PDA

View Full Version : GA and Aria

Sachiko-Chan
06-03-2005, 03:54 PM
What do you all think of Galaxy Angel and Aria? Not too many people that I know have heard of Aria...if you haven't then here's the summary on the back of the manga:

On the planet Aqua, a world once known as Mars, Akari Mizunashi has just madeher home in the town of Neo-Venezia, a futuristic imitation of the ancient city of Venice. The technology of "Man Home" (formerly Earth) has not entirely reached this planet, and Akari is alone, having no contact with family or friends. Nonetheless, the town, with its charming labyrinths of rivers and canals, becomes Akari's new infatuation, along with the dream of becoming a full-fledged gondolier. Reverting to a more "primitive" lifestyle and pursuing a new trade, Akari becomes both adventurous and independent all at once.

There isn't any "real" violence in this series. At least not any that I've seen so far in reading (almost) all of the first book. (I'm only on Chp. 3)
But if you don't like a lot of violence, then you'll probably like this book.

As for GA, there isn't any real plot...well there is but its not exactly that "clear". It's extremely funny...there's a "little" romance...and it's just pretty good. (To me anywany.)

So...What are your opinions on GA and Aria??:)