PDA

View Full Version : anime furi kuri

Notthesameanymore
05-27-2005, 05:33 PM
does anyone understand it? cause i really don't ...i want to but i can't its too complicated...i mean hell there's only like what 6 episodes...why can't i get it?!!!
please tell me what its about its all so random.

Secretman007
05-27-2005, 10:23 PM
I understand, whatta ya need to know?

Azreal Hellfire
05-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Well first off, don't feel bad about "not getting it" Furi Kuri really has no point and those that say it does are on drugs, It is an anime mindfuck literally, you think there is a point and there ends up not being one so yeah dun feel to glum about it.

Ami~chan
05-27-2005, 11:09 PM
No using naughty words please!

Well, first of all, you are not alone!! FLCL is either very deep or very shallow. It can be watched on a silly level and a symbolistic level, so... The fact that it's only six episodes is good 'cause it's cheap to buy all three DVD's.

But don't worry. It's meant to be difficult to understand.

Chibi Misao
05-28-2005, 05:21 AM
I have'nt watched FLCL yet.....There's only six episodes???I heard that its a crazy story about a boy and some crazy events that happen after he meets a weird alien girl.Is this correct?

Secretman007
05-28-2005, 12:18 PM
I liked it, I thought it was funny. A little confusing but I still liked it.

raziel
05-28-2005, 12:38 PM
flcl is cool but it's just hard to get

Blood Angel
05-28-2005, 12:42 PM
it was a little confusing but i liked it after i watched the episoded like 2 or 3 times i got it

Notthesameanymore
05-28-2005, 02:08 PM
sooo...what's it about?

babykitsune0406
05-28-2005, 04:30 PM
:D flcl is awesome! i didn't watch all the episodes, but i did read the manga. it made sense and then it didn't. it has a purpose but at the same time it doesn't. i don't think that people would be on drugs to understand it. i don't really remember what it was about. i never watched all the episodes, but i think it's about haruka and that boy hooking up. i don't remember. it's been long since i've read or seen it.

Notthesameanymore
05-29-2005, 12:28 PM
What's It About?!!!!

Junior
05-30-2005, 07:10 AM
Here's some info from Animenewsnetwork.com:

Naota is a normal Japanese 6th grade boy (although a little cynical), but when his older brother leaves for America to play baseball, his brother leaves his homeless 17 year old girlfriend Mamimi behind. Mamimi is sending mixed signals and advances to Naota, and he doesn't know what to do about her. But to make matters worse, Naota's world is totally turned upside down when he is run over by a woman on a Vespa. During their first encounter, she hits him over the head with her guitar, which then causes a horn to grow out of his forehead. She calls herself "Haruko" and her presence changes Naota's life to even further insanity.

Later in the pilot episode the woman on the Vespa (Haruko) become Naoto's housekeeper, and starts living at his house, and a robot(Canti)comes out of the horn on the main characters head.

And here is a definition of the characters from adultswim.com:

Naoto: A boy plauged by the affections of his brother;s girlfriend and by robots popping out of his head. A reluctant adolescent, he's disturbed to find a beautiful alien living with him. Maybe it's all the whacks to the head.

Haruko: Armed with a blue Rickenbacker bass, Haruko is a strange girl that's recking havoc on Naoto's life. She also makes stuff come out of his head. Do you think she has other, more sinister motives for doing that?

Canti: A Medical Mechanca robot that sprung out of Naoto's head. It cooks, it cleans, it can play baseball like a pro. Oh, and it sometimes eats Naoto to become more powerful. You know, the normal stuff.

Mamimi: A girl with a penchant for calling everything around her "Ta-kun", she claims to be Naoto's brother's girlfriend. Which doesn't stop her from makig out with Naoto. She also worships Canti as the angel of fire.

Hope I helped:laugh: .

raziel
05-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I think flcl will be back on cartoon network next weekend

Notthesameanymore
05-30-2005, 04:47 PM
it is bck on and i'm gonna watch it ...agin for the fourth f***ing time....oh well...i'll try to understand it and thanx for the quick info. Junior....even though ur a sr. member...hmmm.

