PDA

View Full Version : [TV series] Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu

Die Tod von Euch
06-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Also known As: Haré+Guu (US release name)
Type: TV series

Release: Set to be released by AN Entertainment (http://www.an-entertainment.com) sometime this year.

Genre: comedy (some supernatural elements, too)

Plot synopsis: Hale (hah-lay) lives with his mom in the jungle. He's content in his strange world of modern-meets-tribal living. He plays video games and his mother goes with the village on hunts. But then one day, there's a town meeting his mother must attend, and when she returns she brings someone new. Enter: Guu, a seemingly adorable little pink-haired girl that Hale instantly makes friends with. Well...only at the start. Guu turns out to be a blank-faced little girl-like thing that seems rather ignorant to human life and enjoys swallowing things. By swallowing things I mean anything from a banana to a person to an ocean. It's ok, though...she has an alternate world inside her body to house it all. Poor Hale seems to grow progressively more stressed living with her, though. Probably doesn't help that he acts more adult than his drunkard mom...

Story (9/10) Rather original in many ways. Also one of those things that starts off kind of spastic but proves to have -some- plot hidden in there.

Characters (8/10): Also some very original characters here. Some aren't so original (Weda, Hale's mom, seems like a very tan Misato from Eva). Some of the non-orignal ones are supposed to be that way for humor's sake, though.

Art/animation (9/10): Well done. Very clean, very smooth, nice colors. I don't see them re-using animation much if at all in this (except for the opening and ending credits, and flash backs, of course).

Voice acting, music (9/10): I love Guu's voice. The casting in this is EXTREMELY well done, I think. I'm impressed.

Conclusion (9/10): There are just a few things that hold this back from getting a perfect 10. Then again, it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Still, it's funny, weird, and addictive.