft is bad and not allowing us the Administrators of this site to handle it is quite rude.

Not all of our issues need to be so public. It's not everyone's business and rest assured we do take theft of intellectual property serious and we do look into the situation and handle it in accordance with each individual incident.

Enough of the bashing back and forth, if you have an issue take it up with me in PMs, I'll be more than happy to reply or even more so LadyPSerenity is my AIM when I'm at home and LadyPSerenityIV is my AIM when I'm at work, I'm on one or the other and you need only contact me and I'll be more than happy to take in your comments.

Another thread like this? Will result in a warn for WHOEVER starts it. This is enough of this discussion in the public.
Thank you.