____
05-30-2005, 04:54 PM
What would really help is if you watch the anime and also read the manga. The manga has a bit more explainations to it. If you just read/watch one of them, then it will be hard to understand. >.<

Notthesameanymore
05-30-2005, 05:26 PM
wah?!
u confused me there so no matter what i do i'll never get it?!!
hell...i don't think even the autor gets it...its probably some 12yr. old kids drawing and he decided to turn it into an anime..they'll put nething on tv.

Junior
05-30-2005, 05:31 PM
hell...i don't think even the autor gets it...its probably some 12yr. old kids drawing and he decided to turn it into an anime..they'll put nething on tv.
If you think about it, it's a really deep storyline with romance, comedy, and moments that just make you go " wtf?", probably created by a desperate guy with good drawing skills.

____
05-30-2005, 05:33 PM
wah?!
u confused me there so no matter what i do i'll never get it?!!
You'll get it if you don't read/watch both. You'll just need to take a lot of pain killers for your mind. By the time you see it the 6 - 12th time, it will kind of click. However, reading/watching both the manga and anime helps.

Notthesameanymore
05-30-2005, 05:43 PM
If you think about it, it's a really deep storyline with romance, comedy, and moments that just make you go " wtf?", probably created by a desperate guy with good drawing skills.
maaaaybe...or maybe..it was created by evil mole ppl...trying to devour the minds of innocent children...just saying.

Junior
05-30-2005, 06:58 PM
maaaaybe...or maybe..it was created by evil mole ppl...trying to devour the minds of innocent children...just saying.
ooookay then, that's an................................interesting way of putting it.

Notthesameanymore
06-03-2005, 06:37 PM
what do ya mean?!!!
its true...ok fine i'm just trying to find an excuse...ahh!!! i still don't get it and its only been one episode.

Rageling
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
You're not supposed to get it it is meant not to make sense although it does have a basic plot. Animus was captured by the evil Medical Mechanica. Alien police girl Raharu comes to hunt him and finds one of the very few people whose brains can transport things through dimentions Naota so she goes and becomes his house keeper under the alias of Haruhara Haruko and attempts to rescue the pirate king Animus who she fell in love with from Medical Mechanica using Naota's ability.

Renaki
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
I think i get it. Its very funny though. It took me a few times at watching the 6 eps. to get to the level of 'Im not sure but i think i do'.

Notthesameanymore
06-03-2005, 07:57 PM
You're not supposed to get it it is meant not to make sense although it does have a basic plot. Animus was captured by the evil Medical Mechanica. Alien police girl Raharu comes to hunt him and finds one of the very few people whose brains can transport things through dimentions Naota so she goes and becomes his house keeper under the alias of Haruhara Haruko and attempts to rescue the pirate king Animus who she fell in love with from Medical Mechanica using Naota's ability.
wha?!!! u actually understand it!!!!
u never told me!!!
*shakes him*
mew mew!! TT i feel so stupid.

-Batman-
06-03-2005, 09:56 PM
it's easy to understand...it jsut takes a long time to explain.I love it,and yes,it is cheap to buy.

Rageling
06-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I had to watch it over about 9 times first if it makes you feel better

Notthesameanymore
06-04-2005, 11:28 AM
not really....but its nice to know others had a struggle i've only seen it 5 times...

Sangie
06-19-2005, 04:23 PM
wasnt furi kuri done while the animator was in the mental insailum thingy

nikko
06-19-2005, 07:03 PM
i got it the second i watched it and loved it

Rageling
06-19-2005, 10:10 PM
They didn't even start in on the plot until the second episode you couldn't have got it the second you watched

nikko
06-19-2005, 10:21 PM
i dont mean like i turned it on and got the whole story. i mean the first time they showed or said something i got it. and if i didnt understand something like in ep. 2 i got it later on. i didnt have to see it 6 times over.