PDA

View Full Version : needles

White Haru
06-01-2005, 11:13 PM
I hate getting shots. In fact I'm afraid to get them when I was a little kid and still am now. I'm 19 and still hate them but really hate when they have to draw blood into more than one tube. I'm not afraid of anything but needles make me nervous. Any one else dislike shots or afraid of a needle piercing your flesh in order to make you feel better?

Karel
06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
That's sad.. well from now on you shall have nightmares of a very scary pirate holding a huge Vaccine with a Long arse Needle.. directly aiming it towards you as you struggle to wake up.

Ahemm sorry, I hate needles too.. but life's never easy, and this things are nothing compared to worst people have been through.. so always think of worst things when you get shots.. it eases up the pain.

kaisen
06-01-2005, 11:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with being afraid of getting shots. Lots of people are afraid of it. I don't dislike getting shots. I'm not afraid of getting shots. I won't feel nervous when getting shots but I hope I don't get em coz if I do, it means I'm sick T.T ... xD
I think getting shots are better than going to the dentist!!! A lot better! AHHHH!!! go away dentist! :p

Ami~chan
06-01-2005, 11:22 PM
As long as they're butterfly needles, I don't mind. Otherwise, I'm rather hesitant, but if it has to be done, it has to be done...

Daenerys
06-02-2005, 02:45 AM
What's a butterfly needle?

I hate getting shots, or having blood drawn. Oh god they hurt.

But... getting a tattoo doesn't hurt, and getting a needle poked through my lip didn't hurt at all.

Lady V
06-02-2005, 05:47 AM
What's a butterfly needle?

I hate getting shots, or having blood drawn. Oh god they hurt.

But... getting a tattoo doesn't hurt, and getting a needle poked through my lip didn't hurt at all.
Butterfly needles are extremely thin needles. When the nurses or whoever puts it in your skin, you're not supposed to feel a thing or you feel a little pinch. I like those above all other needles.

But I still dislike needles. I feel nervous and I act like a 7 year old when I get it. You know..like.. "Wait..will it hurt??" .. "*about to get shot and moves way* Waaaiiiittt.....I'm not ready yet..." .. "I'm scared" hahah. If it's big, I tear up before I even get it. I suppose you develop your own technique to ease your mind as the years pass by...I just think about treating myself for ice cream, because when I was young, I had to take those MMR or PPD shots or what-not. And the clinic that I went to, they would give me free ice cream coupon from Dairy Queen. That was the only thing I looked forward to. I guess it stuck to me ever since.

BrittyBott
06-02-2005, 01:25 PM
When I was younger, I used to love to get shots. The needles were cool. They're way better than cough medicine... Now, I don't really like them anymore, and the needles scare me (sometimes)...and i still won't take cough medicine.

Havana
06-02-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm not afraid of them, but just like going to the dentist it makes me nervous. But as long as it's a small one like the flu shot than that's fine. Which actually doesn't hurt that much.^^

g0d_of_death
06-02-2005, 02:11 PM
I used to hate them. They always scared me. Those long pointy fiends. It wasn't ever the pain that bothered me, 'cause it never really hurt, it was just the sight of the needle. I tried not looking, and that seemed to help. Now I really don't care, I actually like watching my blood fill up numerous vials, it's so cool XD.

Sasura
06-02-2005, 02:35 PM
stupid needles *aaaaaa* needles are attaking me oh no that just my bikes tire lol

Hungry man
06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I always hate needles because when I was like 3 or 4 years old, the doctors need to hold me down in order to give it to me. They need like 4 doctors to hold me down because if they didn't have that many, I would start hit the doctors with my fist, legs, or how ever I could, and one time I knockout one of the doctor but I don't remember how, he just fell to the floor. Now I tell them to get it over with as fast as they can.

Tsuna Kadiri
06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Hm.. I really don't mind needles. Heh, blood tests don't bother me one bit. I remember being in the hospital a few years ago, and I got 3 IV's, and tons of blood tests. Even though I was only there for 1 day, I think I built up a tolerance to needles that night (I was there cause I had a really bad case of the stomach flu .. good thing I didn't have to have surgery or anything, but there were too many tests.. ><)

Shots are ok.. not the best thing in the world, but if you have to get it, you have to get it. It just hurts the day after when your arm is bruised from the needle.

