wizz-o-matic
05-31-2005, 04:06 AM
Title: Tenjou Tenge
Jap. Kanji: 天上天下
Synonyms: Heaven and Earth, Tenjo Tenge
Genre: Ecchi, Martial Arts, School, Super Power
Type: TV [24 episodes]
Year: 2004
Companies: MADHOUSE (avex mode / MADHOUSE)

Plot:
Based on the manga by Oh! Great, it entails the struggle between Nagi Souichiro and the Jyukenbo fighting club versus the insidious Enforcement Group. It is a high-quality school-ruffian/martial arts drama with some adult themes interspersed.

Story (6/10):
The worst flaw of this series … the story is rather boring … it starts with recent scenes, continues in the past, returns to the present, again in the past and it ends really quickly.
At lest it’s damn funny at some times xD …

Animation (8/10):
Not bad, it’s quite good, especially the chars are well drawn … this animation is for both sex. Girls will enjoy in well shaped guy’s bodies, Guys will like the nice and perfect girl’s bodies xD xD
Also the fighting scenes are quite good ^_^

Characters (6/10): There are a lot of main chars in this animation, though, just some of them are worth mentioning.
The most 2 that evolves in the series are Souichiro Nagi and Bob Makihara (the 2 freshmen) both physically and mentally.
There are also Aya and Maya Natsume, 2 sisters both practicing martial arts, Aya is deeply in love with Souichiro (love at 1st sight, damn funny scene, I couldn’t stop laughing); Maya (the oldest sister), has quite an interesting past (that we learn during the animation), she’s quite funny (especially with her chibi form xD).

Music (8/10):
Bomb a Head!! … Never thought that jRap would be so great xD, it's even better than the English one (now, I know that some fanatic rappers would kill me for this xD *hides*). Other than the opening theme, the other music was quite good. It’s not a wow, but good. It fits quite well in some situations.
About the char voices … Aya, her voice is strange, the 1st time that I heard her I thought it was “stupid” … although, after some time you get used to it xD

Overall (7/10):
Mah, the animation is quite nice, also the music, though, the story is rather too boring … although, it’s a good animation for time passing and kinda funny at some times xD

Gjallarhorn
07-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Story(7/10): it has two stories really....the first is of the main group of characters in the "present" point in time, and the other is a series of flashbacks taking up most of the episodes....both are good, but neither are really expanded on very well. the secondary story(flashback) is more interesting than the "present" story....

Animation (9/10): awsome animation, great style. The movements flow well, not a lot of still-frames.....also the girls look really awesome:p

Characters (8/10): all very nice characters, but simply too many...Nagi doesn't show much development other than his fighting ability, but mostly every character changes in some way or another. the relationships are very funny such as Souichiro and Aya which presents many funny scenes...although i found Maya to be one of my favorites....hot swordswoman to chibi in seconds.....a two for one.....

Music (8/10): the opening theme was great....i don't like American rap, but have found myself listening to some jRap groups, and i'm trying to find out who did this opening....the ending was average...i didn't really like it, kind of repetative.....

Overall (8/10): good show, entertaining, but the 2 storylines should both be expanded upon seperatly.....

BuLmA
08-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Story 8/10: Very interesting!!!! the story is romantic & action...I love the fighting scenes.One of my favorite!:)

Characters 8/10: I only like Maya Natsume & Shin Natsume here but all of them are cool!!!!

Animation 9/10: Oh wow!!! one of the best.Especially the figure of the girls including the hairstyles.

Music 7/10: The opening song is kinnda hiphop I don't really like it but the ending theme is great.

Overall:9/10

GoddessDemonica
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
story: [8/10] this is a very good story line. i really like it and it's interesting to follow.
animation:[9/10] i have always liked the japanese school manga and anime. i think the outfits are cool.
characters:[8/10] i would have to say that aya and souichiro are my fav. i like maya a little.
music:[10/10] i love the opening theme! it is so good i got it on my ipod.
Overall, i would give it a [9/10] easy.

Shinblue
01-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Tenjou Tenge/Tenjho Tenge

Story [7/10]:
The story is definitely not the strong side of Tenjou Tenge.
Two of the main characters start up at a new school, Toudou Academy. They plan to rule the school by beating up everyone. But everything does not go as planned.
They eventually join the Juken club and gain some new friends and foes, and become stronger.
The story sometimes shifts between the present and the past (older events).
And it all ends quite suddenly (The anime only covered the first half of the manga :frown:)

Characters [7/10]:
None of the characters stand out in anime history. But some of them as pretty cool and badass. While some are just a little bit too... Plain.

Animation [9/10]:
Bright colours and visible details. The animation done in the fight scenes is very close to reality, and they are very intense. Tenjou Tenge's action is some of the best I've seen. The action is definitely the strong side of this anime.

Music [8/10]:
Even though I don't care much for anime music, at all, I liked Tenjou Tenge's music. And for that, I say "Well done".

Overall [8/10]:
If you're looking for a decent Action/Ecchi anime, with some badass characters, then you might like Tenjou Tenge. If you're looking for a Action anime with a can't-wait-for-next-episode story, then Tenjou Tenge might disappoint you.