Wolfwood
06-03-2005, 01:21 AM
needles are fun. i kinda like the feeling O_o
what i want to do is get another blood test so i can see lots of blood that looks sooo tasty... uh-oh. vampire thoughts taking over again

The Rebel
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
I have always hated needles. I could barely stand donating plasma. Come the fourth time I donated, I passed out. They wouldn't let me donate after that. I still get very sqeemish around needles.

Faroelove
06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
They don't bother me. As long as they don't touch me. But if I get a shot, it doesn't hurt me. They just look so scary.

TheLegendaryRoseDuelist
06-05-2005, 05:02 AM
I am majorly afraid of shots. Always have been.

[BlackDeath]
06-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not scared of needles or shots, what i don't like is them drawing blood from be... i swear the needle was bigger than usual and i was brought down to my knees, i could feel myself growing week as the blood was being drawn, but am not affraid of them.

Scion
06-05-2005, 11:52 AM
When i was a little tyke I used to HATE needles with a passion. The nurses would have to hold me down to give me a shot. If they didn't I would over power them.

But i still hate them with a passion. Now I just don't have a wrestling match with the nurses anymore.

Mayonnaise
06-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Needles don't hurt that bad. But here's a humerous story.

There was this guy in the army that had to get a shot. But when the doctor gave the shot to the person infront of him, the doctor didn't clean the needle off. So when the soldier came up to get his shot, he fell flat on his face... LITTERALLY. He passed out after that.

I thought this story was pretty funny. ^__^

Sankah
06-05-2005, 02:57 PM
E~ww yea i know what u mean, i really hate em since i was a child as well. I just cant stand them. If i have to, i only stand, as much, butterfly needles. I dont mind vacines, but bloo~d? i really hate it! I know what u mean, really, theyre just.. nasty.. ee~w *goosebumps* :(

/Aifa|
06-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I dont think shots are so bad. Ive had some pretty crazy needles stuck into my arm but its all good if you dont think about it, since it hurts more when your mind thinks that it will.

Keitaru-san
09-03-2005, 11:46 PM
i love that kinda of pain so whenever there was shots at my school i was first in line.

Slayerfan
09-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Getting shots is kinda fun, i just stand there and watch it go into my arm and love it.

DragonNight
09-04-2005, 12:16 AM
I hate needles...
When i was little my stepdad had to hold me down so that the doctor could give me my shot; yea pretty pathetic but i was really scared.
Now...im not that bad but i still dislike them...

Sinnaku
09-04-2005, 12:21 AM
I remember getting Novacane shot right into my upper lip. God I love pain like that.

It's like a needle in my spine. It stings inside. Poisons me with time. I won't deal with your lies!

Đita
09-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I hate shots so much..i once tried to run out the hospital because i was scared. XD And im still scared of them today. So usually when i have to get blood drawn or something i listen to some music >CD PLayer< XD to take my mind off of it.

Chibi Misao
09-04-2005, 05:36 AM
I've always hated getting my shots...But it does'nt hurt as much as u think it will....So its ok i guess...^_^;

Kurumirina
09-04-2005, 09:47 AM
to tell the truth I hate needlez too...I afaird of it...I noe it won`t be that pain but I can`t help it!!!!!!!!I afaird of needles until now........

Loljoke
09-04-2005, 11:18 AM
i hate needles, they creep me out, lol
but i take my vaccines with good will, :banana:

Amix
09-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I used to be afraid of shots when I was younger, and I cried at them, but now I''m not afraid of them anymore, the last time I got a shot was last year, for the tetnis shot..I didn't even feel the needle go into my flesh. Anyways..Just..Close your eyes and turn your head away I guess.. =/

Marie2007
09-04-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah needles arent scary they are totally awesome

bakakame
09-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I have no fear what-so-ever of needles. Shots are nothing but a mosquito bite, except they prevent disease instead of spread it.

I've even donated blood about 6 times so far. Needles are nothing I watch them as they go in. Seriously gimmi the needle I'll put it in myself. I saw someone at the MEPS office though (we had blood drawn there) who was squeiling in terror when the tried to draw blood from him. I'm just standing there, "and you want to be in the army?....."

From what I can tell though there are a lot of people scared of needles. Kinda ironic how many people in my school were afraid of shots and whatnot when you consider how many of them were probably drugies....

kksdueler
09-05-2005, 01:47 AM
i am 16 and the last time i had my blood drawn or had a shot it took three ppl to hold my still

i am scared to death of needle !!!!

Darth Tyranus
09-05-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't hate them nor do i enjoy them. But i would go out of my way not to get one.